Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looks like you have a well laid out plan, now you just need to stick to it. The nutrition part is always the hardest for me.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looks like you have a well laid out plan, now you just need to stick to it. The nutrition part is always the hardest for me.
Thanks! Agree, for me as well. As much as I hate cardio, I'll do it cause I like s good sweat. But give me my beer and cookies!

Anyways, hit my reduced macros pretty spot on yesterday with no issue: 1732 cals, 43/30/27.

This AM was a run while it was nice and cool out: 1.72 mi, 9:41 pace. Followed up with some ab work and fueled up intra with Liquid IV and HBCD.

Starting a new job in 2 weeks, so will be spending some time getting in a few good workouts, getting projects done around the house, and getting mentally and physically ready for a change.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This liquid iv i see you and @Rocket3015 using, is it just the packets you dump in your water ? What brand? I'm always trying to find hydration help. Is this the one with 11g of sugar?

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This liquid iv i see you and @Rocket3015 using, is it just the packets you dump in your water ? What brand? I'm always trying to find hydration help. Is this the one with 11g of sugar?
Yeah, Liquid IV is the brand. You can find them on Amazon. I decided to give it a whirl since Rocket seems to like them and I can get overnight shipping, LOL. I usually use Canteen.

Liquid IV has 11g of sugar from pure cane sugar and dextrose. Canteen has 5g from dextrose. There may be better options. Nuun is a pure electrolyte tab and is geared towards runners and I've used in the past, or LMNT is another one I've seen with only 1g of sugar (also single serve packets) but a lot more expensive.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Liquid IV.jpg

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Opted for chest day #2 instead of shoulders this morning.

DB BP:
40x10
60x10,7,8

Floor presses - First time giving these a whirl @TheMovement The movement and dead stop was an adjustment for sure. Could've pushed weight, but kept it simple for this first go around.

45x10
95x10,10,10

Incline DB flys 30x10,10,10

41:29, 127 cals

Really curious to see how my body responds to this 2x a week idea for bringing up chest.

Pre: 1 cup coffee, 1 cap ThermoXT, 1 scoop Daft Pump
Intra: 1 scoop Breach, 1/2 scoop Cluster Bomb, 3g micro creatine, 1 packet Liquid IV

Yesterday's cals were a bit high, went +150 over. Looking to tighten up today. Have a massage scheduled for later today, so hopefully that'll help my right shoulder blade area and lower back a bit. More yard work to be done today. Have a great one!

Last edited:
SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Floor presses are a great bench builder. Fun to do for a max single as well as no spotter is needed
Doubles as a heavy negative rep without a spot when the urge is there.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Floor presses are a great bench builder. Fun to do for a max single as well as no spotter is needed
Doubles as a heavy negative rep without a spot when the urge is there.
Like I said, think it'll take some getting used to, but with a 2 day chest rotation I think it'll become part of the normal routine.

Yesterday managed to keep cals about right (44 cals over), but went pretty heavy on the carbs. Generally need to work on bringing that down and a little more balanced and protein numbers up.

Shoulders:

Rotator cuff ex, resistance bands 2x12
Seated overhead press 85x10,10,10
Upright rows 75x10,10; 80x10
DB laterals 15x10,10,10
Bent over DB laterals 15x10,10,10
Resistance band facepulls, 3 sets of 15

51:12, 170 cals

Pre: 1 cup of coffee, 1 cap ThermoXT, 1 scoop Daft Pump
Intra: 1 scoop Breach, 1/2 scoop Cluster Bomb, 3g micro creatine, 1 packet liquid IV
Soundtrack: Audioslave

Mediocre workout today. Just didn't have the energy/drive. Massage yesterday has my back feeling a little beat up. Was able to mostly work out the knots around my right shoulder blade though. Need to hydrate extra today.

One cap of thermoXT leaves a little something to be desired pre-WO, but don't want to up to 2 caps due to the alpha y content. May add in a cap of eria J, Special Forces, or something for my next workout as I'll be on this for the next week...

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Downed 200 mg of caffeine plus 1 cap of ThermoXT and ran 1.66 miles this AM, 10:14 pace. Headphones died after the 1st lap. My cardio has suffered, so will need to keep on top of that although it felt more muscular endurance than breathing today.

Been doing OK with eating this weekend, even though Fri/Sat were higher cal days. Friday gave myself my official cheat meal (not a full day) and had a few slices of white pizza and an IPA for lunch. Yesterday just ended up going over with family dinner, which is always tough when it's Italian. No booze yesterday. Need to stay on track today and I should end relatively well for the week, weigh in tomorrow and adjustments from there.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ended up with ~1900 cal/day avg for the week. But as suspected need to bring up protein and drop some carbs.

