Segansational's Motivation Log

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
30 mins on the bike plus abs yesterday. Weights again this AM.

BB Squats, heavy day:

Warm up
40% - 115x5 - this should've been 120#.
50% - 140x5
60% - 170x3
Working sets
75% - 210x5
85% - 235x3
95% - 260x2, had to sort of Jerry rig the weights to make this work. So wasn't super confident on stability, but hit 2 reps fairly well. Will probably adjust back down to 250# as the peak for a bit and work my way up to at least 5 reps.

SLDLs 135x10,10,10 - used hook grip
Calf raises 3x15

31:57, 206 cals

Pre: 3/4 scoop Assassin v7, decided to go with this instead of my DCY combo this AM since it was heavy leg day. As it has caffeine, DMHA, and yohimbine/alpha-y this seems to be a pretty good replacement on any days I think I need a real boost. This hit perfectly.
Intra: Same as previous

Bought myself a new Fitbit watch as a birthday present, Versa 3. Started recording after my first warm up set. Son woke up early again (after having been up a lot last night) so had to cut things short today. Still got in a good session and sweat!

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Feeling good already on day 4.

Another 30 mins of cardio, 182 cals, followed by untracked abs:

Knee raises
Incline crunches
Weighted side bends
Medicine ball twists x medicine ball crunches

Threw in a few sets of pull ups and push ups for good measure since the household stayed asleep this morning. @Hyde picked up some KSM-66 to start adding in per your recommendation.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Feeling good already on day 4.

Another 30 mins of cardio, 182 cals, followed by untracked abs:

Knee raises
Incline crunches
Weighted side bends
Medicine ball twists x medicine ball crunches

Threw in a few sets of pull ups and push ups for good measure since the household stayed asleep this morning. @Hyde picked up some KSM-66 to start adding in per your recommendation.
I would do an afternoon dose of the fat-burning stim stack at work at the time, and that Ash really helped keep the energy productive and not so shaky, if that makes sense.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bench Day.

Rotator cuff ex, resistance bands 2x12/10, 12/10

Bench Press
Warm up:
90x5
110x5
130x3
Working sets:
70% - 150x3
80% - 170x3
90% - 190x2 - missed getting the last rep.
Extra set: 150x9

Low incline DB press 60x10,7,5 - added one rep to first two sets since last time.
Close Grip BP 140x9,4; 130x6
Dips x9,6,6
Resistance band flys 35x10,10

Ended with some posing.

1:09:57, 333 cals

Pre: 1 scoop Total War American Berry (320 mg caffeine), 25 mg DMAA, 5 mg Y
Intra: 1 scoop Breach, 1/2 scoop Cluster Bomb, 3g micro creatine
Soundtrack: Jelly Roll

Just a really solid workout. Wanted to try out the new limited edition flavor of Total War I got over July 4th weekend. Decent, but a bit of an aftertaste. But since this was replacing my caffeine dose in the AM (normally 200 mg tab), will probably drop the caffeine dose this afternoon a bit lower, perhaps with a ZOA (120 mg).

Weight: 161.8# (-3.0#)
Bodyfat: 14.8% (-0.4%)

I'd say we're off to a good start with this @sns8778 stack! @Rocket3015 tagging you in case you want to follow since you're also running it I believe.

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would do an afternoon dose of the fat-burning stim stack at work at the time, and that Ash really helped keep the energy productive and not so shaky, if that makes sense.
I'm doing one dose AM pre-WO around 5 AM, 2nd dose PM around 2:30 PM with 1cap of KSM-66. Last dose of Y only around 5:30 PM.

Agree that so far the ash is helping keep me mellow for that second dose. Thanks for the advice!

Skipped yesterday's workout. Was just feeling it. Plus had to convince my son to go back to sleep. Yesterday was a cheat day. Went to a pool party and had the equivalent of 32 oz beer, mac & cheese, and a bunch of chips/chex mix. Back at it this morning to make up for my missed cardio: 40 mins on the bike, 251 cals, followed by abs blasting some 90s rock. That 5 AM alarm hits different on a Sunday! Sweat like crazy today!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Deadlifts
Warm up:
115x5
135x5
160x3
Working sets:
70% - 185x3
80% - 215x3
Did the first two sets with hook grip.
90% - 235x4
Last set with mixed grip.

Neutral grip pull ups x10,9,8
V-bar handle rows +90x10, +95x10,10 - back felt a little tight this morning, so went a little lighter than normal.
EZ bar curls +50x10,8,8
DB hammer curls 25x10,10,8

Left wrist was still bothering me on curls today, which affected my lifts.

