3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice haul, Bob

I'm honestly curious all around and cant say any one flavor interests me more than another. I've had Hyde samples before, but never any full tubs, so I don't even really know what to expect flavor-wise.

I just know every flavor of Bang ive had with the exception of Root Beer has been amazing. Bar is set high for me to deviate.
I thought the purple guava pear was absolutely disgusting. On the contrary I love the root beer lol. Crazy how everyone’s tastes differ.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought the purple guava pear was absolutely disgusting. On the contrary I love the root beer lol. Crazy how everyone’s tastes differ.
I still haven't even tried the root beer yet because of how many people hate it lol ive had all the rest I may just have to man up and do it

Hey Bob so they are more aiming towards soda flavors? I feel like Bang did a great job outside the box with flavors like cotton candy and sour heads. But really digging your reviews man... Can't believe you cracked open all 3 with a little peer pressure

GIJane1928

Awards
Anyone try the fitmax? How is it compared to some of the other powdered fat burners?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone try the fitmax? How is it compared to some of the other powdered fat burners?
It’s just launching now (and on sale for a great price), so no one here is going to really be able to tell you how they like it yet. That said, expect solid energy and mood effects, as well as nice focus to go with it, some endurance/performance benefits, and of course thermogenic/fat-burning effects.

Besides the ingredients for weight loss and energy, there are also solid doses of nootropics (choline, huperzine, and rhodiola) that should give you focus. Paired with LCLT you get well-rounded ingredients to improve recovery/endurance as well, which can be useful when you’re on a cut, or any time really.

Plus it’s all open-label, so you know exactly what you’re getting (solid doses). At the BOGO it’s $22.50/tub ($0.38 per serving/scoop, $0.75 for a full-double-scoop).

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

For those wondering about flavor on the Hyde potions

This is a legit grape Fanta
Absolutely fantastic

$23.40 for 16 cans ($1.45 / Can)
Would highly suggest gonna try the other 2 flavors next few days and get a review
Cherry cola
Island punch
MidwestBeast YamahaC76 thebigt

Where did u pick these up from ?

YamahaC76

Awards
  • Established
I'm hoping the white Hyde tastes like a carbonated white Powerade. That ended up being my favorite. Either way, ill be one of the first I suspect to get my hands on a case, so ill post it's flavor here as soon as it's possible.

rgenestr

rgenestr

Awards
thats awesome pricing considering what we pay for energy drinks, thinking about stocking up and completely diminishing the 3.00 monsters7 4$ redbulls from my frequent use

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats awesome pricing considering what we pay for energy drinks, thinking about stocking up and completely diminishing the 3.00 monsters7 4$ redbulls from my frequent use
I stocked up on Bang at Black Friday and won't have the need to purchase another energy drink til next year LOL

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You made a wise choice ordering the Purple Hyde Power Potions.
Steal of a deal on the price, and also they taste fantastic. You are going to love them especially for how solid they are (energy) wise.
$1.45 a can ($23.40 a Case for 16 cans) is much cheaper then what you were paying for the monsters and redbulls.

rgenestr

rgenestr

Awards
yeah i foresee a bigger order once i try them. **** im spending 3-6 a day as it is with the energy drinks, that dont provide any benefit besides keeping me awake.

rgenestr

rgenestr

Awards
You made a wise choice ordering the Purple Hyde Power Potions.
Steal of a deal on the price, and also they taste fantastic. You are going to love them especially for how solid they are (energy) wise.
$1.45 a can ($23.40 a Case for 16 cans) is much cheaper then what you were paying for the monsters and redbulls.
i cant wait to try them, and yeah its a deal you cant beat i think with my shipping i got 1.90 per can which is awesome considering they're also "healthier" then traditional energy drinks. Is the price standard or trial? Just for future ordering purposes i could see myself stocking up i liked hyde as a PWO when i got it years ago.

scump

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i cant wait to try them, and yeah its a deal you cant beat i think with my shipping i got 1.90 per can which is awesome considering they're also "healthier" then traditional energy drinks. Is the price standard or trial? Just for future ordering purposes i could see myself stocking up i liked hyde as a PWO when i got it years ago.
why compare this to hyde pwo though? other than the name it has nothing in common? this is essentially a bang clone, it would make more sense to compare it to that, other than the namesake.

