Spartacus Blood and sand

purelife1

anyone else watching this new series on Starz..even my wife is loving this one..lots of blood vilence and crazy sex scenes

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
I hate free tv lol

I wont watch it unless it is a paid movie, but thats just me...

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
EdIT: I know starz isn't exactly free but it is still a tv show so that mentality sticks the same for me....**

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Good show I'm still getting into it and its "Artsy" type shooting. But seems like a good show. I was kinda expecting it to be like Rome (HBO). But it is very different. I'm enjoying watching it tho.

purelife1

the artsy type shots do take some time to get use to..but definately a good show..im hooked big time

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I don't get Starz and I've never seen Rome. First time Starz has anything I'd like to see.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
I don't get Starz and I've never seen Rome. First time Starz has anything I'd like to see.
I know this is the first time Starz has anything really good, they do have some good movies sometime tho.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
I like spartacus, but I LOVED rome (until they seemed to just give up their efforts towards the end of the series). I think spartacus can be better than rome once the season progresses a bit. male full frontals = :)

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm loving this show! Its like 300, but a series :)
.you can stream it on netflix already too

purelife1

I like spartacus, but I LOVED rome (until they seemed to just give up their efforts towards the end of the series). I think spartacus can be better than rome once the season progresses a bit. male full frontals = :)
well it does have its down parts to:raincloud:

ElectricPulse

ElectricPulse

Awards
I've been seeing it on the list a lot but haven't embarked on the full commitment to watching it because I don't know how much episodes that I've missed.

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
I've been seeing it on the list a lot but haven't embarked on the full commitment to watching it because I don't know how much episodes that I've missed.
There has been 3 for now.

texaswolf

texaswolf

Awards
  • Established
The 1st episode was pretty bad. Every sword stroke going to slow motion and the constant '300' blood splatter in every fight scene was tedious to watch.

Episode 2 and 3 have been getting better.

Plus you got to see Lucy Lawless boobies in episode 2. I have been waiting to see Xena: Warrior Princess in the nude for years. :hitit:

purelife1

yes she does have nice boobs.. but Erin Cummings is way hotter..if i was Spartacus i would kill to get her back to

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Would be cool if there was a network with a viking series

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
hey what do you know they have first 2 episodes of spartacus on on-demand under encore(which I get)

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
hey what do you know they have first 2 episodes of spartacus on on-demand under encore(which I get)
Watch away. I really like this show.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
:duel:Rocks!!!!!!!!!:duel:

I have been loving this show! And im so excited its coming on tonight!

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
yea, this is a great show, comes on every friday night i believe.. i stream it off netflix no need to order starz.. haha...

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Been watching it online. I like the how the guy that was on the receiving end of Gerard Butler's sandal in the "This is SPARTAAAAAA!!!" speech is in this. He's pretty jacked, too. I hope it gets better, though. Right now it's really not fitting the bill for me.

purelife1

Been watching it online. I like the how the guy that was on the receiving end of Gerard Butler's sandal in the "This is SPARTAAAAAA!!!" speech is in this. He's pretty jacked, too. I hope it gets better, though. Right now it's really not fitting the bill for me.
i didnt realize who that was til now..learn something new every day.. i knew he looked familiar

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
i didnt realize who that was til now..learn something new every day.. i knew he looked familiar
hah, i didn't catch that either.. He certainly stepped his role up from getting big booted into a well to training gladiators..

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wasn't crazy about the first episode but it is slowly really growing on me.

I would love a little less CGI though.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wasn't crazy about the first episode but it is slowly really growing on me.

I would love a little less CGI though.
Same here, I didn't get into until the third episode, by the end of the fourth I was reeled in.

I don't have Starz either, but I do have bit torrent :nervous:

purelife1

the gay scenes lately have been a bit much for me..and my wife seems to enjoy the male frontal shots..but i must say im definately hooked..tomorow next episode is on

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
This last episode was the best yet but waaaaaaay too many kawk-shots. LOL! Couldn't the nudity be implied?

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
This last episode was the best yet but waaaaaaay too many kawk-shots. LOL! Couldn't the nudity be implied?
Yeah, was a really good episode, It would have been better without the full frontal, but have to admit wasnt expecting to see a schlong..hell i didnt even know it was legal to show that **** on stars

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
WTF, just watched episode 10.. i mean WTF, totally pissed off now..

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
havent watched it yet..worked all weekend so hoping to catch it tonight on demand so hopefully i wont be dissapointed
you will see what im talking about soon enuff then, dont want to ruin anything for you so im not going to say anything else..

purelife1

you will see what im talking about soon enuff then, dont want to ruin anything for you so im not going to say anything else..
thanks..since its spring break my 11 year old wants to stay up all night and i definately cant watch it in front of her so ill make her go to bed..my wife loves the show..i think its the full men frontal shots..

purelife1

well i watched at and now im pissed!!!!!!! must say i hate that little whore..i hope they cut her from mouth to ass and watch her bleed

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
I hope the little sh*t of a kid spills his guts about what that blond whore made him do.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
yeah, she is pretty much a ****.. who the hell is sparacus going to hang out with now?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Someone please give me a recap about episode 10. I want to know what happened. My cable is gone and my lap top (at home) is dead, so I can't even grab an internet viewing. PM me or something and I'll rep you, thanks.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
Someone please give me a recap about episode 10. I want to know what happened. My cable is gone and my lap top (at home) is dead, so I can't even grab an internet viewing. PM me or something and I'll rep you, thanks.
i gotcha bro.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
ok I'm happy the blonde is gone, seemed like a really gay sidekick to me and is it just me but did that chick Spartacus slept with get hotter all of a sudden? :smite:
haha varro was the man, not gay at all... she is hot, but is a huge bitch, there are plenty of hot sluts on that show, wouldnt bother me at all if she died..

bradleywiens

bradleywiens

Awards
  • Established
I was unimpressed with the first episode, and gave up watching the series. Seemed like an over the top 300 knock off. I though Rome and 300 were much better.

Thant being said, it sounds like the season improves as it goes along. I might have to watch a few more episodes to see for myself.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
I was unimpressed with the first episode, and gave up watching the series. Seemed like an over the top 300 knock off. I though Rome and 300 were much better.

Thant being said, it sounds like the season improves as it goes along. I might have to watch a few more episodes to see for myself.
yea, season picks up very nicely, first few episodes were nothing compared to the later ones.

bradleywiens

bradleywiens

Awards
  • Established
yea, season picks up very nicely, first few episodes were nothing compared to the later ones.
Alright, I'll give it another shot this weekend. I love that era, and had really high hopes for the series.