Standardized milk thistle

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
Could anyone give me some insight on the difference with the milk thistle being standardized or not? Wal mart has cheap stuff but is not standardized so is this useless?

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Could anyone give me some insight on the difference with the milk thistle being standardized or not? Wal mart has cheap stuff but is not standardized so is this useless?

Standardized just means the company guarantees a "certain" amount of active constituents are present, but this does not mean is better than a non standardized herb.

For Milk thistle --- you want loo for the HIGHEST SILYMARIN content as that is what does the 'magic'. Liver Juice will be your absolute best bet for a high potency and highly absorbed liver care product.

I have tried several different brands and this is in a league of its own.

-Matt

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
Standardized just means the company guarantees a "certain" amount of active constituents are present, but this does not mean is better than a non standardized herb.

For Milk thistle --- you want loo for the HIGHEST SILYMARIN content as that is what does the 'magic'. Liver Juice will be your absolute best bet for a high potency and highly absorbed liver care product.

-Matt
Thank you! Well it is 1g per pill and says its like 4:1 260mg or something. Doesn't specifically say so I was unsure about silymarin content

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thank you! Well it is 1g per pill and says its like 4:1 260mg or something. Doesn't specifically say so I was unsure about silymarin content
From now on just go wit Liver Juice -- it doesnt taste pretty, but it works damn good!

-Matt

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Check out liver xt. Its capped and contains plenty of quality ingredients to help with detoxification as well as organ health. It is also very affordable. I have a bottle of liver juice but havent tried it. Waiting on a good methyl..;)

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Liver Juice is 500mgs and standardized to 80%, I haven't found another milk thistle product that compares and it is only $20

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Liver Juice is 500mgs and standardized to 80%, I haven't found another milk thistle product that compares and it is only $20

Umm kind of like a no brainer huh?

Why would you not use something powerful and effective for your liver?

If you like oral steroids --- you will like Liver juice as it will protect that very vital organ for future cycles.

-Matt

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Umm kind of like a no brainer huh?

Why would you not use something powerful and effective for your liver?

If you like oral steroids --- you will like Liver juice as it will protect that very vital organ for future cycles.

-Matt
Given the potency it is the best priced by far, stack it with TUDCA/UDCA and you are well protected

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
I've come to the conclusion TUDCA is impossible to get

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

-Matt
The potency and absorption claim is highly question with that product- regardless milk thistle will never provide the same benefits of NAC

*** not bashing Liver Juice but milk thistle alone will only help so much

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
The potency and absorption claim is highly question with that product- regardless milk thistle will never provide the same benefits of NAC

*** not bashing Liver Juice but milk thistle alone will only help so much
I have to agree with this. Silymarin has critical pharmacodynamic issues in vivo

Red9

Red9

Awards
yeah they got the Omega brand in stock, but not their house brand.
Ah okay I see. Wasn't sure if he's tried them so I thought I'd suggest it. I haven't looked since the labor day sale...whoops..

Red9

Red9

Awards
No...good heads up actually...omega is supposed to be legit...so any TUDCA Is good TUDCA right? I'd use it if I needed it :D
Haha I honestly couldn't say from true personal experience, idk. I'm about to run my first cycle, so I've.never had the pleasure of using TUDCA quite yet. It's time will come for me though :D

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
NAC has a pretty low bioavailability 2-5% or so....but I love it for ALL the awesome benefits that glutathione provide. I do belief that the pharmacodynamics of silymarin have good merit for aiding in liver health -- silymarin in the treatment of liver diseases

Take both products -- Liver juice and sustained release NAC by Jarrow

-Matt

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No...good heads up actually...omega is supposed to be legit...so any TUDCA Is good TUDCA right? I'd use it if I needed it :D
They are legit I suggest on a heavy loaded 17aa cycle to use all of the things mentioned in this thread