Arms:

EZ bar curls, inner grip +40x10,10,10
EZ bar skull crushers +40x10,10,10
DB incline curls 15x10,10,10
Close grip BP 95x12,12,12
Chin ups x Dips, 2 sets to failure

32:40, 100 cals

Pre: 1 cup coffee, 1 cap ThermoXT, 1 cap Eria Jarensis. The addition of EJ helped a little with motivation this AM.
Intra: 1 scoop Breach, 1/2 scoop Cluster Bomb, 3g micro creatine, 1 packet liquid IV

Weight: 162.4# (-1.2#)
BF: 14.9% (-0.1%) - again, just for trends.

1 week down and pretty spot on with where I need to be, didn't have to starve myself, and even got to enjoy myself a little.

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ended up with ~1900 cal/day avg for the week. But as suspected need to bring up protein and drop some carbs.

Arms:

EZ bar curls, inner grip +40x10,10,10
EZ bar skull crushers +40x10,10,10
DB incline curls 15x10,10,10
Close grip BP 95x12,12,12
Chin ups x Dips, 2 sets to failure

32:40, 100 cals

Pre: 1 cup coffee, 1 cap ThermoXT, 1 cap Eria Jarensis. The addition of EJ helped a little with motivation this AM.

Weight: 162.4# (-1.2#)
BF: 14.9% (-0.1%) - again, just for trends.

1 week down and pretty spot on with where I need to be, didn't have to starve myself, and even got to enjoy myself a little.
Do you use an app to track your Micro's ?

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do you use an app to track your Micro's ?
Yeah, I use myfitnesspal. Although, I've been contemplating purchasing either RP or Layne Norton's app as an upgrade. But I'd have to pay monthly, so there's that...

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, I use myfitnesspal. Although, I've been contemplating purchasing either RP or Layne Norton's app as an upgrade. But I'd have to pay monthly, so there's that...
I use the free version of "Lose It" and I'm happy with that.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use the free version of "Lose It" and I'm happy with that.
I'll have to look into it.

Not gonna lie, disappointed about today's eating. Was out in the middle of nowhere today and the only food options were fast food. Basically Chik-fil-a, Arby's, Sonic, or Qdoba. Went with Qdoba, but didn't look up the cals before I ate. Ended up with a 970 cal burrito - and I even went with the chicken option! So, ended up 304 cals over today. High day for sure.

Anyways, tomorrow is leg day. Thinking of adding in 2 caps of Demon Drops pre-WO. Why not?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
At least you will be fueled well for legs !!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Leg Day.

BB squats:
95x12
135x10
185x8,8,8

SLDLs 100x10,10,10
Calf raises, 3 sets of 12
Alt DB lunges 25x10,10,10

Foam rolling to finish.

49:46, 234 cals

Pre: 1 cup coffee, 2 caps Demon Drops, 1 cap ThermoXT, 1 scoop Daft Pump. Powered by Vicious Labs this morning!
Intra: Same as yesterday.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'll have to look into it.

Not gonna lie, disappointed about today's eating. Was out in the middle of nowhere today and the only food options were fast food. Basically Chik-fil-a, Arby's, Sonic, or Qdoba. Went with Qdoba, but didn't look up the cals before I ate. Ended up with a 970 cal burrito - and I even went with the chicken option! So, ended up 304 cals over today. High day for sure.

Anyways, tomorrow is leg day. Thinking of adding in 2 caps of Demon Drops pre-WO. Why not?
You’ve got to look up cals when eating out if you are determined to stick to the daily calorie plan. You could have had roast beef or grilled chicken sandwiches at the other places, or possibly a salad. They all have ways to get some protein in and adjust calories to your needs, to an extent. Not that there’s anything wrong with a good hearty burrito, but it’s up to you to make it work - we have the technology to search that info in 30 seconds in our pockets before we order at the counter.

Don’t sweat it - this was a good learning opportunity!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Eating on the run is tough and it always seems like a good excuse to eat something bad that is really good !!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Eating on the run is tough and it always seems like a good excuse to eat something bad that is really good !!
Yeah, and this week will be a little tougher since I'm meeting up with a few friends for lunch throughout the week. I have my planned cheat meal for Friday since I'm going to a place that does killer milkshakes! But will need to be smart with my choices the rest of the week.

On the plus side, vascularity is already coming through in my arms with just being a hair leaner. And we're just getting started!

Cardio, 35 mins on the bike, followed by ab work: Incline crunches, weighted side bends, Russian medicine ball work.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I wish cardio was more fun !!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Chest, bench day:

Bench Press:
100x12
135x10
160x5,5,5 - suicide grip.
Sad to see how much my strength has dropped since running a bench program.

Neutral grip push ups x15,12,12
Decline BP 140x6, 130x8,8
Resistance band flys, 2 sets of 15

My lower back and glutes feeling a little sore these past few days. Feel like I might be on a cusp of a slight cold, so hopefully I can keep this at bay.

