Swim's cut

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So my gym has a challenge on friday. Im going to wrap elbows and wrists and go for 600 on flat bench. Taking thursday off. Figure last set before max will be 545...should be able to get that easy with elbows wrapped.
I would like to see this 600 pound lift attempt! Think you can have a gym buddy video tape it for us?

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Honestly..ive learned im just about moving the weight...abs are for the chicks.
Im about moving the weight as well but i would like to do it and have abs as well lol. Larry wheels can do it, so i know its possible lol. I dont see any reason to think that i cant do something if someone else is doing it. Im a firm believer that i can do anything i put my mind to if i put in the work. Which is probably why i got myself in my current predicament... 4 kids, work, pursuing my automotive technology degree, and chasing the gains all at the same time. So far my grades are keeping up, lifts are progressing, killing it at work, spending as much time as possible with kids, and keeping wife satisfied. She's extremely hard to satisfy unless we're talking in bed (I got that sh1t on lock) but as for the rest im trying lol

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im about moving the weight as well but i would like to do it and have abs as well lol. Larry wheels can do it, so i know its possible lol. I dont see any reason to think that i cant do something if someone else is doing it. Im a firm believer that i can do anything i put my mind to if i put in the work. Which is probably why i got myself in my current predicament... 4 kids, work, pursuing my automotive technology degree, and chasing the gains all at the same time. So far my grades are keeping up, lifts are progressing, killing it at work, spending as much time as possible with kids, and keeping wife satisfied. She's extremely hard to satisfy unless we're talking in bed (I got that sh1t on lock) but as for the rest im trying lol
Wow, you have a lot on your plate. I personally dont think i can do something just because someone else is doing it. For example, i would never think that i can run as fast as usaine bolt if i gave it everything i had and committed my life to it. Its just not going to happen. Genetics plays a huge role in what we are physically capable of doing. Larry wheels is a genetic freak...like most elite athletes. I could never compete at his level and look like he does...i just dont have the genes for it...regardless of how long i trained or how much gear i used. Same as i know that i could train all day everyday riding a bike and i would never be lance Armstrong. Those guys, and many other elite athletes, are in a whole different class. All i can do is make the best out of what god gave me.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I never ran EQ...how is it?
Lovely. It's a slow gainer, but it really helps increase hunger, no sides, and it makes me feel Fuller (not bloated).

I have/had knee and back issues and I swear my joint pain and flexibility are improved a lot training with EQ. I am thinking of basically making my TRT always Test and EQ combined. Others also doing this. A lot of people ignore EQ because they don't immediate "feel" it, which is not a good way to judge it's potential.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wow, you have a lot on your plate. I personally dont think i can do something just because someone else is doing it. For example, i would never think that i can run as fast as usaine bolt if i gave it everything i had and committed my life to it. Its just not going to happen. Genetics plays a huge role in what we are physically capable of doing. Larry wheels is a genetic freak...like most elite athletes. I could never compete at his level and look like he does...i just dont have the genes for it...regardless of how long i trained or how much gear i used. Same as i know that i could train all day everyday riding a bike and i would never be lance Armstrong. Those guys, and many other elite athletes, are in a whole different class. All i can do is make the best out of what god gave me.
This is an awesome post. Knowing what you’ve got and making the best of it has to be the best way to enjoy life.......

After reading that i looked at myself. Can I be the strongest guy (or anywhere near), honestly no, I have pretty bad levers for bench and squat with historical lordosis and kyphosis from being overweight. Can’t change those things but I can be stronger than I am now and strong by average gym goer standards for sure. That’s a good goal for me for now, I’m happy with shooting for that.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I just know that if i hadnt messed around so much in life up to this point i had extreme potential. And im still young so given the right training and suoolementation and PED's who knows how far i can take it? I know i can go along ways further than most. I have great genetics and just never had constistency up until now. I trained hard but i would do it for a year then stop and have to go to rehab bc of drugs. I was in this cycle of rehab, relapse, repeat. But i went from benching mid 200's to mid 300's in a few months similar jumps in squat and deads too. So how far can i go? Who knows? But im gonna take it as far as i can and see.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just know that if i hadnt messed around so much in life up to this point i had extreme potential. And im still young so given the right training and suoolementation and PED's who knows how far i can take it? I know i can go along ways further than most. I have great genetics and just never had constistency up until now. I trained hard but i would do it for a year then stop and have to go to rehab bc of drugs. I was in this cycle of rehab, relapse, repeat. But i went from benching mid 200's to mid 300's in a few months similar jumps in squat and deads too. So how far can i go? Who knows? But im gonna take it as far as i can and see.
Yep...i think thats what most of us are trying to do...so how far we can take it.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Yep...i think thats what most of us are trying to do...so how far we can take it.
As for larry wheels yeah hes a genetic freak... Do i want to ohp 400+ and bench 600+ and squat and dead like the moster he is? Of course. Do i think ill get there? Idk maybe but he'll always have me beat bc hes younger than me and already hitting them numbers lol as for now im not gonna put a limit on what im capable of. When i get older and start to decline then ill know ive found my limits. Then i can live vicariously through the monster im pretty sure my son is gonna be lol

