Segansational's Motivation Log

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have not tried this. Making a note. My go to is Bulleit Rye, it was my first Rye and the one that got me into them. Holy crap does that say 129 proof? How rough is it on the way down?
Yezzir barrel proof, a purist’s delight. It’s gives a nice warm Kentucky hug but has a one of a kind taste.
It is truly damn near impossible to find these days, but, I have friends in low places lol. If you’re ever in CO I will gladly share a pour with ya

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good luck finding it! It’s released once a year. Part of Buffalo Trace’s antique collection
Do you know about what time of year? My guy at the liquor store will keep his eye out and call me for special things. After 20 years at the same liquor store we are buddies.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do you know about what time of year? My guy at the liquor store will keep his eye out and call me for special things. After 20 years at the same liquor store we are buddies.
They are advertising it pretty hard right now during Yellowstone on Sunday nights. Might be this time of year

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
They are advertising it pretty hard right now during Yellowstone on Sunday nights. Might be this time of year
What is Yellowstone on? I only have streaming services now.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Allocated bottles from different distillers being dropped now through the next few weeks

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yep. Now Weller and Buffalo trace products are gonna be 1000X harder to find (it was already bad).

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It’s normally in the fall months, Sept - November. There used to be a website that tracked when it was popping up. This year it was released at the beginning of October.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Holy Crap I just looked at the prices $899 999 a bottle. I could get a hack squat leg press combo for the house for that. Maybe I will get up to CO some time for that pour! :) Actually be heading to Denver early next year to move our Denver office. Not sure what area you are in.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Holy Crap I just looked at the prices $899 999 a bottle. I could get a hack squat leg press combo for the house for that. Maybe I will get up to CO some time for that pour! :) Actually be heading to Denver early next year to move our Denver office. Not sure what area you are in.
Yeah I would never pay those prices. Supply chain + hype = dead bourbon game. Denver is about 40 mins away. Give me a holler if ya like!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I would never pay those prices. Supply chain + hype = dead bourbon game. Denver is about 40 mins away. Give me a holler if ya like!
Awesome, maybe we can get a workout in and then have a drink together, or during ala Kabuki's Whiskey Deadlifts!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I want to try Metallica's Blackened Rye, not so much because I think the idea of Metallica music being played loudly helps it age well in the barrels but because I can't imagine them putting out a bad whiskey. However I can see how the vibration of loud music might improve it.
Now that sounds interesting! I heard of a brandy company that did the same with their barrels, although I think it was rap music. The idea was to help impart the barrel aging qualities faster.
Yeah, hard pass. There is no alcohol I would pay those kinds of prices for. Same with wine. Some of the prices for aged bottles are outrageous!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Now that sounds interesting! I heard of a brandy company that did the same with their barrels, although I think it was rap music. The idea was to help impart the barrel aging qualities faster.Yeah, hard pass. There is no alcohol I would pay those kinds of prices for. Same with wine. Some of the prices for aged bottles are outrageous!
Yeah I figured it was more about the bass vibrating it than anything so I can see how rap would be good for it as well if it works at all.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Been down and out lately with some type of cold, both me and my son. So it's been no workouts since Friday. But, back on the bike today for a few mins just to get the blood flowing. Hoping that I'll be back on track tomorrow for an early Thanksgiving WO to help fuel the feasts later on!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope you feel better and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hope you feel better and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanks Kleen, feeling better today and seems like the fam is too. Happy Thanksgiving!

Shoulders:
McGill Ex, Curl Ups x10,5,3
Rotator Cuff Ex, resistance bands 2x12
DB laterals x DB front raises 15x10,10,10
Seated DB Press 30x10, 40x7,6 - Back still doesn't feel 100% without a backed bench. So these are still a bit of a struggle.
Resistance band facepulls x bent over DB laterals: 20x12/10, 12/10, 12/10
EZ bar upright rows +50x10,10,10

46:03, 213 cals

Pre: 2 scoops YOLO Darkside, 2 caps Recomp20, 1.5 choc chip pancakes! Wife convinced me to cook breakfast before my WO, so made some pancakes with the kiddos. Figured I might as well partake, right?
Intra: Same as usual

Kids came downstairs for my last few sets. Had my son do some sit ups and push ups, then he acted as drill sergeant and counted reps for me.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
OK, post up what you bought for Black Friday!

