The Arachidonic Acid Help Guide

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Couple of retailers are showing ARA some luv this weekend with sales which has me thinking of planning a 2nd run ... 4-8 weeks between runs sufficient?
Depends how you run it. Usually a 4 week break is long enough. 50 days on, 50 days off.

Nyrin

Awards
Couple of retailers are showing ARA some luv this weekend with sales which has me thinking of planning a 2nd run ...
4-8 weeks between runs sufficient?
What sorts of deals are you seeing? A quick glance and I'm just seeing X-Gels around $32/bottle, which is a pretty common deal price.

Don't hold back--I need some ArA to go with the absurd supply of ABE I have now!

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pm sent

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What sorts of deals are you seeing? A quick glance and I'm just seeing X-Gels around $32/bottle, which is a pretty common deal price.

Don't hold back--I need some ArA to go with the absurd supply of ABE I have now!
27.99 after discount code....that's an incredible deal

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What sorts of deals are you seeing? A quick glance and I'm just seeing X-Gels around $32/bottle, which is a pretty common deal price. Don't hold back--I need some ArA to go with the absurd supply of ABE I have now!
Log the stack. :D

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No XGels on sale at NP. My bad... Price at TGB is sick tho!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No XGels on sale at NP. My bad... Price at TGB is sick tho!
Best price i've ever personally seen i think!

DarthGainer

Awards
Any benefits using ARA on cycle?

Or would there be a problem regarding using an AI, joint wise.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any benefits using ARA on cycle?

Or would there be a problem regarding using an AI, joint wise.
Shouldn't be any problems joint wise unless you are already running a very dry compound.

Back in the day MN reps used to preach something about androgen receptors and ArA but I don't know if it was broscience or not.

DarthGainer

Awards
Shouldn't be any problems joint wise unless you are already running a very dry compound.

Back in the day MN reps used to preach something about androgen receptors and ArA but I don't know if it was broscience or not.
Prop, Ment and form only.

Was Thinking of running 2g 3 days a week. TBH mainly for the pump effect, Always got a better pump than any traditional pump ingredients.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Prop, Ment and form only.

Was Thinking of running 2g 3 days a week. TBH mainly for the pump effect, Always got a better pump than any traditional pump ingredients.
with prop and ment you should be pumped as hell anyways...

DarthGainer

Awards
Yeah your right lol.

Prop does not effect pump for me but ment does,

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah your right lol.

Prop does not effect pump for me but ment does,
any anabolic should simply due to increased glycogen storage... unless you're doing keto I guess.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Will acetaminophen or Benadryl effect ARA? I know acetaminophen is not anti-inflammatory but will either effect any certain pathways ?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Will acetaminophen or Benadryl effect ARA? I know acetaminophen is not anti-inflammatory but will either effect any certain pathways ?
If you're worried, just dose away from ArA. Not sure if you planned on dosing close to it or not.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
If you're worried, just dose away from ArA. Not sure if you planned on dosing close to it or not.
the way it works out in my schedule I dose about 4 hours after I take it if I had to guess

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards

iowaviking11

Awards
I've used this for bodybuilding style lifting and really liked how full it made my muscles feel. I've recently switched over to some olympic style lifting, with a 2-3 crossfit metcons a week. My question is will ara be beneficial in building muscle/ help getting stronger at the olympic lifts. Thanks for the help

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I've used this for bodybuilding style lifting and really liked how full it made my muscles feel. I've recently switched over to some olympic style lifting, with a 2-3 crossfit metcons a week. My question is will ara be beneficial in building muscle/ help getting stronger at the olympic lifts. Thanks for the help
It should help in the same way it helps with PLing.

Bear in mind it is a power sport and not just a strength one.

Junglekat

Awards
During my ara cycle I had diarrhea almost every day. I was dosing 1.25g ara 4g GMS 2g carnitine. Has anyone else had this same problem?

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
During my ara cycle I had diarrhea almost every day. I was dosing 1.25g ara 4g GMS 2g carnitine. Has anyone else had this same problem?
If you're poppin' ArA pills and you feel something spill...

Haven't had that issue. :) But it is an oil and if you take on an empty stomach it could kick you into ketosis and cause it. Your diet in general might have had you in ketosis which is well known to cause your issue.

DarthGainer

Awards
I couldn't win with GMS (not micro), Trying to get it down made me vomit the first few times then 1 hour later shooting a gallon of water out my ass.

PES High volume has this sorted, Pre Pes high volume was very gritty with GMS.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
If you're poppin' ArA pills and you feel something spill...

Haven't had that issue. :) But it is an oil and if you take on an empty stomach it could kick you into ketosis and cause it. Your diet in general might have had you in ketosis which is well known to cause your issue.
Dosing fat as a one off wont kick you into ketosis man.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
If your fasted it can.
Empty stomach is different to long term fasting

You are talking about a 1g of fat kicking somebody into a state of ketosis? Are you taking into account that Glycogen stores are likely not depleted?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wikipedia states that you can enter ketosis after the overnight fast, so I can see the confusion. Unfortunately the statement is unreferenced and the whole passage is filled with fallacies not applicable to healthy populations. Dirtywilly, here's a good article for you to read. It'lll help clear up a few things: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2129159/pdf/1550-2783-1-2-7.pdf
I always found it interesting that people with epilepsy Benefit from low carb or keto diets.

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
Wikipedia states that you can enter ketosis after the overnight fast, so I can see the confusion.

Unfortunately the statement is unreferenced and the whole passage is filled with fallacies not applicable to healthy populations.

