Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
S23 is for people on testosterone. It is very suppressive. You are not on TRT right? If not, do not crash your test for that.

GW is a great option to improve metabolic health and a bit of caloric expenditure while sedentary. It is not a hormone; it’s a PPAR agonist.

You need to stop picking the scab. You have a bulging disc or something that is pressing on a nerve; you must get the inflammation down. It cannot do that with you just continually loading it.

I know it’s cute to say I have a son I have to take care of him, but you’re sabotaging your recovery by continually loading the inflamed area unnecessarily. I have a toddler. I have blown my back out more than once, and rehabbed it. Last time was June of 21, my son was 5 months old and I was trying to meet prep while bending over 9 million times a day to lift my son everywhere, off and on the floor, changing table, crib. Back totally just gave up on some deadlifts a month out from the meet. I was just trying to do to much with it and push through. I had to spend months to heal and rebuild.

You need to keep your kids alive, that’s it. Everything beyond that is optional & ideal, so really ask yourself if you MUST lift them onto the bench or if you have to bend over for anything. You are hurt. If you stay so messed up you are bedridden, that’s even less useful than not being able to tie shoes. Get that kid some crocs and make him put them on himself. Toss them a sandwich, or ask the wife to set something out for them. This is kind of tongue in cheek, but also not. If the plane is going down, you must put your oxygen mask on first so that you can stay conscious to help assist your family. You’re no good out of commission.

While you are in bed, look up the McGill Big 3. Take at least 3 short walks a day, ideally about 10 minutes or before pain becomes an issue (don’t pick the scab!), and get the pain to calm down. Walking and practicing bracing will help get and keep you out of pain so you can get back to running your household ASAP.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You will be back and proper nutrition while you are healing will make the come back faster.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
After a full week off, I'm back.

Was being good about halfway through and then by Thursday I said eff this! Managed to stay at 157# before deciding to end the cut. Unfortunately the injury just killed all drive I had. But, assuming this week goes well (eg, no more set backs, keeping things basic with WOs, not overdoing it first week back) then I'll go into a bit of maintenance/light bulk through the holiday season. Have a bottle of Recomp20 that should help with this! Popped the top and 2 caps later here we are.

Other thing to note, my cardio endurance tanked the week and a half to two weeks I was relatively inactive. Even pushing the kids in the stroller for a walk had me semi-winded. So will be keeping an eye on that.

A lot of full body stretching this morning, just getting my body back into it. Lots of lower back stretches, rotator cuff, lat stretches. Looked up the McGill Big 3 per @Hyde, and will be incorporating at least one or more into each WO session.

First session back:

McGill Big 3 Exercise: Curl ups x5,3,1
Neutral grip push ups x12,14,12
Bench press warm up 45x12
Rotator cuff ex resistance bands 2x12
Bench press
95x10
135x6,6,6
Resistance band flys 3x15

54:43, 138 cals.

Felt pretty good, was a little hesitant laying back onto the bench. But other than feeling a bit overall tight, this morning seemed to go well.

Edit: 157.6# this AM, so total weight loss since start was -6.0#. So damage was minimal, maybe maintenance is the key?

Pre: 1 scoop OG Juice Daddy, 1 scoop Daft Pump
Intra: 1 scoop Iso-Amino, 1 packet electrolytes, 3g micro creatine, 1/2 scoop Cluster Bomb

Last edited:
BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the update, get a few routines under your belt and everything will Jumpstart

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You will be back driving the bus soon !!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the update, get a few routines under your belt and everything will Jumpstart
Yep, just getting myself back into the groove this week. Wanted to sleep in this AM, but got myself up and onto the bike to get back into the pattern and do some more stretching.

Couldn't see that Blood Moon that supposedly was this morning though.
So you don’t want to get any leaner now?
I've actually decided I'm going to do maintenance best I can right now until I get back to 100% and my motivation/discipline comes back. Would be ashame to lose all that progress!

Been using RK-125 & TTA combo the past week and will continue by adding in Recomp20 during this phase.
You will be back driving the bus soon !!
When lambo??