I made purchases at Redcon1, Musclesport, Nutricartel, Vitamin Shoppe, Amazon. Some of the items I picked up were Ekkovision's Dethroner, Lean Whey limited edition flavors (Xmas cookie dough / cookie shake, etc.), EAAs, HBCD, electrolytes.

Deals weren't as good as I've seen in years past (general theme seemed to be ~30% discount), but still stocked up on basics plus a few fun items. What did others purchase?

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I made purchases at Redcon1, Musclesport, Nutricartel, Vitamin Shoppe, Amazon. Some of the items I picked up were Ekkovision's Dethroner, Lean Whey limited edition flavors (Xmas cookie dough / cookie shake, etc.), EAAs, HBCD, electrolytes.

Deals weren't as good as I've seen in years past (general theme seemed to be ~30% discount), but still stocked up on basics plus a few fun items. What did others purchase?
Redcon had the nice backpack etc etc deal even on a 50$ purchase

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I got 2 bottles CEL Lipo Elite, and a bottle of Cardarine from MA Research, trying to figure out what I should do for a good preworkout. About halfway through my Juice Daddy and Daft Pump and spoiled to them now. Really like the energy profile of Juice Daddy. Got any recommendations?

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Redcon had the nice backpack etc etc deal even on a 50$ purchase
Yeah, I was a little peeved when I found out that now they're running the BOGO instead of just the 35% off, but oh well. The backpack looks good though. Anytime I can snag a free bag of some sort, game over!
I got 2 bottles CEL Lipo Elite, and a bottle of Cardarine from MA Research, trying to figure out what I should do for a good preworkout. About halfway through my Juice Daddy and Daft Pump and spoiled to them now. Really like the energy profile of Juice Daddy. Got any recommendations?
Nice grab! I'll be running Lipo Elite in the near future. Got some AnabolicXT on deck first though. @sns8778 is the brand of the people!

As for pre's, tough call. I mostly do high stim rotations. So if you're into that sort of thing (DMHA), Zeus and Hyp'd Supps YOLO Dark are the two currently for me. Clean energy, not manic. Feel good too, particularly Zeus.

I also have Convict Stim, Defiant Unleashed, El Chapo, Decim8, Assassin v8 for others in that same vein.

For more regular stim options I have plenty of OG and the newer Juice Daddy, tons of Total War, and some other odds and ends. But those are my main go to's.

For those comprehensive pre's, looking forward to giving Dethroner a shot. And Musclesport Kings Ransom/Forbidden Fruit are stacked profiles.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Had a really nice Thanksgiving holiday. Hosted on Friday and everyone had a good time, and only ended up with one broken bench and a twisted zipline, so that's a win in my book. LOL. Was a bit of a waste the next day though, so decided to get up this morning to get a workout in to feel productive:

McGill Ex, Bird Dogs x10,5,3 - left hip flexor felt really tight this morning, so tried to work it out between this and some stretching.
TRX squats 3x12
TRX alt lunges 3x12
TRX calf raises 3x15

PAUSE, son woke up here, so about a 20 min pause before I could finish up my WO.

BB squats 135x10,10,10 - right now my stamina starts to wane at about rep #6. But these felt OK this AM, so will work with this for a bit to get form back under me.

32:09, 120 cals

Knees felt a little off this morning too, joints just kept popping during this session. But every workout spent is better than a missed one!

Pre: 1 scoop OG Juice Daddy, 1 scoop Daft Pump, 2 caps Recomp20

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This cough won't go away. Didn't want to get up this AM, but did it anyways.

