Supplements for 1000m distance running

Kostas007

Kostas007

Awards
Which supplemental ingredients do you think are the best to improve time for 1000m distance running?

I am talking for 4-5 minute threshold

Last edited:
ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Creatine and good pre race nutrition

First 20 seconds of the race will be your PCr system converting creatine phosphate in to creatine + phosphate to convert adp to atp.

After that you’ll go in to fast gylcolosis with will be converting glucose in to energy aerobically and anaerobically. Lots of good carbs the night before and up to 2 hours before. After that just small bits of carbs up to an hour and after that, nothing else as it’ll impart with conversion. Try to stay away from fats and protein during your races as they take longer to convert to glucose

Kostas007

Kostas007

Awards
Creatine and good pre race nutrition

First 20 seconds of the race will be your PCr system converting creatine phosphate in to creatine + phosphate to convert adp to atp.

After that you’ll go in to fast gylcolosis with will be converting glucose in to energy aerobically and anaerobically. Lots of good carbs the night before and up to 2 hours before. After that just small bits of carbs up to an hour and after that, nothing else as it’ll impart with conversion. Try to stay away from fats and protein during your races as they take longer to convert to glucose
Sorry I did not use the proper term

I wanted to know which supplemental ingredients can give an edge and help me improve my time

Thanks for the info on proper nutrition
It will also be helpful anyway

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think chocolatechen nailed it. I’ve heard the same things that he is saying. Ecspecially having carbs the night before and a few hours before will be key m.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Honestly man creatine and carbs. That’s all you need. There’s fancy stuff out there that supposedly increased blood glucose which would help but long term could cause diabetes etc. just load up on the creatine and train hard. You’d be surprised how much of an impact good nutrition makes too

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
OP you could take this question over to the anabolic section and get some more creative answers to “supplements”

Brutefit

Brutefit

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Like above said creatine, I would like to add some beta analine to the mix.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
2g Peak02
2g LCLT
5g Creatine
3.2g Beta-Alanine
2.5g Betaine
2g COP

All would be fantastic additions for performance, endurance, and recovery for athletes

Kostas007

Kostas007

Awards
2g Peak02
2g LCLT
5g Creatine
3.2g Beta-Alanine
2.5g Betaine
2g COP

All would be fantastic additions for performance, endurance, and recovery for athletes
Have you ever used Peak02? If yes what are the impressions?

I have never heard for LCLT for endurance. impressions also on this ingredient?Would it make significant difference on the time?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Have you ever used Peak02? If yes what are the impressions?

I have never heard for LCLT for endurance. impressions also on this ingredient?Would it make significant difference on the time?
Peak02 is made for endurance and performance athletes, is it meant to increase your VO2 max which is crucial for a sprinter. I would 100% endorse using it even for a general gym goer. You will find it improve your endurance and performance with continual use.

Mike McCandless was one of the first to use it in Quake 10.0 their pre-workout and Xtend Perform/Xtend Elite

LCLT is made for performance and endurance L-Carnitine L-Tartrate. This is the carnitine that athletes should use for performance. There is evidence supporting the notion that LCLT may enhance muscle building while lowering delayed-muscle-onset-soreness

Kostas007

Kostas007

Awards
Peak02 is made for endurance and performance athletes, is it meant to increase your VO2 max which is crucial for a sprinter. I would 100% endorse using it even for a general gym goer. You will find it improve your endurance and performance with continual use.

Mike McCandless was one of the first to use it in Quake 10.0 their pre-workout and Xtend Perform/Xtend Elite

LCLT is made for performance and endurance L-Carnitine L-Tartrate. This is the carnitine that athletes should use for performance. There is evidence supporting the notion that LCLT may enhance muscle building while lowering delayed-muscle-onset-soreness
Thank you for your recommendations and detailed analysis on LCLT

Any good quality brand which is locating in Europe for LCLT?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thank you for your recommendations and detailed analysis on LCLT

Any good quality brand which is locating in Europe for LCLT?
That you will have to google. I would try the sponsors here first, since promoting outside vendors is against Forum rules.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That you will have to google. I would try the sponsors here first, since promoting outside vendors is against Forum rules.
This. Tons of good sponsors on AM to choose from to find the product you are looking for.