Source for THEOPHYLLINE? Hope this isnt against rules...

krazy

Awards
I hope this isnt against the rules. This chemical is legal and hard to find in bulk powder.

Im looking for THEOPHYLLINE (dimethylxanthine) in bulk powder.

Can anyone help?

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
I hope this isnt against the rules. This chemical is legal and hard to find in bulk powder.

Im looking for THEOPHYLLINE (dimethylxanthine) in bulk powder.

Can anyone help?

Oddly, the only source I can find for it is Airsealed :confused:
BN doesnt carry it. Neither does NP, unfortunately.

EDIT: Best source Ive found so far is some chemical company for a reasonable $16 for 50G:
https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/search/ProductDetail/SIGMA/T1633

EDIT^2: This place is a ***** to order from.

EDIT^3: I dont have an account there so no ordering, after all.
Isn't dimethylxanthine a fancy name for caffeine?

krazy

Awards
Isn't dimethylxanthine a fancy name for caffeine?
Yes, it is a breakdown of the molecule of caffeine (I'm not a chemist but its something like that).

After doing some reading on that, I sure don't know why you would want it. Looks like its prescription only too. Lots of nasty side effects.
It is available in high dose by prescription for asthmatic purposes. But look inside of any 'meythlxanthine complex' in your favorite supplement (RPM, Animal Pump Energy Complex, etc).

Long story short... I took an Animal Pump Energy Complex and something in it made me feel fantastic. Its between Vinpocetine, Evodiamine, and Methylxanthine Complex. Vinpo has yet to be proven 100% in studies, caffeine is standard and likely wasnt responsible for this effect, evodiamine is more of a fat burner/thermogenic than something CNS stimulatory. This leaves theobromine and theophylline. Im guessing theophylline at this point because the effects I experienced were more closely associated with the profile of that than theobromine. Plus a well-educated friend of mine told me so :)

Theophylline also can increase heart rate, blood pressure, and stimulates the CNS.

:good:

EDIT - I think cough suppressant supplements are an overlooked part of supplementation. Think about if, if you're in the gym pumping hard, you need your lungs and respiratory system relaxed and ready to gulp in air as your lifting. Theophylline is the best of both worlds: CNS stimulatory and cough suppressing.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Its also very toxic, especially in the presence of other common chemicals. Taking it with a fatty meal can kill you. No thanks. There are far better alternatives.

Tiny Man

Awards
Caffeine refers to 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine. Which, as the name implies - is a xanthine with 3 methyls attached to it. By demethylation, you reduce caffeine to its metabolite structure, theophylline being 1,3-dimethylxanthine, theobromine (3,7-dimethylxanthine), and paraxanthine (1,7-dimethylxanthine). As you can see by the prefixes, what is seperating the different metabolite structures is the position of the third methyl group - whether the 1, 3, or 7 got removed by P450 oxidase I think it was. Hope that helps a bit.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Well, lets not be confused here, any substance put into the body can be toxic at certain levels. Hell, even water is toxic if you drink enough of it. I think that theophylline is safe at recommended doses, < 600mg/day.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't find any Theophylline either, at least from any sites I trust lol

Stacking theo with Caffeine and 1'3 dime is just amazing.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can't find any Theophylline either, at least from any sites I trust lol

Stacking theo with Caffeine and 1'3 dime is just amazing.
don't forget the 30% citrus aurantium now :D

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Isn't this theobromine?
Last I checked they do not disclose the amounts in there, but it is mainly theobromine, caffeine, and a little theophylline. A nice spectrum...although theobromine has been shown to do nothing at all in studies

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established