Back WO.

Neutral Grip Pullups x8,7,6

Deadlifts:
Warm up with straight arm resistance band pressdowns x10
Deads: 135x10,8,8
Did the warm up on 1st and 3rd sets. Saw a video talking about locking in the lats using that technique.

TRX rows 3x10

36:18, 143 cals

Didn't capture my stretching/warm up exercises, so prob closer to a 40+ min WO. Wanted to do some more barbell work, but opted to not push it since my side was giving me a bit of a twinge yesterday.

Pre: 2 scoop YOLO Darkside, 2 caps Recomp20

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Keeping giving your back lots of rehab attention and respect in your training. You are walking a tightrope loading it like this so soon, so when in doubt, hold back for now. Only push on things that are seated or laying that don’t test your bracing.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Keeping giving your back lots of rehab attention and respect in your training. You are walking a tightrope loading it like this so soon, so when in doubt, hold back for now. Only push on things that are seated or laying that don’t test your bracing.
Yeah, that's why I've been only doing light weight and purposely not pushing too hard yet. Just doing what would've been more warm up weights until I get the rhythm back and don't feel so winded (that's probably more the side effect of this cold). McGill exercises have been a big help too, so thanks for that recommendation!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This is me right now too. Still trying to figure out what I will do on my next lower body day. It may become a shoulder and arms fluff workout outside of doing some back rehab and leg extensions.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just a little update here.

No surprise, but weighed in at a fluffy 159.6# after some holiday feasting.

Here's the first Black Friday order I picked up from VS:

20221126_185700.jpg

Also, was digging through some old stuff and found a stash of DVDs that I thought you'd all appreciate. Animal was one of the first "hardcore" brands I was introduced to early on. I always got amped up going to the Cage! Popped in the Journey to Capo DVD while on the bike this morning. Man, makes you want to just go lift something heavy! Lillebridge's are featured in it, along with a few other powerlifters.

20221129_085005.jpg

And last, but not least, guess I need to redeem some @sns8778 labels!

20221129_090228.jpg

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That's some good nostalgia right there!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's some good nostalgia right there!
For sure! Good inspirational material. Just hard working dudes, slinging weights!

Chest WO.

Rotator cuff ex, resistance bands 2x12
TRX chest press 3x12
Bench Press, 95x10
135x8,8,7
Incline DB press 50x7,7,7

45:46, 189 cals

Pre: 1 cup of coffee, 1 scoop OG Juice Daddy, 1 scoop Daft Pump, 2 caps Recomp20

Pretty much at the end of my Daft Pump, maybe have 1/2 a scoop left? Also finished up my TTA and RK-125 this week, so will basically ride with just Recomp20 this week and next.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cardio only this AM. Poor sleep last night as my son was up probably 6x's or so...

Stretching, Bird Dogs, 30 mins, 197 cals on the bike.

Pre: 1 scoop Performax Fitmax. This stuff is like OG before rebrand old. Have just had it sitting in the cabinet all these years, so decided, why not?
Intra: IsoAmino and electrolytes.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cardio only this AM. Poor sleep last night as my son was up probably 6x's or so...

Stretching, Bird Dogs, 30 mins, 197 cals on the bike.

Pre: 1 scoop Performax Fitmax. This stuff is like OG before rebrand old. Have just had it sitting in the cabinet all these years, so decided, why not?
Intra: IsoAmino and electrolytes.
First off that shirt is bad ass!

Secondly I am jealous as hell that you can have a pre-workout for years and it doesn't turn into a gelatinous goo. Here in Houston the humidity doesn't allow it. If I don't finish them quickly they just turn into a sludge I have no way to tell how much I am using. LOL some days over stimmed some days I miss the mark.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First off that shirt is bad ass!