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anyone else dream about workouts?? Just me? Man am I happy to be back in the gym. Remember dreaming about doing triceps kickbacks last night, haha.

Arm WO this morning.
Normally this would be a back WO, but want to give my lower back as large of a break before I hit it for real. Since working out I have "noticed" it more, no issue, but I can tell it was strained if that makes sense. But generally feeling good and physique looking good.

McGill Big 3 Ex, Bird Dogs x10,5,3
Resistance band curls 20x15,15,15
Resistance band triceps pressdowns 20x15,15,15
EZ bar curls +50x8, +45x9,8
Dips x 12,10,10
DB hammer curls 15x12,12,12 - Went light, but these felt really good, better than when I go heavier.
Close grip BP 135x8,6,3

41:51, 123 cals

Pre: 1 scoop Total War, 2 caps Special Forces, 2 caps Recomp20
Intra: Same as last WO

Getting my yearly check up this morning. Will be a new doc, so hoping to get a full panel of blood work ordered, lipids, hormones, the whole nine. We'll see what I think of him. Always hard trying to find a new MD/DO. I've had 2 now that have gone to a concierge/no insurance model...

Last edited:
BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anyone else dream about workouts?? Just me? Man am I happy to be back in the gym. Remember dreaming about doing triceps kickbacks last night, haha.

Arm WO this morning.
Normally this would be a back WO, but want to give my lower back as large of a break before I hit it for real. Since working out I have "noticed" it more, no issue, but I can tell it was strained if that makes sense. But generally feeling good and physique looking good.

In Progress
McGill Big 3 Ex, Bird Dogs x10,5,3
Resistance band curls 20x15,15,15
Resistance band triceps pressdowns 20x15,15,15
EZ bar curls +50x8, +45x9,8
Dips x 12,
DB hammer curls
Close grip BP 135x

Pre: 1 scoop Total War, 2 caps Special Forces, 2 caps Recomp20
Intra: Same as last WO

Getting my yearly check up this morning. Will be a new doc, so hoping to get a full panel of blood work ordered, lipids, hormones, the whole nine. We'll see what I think of him. Always hard trying to find a new MD/DO. I've had 2 now that have gone to a concierge/no insurance model...
Oh man I was itching all night for my workout this morning through out the night.

So in the last two days I've learned im not the only one who dreams about workouts, and @MrKleen73 and I have people talking to us in our heads!!!

Good stuff

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh man I was itching all night for my workout this morning through out the night.

So in the last two days I've learned im not the only one who dreams about workouts, and @MrKleen73 and I have people talking to us in our heads!!!

Good stuff
Haha, I was reading up on that! Just as long as you two keep those voices in your head, i think you're OK. It's when they start to come out that's when you start to worry!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can't believe you didn't do Kick Backs ????

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haha, already did that set in my sleep! Pretty sure I may have woken up my sleeping spouse when I bumped into her with my pretend DBs in the middle of the night.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I can't believe of all the exercises he could have dreamed of he dreamed of them.

I will follow along, not going back to read 46 pages so will just pick up from here. Long time no speak @Segansational

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can't believe of all the exercises he could have dreamed of he dreamed of them.

I will follow along, not going back to read 46 pages so will just pick up from here. Long time no speak @Segansational
Welcome back! Glad to have you in here.

And here are some goodies I added to the stash recently...

20221104_132753.jpg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Very Nice !

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Very Nice !
Can't wait to pop that Decim8! But waiting until next week so I can pair it with some decent weights.

Cardio this AM, bike, 31 mins, 204 cals. Double Tap & 2 caps Recomp20 pre, Powerade intra. Some McGill Curl Ups at the end and stretching out to finish. Of the Big 3 exercises, these are prob my favorite. They just feel good.

Busy time of year at work, but today's my last of the week since the kids have an in service day on Friday so I'll be taking off. Planning to take them to one of those indoor playgrounds to get some energy out in the morning!

Let's have a great day everyone!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How old are your kids ?

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How old are your kids ?
2 & 5, so I've got my hands full!

Morning WO.

Decided to do shoulders this AM, so that'll push back and legs to next week as I'm planning to take the weekend off after 5 days in a row. Kept things light, still feeling a little winded.