Started with some foam rolling and stretching this morning. Had interrupted sleep last night, so pushed my alarm a bit. Ended with more foam rolling.

57:09, 242 cals.

Pre: 1 scoop Total War Light Side, 25 mg DMAA, 5 mg Y.
Intra: Same as usual.
Soundtrack: Eminem, the Eminem Show. SDCC was this weekend and so many trailers released. Was watching the new Shazam trailer and the soundtrack was Eminem, so put it on this morning.

Oh, and weigh in this morning at 161.4#, so down -0.4# over the weekend for a total of -3.4# in week 1.

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bike, 40:06, 282 cals. Followed by abs. Grinding day by day.

Also picked up some more HBCD and finally restocked on some electrolye powder for my intra-WO mix:

20220725_130454.jpg

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Shoulders.

Rotator cuff ex, resistance bands 2x12

Seated OHP:
Warm up
40% - 45x5
50% - 55x5
60% - 65x3
Working sets:
65% - 80x3
75% - 90x3
85% - 100x7

DB laterals 20x10,10,10
Bent over DB laterals 20x10,10,10
EZ bar upright rows +60x10,10,10
Behind the back BB shrugs 105x10, 110x10, 115x10
Resistance band facepulls 20x12,12,12

55:59, 191 cals

Pre: 1 scoop Total War Tropical Punch. This had a lot of orange and pineapple flavor, but more of an aftertaste than other flavors I've had. 25 mg DMAA, 5 mg Y.
Intra: 1 scoop Breach, 1/2 scoop Cluster Bomb, 3g micro creatine, 1 scoop Canteen
Soundtrack: Disturbed, Immortalized

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cardio, bike, 35:02, 272 cals. Followed by abs. This was post 2 cups of coffee, plus my morning stack.

Had some sweets the past two days, so will need to keep things clean to round out the week. Wife brought me a cupcake from Magnolia bakery in NYC, and I had a pretty epic cookie delivery from Megalicious Cookie Co show up yesterday. Had to eat some fresh!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Squats, Deload Day.

Warm up, 85x10
40% - 120x5
50% - 140x5
60% - 170x8
Just went for depth and form on these.

SLDLs 140x10,10,10 - hook grip, definitely getting adjusted to using this grip and heavier weights on these.

Had to quit here since my son woke up yelling.

33:09, 101 cals
Weight: 160.0# (-1.4#)
BF: 14.6% (- 0.2%)

Pre: 1 scoop Daft Pump, 200 mg caffeine, 25 mg DMAA, 5 mg Y

Feeling a little beat up this morning, lower back was bothering me on my left side. Tried foam rolling it before my WO. Also, yesterday my legs were just really sore. As much as I hate deload days, I think it's coming at the right time.

Also my sleep quality has not been as good lately since I ran out of my melatonin Sleep Gummies. Remembered I had an unopened tub of Fade Out, so used 1 scoop last night with some greens powder. Forgot how strong this stuff is, woke up a little groggy at my 2nd alarm. But sleep quality was definitely more improved and had much more time spent in deep sleep. For context, this week was basically a sleep score all in the 70s - last night was 80. You can see how much more deep sleep I got vs my prior 30 days in the graph.
Screenshot_20220729-053221.jpeg

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Welp, my son is back to his normal 5:40 AM wake ups. So FML.

Back on 30 mins of cardio this morning on the bike, 30:12, 207 cals. Only a little ab work this morning unfortunately since both my kids woke up.

Keeping track of diet, let myself have a glass of wine last evening with the wifey, and a tsp of Nutter Cookie Crunch PB. This stuff was delicious and tasted like a great mix of sweet PB filling and chocolate, with a crunchy from the cookie pieces! Highly recommend @Rocket3015.

@wfreiling hooked me up with some of his equipment he's selling yesterday. Grabbed a Rogue Ohio Power Bar, a set of 45s, and a set of 25s. Should be a nice addition to my home set up. Going to try to clean the bar up a bit, get it to shine!

Also, just ran out of my C&P DMAA, so reached into my @ZOO stash and opened my bottle of Demon Drops. Also 25 mgs a cap.

Did a half scoop of Fade Out yesterday, but still woke up a bit groggy. But, sleep score was good again at 81 - 26% of my time in REM, 20% in deep sleep.

20220729_144243.jpg

20220729_144319.jpg

20220729_144409.jpg

20220729_221135.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Your will power with the nut butter is way better than mine! I could have not stopped a one spoon full!

