Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Choline! Get a lot of choline in will help that recover some. I know they’re not giving them away anymore, but a plate of 7-8 eggs for dinner is a good idea today.
I know a girl !!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Choline! Get a lot of choline in will help that recover some. I know they’re not giving them away anymore, but a plate of 7-8 eggs for dinner is a good idea today.

Also that was a lot of fun to watch! Nice work.
Thanks man this was a really fun session and I needed that.

I will be smashing eggs today. Do you also supplement with choline? I feel like I remember seeing you discuss this somewhere recently

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah man that’s how I feel right now lol. Straight adrenaline junky and I’m hooked. I gotta say it’s a cool feeling holding a few lbs more than my max deadlift over my chest. Now I have a below poverty deadlift.
Ahahaha reminds me of when I asked the new kids to spot me on my deadlift.

"Yeah of course man, what do you need me to do?"

"Just lay down there in a floor press position like Hyde and if I get in trouble push"

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks man this was a really fun session and I needed that.

I will be smashing eggs today. Do you also supplement with choline? I feel like I remember seeing you discuss this somewhere recently
Yeah. I try to generally try to consume AlphaGPC or pin Choline Chloride pre-training (if I really need to lift seriously, it bypasses digestion and is easy to dial the dose I can expect to hit my bloodstream shortly).

Derelstrength is the only place I know to get injectable Choline. He has different strength blends of carnitine blends with it too. You will want 100-150mg preWO, or as a supplement to reduce mental fatigue post training. Choline greatly reduces my appetite for a while, so it can also help cutting (or hurt bulking if you don’t get your meal in first).

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ahahaha reminds me of when I asked the new kids to spot me on my deadlift.

"Yeah of course man, what do you need me to do?"

"Just lay down there in a floor press position like Hyde and if I get in trouble push"
🤣

I can see it now….

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah. I try to generally try to consume AlphaGPC or pin Choline Chloride pre-training (if I really need to lift seriously, it bypasses digestion and is easy to dial the dose I can expect to hit my bloodstream shortly).

Derelstrength is the only place I know to get injectable Choline. He has different strength blends of carnitine blends with it too. You will want 100-150mg preWO, or as a supplement to reduce mental fatigue post training. Choline greatly reduces my appetite for a while, so it can also help cutting (or hurt bulking if you don’t get your meal in first).
Thanks! I’ll definitely be checking out alpha. Might get a lil inj to play with on heavy days post meal.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Guess when eggs were cheap I was eating a good thing. Breakfast usually was 12 to 15 eggs, only 2 yolks. Now it is cheaper to get more protein at a cheaper price with chicken. Tried chicken for breakfast and didn't like it.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man that is some impressive bench work. Interested to see what you get in the competition.

I have Chickens, but I still have to buy eggs occasionally when the girls aren’t laying.
Thanks! Yeah hopefully I can give a run at one this year. All depends on how quick I learn how to manipulate and work these shirts. I have a ton to learn but I’m eager!

Seems like winter they really slow down production. Every few weeks I gotta buy a carton from the store, it’s not the same when they have been refrigerated

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks! Yeah hopefully I can give a run at one this year. All depends on how quick I learn how to manipulate and work these shirts. I have a ton to learn but I’m eager!

Seems like winter they really slow down production. Every few weeks I gotta buy a carton from the store, it’s not the same when they have been refrigerated
My daughters chicken's don't like the extreme heat or cold, they go on strike and slow down production !!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Yeah fresh eggs really do taste so much better.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Man that is some impressive bench work. Interested to see what you get in the competition.

I have Chickens, but I still have to buy eggs occasionally when the girls aren’t laying.

Mine stopped laying for months and all the sudden I'm getting eggs again. there have been conspiracy theories lately around the food. we are planning on changing up the feed we give our chickens, broadening the coop to a much larger free range setup and adding like 10 birds this spring.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Mine stopped laying for months and all the sudden I'm getting eggs again. there have been conspiracy theories lately around the food. we are planning on changing up the feed we give our chickens, broadening the coop to a much larger free range setup and adding like 10 birds this spring.
I have heard there is a problem with certain feeds ????

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have heard there is a problem with certain feeds ????
I have friends all over the country that said they always get eggs in the winter and didn't this year. There are some deep dive conspiracy theories in the feed. My buddy thinks some of it could be related to change in fertilizers due to Ukraine. All I know is a lot of the folks I'm familiar with are changing feed to either homemade or even goat chow. We are exploring homemade. Our birds always get leftover veggie scraps etc and we have one of our five currently laying. (2 ducks and 3 chickens)

I'm putting in an auto door on the coop the birds can free range all day when they want and bolstering our flock because now at current egg prices raising my own is actually about break even I think.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have friends all over the country that said they always get eggs in the winter and didn't this year. There are some deep dive conspiracy theories in the feed. My buddy thinks some of it could be related to change in fertilizers due to Ukraine. All I know is a lot of the folks I'm familiar with are changing feed to either homemade or even goat chow. We are exploring homemade. Our birds always get leftover veggie scraps etc and we have one of our five currently laying. (2 ducks and 3 chickens)

I'm putting in an auto door on the coop the birds can free range all day when they want and bolstering our flock because now at current egg prices raising my own is actually about break even I think.
They love Watermelon Rhine's

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The free range high omega-3 eggs we buy are runnier and more orange than yellow.
I had been buying those for a long time, and they were better than the cheapo eggs, BUT I found the quality inconsistent.