McGill Exercise: Side Planks x10,5,3

Seated DB Shoulder Press 20x10, 30x10,10,10
DB laterals x DB front raises 3x12/10, 12/10, 12/10
Resistance band facepulls 3x12
Upright rows +50x8, +40x10,8

Finished with some additional foam rolling and posing.

50:37, 172 cals.

Pre: 3/4 scoop Juice Daddy, 1 scoop Daft Pump. Went all Blue Razz this morning!
Intra: 1 scoop Iso-Amino, 1 packet electrolytes, 3g micro creatine, 1/2 scoop Cluster Bomb
Soundtrack: Migos

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Juice Daddy and Daft Pump are the perfect combo. I love them, too bad I only had money for one pair of them. Well Done with them @ZOO!

• Love
Reactions: ZOO
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, luck for all you guys, @ZOO is running a sale on the remaining bottles of Daft Pump! Might just snag another two pack to pair with my Juice Daddy's.

Took the weekend off from workouts, but was active all weekend. Yesterday was another yard clean up day. Probably have one more pass of leaf collection before they all drop.

Decided to work legs today.

McGill Exercise, Bird Dogs x10,5,3,
TRX squats 3x15
TRX alt lunges 3x12
TRX calf raises 3x15
BB squats 95x10,10,10 - this was good as a finisher, good depth and a little taxing while focusing on core tightness. A bit humbling. Concentration had me develop a bead of sweat during these.

Went light as I'm still feeling a little nervous to push things and a little sore yesterday (other side) after doing all of the raking.

50:58, 139 cals

Pre: 1 scoop Decim8 Pink Starblast. Tasted more like pink lemonade, but decent flavor with generally good effects. Review bros was pretty spot on. Not a cracked out stim feel, just a more alert/awake focus.
Intra: Same as usual.

Last week went pretty much off the rails with diet between drinks and snacks. Going to weigh in this AM just to see where I'm at, but wouldn't be surprised if a lot of weight gain shows up on the scale. Going to try to reel it in a bit this week, but know that going into the holidays it's going to be tough. Kind of low motivation on this in between week. Going to try to use this lull to plan out new routine/regimen.

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'll be glad when the leaves are all gone.
You and me both!

Nothing fun today. Just straight up cardio. Lower back took a little bit of a beating yesterday, so probably for the best. Did some McGill curl ups as my warm up with stretching, 32 mins, 187 cals on the stationary bike.

Edit: Still holding, actually a slight loss, at 157.0#.

So, think I'll follow this plan through end of Jan:

Coast for the next two weeks through end of Nov. Still light/maintenance work to regain strength.
Still on Recomp20, TTA-500, and RK-125.
Starting Decemeber, run @sns8778 AnabolicXT, still relatively in maintenance phase. Thinking the continued symplycos extract will be beneficial coming off Recomp20, and I like the sounds of body comp/strength gains in the write up.
Come January, go full bore cutting phase again. Eliminate the fluff and pick up where I Ieft off, so Lipo Elite and maybe pair with a bottle of @delsolrob Alpha-7 or Epiandro combo? Pre-WO with All Out Sweat for the Mitoburn/Caloriburn content.
Reassess in Feb with goal to be under 13% BF.

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You and me both!

Nothing fun today. Just straight up cardio. Lower back took a little bit of a beating yesterday, so probably for the best. Did some McGill curl ups as my warm up with stretching, 32 mins, 187 cals on the stationary bike.

Edit: Still holding, actually a slight loss, at 157.0#.

So, think I'll follow this plan through end of Jan:

Coast for the next two weeks through end of Nov. Still light/maintenance work to regain strength.
Still on Recomp20, TTA-500, and RK-125.
Starting Decemeber, run @sns8778 AnabolicXT, still relatively in maintenance phase. Thinking the continued symplycos extract will be beneficial coming off Recomp20, and I like the sounds of body comp/strength gains in the write up.
Come January, go full bore cutting phase again. Eliminate the fluff and pick up where I Ieft off, so Lipo Elite and maybe pair with a bottle of @delsolrob Alpha-7 or Epiandro combo? Pre-WO with All Out Sweat for the Mitoburn/Caloriburn content.
Reassess in Feb with goal to be under 13% BF.
Sounds like you have a well thought out plan !