Reactions: ZOO
ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your will power with the nut butter is way better than mine! I could have not stopped a one spoon full!
I myself have been digging into the peanut butter jar a bit more than I’d like to admit.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You’re going to love that power bar! That’s the competition standard, and getting it without any coatings like that is the absolute best feel/grip you can get. Bare steel may get ugly, but the performance can’t be matched by painted bars.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just needed a little taste! Tryna get abs like yours! When I bulk though, I'll go full on with 2 tbsp not tsp.
I myself have been digging into the peanut butter jar a bit more than I’d like to admit.
It's a slippery slope!
You’re going to love that power bar! That’s the competition standard, and getting it without any coatings like that is the absolute best feel/grip you can get. Bare steel may get ugly, but the performance can’t be matched by painted bars.
Yeah, I could already tell the knurling is so much better than the bars I have/use. And that's even before I try to clean it up a little (not that it's in bad shape at all).

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also, if you want I have 2 new bottles of demon drops if interested. My old body can’t handle exotic stims anymore. Those demon drops sure do get ya buzzing tho!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
He was mad you didn’t take him to leg day! Better not ditch him next session.
I don't think I can hang with Wes, I'm not using big boy weights like the others on here. But it would be great to get a workout in with some forum bros. And now that I have a power bar, might give me more motivation to hit some bigger numbers!
Also, if you want I have 2 new bottles of demon drops if interested. My old body can’t handle exotic stims anymore. Those demon drops sure do get ya buzzing tho!
Might be interested. I've got another full unopened bottle and a bottle of Spook still lying around. But I do like DMAA for cutting cycles.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also, if you want I have 2 new bottles of demon drops if interested. My old body can’t handle exotic stims anymore. Those demon drops sure do get ya buzzing tho!I was talking about your son

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also, if you want I have 2 new bottles of demon drops if interested. My old body can’t handle exotic stims anymore. Those demon drops sure do get ya buzzing tho!I was talking about your son
Haha, you're probably right! He does always want to try to pick up my weights or grab the heavier resistance band then the one I give to him!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bench Press, Heavy Day.

Rotator cuff ex, resistance bands 2x12,12

Bench Press, suicide grip
Warm up:
90x5
110x5
130x3
Working sets:
75% - 160x5
85% - 180x3
95% - 200x0 - Miss
Extra set: 135x10, used the new Rogue Power Bar just for kicks. Knurling/grip felt great! Since I've been working with smaller plates, the balance for me felt different with the larger 45s. Will be good to switch things up.

Neutral grip push ups 3x12
Decline BP 135x8,6,6 - Power bar
Dips x10,9,8
Resistance band flys 35x3x12

1 hr 2 mins, 320 cals

Pre: 3/4 scoop Assassin v7, 1 cup coffee
Intra: Same as usual
Soundtrack: Fuel

Staying honest here, this past weekend was a sh*t show. This week will be a bit of a wash as well, as I celebrate our wedding anniversary and am going camping again on Friday. Not excuses, just setting my own expectations. Will weigh in shortly to see the damage. Mood a bit off today. Felt a bit hypo during my WO, so may need to monitor as I keep cutting down and am still working out fasted in the AM.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Tighten whatever you can when it’s not time to relax, and when you spend time with your wife and family, enjoy that.

You can still make a bit of progress if you are willing to suffer when you are on your own time. It will require discipline, but being able to fast or restrict on your time to save those calories can make it work in your favor when it’s time to spend them.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Congratulations !! How Long ?

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Heavy Deadlift Day.

Warm up, hook grip:
115x5
135x5
160x3
Working sets, hook grip from rack pins:
75% - 200x5
85% - 220x3
95% - 245x3 - had to stop and regrip between reps, but kept with hook grip!

Neutral grip pull ups x12,7,7
BB rows, power bar - 135x8,6,6
EZ bar curls, inner grip +40x10,10, - either this grip or the lower weight helped keep it from bothering my left wrist.

Finished off with a good amount of stretching out.

Been having a hard time getting up with my alarm lately. Every other day seems like I'm sleeping through it. Not sure if it's my body telling me I need more recovery time, or if it's just the addition of Fade Out. Moving into deload week for most of my lifts next week too, so that should help. Going hard for another week and a half and then get a week long break off.

50:19, 293 cals

Pre: 3/4 scoop MuscleForce Defiant Unleashed July 4th Edition
Intra: Same as yesterday
Soundtrack: Kanye West

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Had a nice anniversary dinner, had a short rib pasta with a bourbon smash, followed by dessert at a local cookie joint. Did some cardio yesterday (41 mins, 297 cals), but didn't have time for my usual ab routine. Sleep was not good though, probably due to a little indigestion with such a heavy meal. Lowest sleep score in a while (69), but also been a little more stressed lately. Might up my KSM-66.

