Supplements for 1000m distance running

K

Kostas007

Awards
Which supplemental ingredients do you think are the best to improve time for 1000m distance running?

I am talking for 4-5 minute threshold

Last edited:
ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Creatine and good pre race nutrition

First 20 seconds of the race will be your PCr system converting creatine phosphate in to creatine + phosphate to convert adp to atp.

After that you’ll go in to fast gylcolosis with will be converting glucose in to energy aerobically and anaerobically. Lots of good carbs the night before and up to 2 hours before. After that just small bits of carbs up to an hour and after that, nothing else as it’ll impart with conversion. Try to stay away from fats and protein during your races as they take longer to convert to glucose

K

Kostas007

Awards
Creatine and good pre race nutrition

First 20 seconds of the race will be your PCr system converting creatine phosphate in to creatine + phosphate to convert adp to atp.

After that you’ll go in to fast gylcolosis with will be converting glucose in to energy aerobically and anaerobically. Lots of good carbs the night before and up to 2 hours before. After that just small bits of carbs up to an hour and after that, nothing else as it’ll impart with conversion. Try to stay away from fats and protein during your races as they take longer to convert to glucose
Sorry I did not use the proper term

I wanted to know which supplemental ingredients can give an edge and help me improve my time

Thanks for the info on proper nutrition
It will also be helpful anyway

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think chocolatechen nailed it. I’ve heard the same things that he is saying. Ecspecially having carbs the night before and a few hours before will be key m.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Honestly man creatine and carbs. That’s all you need. There’s fancy stuff out there that supposedly increased blood glucose which would help but long term could cause diabetes etc. just load up on the creatine and train hard. You’d be surprised how much of an impact good nutrition makes too

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OP you could take this question over to the anabolic section and get some more creative answers to “supplements”