Snag continues his off-season REDEFINing

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
hell...i don't even speak english. i speak hoosier!!!
who's there?

macros today: 2500cals, 325p/210c/40f

breakfast was interesting this morning
5oz 96% lean beef
6 egg whites
1/2 stick tomato basil string cheese
1/2c grape nuts
1/2c almond milk
510cals, 60p/45c/10f

biggest meal of the day

this isn't exactly how i would approach things in a prep, but it's fairly close..
diet set so i can swap things out pretty interchangeably, or simply drop from menu
ie, want to reduce fat and lower cals? (which is coming) simply swap out beef for turkey breast, drop the cheese
my cals are higher at this point than what i am used to - my metabolism has been ridiculous, even w/o cardio
the idea tho is to still drop cals a bit (as long as i don't lose weight) while shifting to more carbs/less protein and simultaneously dropping fat

there, i think that sums things up :)

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fker! You let the cat out of the bag!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Fker! You let the cat out of the bag!
haha! not really brosef - not even close to what will be
i can't explain what will happen, till you see it
i will say tho - LOVING the 550/EpiV stack something fierce! :love:

808shredded

Awards
  • Established
Damn! U have about two more weeks to go! Can'twait for the final photos killing bro!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Inspiration

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Had to sub after those pics,looking jacked!

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Snags man youre making people jelly over here!

Double entendre...

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
holy dryness..hello! :wave2:

legs seem to be coming in better - they are aching this morning, and i have them in training this day :worried:
weight 196.1 upon rising
cals drop to 2450 today

a little more standard breakfast - another variation of egg mcsnag
(this one a lil more boring)

5oz 96% beef
6 egg whites
1/2 stick tomato basil string cheese
1 slice rye + 1 slice ezekiel
small grapefruit
~475cals, 55p/45c/9f

beef gets put away for the duration after today :(, turkey breast inserted

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Tomato, basil, and rye tie that shyt together nicely my man

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
so i was worried about legs today, actually did some liss (15min) prior to workout to loosen up, get some bloodflow down there..calves were tight!
and surprisingly, it was a pretty damn decent session :thumbsup:
went like this
BB squats 135x20, 185x15, 225xmax reps (26), 255xmax reps (18), 225xmax reps (20) - legs were burning
BB RDLs 3x15/12/10
DB lunges 3x20/15/12
standing calf raises 5x20 (toes straight/in/out/in/out)

and that was that
having trouble walking currently, whew

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
so i was worried about legs today, actually did some liss (15min) prior to workout to loosen up, get some bloodflow down there..calves were tight!
and surprisingly, it was a pretty damn decent session :thumbsup:
went like this
BB squats 135x20, 185x15, 225xmax reps (26), 255xmax reps (18), 225xmax reps (20) - legs were burning
BB RDLs 3x15/12/10
DB lunges 3x20/15/12
standing calf raises 5x20 (toes straight/in/out/in/out)

and that was that
having trouble walking currently, whew
Feel the burn!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
smallest meal of the day today..would you believe this is only 300cals?

5oz chicken breast
4 egg whites
2 cups broccoli
1 slice ezekiel

scary thought here guys: i think i'm getting bigger! :blink:
srs - caloric deficit be damned

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Can't beat whole foods man. Good stuff

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
sneakiest of sneak peeks of my back..8 days from finish

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Can definitely see a difference from the last back shot you posted. Cleaning up very nicely.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Can definitely see a difference from the last back shot you posted. Cleaning up very nicely.
ahh, pic doesn't do me justice..and i can't puff my lats out properly when i take these shots of myself
:shrug:
gives an idea tho, moving right along just fine
weight has been corralled now, steady low 196s

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
ahh, pic doesn't do me justice..and i can't puff my lats out properly when i take these shots of myself
:shrug:
gives an idea tho, moving right along just fine
weight has been corralled now, steady low 196s
Looking great snags per usual! Very tight.