1 hr 2 mins, 249 cals

Pre: 1 cup of coffee, 1 cap Spook, 1 cap ThermoXT, 1 scoop Daft Pump. Honestly was expecting the Spook to hit harder. It's been years since I've used amp though.
Intra: Same as previous.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
We cannot be at maximal strength at all times - in fact, rarely can we be so. I just benched a new lifetime best at comp the previous Sunday. The next time I lift that much again…. I will probably be attempting a new PR lol. It is a very rare thing to be at peak ability.

A season for all things - now is your season to get shredded! Don’t worry about the numbers, just train hard.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back Day.

Deadlifts, overhand grip:
135x10
185x7
200x6,6,6 - mixed grip, from rack pins. Purely a grip issue here otherwise I could've pulled more. Left hand was just feeling the strain.

Neutral grip pull ups x8,8,6
BB rows 135x8,7 - with straps

28:04, 113 cals

Good quick session.

Down to my last trial cap of ThermoXT. Going to use a few sample packs of thermo caps I have this weekend, then I'll start up Radiate plus Forskolin XT on Monday for the next 4 weeks. About to turn up the burners on phase 1.5 of this cut...

Getting mirrors installed in my home gym on Tuesday. Can't wait to have a proper set up! Flex Friday every day!

Pre: 1 scoop Definant Unleashed July 4th Edition. This was the buzz I was looking for!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Segansational What is your body weight ?

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Had a great cheat meal on Friday, went about 1100 cals over for the day because of it. Wait til you see the pics!

Tried a sample packet of Lipo-Drex on my off day.

Did a ~25 mins, 201 cals cardio session plus abs yesterday. Back in the gym this morning for shoulders. Went with a sample pack of Shredded-AF. Radiate and Forskolin XT this AM.

DB laterals x front raises, 10x10,10,10
Bent over DB laterals x Upright rows: 10x10, 20x10,10 / +60x10,10,10
Seated Overhead BB press, 95x5,4 - these felt heavy as a finisher. Lower back felt a little unhappy so stopped a set short.

29:36, 165 cals

Quick session with supersets to get the blood going as I was pressed for time. These past two weeks felt a little like an acclimation period, hoping to see some accelerated fat loss during this next phase.

Pre: 1 cup of coffee, 1 cap Radiate, 1 scoop Daft Pump.
Intra: Same as usual

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Shredded-AF. Radiate and Forskolin XT this AM

That should have had you sweating !!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Shredded-AF. Radiate and Forskolin XT this AM

That should have had you sweating !!
Guess that was confusing. Shredded-AF was yesterday pre-cardio.

This morning started up my bottle or Radiate caps, Forskolin XT 2x/day.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
20220923_142917.jpg

Mac & Cheese Double Smash Patty Burger.

20220923_150506.jpg

Harry Potter themed milkshake - butterscotch ice cream, caramel sauce, blue sprinkles, whipped cream, ferrero rocher, iced sugar cookie.

Also had an IPA to wash it down.

A worthy cheat meal if I do say so myself!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That is truly worthy of being called a cheat meal! Love butterscotch flavoring. That whole shake has a lot of great things going on.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I want that burger, but than again I only had 1700 calories today............I want everything I see !!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That is truly worthy of being called a cheat meal! Love butterscotch flavoring. That whole shake has a lot of great things going on.
Just might be my go to place for my cheat meals! They have about 4 or 5 different burger and shake variations, with new ones popping up around certain themes. There's a boardwalk one right now that has funnel cake, cotton candy, all of that type of stuff.
I want that burger, but than again I only had 1700 calories today............I want everything I see !!
Me too. My goal is just over 1700 per day, but I'm a little hit or miss right now. Still making good progress though. Must be doing something right since I'm down to 161.0# as of this evening. So down another -1.4# this past week!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just keep it moving in the right direction !!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just keep it moving in the right direction !!
Back on the bike this AM for a quick cardio sesh: 25:02, 211 cals. Lower back was still bothering my from yesterday, plus I was crunched for time (slept past my alarm). Have some workers coming to the house today, but should have my new home gym mirrors up for #workoutwednesday!

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Arm workout. Didn't record #'s. 3 sets each.

EZ bar curls +40#
DB hammer curls 20#
Chin ups to failure
EZ Bar Skull crushers +40#
Dips to failure
Close grip BP 95#

58:47, 280 cals

Pre: 1 cup of coffee, 1 cap Radiate, 1 cap Eria J, 1 scoop Daft Pump.
Intra: 1 scoop Breach, 1 packet of Liquid IV, 3g micro creatine. Skipped the intra carbs today so I could fit half a banana into breakfast.

My schedule is getting a little screwy this week with the new job, last minute work trip on Thursday, and going camping Fri-Sun. So fewer workouts this week than normally would have.