Shoulders:

Rotator cuff ex, resistance bands 2x12

Seated OHP:
Warm up
45x5
55x5
65x3
Working sets:
85x3
95x3
105x5

DB laterals x DB front raises: 15x10,10,10
Bent over DB laterals x EZ bar upright rows: 15x10,10,10 / +60x10,8,10
BB shrugs (front) 135x10,10 - power bar, having this already set pushed me to do a heavier weight than typical. So, another plus of having more equipment.

42:17, 142 cals

Heading away for the weekend, so no more updates until Monday. Have a good one!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
BB Squats, 5/3/1 cycle #4.

Warm up:
40% - 130x5
50% - 150x5
60% - 180x5 - ended up hitting two more than supposed to as I lost count.
Working sets:
65% - 195x5
75% - 220x5 - these did not feel good, my lower back on my left side felt like it was going to give out on the last two reps. Stopped here to be smart about it.

85% - 245x0 - didn't attempt.

Calf raises 3x15
Did a little foam rolling here.
SLDLs x 135 - Power Bar, Overhand Grip x 10,8,8
Quad shape showing through my sweatpants on this one!
Goblet squats 25x3x10

46:06, 193 cals

Soundtrack: Dave Matthew Band, Crash - This album takes me back. Was grooving and just feeling good, despite the weight set backs this morning!

Had a great time camping this weekend even if it was ridiculously hot and humid. Many beers were crushed. So needless to say, I assume my weight is up. Not going to stress about it, as I'm honestly just ready for something different as my next goal/program. May switch to doing some lighter weight/volume sets for the next week or two across the board when I come back to it.

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just Enjoy Life !!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just Enjoy Life !!
Good advice! Definitely still am. Took the kids out for ice cream for dinner last night, living that summer life!

Son has been out of school sick this week though, so it's throwing my schedule off a bit. No workout yesterday as I was up with him a bunch, but back in the gym on the bike this morning for some cardio, 40 mins, 322 cals. Plus some ab work.

Should finish up my supps by Sunday, plus two days extra of Mitoburn and TTA. Cardio plus some deload sessions to round out the week.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bench Press, Deload Day.

Bench Press, suicide grip
90x5
110x5
130x10

Neutral grip push ups x15,12,12
Decline BP, suicide grip, 130x10,10,9
Dips x12,8,8
Resistance band flys 35x3x10

52:25, 176 cals

Pre: 1 scoop Total War, 25 mg DMAA, 5 mg Y (switched to a new bottle of SNS)

Getting ready for my weeklong vacation! Trying to avoid having to do any real work or responsibilities while away, so I can just relax, completely unwind and largely disconnect.

Weighed in earlier this week, so I know I won't end this mini-cut anywhere near as lean as I was hoping, but just going to enjoy summer life heading into the weekend. One more weigh in tomorrow.

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Take a break and get some rest !!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cardio, bike, 32:09, 233 cals. Light ab work. Sweat like crazy this AM.

Woke up later than I usually do, so had to cut my session a bit short. Hammies felt really sore this morning. That's probably the biggest thing I've noticed with TTA, DOMS particularly in my legs are very noticeable, even on post-non workout days. This may be some of the cramping associated with TTA, even though I take an electrolyte beverage intra-WO and usually have 1/2 a banana in the AM after my workouts.

Weight: 159.8# (-0.4#)
BF: 14.5% (-0.1%)

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can't say I have noticed any DOMS with the TAA ?

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Deadlifts, Deload Day.

Warm up, hook grip: 105x12
Working sets, hook grip:
115x5
135x5
160x10

Neutral grip pull ups x9,7,6
BB rows, power bar - 135x7,6,6
EZ bar curls, inner grip +40x10,8,8

Fitbit didn't record. Worked out with my daughter this AM! She did some pull ups, push ups, sit ups, and squats. She's almost able to do pull ups and push ups unassisted!

Pre: 1 cup coffee, 1 scoop Total War, 25 mg DMAA, 5 mg Y

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I always loved lifting with my daughter !

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hello AM family! I'm back after a week of playing around on the lake. Swimming, boating, fishing, tubing. Pictures to come soon, but got back in the gym this morning. Just focusing on some basic movements/fundamentals for this week until I decide what I want to do. No real plan for this week.

Rotator cuff ex, resistance band, 2x12-15

Bench Press, Rogue Power Bar:
95x10
135x8,8,8
Will stick with benching using this bar for a while, as the feel/activation is just different. Also makes me think I've been underestimating the weights I've been using.