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What’s your current bodyfat percentage? If you don’t have all of your abs showing, it’s generally over 15%.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sounds like you have a well thought out plan !
Thanks Rocket! Just trying to stay reasonable with my goals, while on track this holiday season.
What’s your current bodyfat percentage? If you don’t have all of your abs showing, it’s generally over 15%.
14.2% currently by my readings. I know that I've been told it's likely higher due to inaccuracy of these scales, but the sub-13% goal I'm after will be based on this same scale / measure, so I'm basing it off of that. I've achieved 13.6% in the past for reference at my lowest.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Rocket! Just trying to stay reasonable with my goals, while on track this holiday season.14.2% currently by my readings. I know that I've been told it's likely higher due to inaccuracy of these scales, but the sub-13% goal I'm after will be based on this same scale / measure, so I'm basing it off of that. I've achieved 13.6% in the past for reference at my lowest.
Those scales are indeed inaccurate.

As long as you aren’t using that number to determine when you’re lean enough to ideally bulk, it will be a good reference point for measure still.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First back WO since the set back.

Man do I feel weak! Endurance is still way down, and was breathing heavy throughout.

McGill Ex Side Planks x10,5,3
Neutral grip pull ups x8,6,6 - significant drop off. Usually hitting 10-14 reps at first.
TRX rows 3x10 - still haven't found a good way to hang these yet with solid stability, so I probably didn't get full ROM/stretch as I was too worried about the tower tipping over. Probably just need to screw it into the ceiling...
Single Arm DB Rows 60x10,8; 50x10 - these just felt heavy. Thought a braced movement would be a better way to ease back into things vs bent over rows or something like that.
Forehead on bench, BB rows +40x8 - just decided to use a super light weight this AM to test it out. Didn't love it, so switched exercises to straight arm lat pulldowns.
Resistance band straight arm lat pulldowns 3x10

Not pleased with how sapped my strength seems. Trying not to let that affect my mood.

Pre: 1 scoop Zeus, 2 caps Recomp20
Intra: Same as usual

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Your strength will come back quickly !! Don't worry !!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your strength will come back quickly !! Don't worry !!
Thanks, luckily Zeus always puts me in a pretty feel good state.

Can't believe how sore my lats/upper back were last evening into this morning from that WO! Back on the bike this AM after some stretching and bird dogs.

Waiting to see what Black Friday deals to hit up as I'm low on staples again. Basically just looking for some bulk protein, multis, fish oils. Maybe some carb powder and electrolytes.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks, luckily Zeus always puts me in a pretty feel good state.

Can't believe how sore my lats/upper back were last evening into this morning from that WO! Back on the bike this AM after some stretching and bird dogs.

Waiting to see what Black Friday deals to hit up as I'm low on staples again. Basically just looking for some bulk protein, multis, fish oils. Maybe some carb powder and electrolytes.
I need to order somethings also, but waiting on the "Deals"

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow, so another day where I just feel like DOMS is really hitting hard. I know I'm coming off some down time, but this is unusual. Wonder if there's anything in Recomp20 that might contribute? @TheMrMuscle has used Recomp20 so maybe he has some insight?

Chest Day.

McGill Ex, Curl Ups x10,5,3
Rotator Cuff Ex, resistance bands 2x12
DB Bench Press:
30x12
60x10
70x4, 60x4
60x8
60s felt really good this AM. Really good mind muscle connection. I tried bumping to 70s and lost that, so dropped back down. Probably should settle in around 65s next week.
BB Bench Press:
95x9
135x5,5,5
Resistance band flys 20x3x12

1 hr, 199 cals

Pre: 2 scoops YOLO Dark Side.
Pretty dissappointed when I scooped this as it has started to gum up. That's what I get for hoarding pre-WOs. So prob ended up with the equivalent of 1 scoop this AM - then kept trying to swirl the remaining chunks into solution during my WO. So maybe 1.5 scoops when all said and done?