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As for larry wheels yeah hes a genetic freak... Do i want to ohp 400+ and bench 600+ and squat and dead like the moster he is? Of course. Do i think ill get there? Idk maybe but he'll always have me beat bc hes younger than me and already hitting them numbers lol as for now im not gonna put a limit on what im capable of. When i get older and start to decline then ill know ive found my limits. Then i can live vicariously through the monster im pretty sure my son is gonna be lol
You got your boy lifting yet?

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
IMG_1875.JPG

Got my son working on deadlifts, squats, and bench already. Nothing heavy. Just form work. He is 9

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
We go to a local gym that's not busy so I only let him workout when nobody else is there or somebody I know. It's a 24 hrs gym that only has somebody working 3 days a week.

It's football season right now so no working out for him. Gotta rest those legs between games

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
317 after workout today...but...going out for chicken wings and beers for the OSU game tonight. Also, didnt attempt 600. I have a hairline fracture in my wrist from 3 weeks ago and didnt want to risk it.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You can never go wrong with wings and football.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well right now his OSU Buckeyes are losing to Penn State with 12 minutes left in the 4th so I would bet on the 5 over!
LSU is up 28-3 on Ole Miss....Living in Michigan. No, matter what channel you put it on it qont show the Buckeyes. Lol

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Being a browns fan sucks ass. Ate chili all day long..lol.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So anyone know what happened to that icon that said what threads you were in were being posted on? Because, hell i forget were i post. Anybody know how to get it back? That was a valuable tool

Newth

Awards
So anyone know what happened to that icon that said what threads you were in were being posted on? Because, hell i forget were i post. Anybody know how to get it back? That was a valuable tool
I read something about server issues. That icon has been glitching a lot lately.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
SWIM....I know you took a few days off training but how is the progress coming along?

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
SWIM....I know you took a few days off training but how is the progress coming along?
Good...yeah want to rest some nagging injuries for a few days. Diet is good...today after training i was 327...looking more defined and strength is still going up. Ill pist some new pics in a few days. Belly is just about gone...ill never have abs through...but i really don't care

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great training day. Got 405 for 4 on military press...not a smith machine..real weight. 325 after training.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Strength and stamina are great. Diet is high protein mod carbs and fat..6 meals a day 4k in cals...aprox. Libido is way up. Mood is good...a little agressive. Everywhere i go people ask me about lifting...strangers. Wherr do you work out? How much do you weigh? Whats your bench? Etc...good for the ego..lol.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Strength and stamina are great. Diet is high protein mod carbs and fat..6 meals a day 4k in cals...aprox. Libido is way up. Mood is good...a little agressive. Everywhere i go people ask me about lifting...strangers. Wherr do you work out? How much do you weigh? Whats your bench? Etc...good for the ego..lol.
Good to hear...and yea, love the deal with strangers. Drives my wife crazy when people say that stuff to me haha. ...she thinks lifting / getting big is just a waste of energy lol. Still on the tren I assume?

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great training day. Got 405 for 4 on military press...not a smith machine..real weight. 325 after training.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good to hear...and yea, love the deal with strangers. Drives my wife crazy when people say that stuff to me haha. ...she thinks lifting / getting big is just a waste of energy lol. Still on the tren I assume?
Yeah...the oral. 750mcgs a day and 750 test e a week. Training is much better now that it isn't 100 degrees in the gym. I can go longer and harder now...ill take 60 degrees all year long.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh...im going to halloween party tonight with my girl. My Jason costume is sick..see if i can make some chicks cry...lol.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah...the oral. 750mcgs a day and 750 test e a week. Training is much better now that it isn't 100 degrees in the gym. I can go longer and harder now...ill take 60 degrees all year long.
Haha...weren't you having 3 hour sessions before? Beast brotha....straight Beast!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nothing to see here folks, Swim is just overhead pressing my bench max for reps .
Impressive bud!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Impressive that bro. Love this board as whilst everyone is always hugely supportive of individuals achieving what’s good for them, you don’t have to look far to see how much further you can take things. I did sets of 10 at 110 and was feeling it tbh lol

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thats awesome. I thought I was doing good at 225. Lol

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thats awesome. I thought I was doing good at 225. Lol
Lol...crazy thing is you ARE doing great at 225 lol....I think Swim might be from Krypton or something?!?!??