I mean Hyde even after it stopped being good still had 400mg+ caffeine and a combination of other stims, not to say this drink itsn't worthwhile the pricepoint alone makes it a good product compared to bang.

YamahaC76

Awards
  • Established
Dang bob, you got another 3 cases? So they ARE good then haha, they have to be! I really just care about energy and flavor. I know with your sweet tooth, the flavor has to be on point then ;) They did say they worked with a formulator for quite some time getting it right.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Dang bob, you got another 3 cases? So they ARE good then haha, they have to be! I really just care about energy and flavor. I know with your sweet tooth, the flavor has to be on point then ;) They did say they worked with a formulator for quite some time getting it right.
Flavor is solid, and the energy is longer lasting then bang. The added teacrine and choline help enhance the stimulant to be sustained. Some people find Bangs to hit and go very fast. I can feel the Hyde Power Potion last on me for 4-5 hours in length. I have to say I am very pleased these are a huge step up from their original Hyde pre-workout in the flavor department.

For those bang fans they will be very happy picking them up especially with the intro prices of around ~23 a case and $1.45 a can. Most people spend $2.50-3 a can of bang which is almost half the price.

If your picking up the Hyde Power Potions:
Purple = Purple Fanta
Cherry Cola = Diet Cherry Coke
Island Punch = Kool-Aid Knock off.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I still haven't even tried the root beer yet because of how many people hate it lol ive had all the rest I may just have to man up and do it

Hey Bob so they are more aiming towards soda flavors? I feel like Bang did a great job outside the box with flavors like cotton candy and sour heads. But really digging your reviews man... Can't believe you cracked open all 3 with a little peer pressure
Definitely give it a shot. It is easily mine and my girlfriends favorite.

YamahaC76

Awards
  • Established
I'm the type to sip on an energy drink over the course of a few hours, so I have a feeling this will be the business for me. I do enjoy a bang. Looking forward to my 3 cases of Hyde.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Referencing a return of OG Alphamine.....

Is this a troll?

I imagine if OG Alphamine were to ever return it would get the reaction Stone Cold used to get in the 90s. Something like that...
A troll? No, I own HPS. What exactly about my statement is “trolling” in your opinion? I wasn’t trolling a year ago when I told this community we would be bringing back recompadrol and making it stronger as Glycøshield.

Hack75

Hack75

Awards
A troll? No, I own HPS. What exactly about my statement is “trolling” in your opinion? I wasn’t trolling a year ago when I told this community we would be bringing back recompadrol and making it stronger as Glycøshield.
Didn’t mean anything negative. I’d be first in line if there was a return of OG Alphamine or a substitute.

Thought you were making a joke or trying to rouse up the OG Alphamine fans.

Guess you weren’t and I’ll stay tuned

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Primeval been kicking butt with the new formulas gotta try some of the new products
Agree, I like a lot of what they’ve been putting out lately

rgenestr

rgenestr

Awards
why compare this to hyde pwo though? other than the name it has nothing in common? this is essentially a bang clone, it would make more sense to compare it to that, other than the namesake.

