the secret to big chest is lowerchest

stock28

Awards
  • Established
And out of left field ironhands is back with another post as if the last three pages don’t exist.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Arnold probably had the best chest ever, his son has great genetics too but he's natty, he needs more lower chest mass to match his Dad's pectoral development
Damn I guess he just doesn’t have enough dedication. He just needs to work harder right?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn I guess he just doesn’t have enough dedication. He just needs to work harder right?
Look, IronHands KNOWS Arnold’s kid, so he can verify his natty status.
If anything, he’s better than Arnold because Arnold didn’t work hard, he let the steroids do all the work and took the easy way out.

#Natty4Life
#NattiesWorkHarder

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
Lee dominated Dorian because of his larger pectoral muscles

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lee dominated Dorian because of his larger pectoral muscles
If by dominated you mean beat him once then that was more down to politics than chest development. Too many guys told Lee that Dorian was a threat to win and that he was gifted a lot of his scores so Lee quit while he was ahead. The next year dorian would have cleaned house with or without Lee competing, and without changing anything about his chest.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
He's natty though, his Dad wasn't natty, relax
Well now I’m all confused. I thought natties could do everything enhanced dudes can, just takes more dedication and no short cuts.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hate racism as much as homophobia.
People want to be accepted and I give them the benefit of the doubt always since I’ve been on the receiving end. Imagine a world where people like us didn’t exist and everyone only looked out for number one, screwing everyone else over and treating each other horribly.

Yeah this happens when people gets to little attention and they blame everyone else for the world problems. Were all judgemental to some degree but just to have that understanding that everyone's not the same even if they look the same is what separates us from the animals.

stock28

Awards
  • Established
Well now I’m all confused. I thought natties could do everything enhanced dudes can, just takes more dedication and no short cuts.
That’s because you don’t understand the rules of ironhands logic. It’s pretty simple, you just make up **** as you go along.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ironhands troll word of the moment... "Relax"

Used at the end of a response to anyone questioning his logic.

Tune in next week when the word of the moment will be "sympathy"

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I’m okay with relax. I’m a big fan of relaxing. Maybe we should stick to that one.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I want to leave the insanity that is IronHands behind me and exit this thread, but I’m also curious what he’ll do next...

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
arnold was unstoppable in his hey day because of his massive chest

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
arnold was unstoppable in his hey day because of his massive chest
Arnold had a great physique but let's face it, he was mainly unstoppable because of his work ethic, his ability to play tricks on people, give "wrong advices" and the biggest one. Politics. Joe weider wanted Arnold as Mr Olympia and that's a huge foot up. I agree though his chest development was pretty much second to none, even today.

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
I admit it, Franco Columbu also had a great chest

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I admit it, Franco Columbu also had a great chest
True, but I thought the point of your thread was that the secret to bigger chest was lower chest. Columbu had a big chest because it was big overall. If anything, his upper chest stands out.

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
True, but I thought the point of your thread was that the secret to bigger chest was lower chest. Columbu had a big chest because it was big overall. If anything, his upper chest stands out.
I'm just promoting the old school big chest look, I miss that look from the 70s, yeah Franco had good upper chest but a huge chunk of his pectoral mass was his lower chest mass

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
Franco dominated Zane because of his large pectoral muscles. Chest is everything

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nope. Pec minor development simply raises the chest, and a lot of flyes and pullovers will stretch and widen the muscle bellies. Upper chest development is absolutely key to having the pec flex up to nearly the jawline.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nope. Pec minor development simply raises the chest, and a lot of flyes and pullovers will stretch and widen the muscle bellies. Upper chest development is absolutely key to having the pec flex up to nearly the jawline.
THANK YOU.
I’ve been saying this 20 pages ago. Look at my Avi. I do ZERO flat anything. ALL incline movements. Dips are the only thing I do that emphasizes less upper chest. And I STILL have an underdeveloped upper chest. When it’s fully developed, my chest looks a full foot longer. This is true for all guys in their first 5 years, stupid underdeveloped upper chests and it makes their chest look puny.

I think is even more true for guys like Ferrigno (6foot+) and us. Larger frames and the need to fill it out will most certainly include a lot of upper chest work.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
THANK YOU.
I’ve been saying this 20 pages ago. Look at my Avi. I do ZERO flat anything. ALL incline movements. Dips are the only thing I do that emphasizes less upper chest. And I STILL have an underdeveloped upper chest. When it’s fully developed, my chest looks a full foot longer. This is true for all guys in their first 5 years, stupid underdeveloped upper chests and it makes their chest look puny.

I think is even more true for guys like Ferrigno (6foot+) and us. Larger frames and the need to fill it out will most certainly include a lot of upper chest work.
Upper chest movements are very important. That said, I just enjoy the flat bench so much to just let it go.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Upper chest movements are very important. That said, I just enjoy the flat bench so much to just let it go.
A lot also depends on your personal anatomy and what your goals are. Or if you simply enjoy doing something, you should keep doing it.

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
The important part to develop is the LOWER chest, if you look at a picture of a bodybuilder with a massive chest next to a bodybuilder who has a lagging chest, their upper chest development will be almost the same, however the bodybuilder with a huge chest has a TON of lower chest mass

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The important part to develop is the LOWER chest, if you look at a picture of a bodybuilder with a massive chest next to a bodybuilder who has a lagging chest, their upper chest development will be almost the same, however the bodybuilder with a huge chest has a TON of lower chest mass
What? Lol, no. Look and Franco and Frank toegether, look at Franco’s upper chest. It’s huge. Look at franks, it’s flat.

Now, the lower pec, same development, pec minor however (underneath the three pec major plates) will push it all outward and upward.

This can only be worked with reverse shrugs (pec minor dips)

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
THANK YOU.

Absolutely. Tons of Incline Press and overhead press, Incline flyes, pullovers.... stretch and work that upper chest like mad. Pump it up huge.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The secret to a big chest is a shitload of Incline Press, flyes, pec minor dips, and pullovers. Not focusing on one half of the chest. Flat work should not be presses but instead flyes and pullovers.

Also, decline pullovers are a thing everyone should try if they haven’t.

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
I will ignore the silly comments. The pictures speak for themselves, the difference between a bodybuilder with a huge chest and a bodybuilder with a mediocre or small/lagging chest is the lower chest

stock28

Awards
  • Established
I will ignore the silly comments. The pictures speak for themselves, the difference between a bodybuilder with a huge chest and a bodybuilder with a mediocre or small/lagging chest is the lower chest
What else is new, you generally ignore any comments. By the way, you’re wrong as usual.

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
I will ignore stupid silly comments, the pictures speak for themselves, pictures can NOT be denied.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I will ignore stupid silly comments, the pictures speak for themselves, pictures can NOT be denied.
Are you confused by the definitions of upper and lower? Maybe that's it since you keep posting pictures that contradict your argument.

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
Ronnie's chest was literally TWICE as big as Dorian's chest was, I can't believe some of the stupidity I see here, smh