What's the next plan of "operation snags to nationals" :)

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
just for fun here, a breakdown of my macro trail so far..three meals to go

(p/c/f)
475, 50/50/8
100, 0/25/0 (cell shock postWO, lil splurge this day + i needed a bit extra recovery anyway)
390, 55/32/4.5
335, 50/27/4

macros for day will be
2450cals, 285/250/35

refresher: again i do not count any veggies/salad towards my cal count, nor bcaa intake
i am running BCAA+SAA, 2 scoops preWO, 2 scoops intra (finish by 1/2 way thru), 2 scoops postWO
also, take 2 scoops at bedtime
moving to 8 caps each of the 550/EpiV for final week

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
just for fun here, a breakdown of my macro trail so far..three meals to go

(p/c/f)
475, 50/50/8
100, 0/25/0 (cell shock postWO, lil splurge this day + i needed a bit extra recovery anyway)
390, 55/32/4.5
335, 50/27/4

macros for day will be
2450cals, 285/250/35

refresher: again i do not count any veggies/salad towards my cal count, nor bcaa intake
i am running BCAA+SAA, 2 scoops preWO, 2 scoops intra (finish by 1/2 way thru), 2 scoops postWO
also, take 2 scoops at bedtime
moving to 8 caps each of the 550/EpiV for final week
Beast MODE!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fat intake almost zero...hmmmm

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
that's the plan, my man ;)
it's gonna get a bit lower yet too
btw - i just now got a chance to see that clip you dropped in my other log, LOL! :D
I like it Snags! You my friend are gonna be peeled after the next 8 days. :thumbsup:

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I like it Snags! You my friend are gonna be peeled after the next 8 days. :thumbsup:
thanks bean - just trying to keep up with you brutha :D

Dang Snag that's a low fat number! You obviously know your sh!t so I won't question any of it.

Just curios to how you joints feel? If you notice anything but say whatev's I'm peeled lol.
joints are fine - it's my muscles that have been screaming, pounding things hard & fast up in my sessions!
this is slightly different for me, not far off what i'd usually do but i figure now is the time to try some tweaks, basically i'm just dropping fats a bit earlier than normal (if i were in prep), and keeping carbs slightly higher - and of course, i'm not dipping crazy low on cals, think i've nailed that pretty good for now
the reason? the 550/EpiV stack is giving me some crazy good results, and i swear i'm building muscle right now, so gonna keep those carbs up and get some growth while i dry the hell out and get lean! really quite happy so far
may not be quite as shredded as what i would be otherwise (don't know that for sure yet, is why i'm experimenting a tad), but trust me when i tell you ima bring a pretty insane look to the finish line :)

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
the back half of today's meals

p/c/f
400, 45/43/5 (sweet potato + rice cake carbs)
430, 40/50/8 (brown rice carbs)
305, 45/23/3.5 (shake + rice cake carbs)

not bad, actually undercut my fat goal by ~2g today :p

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
Thank you for this awesome log snags, very cool to see where things start and how they run through. You are a beast bro.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Thank you for this awesome log snags, very cool to see where things start and how they run through. You are a beast bro.
thanks for that, stang :) been a pretty fun ride - lotta ups and just a few downs
i learned a bit about myself too..will be interesting to put together a final summary of this one ahahaa

low carb day planned today (150), no training
(i still have done ZERO cardio this entire time, other than that 15min LISS to loosen up legs the other day!)

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
thanks for that, stang :) been a pretty fun ride - lotta ups and just a few downs
i learned a bit about myself too..will be interesting to put together a final summary of this one ahahaa

low carb day planned today (150), no training
(i still have done ZERO cardio this entire time, other than that 15min LISS to loosen up legs the other day!)
This just goes to show you what proper training and diet can do. I too have done the least amount of cardio I've ever done in this prep and have leaned out nicely. I'm just now starting to ramp it up.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
This just goes to show you what proper training and diet can do. I too have done the least amount of cardio I've ever done in this prep and have leaned out nicely. I'm just now starting to ramp it up.
exactly
i am not a fan of "straight cardio" (think i have made this known)..prefer to get my cardio thru sports endeavors/weight training
that said - yes this is the time in prep i would normally be doing some cardio..some sprints..all in an effort to tighten up and bring in some leg seperation (the wheels are stubborn that way)
i'm not going all out for that, others goals in mind here
tennis will be coming soon - it's getting warmer! :D i will be getting shredded soon enuff

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How are you dosing Max Pump with all this?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am curious. How much nitrate does 3000mg Betaine Nitrate (trimethylglycine NO3) yield?