Supplementation that aids with Ketogenic type diets

s2kinteg916

Awards
Are there any supplements that aid or complement ketogenic diets?

I have the basics

multi
whey
fish oils

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Ras ketones.....

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
CLA, Sesamin, MCT could compliment CKD diets

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
coconut oil, l-carn, PL-carn, multi, mint infused fish oil, CLA, and realcheese spray cans of cheese.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Ras ketones.....
Not the same type of ketone that will aid in a ketogenic state.

Ketone vs. Ketone Body.

Fructose is a ketone but that wouldn't help in this situation.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
1) coconut oil
2) Leucine
3) CLA
4) iforce Fish Oil
5) good MultiV

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Vitamins A, C, E
iForce Multi and Fish Oil
Vanadyl Sulfate
Chromium Picolinate
Magnesium
alpha lipoic acid

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not the same type of ketone that will aid in a ketogenic state.

Ketone vs. Ketone Body.

Fructose is a ketone but that wouldn't help in this situation.
I think he was targeting the benefits of raspberry ketones.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do faster training w 5g leucine 5g Lysine

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lysine? For the immune support or...?
Ketogenic amino brother

While doing this and fasted training I actually got so deep kno ketosis my sweat smelt like acetone

Wocheezy

Wocheezy

Awards
Ketogenic amino brother

While doing this and fasted training I actually got so deep kno ketosis my sweat smelt like acetone
Interesting. Supplementing Lysine preworkout in a fasted state will actually increase circulating ketone levels?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ketogenic amino brother

whatever dude, that was you taking off your finger nail polish :D

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting. Supplementing Lysine preworkout in a fasted state will actually increase circulating ketone levels?
From my experience using leucine and Lysine with high intensity training. Yes

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
whatever dude, that was you taking off your finger nail polish :D
Haha honestly the first thing I did was chek for that I was confused as to the smell then I smelt under my shirt and was like holy **** that is coming from me

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Diet was a normal balance of macros. Imagine if it wasn't. Stack with keto force.

Nutrition, 2013 vol. 29(4) pp. 635-40
Stimulation of mild, sustained ketonemia by medium-chain triacylglycerols in healthy humans: estimated potential contribution to brain energy metabolism
Courchesne-Loyer, A; Fortier, M; Tremblay-Mercier, J; Chouinard-Watkins, R; Roy, M; Nugent, S; Castellano, CA; Cunnane, SC
OBJECTIVE: In humans consuming a normal diet, we investigated 1) the capacity of a medium-chain triacylglycerol (MCT) supplement to stimulate and sustain ketonemia, 2) ¹³C-β-hydroxybutyrate and ¹³C-trioctanoate metabolism, and 3) the theoretical contribution of the degree of ketonemia achieved to brain energy metabolism.
METHODS: Eight healthy adults (26 ± 1 y old) were given an MCT supplement for 4 wk (4 times/d; total of 20 g/d for 1 wk followed by 30 g/d for 3 wk). Ketones, glucose, triacylglycerols, cholesterol, free fatty acids, and insulin were measured over 8 h during two separate metabolic study days before and after MCT supplementation. Using isotope ratio mass spectroscopy, ¹³C-D-β-hydroxybutyrate and ¹³C-trioctanoate β-oxidation to ¹³CO was measured over 12 h on the pre- and post-MCT metabolic study days.
RESULTS: On the post-MCT metabolic study day, plasma ketones (β-hydroxybutyrate plus acetoacetate) peaked at 476 μM, with a mean value throughout the study day of 290 μM. Post-MCT, ¹³C-trioctanoate β-oxidation was significantly lower 1 to 8 h later but higher 10 to 12 h later. MCT supplementation did not significantly alter ¹³C-D-β-hydroxybutyrate oxidation.
CONCLUSIONS: This MCT supplementation protocol was mildly and safely ketogenic and had no side effects in healthy humans on their regular diet. This degree of ketonemia is estimated to contribute up to 8% to 9% of brain energy metabolism.
Copyright © 2013 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Address: Research Center on Aging, Health and Social Services Center, University Institute of Geriatrics of Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Québec, Canada.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Certainly interesting study, though the jury is still out based on the existing evidence (heavily conflicting)