hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe he’s so cut up now, he’s doing photo shoots n stuff and has no time for us.
He is vegan now and switched from lifting to ballet:

swim.jpg

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just assumed the tren got the best of him....maybe hes just out chasing some strange

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey man, been quite. Hope all is ok.
2nd day back in the gym. Missed 7 days with the flu...and i never get sick. No pins or orals while i was sick. Lost 15 pounds. Back to pinning and orals two days ago. Strength went way down. Hoping to bounce back in the next few days. Doing test prop daily in AM before workout, test e every 4 days, tren daily, clen daily. Last two workouts post workout cramping in arms and back has been awful. I want some of those 15 pounds back before strict cutting begins again. Seriously 7 days of water and soup...all of which came straight out of my ass...killed me in the gym. Very frustrating

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
2nd day back in the gym. Missed 7 days with the flu...and i never get sick. No pins or orals while i was sick. Lost 15 pounds. Back to pinning and orals two days ago. Strength went way down. Hoping to bounce back in the next few days. Doing test prop daily in AM before workout, test e every 4 days, tren daily, clen daily. Last two workouts post workout cramping in arms and back has been awful. I want some of those 15 pounds back before strict cutting begins again. Seriously 7 days of water and soup...all of which came straight out of my ass...killed me in the gym. Very frustrating
Glad your feeling better

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sorry to hear that Bro!

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I just got sick for 4 or 5 days too

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just got sick for 4 or 5 days too
Today was a good day of eating though..lol. Since last night two pounds of chicken salad and 8 croissants are gone. Lol...50 pounds in a month and a half is way too fast..got to put some back on and take a slower approach...without getting sick. I can put on 2 pounds a day easy. Thats no lie.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Glad you are feeling better.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Third day back was better. Dropped the adderal. Strength is coming back..feeling good again. Diet is still at surplus..weight was 308 this morning. Im going to clean gain a bit until strength comes back...then start to cut slow...very slow.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Third day back was better. Dropped the adderal. Strength is coming back..feeling good again. Diet is still at surplus..weight was 308 this morning. Im going to clean gain a bit until strength comes back...then start to cut slow...very slow.
You can sell me some if you don’t need.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Question, at 44 do i really have any hope of putting some size on my legs? Especially at my height. Ive been training them every other day...but are they just gone now?

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Question, at 44 do i really have any hope of putting some size on my legs? Especially at my height. Ive been training them every other day...but are they just gone now?
You can always put size on your legs

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You can always put size on your legs
^^^^ absolutely
Dont know if this is really in the same category but look at Gregg Valentino. He has some pretty monster legs and I think he is in his 50's. Maybe he gained most in his younger years but surely had to get a lot after coming out of prison which would put him right around your age I'd guess.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I mean he was roughly your age after getting out of prison.....

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just remembered watching guys comment when lavrone was making his comeback. These bodybuilders were all saying he couldnt get them back because of his age...and well..he didn't.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I just remembered watching guys comment when lavrone was making his comeback. These bodybuilders were all saying he couldnt get them back because of his age...and well..he didn't.
It’s a sign of longevity. It was absurd how fast Levrone’s upper body responded to aas and hard training. I mean, he competed what like 18 months after starting up his training from scratch? But legs, natty or not, are a sign of years and years of dedicated training. It’s just gonna take a bit longer. Which is why mine suck but my upper body has made huge jumps in only 6-7 months. My legs are gonna take a few years though.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ve read a lot of conflicting information. But a lot of guys say for over 6’2, front squats and sets of 25 or more after finishing your heavy sets on back squats and leg presses. Heavy squats for some reason, never put slabs of meat on my legs. It seemed like heavy high rep lunges did more. Hack squats, I hate but I also saw more results that way it seemed.

Do you do a lot of deadlifts? Sorry, didn’t read every page to find that info.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Front squats are good. High rep finishers are great (they suck though). Like Matthersby high rep lunges are good too. Idk how valuable my advice is though bc im still young and my legs have always responded fairly well to whatever i throw at them

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Front squats are good. High rep finishers are great (they suck though). Like Matthersby high rep lunges are good too. Idk how valuable my advice is though bc im still young and my legs have always responded fairly well to whatever i throw at them
Yeah well wait till your older and have no cartilage in your knees and then come talk. Lol

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah well wait till your older and have no cartilage in your knees and then come talk. Lol
After 2 back surgeries...i cant squat or deadlift heavy. Im all hammer strength for legs. I always hit them hard, but they never seem to grow.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After 2 back surgeries...i cant squat or deadlift heavy. Im all hammer strength for legs. I always hit them hard, but they never seem to grow.
I take that back...i cant train heavy with squats and deads...but i still try for a pretty heavy one once in awhile