Like a month ago maybe I switched to pasture-raised, and whether the feed was organic or not the coloring & quality of the eggs is way better & consistent. They are now decidedly orange yolks always. Especially now that the price for even cheap eggs isn’t, the extra expense for the pasture raised isn’t a big stretch. It was $9 for a dozen the other day at Kroger, so still only 75 cents. My son eats about 5 a week and I eat the rest lately.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Mine are free range….I do use chicken feed in the Fall and Winter with veggie scraps. In the spring I make a big compost pile for my garden, and when I start noticing worms and insects in the pile, I’ll shovel some in the wheel barrel and put it in numerous small piles all around the area my chickens feed in. They love all the insects, worms, and scrap veggies and are always very healthy with good egg production. I’ve been doing it that way for years and really don’t worry too much about chicken feed until Fall and Winter.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mine are free range….I do use chicken feed in the Fall and Winter with veggie scraps. In the spring I make a big compost pile for my garden, and when I start noticing worms and insects in the pile, I’ll shovel some in the wheel barrel and put it in numerous small piles all around the area my chickens feed in. They love all the insects, worms, and scrap veggies and are always very healthy with good egg production. I’ve been doing it that way for years and really don’t worry too much about chicken feed until Fall and Winter.
Work smarter!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
And watery
The free range high omega-3 eggs we buy are runnier and more orange than yellow.
I had been buying those for a long time, and they were better than the cheapo eggs, BUT I found the quality inconsistent.

Like a month ago maybe I switched to pasture-raised, and whether the feed was organic or not the coloring & quality of the eggs is way better & consistent. They are now decidedly orange yolks always. Especially now that the price for even cheap eggs isn’t, the extra expense for the pasture raised isn’t a big stretch. It was $9 for a dozen the other day at Kroger, so still only 75 cents. My son eats about 5 a week and I eat the rest lately.
That's interesting. My homegrown eggs I would not say are more watery. I'd say they're much darker orange yokes, thicker and richer. My body reacts a bit differently to them as well. When our girls stopped laying last fall and we had to buy some at the store the first thing I noticed was how crappy the store bought eggs looked. the yokes were almost toxic looking, like a weird radioactive tint in the color. those were more watery/less thick and substantial looking than my home grown ones.

Last night saw chicks are back on sale at my local feed store. $6.99ea for basically any breed. I think we'll likely get 10+ here in a couple weeks and start that process over.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That's interesting. My homegrown eggs I would not say are more watery. I'd say they're much darker orange yokes, thicker and richer. My body reacts a bit differently to them as well. When our girls stopped laying last fall and we had to buy some at the store the first thing I noticed was how crappy the store bought eggs looked. the yokes were almost toxic looking, like a weird radioactive tint in the color. those were more watery/less thick and substantial looking than my home grown ones.

Last night saw chicks are back on sale at my local feed store. $6.99ea for basically any breed. I think we'll likely get 10+ here in a couple weeks and start that process over.
I don’t think the pasture-raised I get here in IL are watery. Definitely a vivid thick orange yolk.

Man I ate 2 over easy on my bowl of ground beef & rice & potatoes with that Yellow Bird sauce on them before bed last night - that’s living right there!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

How much room do you actually need to raise enough chickens to supply say 2-3 dozen eggs a week?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don’t think the pasture-raised I get here in IL are watery. Definitely a vivid thick orange yolk.

Man I ate 2 over easy on my bowl of ground beef & rice & potatoes with that Yellow Bird sauce on them before bed last night - that’s living right there!
This is why I was able to eat the exact same breakfast every day for a decade and struggled to change gears lol. over easy eggs on jasmine rice is awesome in the morning

How much room do you actually need to raise enough chickens to supply say 2-3 dozen eggs a week?
I want to say 4 sq ft per bird for coop space is the recommended minimum. I have to remeasure my coop but I think it's 36 sq ft + the layer nests hang off the side. Then the fenced in area around the coop is like 96 sq ft + the actual hen house. I bought an auto door for mine that opens and closes with daylight that i'm going to install next week so they can roam the 6acres if they want to. I'll add some stuff to my log to not clutter up his...

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is why I was able to eat the exact same breakfast every day for a decade and struggled to change gears lol. over easy eggs on jasmine rice is awesome in the morning

I want to say 4 sq ft per bird for coop space is the recommended minimum. I have to remeasure my coop but I think it's 36 sq ft + the layer nests hang off the side. Then the fenced in area around the coop is like 96 sq ft + the actual hen house. I bought an auto door for mine that opens and closes with daylight that i'm going to install next week so they can roam the 6acres if they want to. I'll add some stuff to my log to not clutter up his...
No clutter at all. Me hungry lol

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2/9
W6D3
DE

Mini band warms:
PA’s x 20
Press downs x 50
Facepulls x 20
Snatch x 10

DB alternating front raise:
40’sX20

Speed bench vs monster-minis doubled, change grip every set (wide, comp, CG), 1 min rest between sets:
45x10
135x3x9 sets

V grip triceps press downs vs avg band doubled:
15x4 sets

Seated trap bar shrugs:
185x20
275x20x2 sets

35° incline DB press:
95’sX10x3 sets

EZ arm blaster:
100x10x3 sets