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back on the bike this AM for a quick cardio sesh: 25:02, 211 cals. Lower back was still bothering my from yesterday, plus I was crunched for time (slept past my alarm). Have some workers coming to the house today, but should have my new home gym mirrors up for #workoutwednesday!
And here you go!!

20220928_085112.jpg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice Space !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good luck with the new job endeavors! That’s always a transition. Just focus on sticking to your calorie goals and you will still progress.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice Space !!
Thanks Rocket!
Good luck with the new job endeavors! That’s always a transition. Just focus on sticking to your calorie goals and you will still progress.
Yep, already planned out my meals last night based on where I had reliable grab-and-go spots at the train station. Trying to eliminate guess work where possible!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks Rocket!Yep, already planned out my meals last night based on where I had reliable grab-and-go spots at the train station. Trying to eliminate guess work where possible!
That's the way to do it !!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First wake up before 5 AM in a long while, but leaving for an RV weekend today so needed to get it in!

Legs.
BB squats:
95x12
135x10
185x8,8,8 - Not gonna lie, these felt tough this AM... Also felt like I tweaked something in my left delt. Just turned my head wrong or something while lifting.

SLDLs 135x10,10,10 - these actually felt easier than normal since the plates are larger, so the distance to the ground for the stretch isn't as large. I might stand on plates or something next time to give more ROM.

Calf raises 3x15
DB walking lunges, 3 sets of 20#

49:33, 167 cals

Pre: 1 cap Radiate, 1 scoop Total War Jurassic Blood
Intra: 1 scoop Breach, 1/2 scoop Cluster Bomb, 3g micro creatine, 1 packet electrolytes. Bought another brand that has 0 sugar.

Weight: 159.2# (-1.8#)
BF: 14.5% (-0.2%)

Last edited:
BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First wake up before 5 AM in a long while, but leaving for an RV weekend today so needed to get it in!

Legs.
BB squats:
95x12
135x10
185x8,8,8 - Not gonna lie, these felt tough this AM... Also felt like I tweaked something in my left delt. Just turned my head wrong or something while lifting.

SLDLs 135x10,10,10 - these actually felt easier than normal since the plates are larger, so the distance to the ground for the stretch isn't as large. I might stand on plates or something next time to give more ROM.

Calf raises 3x15
DB walking lunges, 3 sets of 20#

49:33, 167 cals

Pre: 1 cap Radiate, 1 scoop Total War Jurassic Blood
Intra: 1 scoop Breach, 1/2 scoop Cluster Bomb, 3g micro creatine, 1 packet electrolytes. Bought another brand that has 0 sugar.

Weight: 159.2# (-1.8#)
BF: 14.5% (-0.2%)
Happy camping brother !!!!! Were you heading? Watch the weather

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Happy camping brother !!!!! Were you heading? Watch the weather
Was in PA Dutch country. A little wet, a bit of mud, but the kids had a great time and that's what counts! Definitely had more than my share this weekend, prob about ~3k days both on Sat/Sun with camp food and a wedding. I'll post up some food porn in a bit. Not even gonna weigh in this morning since I know it'll be bad, but I'll get it back on track. Back at it this morning for a short cardio session. Still wet weather here.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Was in PA Dutch country. A little wet, a bit of mud, but the kids had a great time and that's what counts! Definitely had more than my share this weekend, prob about ~3k days both on Sat/Sun with camp food and a wedding. I'll post up some food porn in a bit. Not even gonna weigh in this morning since I know it'll be bad, but I'll get it back on track. Back at it this morning for a short cardio session. Still wet weather here.
Where were you ?

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I live not to far away.
We always camp up that way since we have family around there.

Had a near perfect day for cals/macros, 1697 cals, 43/28/29% c/f/p. Back on the grind this morning for a 5 AM chest workout.

Bench press:
100x12
135x10,8,6

Neutral grip push ups x 8,8,8

Low Incline BP:
135x2, dropped weight to 95x6
95x6,8

Resistance band flys 3x12

42:43, 184 cals

Pre: 1 cap Radiate, 2 caps Special Forces, 1 scoop Daft Pump
Intra: 1 scoop Breach, 1/2 scoop Cluster Bomb, 3g micro creatine, 1 packet electrolytes
Soundtrack: Jay-Z

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back Day.

Deadlifts, overhand grip:
135x10
185x8
200x6,6,6 - mixed grip, from rack pins.

Neutral grip pull ups x10,9,6
BB rows 135x8,7,5 - with straps
Close grip DB row 70x8,6,5

Foam rolling, posing and stretching.

45:30, 184 cals.

Repeated last week's back workout with an extra set on rows, and threw in a finisher.

Pre: 3/4 scoop Zeus, 1 cap Radiate. Decided to go with heavy stims for this morning's session. This was a nice combo.