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m super blessed with a good back. I feel awful for anyone with back issues, I’ve seen how painful it is. But I’ve had both meniscus repaired in both knees, mine are worthless. But no pain luckily. I knew a taller guy with back problems and he couldn’t squat, but had impressive quads with just angled leg press. He swore by high high high reps with heavy weight though. My calves are even worse, I see people just bounce 5 plates and their dumbazzes are all genetics, I have to do at least 50 slow reps to see any response in my calves. I dunno I’ve never had huge legs but I know when I could squat a good number, they weren’t too big, but when I religiously trained painful horrible, vomit-inducing high rep sets, they grew better.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I cant squat to the grass. But, I can squat most of the way. Also check out my leg workout. Might help you out. Might have to look a few weeks back. I had to drop legs for a few weeks.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I cant squat to the grass. But, I can squat most of the way. Also check out my leg workout. Might help you out. Might have to look a few weeks back. I had to drop legs for a few weeks.
Yeah when you got hurt...i remember that

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah when you got hurt...i remember that
Got hurt....But, mainly my wife bought 32 jeans. And they fit fine except around my thighs. So gotta drop down a bit to fit into the new ones. Lol

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
Hey swimfan65,

As an older weightlifter (not in your strength class, but love pumping iron ), my “go to” leg exercise is the Bulgarian split squat. It’s easy on the lower back and really helps build strength and size in the legs (quads, hammies, and glutes). The burn is phenomenal when done right! And it is very effective at stimulating muscle growth in my experience.

Here is a YouTube video describing and demonstrating the lift.

https://youtu.be/BfUtXxI8cLM

Try starting out doing 3 sets of fifteen reps with 20-25 lb dumbbells in each hand! Hint: This 61 year old, 6ft tall, 200 pounder uses 17.5 lb dumbbells. You have to experiment with a weight you are comfortable with.

I’m hoping this works out for you!

Good luck!

Stay safe! Stay strong!

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Just because im young doesnt mean i cant talk when someones trying to figure out some ways to put size on their legs bro. I may still have some cartilage but i know how to lift weights lol

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey swimfan65,

As an older weightlifter (not in your strength class, but love pumping iron ), my “go to” leg exercise is the Bulgarian split squat. It’s easy on the lower back and really helps build strength and size in the legs (quads, hammies, and glutes). The burn is phenomenal when done right! And it is very effective at stimulating muscle growth in my experience.

Here is a YouTube video describing and demonstrating the lift.

https://youtu.be/BfUtXxI8cLM

Try starting out doing 3 sets of fifteen reps with 20-25 lb dumbbells in each hand! Hint: This 61 year old, 6ft tall, 200 pounder uses 17.5 lb dumbbells. You have to experiment with a weight you are comfortable with.

I’m hoping this works out for you!

Good luck!

Stay safe! Stay strong!
Looks like im going to try it. Thanks for the tip!

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It’s a sign of longevity. It was absurd how fast Levrone’s upper body responded to aas and hard training. I mean, he competed what like 18 months after starting up his training from scratch? But legs, natty or not, are a sign of years and years of dedicated training. It’s just gonna take a bit longer. Which is why mine suck but my upper body has made huge jumps in only 6-7 months. My legs are gonna take a few years though.
Frack...guess I gotta do extra legs to make up.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today was bench day...sucked. Strength way down, feel flat as hell...no pump at all. I lost that weight too fast with being sick. Toying with the idea of adding insulin back. So that would be test, tren, insulin in order to put some weight and muscle back on. Couldnt stand how i felt in the gym today...weak...screw that. Or, at 44 years of age, do i say...over 300 pounds isnt healthy..i need to slim down and live a long happy life...play golf and tennis or whatever.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Golf and tennis are for old rich men in funny pants. Your a beast, you lift heavy things up and put them down. People usually ride the cart, drink beer, and eat tons of terrible food. So golf probably kills you faster than lifting, unless your pulling the golf cart around, that's a different story.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Golf and tennis are for old rich men in funny pants. Your a beast, you lift heavy things up and put them down. People usually ride the cart, drink beer, and eat tons of terrible food. So golf probably kills you faster than lifting, unless your pulling the golf cart around, that's a different story.
Me and DemntedCowboy gonna sit in that golf cart with a beer, hitting the brakes, while swimfan65 pulls us from hole to hole. :)

