The Arachidonic Acid Help Guide

Hajiroku

Hajiroku

Awards
  • Established
I take four caps of x-gels everyday and I'm not feeling this soreness or inflammation everybody talks about. On top of that I'm doing Smolov squats so I thought it would be extremely intense, but I feel fine. Should I up the dose?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I take four caps of x-gels everyday and I'm not feeling this soreness or inflammation everybody talks about. On top of that I'm doing Smolov squats so I thought it would be extremely intense, but I feel fine. Should I up the dose?
Not everyone gets them, I don't.
A lot of ARA users seem to have found a sweet spot at 6 cap dosing.

Are you using GMS and a carnitine?

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ahhh I am using Alcar! Is that messing with the chemistry?
You could jump on the Athletix insider sale for Ergonine and get glycerol and LCLT (and some other great ingredients too)

ALCAR is good too, but LCLT has been known to increase androgen receptor sensitivity. That's a good thing in this case.

Congrats on the no DOMS on ARA, I wish I were that lucky!

Hajiroku

Hajiroku

Awards
  • Established
You could jump on the Athletix insider sale for Ergonine and get glycerol and LCLT (and some other great ingredients too) ALCAR is good too, but LCLT has been known to increase androgen receptor sensitivity. That's a good thing in this case. Congrats on the no DOMS on ARA, I wish I were that lucky!

I was seriously feeling the DOMS especially since I started dosing x-gels with my Smolov program. I figured I was about to add fuel to the fire, but nope! Hrm.... I'll look into your suggestion!

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Didnt get much in the way of DOMS myself either, but good lord the pumps (I dosed 1.5gm).

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You could jump on the Athletix insider sale for Ergonine and get glycerol and LCLT (and some other great ingredients too) ALCAR is good too, but LCLT has been known to increase androgen receptor sensitivity. That's a good thing in this case. Congrats on the no DOMS on ARA, I wish I were that lucky!
Ergonine should help alleviate the muscle soreness a bit. :D

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Very good note for ARA users there, Our new product Ergonine, on top of its many benefits, is also perfectly stacked with ARA and even further synergistic.

If you are checking it out today is the last day of our insider pricing but my coupon code will be active soon!

Great suggestion Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ergonine should help alleviate the muscle soreness a bit. :D
We shall see...1.5g of X-Factor Advanced is going to make itself known no matter what. I'll compare this week to last week, as I'm now 4 days in to E9 today.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is the dosing timing of GMS & LCLT critical?

For example, if I'm taking 3-5g of GMS and 2-3 g of LCLT should I does it all pre & post workout?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Is the dosing timing of GMS & LCLT critical? For example, if I'm taking 3-5g of GMS and 2-3 g of LCLT should I does it all pre & post workout?
Pre workout with the ARA, or even intra if it is a long session

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pre workout with the ARA, or even intra if it is a long session
Thanks. I'm doing 1.5 LCLT each pre & intra right now. But spacing out the gms a little more to avoid GI issues. Should I still dose the gms & LCLT on rest days when I'm not taking ArA?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Thanks. I'm doing 1.5 LCLT each pre & intra right now. But spacing out the gms a little more to avoid GI issues. Should I still dose the gms & LCLT on rest days when I'm not taking ArA?
Not really needed on off days although LCLT can be handy for recovery if you didn't mind using it daily

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very good note for ARA users there, Our new product Ergonine, on top of its many benefits, is also perfectly stacked with ARA and even further synergistic.

If you are checking it out today is the last day of our insider pricing but my coupon code will be active soon!

Great suggestion Piston Honda

Fill me in on your new release! Anything that stacks well with X-Factor piques my interest.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ergonine, the 9-ingredient Ergogenic and myogenic formula.

Our promo thread link:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/263313-athletix-get-ready.html

Product and write-up:

http://athletixsports.com/products/ergonine.html/

:)
I'm about to nitpick, not that I don't think it's a good product, I ordered one of each flavor during the intro sale.

I plan to use it for simplicity sake to cut down the amount of single ingredients I'm mixing together in my morning cocktail.

--

Anyway, I can't mentally reconcile the 1100mg PerformaLean blend.

I really dislike doing mental gymnastics over partial doses of ingredients in multiple products.

Is the choline dosed low to avoid GI issues in combination with the betaine?

Is half a gram of choline or hydromax really going to do much to even be worth including?

That said, at $1/day, obviously can't really complain too much, and the product is worth it even discounting the inclusion of those ingredients entirely.

--

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm about to nitpick, not that I don't think it's a good product, I ordered one of each flavor during the intro sale.

I plan to use it for simplicity sake to cut down the amount of single ingredients I'm mixing together in my morning cocktail.

--

I really dislike doing mental gymnastics over partial doses of ingredients in multiple products.