Neutral grip push ups x6,8,8

Incline DB press 50x6,5,5

31:55, 165 cals

Everything just felt heavy this morning. Hopefully just a little rust that I can shake off quickly!

Pre: 1 cup of coffee, 2 caps KSM-66, 1 scoop MuscleSport Forbidden Fruit
Intra: 1 scoop Canteen, Breach, 1/2 scoop Cluster Bomb

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Deadlifts, Rogue Power Bar, hook grip/overhand grip:
135x10
185x5,5,5

Neutral grip pull ups x 8,8,6
Bent over BB rows, Power Bar: 135x8,6,7

Foam rolling to finish up.

34:44, 118 cals

My upper back/shoulders (particularly right side) were acting up over vacation. Slept on my left side mostly to counteract the pain in my right side. That has seemed to help. Really worked my left shoulder blade area the other night with the massager. That has also seemed to help. Will monitor.

Pre: Same as yesterday, but today the glycerol killed my stomach... not sure why it didn't affect me yesterday and did this AM. All I can think is I downed it faster this morning?
Intra: Same as yesterday

Weigh in yesterday at 163.0#

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First run in a while yesterday morning. 1.83 miles, 10:42 min/mile, 19:37 total time, 267 cals.

Shoulders this AM.

Seated Overhead BB Press - Rogue Power Bar
45x10
95x5,5,5
Upright rows, wide grip +50x10,10,10
DB laterals x DB front raises:
20#/10# x 10/10
10#/10# x 10/10, 10/10

33:42, 133 cals

Quick update:

For pre-WO this AM decided to cut my MuscleSport dose in half, and supplemented with 1 cap eria jarensis (SNS) and 1 tab of caffeine (200 mg, SNS). This worked well without any stomach issues, so may roll with this combo moving forward!

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How do you like the uprite rows ? I thinking about adding them to my shoulder workout.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How do you like the uprite rows ? I thinking about adding them to my shoulder workout.
Always have liked upright rows. I recently switched to doing a wider grip based on some videos I've seen, vs a more narrow grip. I prefer to use an EZ bar too for my wrists when I remember to use it.

Leg WO:

Barbell squats, Rogue Power Bar:
95x12
135x10,10,10

SLDLs, Rogue Power Bar
135x10,8,8

Calf raises 3x15

Feeling small this morning. Seem to have lost that X frame shape, just looking soft. Might be time to hop on the gain train again and ride that out through the end of the year... ALL ABOARD!

34:36, 147 cals

Pre: 1 cup coffee, 2 caps KSM-66, 1 cap eria jarensis, 200 mg caffeine, 1/2 scoop Forbidden Fruit
Intra: 1 scoop Canteen, Breach, 1/2 scoop Cluster Bomb, 1/2 scoop creatine mono

Last edited:
Gandalfthegreg

Gandalfthegreg

Awards
Upright rows are one of my favorites for trap and shoulder development, but you def need good mobility or you’ll have lots of clicking.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Upright rows are one of my favorites for trap and shoulder development, but you def need good mobility or you’ll have lots of clicking.
I got the clicking for sure !!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Been seeing some people I went to school with who've competed recently, mostly girls. But makes me think I need to step up my game for real. I've been at this for a long time now and don't have much to show for it. Need to set a goal and just go for it this year. Debating picking up some RP Strength templates or hiring a coach.

Who can give me some advice here? Trying to figure out what category(ies) and weight classes I should target based on my current build/weight. Bodybuilding, classic, men's physique? I'll be masters and novice. Think I just prefer bodybuilding from the posing component, but may not have enough mass on my frame for it. @Smont @jtmass @Alchemist11 @ZOO @Iwilleattuna
Sure I've missed folks, feel free to give a tag.

Also, if anyone has used online coaches they like, post em up here or DM me.

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also, went for a run yesterday with my daughter. She ran a 13:27 pace, for 1.11 miles!

Today did a dedicated arm WO for the first time in a while.

EZ bar curls
Skull crushers
DB hammer curls
Dips
Chin ups
Triceps pressdowns

40:07, 110 cals

Last edited:
jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haven't used any coaches from the US. But, I would vouch for Luke Miller. I couldn't hire him because I can't afford $300/month.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hmmm. Well my input would be that I feel the different classes are best decided on your genetics. Like you know when someone has a “classic look” just be seeing them. Physique I feel like is beach body classic. Bodybuilding has different weight classes so that’s very flexible. I’ll be honest that I usually got lucky at my shows in terms of the turnout.