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
gc.jpg

If the pressure drops in the keg, swimfan65 shakes violently the keg for us.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ha...first smile all day. That gym today pissed me off brothers
You’ll be back there. That was no regular freaking flu bro. Just give it a few more days to get strength on track. Even on good gear, if I take 7-8 days off, it takes me weeks to get my nervous system back on track with strength. You got this shyt.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Two was an off day..i went 4 in a row. Spent the day, so far, eating. Chicken, rice, beans, cottage cheese, ground beef, oats, peanut butter. Feeling and looking fuller...not as flat as yesterday. Going out for dinner..wonder if i can talk the woman into a buffet..lol.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dinner was two plates of patsa and meatballs...feel like Popeye after eating his spinach. Muscles are hard and full...feel very strong. Hoping i can kill it tomorrow.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Weight is getting back up there. Im at 328 now..strength is creeping back up. This is more like a roller coaster log rather than a cut log. I just lost too much too fast and getting sick for a week sure didnt help. Im going to try to maintain at around 330 while building muscle and slowly losing fat. I think the tren will make this possible. Just going to have to play around with food intake to find a sweet spot where im not really gaining and not losing either. I am certainly more defined now..they powerlifter belly has shrunk...its not a fat belly...its one of those rock hard bellys from years of food, gear, and very heavy lifting. Any tips on how to maintain weight and still grow while losing fat? I know its every mans dream and is damn near impossible...but im gonna try.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Weight is getting back up there. Im at 328 now..strength is creeping back up. This is more like a roller coaster log rather than a cut log. I just lost too much too fast and getting sick for a week sure didnt help. Im going to try to maintain at around 330 while building muscle and slowly losing fat. I think the tren will make this possible. Just going to have to play around with food intake to find a sweet spot where im not really gaining and not losing either. I am certainly more defined now..they powerlifter belly has shrunk...its not a fat belly...its one of those rock hard bellys from years of food, gear, and very heavy lifting. Any tips on how to maintain weight and still grow while losing fat? I know its every mans dream and is damn near impossible...but im gonna try.
Carb cycling in somewhat of a deficit. Finding T3 and Clen sweet spots(which may be lower doses than we would rhink) and a little hiit. It’s so tricky but if you start thinking in terms of 24 hour goals instead of long term, that can help. Kind of like 5 cut days and 2 carb-load bulk days. That way you’re not bonkers cutting and eating muscle 24/7.

And of course, even more steroids. But that’s not the healthiest route.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Carb cycling in somewhat of a deficit. Finding T3 and Clen sweet spots(which may be lower doses than we would rhink) and a little hiit. It’s so tricky but if you start thinking in terms of 24 hour goals instead of long term, that can help. Kind of like 5 cut days and 2 carb-load bulk days. That way you’re not bonkers cutting and eating muscle 24/7.

And of course, even more steroids. But that’s not the healthiest route.
Yeah i dont take tons of gear. Right now, test 750 low dose tren and clen

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah i dont take tons of gear. Right now, test 750 low dose tren and clen
When I’ve been a decent size, and then cut but on a moderate amount of gear, until I got really lean, it always felt like I was just losing muscle since the amount of size starts diminishing. Unfortunately bodyfat makes us appear bigger even with our muscularity . I’m betting unless you are in 1k+ deficit, you aren’t losing muscle on just that much test alone. But you’ve got more aas experience than I do. When it comes to our own physiques our mind will always deceive us. You looked more muscular to me when you dropped the first 20lbs, triceps popping etc.

I say, keep meticulous with the diet and plan, and take the hit in size and get to your target weight. It’s not like that weight will be hard for you to gain back to if you totally hate it and feel weak at that size. I hate these processes bc we start second guessing, I’m doing it gaining almost 20lbs, I hate how I’m not lean anymore, even though I absolutely need some size, I’m already wanting to cut for some dumb reason..

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I’ve been a decent size, and then cut but on a moderate amount of gear, until I got really lean, it always felt like I was just losing muscle since the amount of size starts diminishing. Unfortunately bodyfat makes us appear bigger even with our muscularity . I’m betting unless you are in 1k+ deficit, you aren’t losing muscle on just that much test alone. But you’ve got more aas experience than I do. When it comes to our own physiques our mind will always deceive us. You looked more muscular to me when you dropped the first 20lbs, triceps popping etc.

I say, keep meticulous with the diet and plan, and take the hit in size and get to your target weight. It’s not like that weight will be hard for you to gain back to if you totally hate it and feel weak at that size. I hate these processes bc we start second guessing, I’m doing it gaining almost 20lbs, I hate how I’m not lean anymore, even though I absolutely need some size, I’m already wanting to cut for some dumb reason..
Yes, I know that too. On a somewhat heavy cycle, one isn't really sure that the results are pleasant. Body is"morphing" around. One day you look bigger -and better, then the next day you look bloated and fluffy. Sudden strength loss hits me too, always wondering if I'm shrinking in a bad way.
One just has to push through.

Newth

Awards
Life is a roller coaster ride, lol. Before getting sick how long have you been 330+ for?

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive been over 300 for about 10 years. During that time ive bounced up to 360..test, anadrol, insulin to 315 test, tren, t3. 320 to 330 is usually where i hover. I like my strength at 360, but carrying around all that weight sucks. Im fairly comfortable between 300 and 315. Keep in mind im pretty tall.