I mean Hyde even after it stopped being good still had 400mg+ caffeine and a combination of other stims, not to say this drink itsn't worthwhile the pricepoint alone makes it a good product compared to bang.
I wasn't saying it was a PWO or comparing it to one. Was just saying i liked it as a PWO and its from the same company. I haven't used a PWO in a while, but i would rather drink this in the morning before work/ even before the gym just because its more price efficient, and the ingredient profile is much better then a monster would be. To me its more about saving money and having a drink thats a tad "healthier" which the ingredient profile suggest.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
personal opinion coming in hot, but, unless you are in an extreme calorie deficit, if you need a BANG or equivalent just to get through the day, and then on top of that, a pre to get to the gym, you need more sleep, or your life requirements + gym standards are too much. Sleep is like money, every hour you "borrow" or short change yourself, you just accrue debt and you are just going to have to pay back in the end.

rgenestr

rgenestr

Awards
personal opinion coming in hot, but, unless you are in an extreme calorie deficit, if you need a BANG or equivalent just to get through the day, and then on top of that, a pre to get to the gym, you need more sleep, or your life requirements + gym standards are too much. Sleep is like money, every hour you "borrow" or short change yourself, you just accrue debt and you are just going to have to pay back in the end.
yeah i agree with you thats not the case for me though. i could def get some more sleep. i just have to be up early and my job is EXTREMELY boring. I program a robot and baby sit it and surf the web, and at times that gets boring. I'm just one of those guys that likes energy drinks as well.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah i agree with you thats not the case for me though. i could def get some more sleep. i just have to be up early and my job is EXTREMELY boring. I program a robot and baby sit it and surf the web, and at times that gets boring. I'm just one of those guys that likes energy drinks as well.
Can you program the robot to feel emotion?

TEACH IT TO LOVE!!!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Order was in at 1:30 yesterday on my door step already

Fast is fast

Finding these settle much easier on my stomach then bang, taste is solid. I would rank them

Grape - 1
Island punch - 2
Cherry cola - 3

I am partial to grape I just wish more companies would use that flavor for pre and intra supps

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Order was in at 1:30 yesterday on my door step already

Fast is fast

Finding these settle much easier on my stomach then bang, taste is solid. I would rank them

Grape - 1
Island punch - 2
Cherry cola - 3

I am partial to grape I just wish more companies would use that flavor for pre and intra supps
Glad to hear that! For some reason Bang makes me nauseous about 15 minutes after I drink it. And I'm not sensitive to caffeine or any of the other ingredients. I'll definitely give Hyde a try.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Some people just enjoy them. I'm in that crew that can live without them, but enjoy energy drinks.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone know how much Teacrine and choline is in one of these ??
For the Hyde energy drink?

Given their location below potassium sorbate, it’s percent composition (26% potassium) , and the 48mg of potassium per serving, we know that there has to be less than 185mg of each ingredient following it. As for the Theacrine, it also has to be less than 185mg too, but since it looks like the normal theacrine, not the tasteless 40% theacrine, I’d wager it’s a very low dose, as any substantial amount would likely negatively influence the taste of a drink.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Anyone know how much Teacrine and choline is in one of these ??
They are a blend just like Bang. You arer playing the guessing game.
After trying them I can personally say the energy and focus is much better then bang. Bang you may get a nice spike of energy and have it level off , while with Hyde I can get energy upward for hours that is long lasting and streaming. I don't feel a crash as it just steadily gets stronger and stronger as you continue to sip on it. It settles easier then bang (which is also a plus). You can tell there is less artificial flavoring.

i would put the purple hyde power potion in my top 3 if I were to rank the bang/hyde flavors together. Cotton Candy and Sour Heads are very hard to top from Bang (personal favorites). I enjoy it much more then Purple Guava Pear. Island Punch is also very good. It is extremely refreshing (think kool-aid), and then the hint of carbonation hits in the aftertaste (but does not overpower the real flavor of the drink).