Is half a gram of choline or hydromax really going to do much to even be worth including?

That said, at $1/day, obviously can't really complain too much, and the product is worth it even discounting the inclusion of those ingredients entirely.

--
This is actually something we spent a lot of time testing in house to assure we perfected before release. The Choline is added for one purpose only -- its necessary presence with LCLT. In our opinions there needs to be choline present when taking LCLT. There does not need to be a large dose as in cognitive formulas that give the GI issues though. The goal with HydroMax is just enough to provide everyday fullness. No one is going to get a High Volume-like pump from Ergonine. But we felt that the amount used was perfect for daily use, especially since the fullness with glycerol seems to get better with time. Its purpose in the formula is mostly aesthetic, because we all love the full muscle feeling.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

--

--
The choline dose is actually higher than the lowest studied dose that was found to reduce urinary output of carnitine. The purpose of choline in the formula is to enhance total body carnitine stores, and there are some 15 studies demonstrating this effect, with doses ranging from 450mg to several grams daily.

Hydromax's purpose is actually to balance osmolality in this case. The formula is loaded with intracellular osmolytes which can lead to symptoms of dehydration (hence the whole "drink water with your creatine"), and glycerol serves as a plasma osmolyte to allow for improved water balance and less compartmental shifts.

Ferulic acid is dosed based on the human trials (2) that exist on it

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The choline dose is actually higher than the lowest studied dose that was found to reduce urinary output of carnitine. The purpose of choline in the formula is to enhance total body carnitine stores, and there are some 15 studies demonstrating this effect, with doses ranging from 450mg to several grams daily.

Hydromax's purpose is actually to balance osmolality in this case. The formula is loaded with intracellular osmolytes which can lead to symptoms of dehydration (hence the whole "drink water with your creatine"), and glycerol serves as a plasma osmolyte to allow for improved water balance and less compartmental shifts.

Ferulic acid is dosed based on the human trials (2) that exist on it
Interesting

So then the assumption being that co-ingestion with choline would increase maximum carnitine storage beyond what you'd usually see with supplementation?

That's not actually the choline/carnitine interaction I was assuming you were going to go for, but makes sense.

--

I didn't comment on the ferulic acid dose, since it fits well within the blend ;)

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
This is off topic but hey, I'm gonna take my ARA with my Betaine anhydrous I just recieved. Should be a good pump considering ARA is already ridiculous

HardEarned

HardEarned

Awards
This is also off topic but ARA is gangster and I gained like 7lbs in a month off a stack revolving around ARA and anabeta elite.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
I wanna see if Betaine anhydrous has a reaction. Might do Anabeta ARA this summer

HardEarned

HardEarned

Awards
I love stacking betaine anhydrous with creatine monohydrate and ARA. Fat cell membrane stretching capabilities! Do not take Agmatine with that combination!!!! It will cause you to get so pumped your muscles will be in excruciating pain in between sets! YOU WILL SPEND ALL 3 MINUTES BETWEEN SETS WIGGLING ON THE BENCH IN PAIN. It feel like how your abs feel after a gang of crunches, except the burn doesn't go away in 5 seconds. It takes 3 minutes to go away!

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
I wanna see if Betaine anhydrous has a reaction. Might do Anabeta ARA this summer

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love stacking betaine anhydrous with creatine monohydrate and ARA. Fat cell membrane stretching capabilities! Do not take Agmatine with that combination!!!! It will cause you to get so pumped your muscles will be in excruciating pain in between sets! YOU WILL SPEND ALL 3 MINUTES BETWEEN SETS WIGGLING ON THE BENCH IN PAIN. It feel like how your abs feel after a gang of crunches, except the burn doesn't go away in 5 seconds. It takes 3 minutes to go away!
Were you spying on me last night??
1g agmatine pre-wo and then my ARA. I did a chest workout. I was yanking on the elastic band to stretch out my chest in between sets.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
mother of god 0_0

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
lost it

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I cannot recall- what was the consensus on stacking laxo and ara? Dose as far apart as possible, like with joint supps / fish oil?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I must admit, this is getting well beyond me. The study does shed some light that perhaps displacement may be favourable. In all honesty, I have no idea.
study?

Maybe I missed sonething

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Same here, I usually eat right around 1 hour before I dose my XF. 90-120 min is perhaps even more ideal but I haven't noticed a ton of difference personally when taking w food, fasted, or in between.
yea 2 hours would be ideal IMO

I don't notice any difference thiugh

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
study? Maybe I missed sonething
He was referring to this post I believe.