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
OK, know I just posted my WO, but weighed myself and had to update:

Weight: 154.4# (-2.6# since last weigh in!)

So something is happening here. Either the Recomp20/TTA-500/RK-125 is kicking in fully (and I'd attribute more to Recomp20 based on my past exp with the other supps), or this is just a fluke weigh in. Also very possible.

Eating habits have stayed roughly the same these past two weeks (although not tracked). But if anything, cals are prob up as I'm having a drink approx every other night with my work schedule lately. Walking (so, step count) is down. Slightly shifted WO schedule: Used to be 4 days weight, 2 days cardio. Now it's 3 days weights, 2 days cardio.

Either way I'll take it and I'm feeling good! And now I know I'll hit my weight goals in December! Nice time for a weekend off from the weight room.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What ya sipping on, whiskey?
Depends on my mood. But right now my go to is either a bourbon (Angel's Envy) or rye (Redemption) on the rocks, or a beer. Occasionally I mix it up with a tequila (Teremana) over ice.

Just installed a proper home bar in my basement, so now I have a place to hang when the boys come over.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Depends on my mood. But right now my go to is either a bourbon (Angel's Envy) or rye (Redemption) on the rocks, or a beer. Occasionally I mix it up with a tequila (Teremana) over ice.

Just installed a proper home bar in my basement, so now I have a place to hang when the boys come over.
Try Buffalo Trace?

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Try Buffalo Trace?
Think I've had it before, but maybe I'll try and pick some up. That your go to?

Had a fat day on Friday. Was craving a burger, so hit up the Mickey D's around the corner. Smoky BLT quarter pounder, fries, and a medium coke. Had a 1/2 LAB cookie to top it all off. The whole thing was delicious.

Back in this AM for an arm session.

McGill Ex, Side Planks x10,5,3
Resistance band curls 20x3x15
Dips 3x12
EZ bar curls +45x10,10,8 - strength on curls is definitely down. It's actually more rep endurance though.
Close Grip BP 135x10,8, - this is a little rough on my wrist joints. Just recording in case it bothers me this week...
DB hammer curls 20x10,10,10

53:08, 160 cals

Pre: 2 scoops YOLO Darkside, 2 caps Recomp20. Powder is turning into more goop by the day. So just riding this out until no longer usable.
Soundtrack: Spotify, Eminem

Last edited:
BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Think I've had it before, but maybe I'll try and pick some up. That your go to?

Had a fat day on Friday. Was craving a burger, so hit up the Mickey D's around the corner. Smoky BLT quarter pounder, fries, and a medium coke. Had a 1/2 LAB cookie to top it all off. The whole thing was delicious.

Back in this AM for an arm session.

McGill Ex, Side Planks x10,5,3
Resistance band curls 20x3x15
Dips 3x12
EZ bar curls +45x10,10,8 - strength on curls is definitely down. It's actually more rep endurance though.
Close Grip BP 135x10,8, - this is a little rough on my wrist joints. Just recording in case it bothers me this week...
DB hammer curls 20x
DB kickbacks 20x

Pre: 2 scoops YOLO Darkside, 2 caps Recomp20. Powder is turning into more goop by the day. So just riding this out until no longer usable.
Soundtrack: Spotify, Eminem
I don't really fool with liquor to much. I had a swig of Trace I think it was Halloween night and it actually tasted really good for a not so expensive bottle.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I want to try Metallica's Blackened Rye, not so much because I think the idea of Metallica music being played loudly helps it age well in the barrels but because I can't imagine them putting out a bad whiskey. However I can see how the vibration of loud music might improve it.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I want to try Metallica's Blackened Rye, not so much because I think the idea of Metallica music being played loudly helps it age well in the barrels but because I can't imagine them putting out a bad whiskey. However I can see how the vibration of loud music might improve it.
Blackened isn’t half bad! This lil guy is one of top 3 ryes for me.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have not tried this. Making a note. My go to is Bulleit Rye, it was my first Rye and the one that got me into them. Holy crap does that say 129 proof? How rough is it on the way down?
Good luck finding it! It’s released once a year. Part of Buffalo Trace’s antique collection