Dirtywilly, here's a good article for you to read. It'lll help clear up a few things: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2129159/pdf/1550-2783-1-2-7.pdf
Great article, says what I've been saying for 15 years now that keto is the way to go. It's a shame they didn't mention that keto increases heart efficiency by 35%, but one step at a time I guess. Besides when keto athletes like Tim Olson annihilate the Western 100M run by over 15 minutes, I think it speaks for itself.

DarthGainer

Awards
Great article, says what I've been saying for 15 years now that keto is the way to go. It's a shame they didn't mention that keto increases heart efficiency by 35%, but one step at a time I guess. Besides when keto athletes like Tim Olson annihilate the Western 100M run by over 15 minutes, I think it speaks for itself.
Maybe he could have done the same on a non keto diet?

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Is it ok to use glucuronolactone, citrulline malate and agmatine per workout with ARA?

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards

iowaviking11

Awards
One last question, Last time i took ara i took it fasted with bcaa's pre workout, mgs, and alcar. What exactly is considered fasted? if i have a preworkout mean an hr or 2 before and take ara gms alcar 5 minutes before starting workout, will i still get the benifits?

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One last question, Last time i took ara i took it fasted with bcaa's pre workout, mgs, and alcar. What exactly is considered fasted? if i have a preworkout mean an hr or 2 before and take ara gms alcar 5 minutes before starting workout, will i still get the benifits?
You should be fine, ~ 2 hours or more away from a meal is ideal

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
While you wont be considered "fasted", this is still fine. You could even dose after your warmup and see the benefits. Many people have run it both ways (fasted and not) and seen very little if any difference.

Fasted implies that there is no circulating food in your system at all anymore and digestion (even of light foods or shakes) takes hours.

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
I have recently started a CKD protocol, with a carb re-feed every 7-10 days. I usually have a protein shake with MCT oil about an hour or so before my workout, and 50g Karbolyn intra. Fat is typically about 150g per day or thereabouts. Eating just below maintenance. My goal is to lean out. I am wondering if there is ANY point in me taking X-Factor? I have a couple of bottles that I bought some time ago, but given my current protocol and what I've been reading about the whole fasted thing and omega 3 (which mine are naturally going to be quite high and regular on CKD), would it be a waste?

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have recently started a CKD protocol, with a carb re-feed every 7-10 days. I usually have a protein shake with MCT oil about an hour or so before my workout, and 50g Karbolyn intra. Fat is typically about 150g per day or thereabouts. Eating just below maintenance. My goal is to lean out. I am wondering if there is ANY point in me taking X-Factor? I have a couple of bottles that I bought some time ago, but given my current protocol and what I've been reading about the whole fasted thing and omega 3 (which mine are naturally going to be quite high and regular on CKD), would it be a waste?
Omega 3s should be fine to take as long as they are dosed away from ArA. Also, you can take them fasted. I've felt no difference.

Also do
You like ckd ?

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
Omega 3s should be fine to take as long as they are dosed away from ArA. Also, you can take them fasted. I've felt no difference.

Also do
You like ckd ?
I do like it, so far... only been a couple of weeks, but as long as I keep my calories where they need to be, I feel good. Definitely notice it as the week goes on though, and when I'm ready for carbs. So given I'm technically not fasted, would it be OK to take the ArA?

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do like it, so far... only been a couple of weeks, but as long as I keep my calories where they need to be, I feel good. Definitely notice it as the week goes on though, and when I'm ready for carbs. So given I'm technically not fasted, would it be OK to take the ArA?
Ya man I see no issues

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I don't ever train fasted anymore so what I do is dose them just before my workout. Do my usual warm-up and stretching then kick into my routine. So far, I notice the Ara without any issues.

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
I don't ever train fasted anymore so what I do is dose them just before my workout. Do my usual warm-up and stretching then kick into my routine. So far, I notice the Ara without any issues.
Good to know. Yeah it's been a while since I last trained fasted either, as I never got on with it very well when I did. I don't need a big meal, but I need SOMETHING.

Hajiroku

Hajiroku

Awards
  • Established
So....I've upped my dose to 8 x-gel capsules while doing my Smolov program and I still don't get the mad DOMS people talk about. Just wondering but is 8 excessive and should I drop back down to 6?

I'm also dosing the GMS and ALCAR to the max dose while training fasted.

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
I'm a veteran lifter, so I don't get many DOMs in anything I do. Haven't noticed an increase in DOMs, maybe a hair. If I play an intense sport after lifting I'll notice tingly cramping in my legs a few hours later so it definitely does something.

My personal experience with this stuff so far has been that it causes aches in injured/overworked areas but accelerates healing. Helped a minor LCL injury clear up completely! Used to tear my calves a lot, hasn't happened. Usually pull my neck every few months, hasn't happened. Have a torn bicep tendon that got set off lifting more lately but it healed in half the time. Suppose you could say my strength is up, but so is my weight recently so take that for what it is.

Hajiroku

Hajiroku

Awards
  • Established
I'm a veteran lifter, so I don't get many DOMs in anything I do. Haven't noticed an increase in DOMs, maybe a hair. If I play an intense sport after lifting I'll notice tingly cramping in my legs a few hours later so it definitely does something. My personal experience with this stuff so far has been that it causes aches in injured/overworked areas but accelerates healing. Helped a minor LCL injury clear up completely! Used to tear my calves a lot, hasn't happened. Usually pull my neck every few months, hasn't happened. Have a torn bicep tendon that got set off lifting more lately but it healed in half the time. Suppose you could say my strength is up, but so is my weight recently so take that for what it is.
Thanks for the input. I rarely get DOMS but people claim you'll get them regardless. Surprisingly I haven't had any injuries despite powerlifting for years. If your claims about faster healing are true then I guess it'll probably aiding my recovering during my Smolov workouts. The intense phase feels easier than the base cycle for me.