If your a cherry cola fan and love diet cherry coke or a diet dr pepper cherry then you will find that one a keeper.
best way to describe what I feel after trying all of them and in comparison to bang.

rgenestr

rgenestr

Awards
Some people just enjoy them. I'm in that crew that can live without them, but enjoy energy drinks.
Yeah, i feel like i talk myself into them more then an actual need for them, but there's definitely times i'm at my desk dipping out scrolling bleacherreport and AM and i'm like i need one of those SOB's :banghead:

andrewski48

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This defintely describes me some days. Between working rotating shifts week to week most of my career and 2 little ones running around, most days I rely heavily on caffeine to make it through the day. I could probably get more sleep, but that would mean spending less time with my kids as I try to work out and clean/take care of dog while they're sleeping. Not complaining as I would not trade them for any amount of sleep and I know there are people who have it way more difficult than I do. I do understand somewhat relying on energy drinks when sleep and rest have to take a backseat to life. Plus like others have said they taste amazing. I have purchased close to 100 bangs this past year and love them.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah, i feel like i talk myself into them more then an actual need for them, but there's definitely times i'm at my desk dipping out scrolling bleacherreport and AM and i'm like i need one of those SOB's :banghead:
I rather see someone drink buy an energy drink online for a special intro sale for $1.45 a can. Then go into a gas station or a local supp store and drop $3 for one. Seeing people overpay grinds my gears. ..

I mean hell some people go into a starbucks and will drop upward to $5 a coffee.
None of us have an unlimited budget to pay for these supplements, energy drinks etc.... If someone is going to invest in them, the best thing I would do is steer them in the right direction to get the best bang for their buck.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I rather see someone drink buy an energy drink online for a special intro sale for $1.45 a can. Then go into a gas station or a local supp store and drop $3 for one. Seeing people overpay grinds my gears. ..

I mean hell some people go into a starbucks and will drop upward to $5 a coffee.
None of us have an unlimited budget to pay for these supplements, energy drinks etc.... If someone is going to invest in them, the best thing I would do is steer them in the right direction to get the best bang for their buck.
Where can you get the cases???

That fp sounds right up my alley. How come you haven't tried the other flavors?

rgenestr

rgenestr

Awards

It's an absolute no brainer especially for us in extreme caloric deficit. :laughing:

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Case. no local store or B&M retailers have them yet. But when they do you will pay double per can (Around $3)
The purple is a very safe bet. If you like Purple Fanta its a replica
Island Punch = Koolaid Knock off
Cherry Cola = Diet Cherry Cola
best way to describe them. Much lighter on the stomach then bang, and energy is much longer lasting. Godstrength PM'd you
I emailed you back what's up with the other flavors is have they been released yet

m1k3_d0z4

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was in the same boat as others when they say nobody “needs” an energy drink and that’s absolutely right, more sleep is the best option. But for some us, it’s just not that easy.

For me, I’m a full time student taking 12 hours a semester studying Pre-Med, work an office job M-F and have a wife and 4 kids under the age of 10. I refuse to sacrifice my time with them, so I train first thing in the morning at 0400, after staying up late doing homework/studying. Needless to say I rely heavily on caffeine.

Thanks to Bob and always looking out for us, I have saved a lot of money on cases of Bang. Also, gotta show some love to RXS for making the badass Radiate! It’s been a life saver!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had the grape and cola hyde..... there is less carbonation which I didn't enjoy...makes them taste more syrupy. Bang is much better imo. But....their energy and price point will make them a repurchase for me....not bad at all but nowhere near bang

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
i find the less carbonation makes it digestmuch easier (from the initial feedback). Then again you do have a stomach of steel, so I know that does not bother you. For some people Bang's do settle very heavy which makes Power Potion a great alternative.

Agree about the energy and price point. Very cost effective and the streaming/long lasting energy is noted.
I had the grape and cola hyde..... there is less carbonation which I didn't enjoy...makes them taste more syrupy. Bang is much better imo. But....their energy and price point will make them a repurchase for me....not bad at all but nowhere near bang

patrick25

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What flavor do you prefer

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Disappointed to hear less carbonation.

Have you tried any of the Monster water flavors (in the plastic can)? I only tried one and it wasnt enjoyable at all -- largely because it wasn't carbonated. Flavor wasnt bad, but I just didn't enjoy it at all and would never repurchase.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Disappointed to hear less carbonation.