Here is one coming straight from Will L. from 2013: I just want to take a moment to specifically address the notion that Arachidonic Acid (ArA) should be taken alone, without fish oil, for maximum anabolic effect. While this may be true for some individuals, we at Molecular Nutrition have found through years of trial and error that fish oil can augment the anabolic effects of ArA in many individuals. This is why we added Omega-3 EFA's to X-Factor Advanced. A recent study may help explain why there may be such synergy. The study in question examined the metabolic effects of fish oil supplementation in young men. As part of this, the researchers measured prostaglandin (PG) levels. As you may know, PGF2-alpha is a prostaglandin produced from arachidonic acid, and is the PG primarily related to protein synthesis and muscle growth. It is what we're looking for more of when taking ArA. The researchers must have expected a reduction in PGF2-alpha after fish oil, given its known competitive nature with ArA. However, the opposite occurred. Fish oil resulted in a substantial increase in PGF2-alpha. What is probably going on is that the omega-3 EFA's in fish oil are displacing membrane-bound ArA, causing it to enter circulation where it is available for PG synthesis. So instead of being counterproductive, taking fish oil alongside ArA may actually cause you to have a greater increase in the serum level of muscle-building prostaglandins. Whatever the exact mechanism, we are not noticing the inhibition everyone expected. It probably isn't this way for everyone, or at least I speculate. I'd imagine those that have already been taking high doses of fish oil might have already done a good job of lowering membrane-bound ARA. I would say this type of user should probably run ArA alone. Otherwise, taking some fish oil might help you get more out of your next run of ArA.

Reference: Metabolism, 2013 Mar 20. pii: S0026-0495(13)00051-6. doi: 10.1016/j.metabol.2013.02.004.
[Epub ahead of print] Fish oil supplementation alters circulating eicosanoid concentrations in young healthy men.

Yes it's his opinion, but he does have his reasoning behind it and does address some of the caveats possible with continuing fish oil with ArA supplementation for some individuals. I'm sure he has much more thoughts and references for his opinions but again, best to ask him directly. I'm just sharing info here. Additional things to think about: What if you are one of those that falls into the demographic in which fish oil supplementation actually will increase your inflammation response? Now what would be the optimal dosing procedure for such an individual? How does one even tell which kind of dosing would be best with them? Just a reminder that there are variables at play in real world practice which are not evident when looking at things in isolated scenarios. Personally, and this is ENTIRELY PERSONAL ANECDOTE (which I've mentioned probably on AM a time or two and a few times over on the other board), so THIS IS NOT A CLAIM, but I found DOMS usually kicks in quicker and stronger when I've used XFA. That's just an n=1 experience, but that is what I have personally observed through multiple ArA cycles.

ReinalHot61

Awards
Had a huge improvement using 6 caps XF OG, 2 scoops Glycergrow, and around 2.1g ALCAR preworkout on a deficit.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ArA on a deficit is underrated.
what would you suggest if your taking ARA and transtioning ino a cutting phase? Keep calories more or less at maintenance?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
what would you suggest if your taking ARA and transtioning ino a cutting phase? Keep calories more or less at maintenance?
I don't think supplementing with ArA should dictate your diet at all. Do as your normally would.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ara will not help you cut more. The diet will do that... If you want to cut, you have to remove calories

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ara will not help you cut more. The diet will do that... If you want to cut, you have to remove calories
yes makes sense and that was my plan all along. My question was in response to aaronuconn who wrote "ArA on a deficit is underrated"... When I first saw his post it was on my cell and thought he wrote overrated. My bad.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Can taurine be used to alleviate back pumps from ARA the same as on an AAS/DS cycle?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Can taurine be used to alleviate back pumps from ARA the same as on an AAS/DS cycle?
Really you shouldn't get back pumps from ARA to begin with, have lots of water and electrolytes.

If it is actual back pumps and not just inflammation or soreness then Taurine should help

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Taurine yes...although part of the pumps are due to its cell-hydrating mechanism. I think making sure your sodium levels and other elctrolytes are in balance will alleviate most of the painful pumps people aren't TRYING to achieve with certain products.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Thanks guys! It's just on lower body days so I think I'll buy a cheap bottle at a local supp store and call it a day!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys! It's just on lower body days so I think I'll buy a cheap bottle at a local supp store and call it a day!
That's the way to go. Can't say ive heard of back pumps with Ara though :D

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
yes makes sense and that was my plan all along. My question was in response to aaronuconn who wrote "ArA on a deficit is underrated"... When I first saw his post it was on my cell and thought he wrote overrated. My bad.
Well, I just meant that most people only think to use it when in a caloric surplus, but it does a great job of preserving lean body mass during a cut.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Well, I just meant that most people only think to use it when in a caloric surplus, but it does a great job of preserving lean body mass during a cut.
It sure does. Love it in a cut

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Couple of retailers are showing ARA some luv this weekend with sales which has me thinking of planning a 2nd run ...
4-8 weeks between runs sufficient?