Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m just sitting here wondering what it’s going to take to get that thing to touch

A longer cruise will be good too in the sense that your size shouldn’t change much, or at least certainly no fast changes, so it will remove that variable from the learning curve.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m just sitting here wondering what it’s going to take to get that thing to touch

A longer cruise will be good too in the sense that your size shouldn’t change much, or at least certainly no fast changes, so it will remove that variable from the learning curve.
My guess is no less than 600 lol.

I’m thinking MK or GH during the cruise. Ibutamoren has been good to me again as of late and love the recovery.

Edit: *650, the widowmaker (2 ply) will be telling

Last edited:
BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

This!

love the slow steady gains and stable mental affect during a cruise.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
W5D3
DE

Mini band warms:
PAs x 30
Press downs x 60
Over head pulls x 20
Snatch x 10

Plate raise to overhead:
45x10

Speed bench vs monster-minis doubled, change grip every set (wide, comp, CG), 1 min rest between sets:
45x15 (bands only, vary grip)
175x3x9 sets

Decline JM press, 3 sec eccentric:
115x10
135x10x2 sets

Single arm rear delt fly vs light band:
20x2 sets per arm

Seated Trap bar shrugs:
165x20
205x20
235x20,

Kaddilac curls, mid grip:
85x10
105x10
115x10

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How do you do the seated shrugs ? Bar under bench ?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How do you do the seated shrugs ? Bar under bench ?
This was my first time ever tying these actually, as I wanted to minimize spine compression. I used a box as the seat, then had the trap bar around it. I was using my open trap bar, I don’t think it would work with a regular fully closed one. I had the open part facing the front and it worked perfectly! I’ll take a pic next time as I will definitely
Be using this setup again

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This was my first time ever tying these actually, as I wanted to minimize spine compression. I used a box as the seat, then had the trap bar around it. I was using my open trap bar, I don’t think it would work with a regular fully closed one. I had the open part facing the front and it worked perfectly! I’ll take a pic next time as I will definitely
Be using this setup again
Thank you !

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Me too man. Me too.
You have any favorite solutions? I've been shocked to see some size go on from machine curls but I think it's the TUT. I rotate back and forth from a hard db session and a hard ez bar session. occasionally throwing in the 21s until my sleeves are cutting off circulation if I can, lol.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
IMG_9193.JPG

So the current bench I have been using for the past while is 16.5” to the top of the pad. My initial thought is to go with the shortie w/ fat pad model at 17.5”. Lower center of gravity and all. I guess I need to check out competition bench heights and that will sway my decision.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 228627

So the current bench I have been using for the past while is 16.5” to the top of the pad. My initial thought is to go with the shortie w/ fat pad model at 17.5”. Lower center of gravity and all. I guess I need to check out competition bench heights and that will sway my decision.
Get the shorty with comp pad. You don’t have the frame to need the wider pad to bench safely (Donnie was over 6ft and 400lbs, a huge man), and you won’t get to use a wide one in a comp.

I also hate using my friend’s fat pad because his is tall. It throws off my setup using that in a peak, then trying to bench down at 17.5” at a meet. My bench in the garage is 16” and it’s very easy to go to comp and go up a little.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think I may have to pick up a flat bench with a fat pad as things get heavier to keep from the bench digging into my RC on the right side. These are the REP ones or you looking at a different model now.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Get the shorty with comp pad. You don’t have the frame to need the wider pad to bench safely (Donnie was over 6ft and 400lbs, a huge man), and you won’t get to use a wide one in a comp.

I also hate using my friend’s fat pad because his is tall. It throws off my setup using that in a peak, then trying to bench down at 17.5” at a meet. My bench in the garage is 16” and it’s very easy to go to comp and go up a little.
This is the answer I needed

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2/4
W6D1

Monster mini banded hip walks x 40

Reverse hyper:
+90x20
+135x15
+180x15x2 sets

GHR:
10,10,10 PR

DB BSS:
+80x15x2 sets per side

Inverted rows vs green avg band (feet on bench, band at bench height):
10x4 sets

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am really thinking about getting rid of the refrigerator in the garage to have room for a GHR. Nothing works the hams and glutes quite the same.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
yikes. tough call. I can't give up the extra meat storage! maybe there is a way to incorporate it into your gym routine.

View attachment 228772
Looks like a winner! I actually have a deep freeze in the laundry room so this wouldn't really cut into my meat storage area. If anything maybe my seasoning area because it is nice to dry brine out there in the fridge. It is also nice to have some cold water out there too but the fridge in kitchen is only about10 yards away from the garage door. However going inside during a workout is always a risk of getting honey-do'ed.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looks like a winner! I actually have a deep freeze in the laundry room so this wouldn't really cut into my meat storage area. If anything maybe my seasoning area because it is nice to dry brine out there in the fridge. It is also nice to have some cold water out there too but the fridge in kitchen is only about10 yards away from the garage door. However going inside during a workout is always a risk of getting honey-do'ed.
You could always get a very small fridge for in the gym.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That is a very real and perilous risk indeed

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2/6
W6D2

Mini band warms:
PA’s x 20
Facepulls x 15
Press downs x 50
Snatch x 15

Flat bench DB loaded stretch:
40’sX 2 minutes

Flat bench 4 board press, no wraps/sleeves:
165x10
255x1
345x1
435x1

F8 widowmaker (single ply) 4 board press, F8 bench bar, wraps:
505x1
525x1
545x1
565x1
585x1
605xfail. CNS shot

I had an itch I wanted to scratch. Didn’t do any accessory work as I have a good idea of how fried I am gonna be shortly. I feel like I could run through a brick wall and I’m all shaky from CNS dump. 585 moved real good, had way more in the tank but learned how much this hits CNS before muscle fatigue. It’s amazing lol and I’m all in now. I’ll post bids when I stop shaking

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Strong Pressing !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015