Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm still trying to figure out why I can walk into the gym and pick up 400 lbs every week with no issue but when I stack a couple loads of firewood at home my back wants to freeze up 😅😅
That’s the same mystery I deal with…. Tear it up in the gym, then go split some firewood to bring in and boom, something gets tweaked or pulled.

It does not get any better as you get older !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Justified the purchase of a bench bar and bench shirt yesterday. Thanks state tax return lol, now gotta send some to the fed because I ask what I can do for my country.

Equipped bench has been dominating my mind training wise. I want to get to learning the movement. Hoping next week to spend a full session in the widowmaker just learning the groove. Unless someone talks sense in to me before then 🤣
I mean, we do this (hopefully) for enjoyment. Have fun!

Being the best you can be at anything will come with a lot of effort and decisions you won’t enjoy for the greater goal, but you should always at least be enjoying the end result, even then. The journey still matters somewhat, because that’s the bulk of the time.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I mean, we do this (hopefully) for enjoyment. Have fun!

Being the best you can be at anything will come with a lot of effort and decisions you won’t enjoy for the greater goal, but you should always at least be enjoying the end result, even then. The journey still matters somewhat, because that’s the bulk of the time.
Enjoying the process. It’s what we do.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
IMG_9179.JPG

I got mono today.

Have to head to work but lied on the bench and tested. Have to adjust body positioning a little bit as bar will essentially be starting right in the bar path with no unrack. I can tell this is going to be a welcomed addition.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking good! Sexy setup.

Real talk - is that bench going to hold you + 600lbs? I can’t really tell what is so I’m not knocking it at all, I just remember Chris Janek telling me about a bench in the warmup area at a Worlds event in South America somewhere where the it actually broke under him & they narrowly caught it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Those are sexy and you will put them to good use!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Real talk - is that bench going to hold you + 600lbs? I can’t really tell what is so I’m not knocking it at all, I just remember Chris Janek telling me about a bench in the warmup area at a Worlds event in South America somewhere where the it actually broke under him & they narrowly caught it.
Bro you read my mind lol. I was thinking today I need to up the bench soon. I’ve had 535 (weight releasers) as the highest weight so far but equipped is going to shatter that thing. I have my adjustable bench but I hate those for flat. Probably get a rogue utility or something no frills and solid.

You ever benched using a Thompson fat pad?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Glad I don't have these worries !! 🤣

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the inverted row against bands idea! That looks awesome!

Not only did you get mono, you now are going to beat me to Donnie’s fat pad. Dammit, I need to catch up.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the inverted row against bands idea! That looks awesome!

Not only did you get mono, you now are going to beat me to Donnie’s fat pad. Dammit, I need to catch up.
I’ve been eyeing the rep fitness flat bench equivalent to the rogue one. Rep is substantially cheaper, 1000 lb rating and has a fat pad knockoff (wide but not the thickness of Donnie’s). Decisions……

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1/28
W5D2

Mini band warms:
PA’s x 30
Press downs x 60
Face pulls x 30
Snatch x 10

KB bottoms up press:
30x20 per arm

Flat bench vs mini bands doubled, straight bar:
135x5
225x3
315x1
335x1

Mad dog slingshot bench:
425x2

Weighted dips:
+70x10x2 sets

Had to end at second set of dips as I didn’t want to clean puke this morning. Me and the wife got some “late night cuisine”, both got food poisoning. I’ve spent a considerable amount of my day on the porcelain throne since 4 am (there now as we speak) but decided to power through. I guess I got a few decent main lifts but overall today was a crapshoot

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’ve been eyeing the rep fitness flat bench equivalent to the rogue one. Rep is substantially cheaper, 1000 lb rating and has a fat pad knockoff (wide but not the thickness of Donnie’s). Decisions……
I have a Rep FB-5000 and it's great. Like it so much I'm planning to eventually replace my XMark FID with something from the Rep AB series.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry about the crapshoot lol

You gotta be careful training dehydrated man! I have been hurt too much doing so.

Yeah used a fat pad many times; I don’t want to say it makes things easier but…it makes it way easier. You aren’t going to magically be stronger, but you’ll probably lift more because they make it easier to stabilize AND the pad will raise the bench height up.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry about the crapshoot lol

You gotta be careful training dehydrated man! I have been hurt too much doing so.

Yeah used a fat pad many times; I don’t want to say it makes things easier but…it makes it way easier. You aren’t going to magically be stronger, but you’ll probably lift more because they make it easier to stabilize AND the pad will raise the bench height up.
Fuggin sold!!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Enjoy your day with your family !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope your son has a great birthday. Enjoy the food!!!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wee man was getting pretty fevery yesterday. Woke up at 101° and puking this morning. Poor little dude.
Poor little guy….there’s so many viruses going around now, we just stay loaded up with Elderberry, Garlic, Zinc, and Vitamin C, much safer than the ineffective vaccines.
Hope he feels better soon.🙏

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It is so hard when your child is sick and there is nothing you can do >>>>>>>>>>> I hope he's better soon !!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Poor little guy….there’s so many viruses going around now, we just stay loaded up with Elderberry, Garlic, Zinc, and Vitamin C, much safer than the ineffective vaccines.
Hope he feels better soon.
That's our approach as well. I tend to keep emergenC packets and elderberry in desk at work. If anyone sneezes or coughs I'm on it lol

Garlic in every meal

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sexy !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope Lil Skraw feels better and can't wait to hear about your training in that beast!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hope Lil Skraw feels better and can't wait to hear about your training in that beast!
Time for Beast mode on the bench.
Coming soon. Got a few more loose ends to tie up and be able to lift properly and safely. Then I’ve got some serious window time to get in with the single ply widowmaker before progressing to 2 ply shirt. Building blocks. I’m going to do an extended cruise while learning gear. No point blasting when I need technique and application work.