Have you tried any of the Monster water flavors (in the plastic can)? I only tried one and it wasnt enjoyable at all -- largely because it wasn't carbonated. Flavor wasnt bad, but I just didn't enjoy it at all and would never repurchase.
The hydro?

I had the orange one.. it was pretty refreshing actually, wouldn’t go out my way to purchase again though

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Magnum Pre Fo Pre-Workout

Taste

Strawberry Marshmallow – Upon first sip I did not get a strong strawberry or a marshmallow flavor. To be honest this tasted like a normal fruit punch flavor. At no point could I taste the sweetness associated with a marshmallow. When a product is labeled “The best tasting pre-workout” I was hoping to actually get something that resembled the label. Magnum was off the mark on the flavor name, but besides that the fruit punch was bold, refreshing, and packed a ton of flavors (more orange, papaya, hints of strawberry and raspberries). Even with 16oz of water and 1.5 scoops this left a long lasting aftertaste that was rich. Overall the flavor is good, the name is just no where near what it should be.

Mixability

Magnum Pre 4 mixes with ease. Since the scoop size is so small it almost mixes instantly when hitting the water. After a few shakes I had no clumps or anything floating in the water. I have had a few magnum powders in the past and never had a single issue with them. You should find this easy to mix in any shaker cup or blender bottle.

Formula
Per 2 Scoops:
500mg agmatine sulfate (Pump/Nutrient Partitioning)
500mg acetyl l-carnitine (Performance)
6g of citrulline malate at a 2:1 ratio (Pumps, Prevent Lactic Acid Build up) 200mg of theanine (Enhance Caffeine Half-Life)
400mg of French pine bark (Boost Endurance, Recovery)
250mg of bacopa monnieri (Cognitive Enhancer)
60mg of bitter orange (increase energy expenditure / increase fatloss)
400mg hit of caffeine with half coming from caffeine anhydrous and the other half from longer lasting dicaffeine malate.

Cost

This is a new product to the market, so it is very hard to know the true pricing of this product yet. There is 50 scoops per container, and if you double scoop that leaves 25 servings. My guess is around $40 a bottle maybe a touch lower. At that cost that is pretty common among the pre-workout category on the market. Given Magnum runs some deals or sales you may see this drop to around $25-30, which would make it cost effective. Since at one scoop most ingredients are under dosed you will see people using 1.5-2 scoops per each workout pending their caffeine tolerance.

Workout Reaction
I used Magnum Pre4 for a FED workout and 1.5 scoops after eating around 50g of carbs. The reason I detail these things is because pre-workouts will work a bit better with carbs in conjunction with the pump based products in the formula. What may work even better is the stim aspect if taken on a fasted stomach upon waking in the morning. Since I have a low caffeine tolerance even with food I feel them hit me like a brick. I usually take pre-workouts 1-2x a week at max, so this way the effects hit me super hard.

My timing looked lke this
Pre-workout meal 90 minutes prior to training
Pre4 was taken 15 minutes prior to training
Drive 10 minutes to gym
Warm-up for 10 minutes and then started to lift.

It was about 3-4 sets in I felt the smooth rush of energy (theanine) and no crashing effects at all. The pump started to come on as I got into my first working set (I train DC so I do all out intensity sets with multiple warm-ups). I ended up doing a dropset into a widowmaker (20 reps) and felt like my upperbody was getting very hard. I respond very well to Citrulline so this makes a lot of sense. I supplement daily with Agmatine because I find that also works very well for pumps. As the workout prolonged my energy never dropped, in fact is stayed very smooth. Not once did I feel jitters or a big rush of energy. Overall I was pleased with this pre-workout. Normally high stim pre-workouts can either make me feel like death or work well. Due to the added cognitive enhancers it really smoothed out the energy and left a long lasting stream of energy. My pumps were good (nothing mind blowing), but with additional hydromax or nitrates it would take this pre-workout to the next level.