Secondly I am jealous as hell that you can have a pre-workout for years and it doesn't turn into a gelatinous goo. Here in Houston the humidity doesn't allow it. If I don't finish them quickly they just turn into a sludge I have no way to tell how much I am using. LOL some days over stimmed some days I miss the mark.
Oof, I hear you on that. Unfortunately that's how my YOLO Darkside is going... and I definitely need to back off on the dosing I think because dry scoops of powder vs tightly packed goo is not the same amount!

It's very product dependent though. I have a bunch of Neogenix stuff back from when I repped that is more or less like this Fitmax tub, solid and a little moist, but not goopy like the YOLO.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Arm WO.

McGill Curl Ups x10,5,3
Resistance band triceps pressdowns 3x15
Resistance band biceps curls x10,12,12
Dips 3x10
EZ bar curls +45x10,10,10
EZ bar Skull Crushers +45x8,8 superset with Chin ups x6,5

46:31, 121 cals

Pre: 1 scoop OG Juice Daddy, 1/2 scoop Daft Pump, 2 caps Recomp20

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Shoulders:

McGill Ex, Side Planks x10,5,3
Rotator Cuff Ex, resistance bands 2x12
DB laterals x DB front raises 15x10,10,10

Behind the neck seated BB press, +40x10,10,10 - Still keeping anything that compresses my spine and requires a tight core pretty light.

Resistance band facepulls x bent over DB laterals: 20# x12,12,12 / 15# x10,10,10

38:14, 125 cals

Cough mostly managed although I'm still popping menthol cough drops and Robitussin. Workout schedule will be messed up this week as I have to travel early for work tomorrow and am out of town for a few days.

Pre: 1.5 scoops YOLO Darkside, 2 caps Recomp20.
Intra: 1 scoop IsoAmino, 1 packet electrolytes, 3g micro creatine, 1/2 scoop Cluster Bomb, 2g Peak02. Just picked up some Axe & Sledge Peak02 to help out with the endurance issue. Will be adding this intra-WO on all WO days (weights & cardio). A few of the EAA blends I picked up for Black Friday also have Peak02 in them.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just a little update here.

No surprise, but weighed in at a fluffy 159.6# after some holiday feasting.

Here's the first Black Friday order I picked up from VS:

View attachment 225418

Also, was digging through some old stuff and found a stash of DVDs that I thought you'd all appreciate. Animal was one of the first "hardcore" brands I was introduced to early on. I always got amped up going to the Cage! Popped in the Journey to Capo DVD while on the bike this morning. Man, makes you want to just go lift something heavy! Lillebridge's are featured in it, along with a few other powerlifters.

View attachment 225419

And last, but not least, guess I need to redeem some @sns8778 labels!

View attachment 225420
Jealous, I have a huge redcon order that hasn't even shipped yet

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back from work trip, so back in the gym.

Legs.
TRX squats 3x15
TRX alt lunges 3x12
TRX calf raises 3x15
BB squats 135x10,10,10
Foam rolling.

46:30, 131 cals

Pre: 1 scoop Total War, 2 caps Recomp20
Intra: 1 scoop IsoAmino, 1 scoop Canteen, 2g Peak02, 3g micro creatine, 1/2 scoop Cluster Bomb

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do you feel you get something extra out of TRX squats, lunges and stuff compared to just normal body weight ones? I have a TRX but have never used it for any of those movements.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do you feel you get something extra out of TRX squats, lunges and stuff compared to just normal body weight ones? I have a TRX but have never used it for any of those movements.
Well, I tend to use higher rep ranges when using bodyweight/TRX. And given my lower back issues I'm still keeping it light. But also, I know at least for lunges I feel more comfortable with TRX since it takes out some of the stabilization needed. I feel a bit unbalanced when doing DB lunges, particularly if standing in place vs walking.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Took my last dose of Recomp20 today. Since I missed some workouts this week due to travel, will probably still get at least one more in over the weekend.

Hopped on the bike for some cardio after doing some side plank work this AM (31:11, 170 cals). FitMax again pre-WO, added the Peak02 to the intra.

Will be starting up some AnabolicXT on Monday to get me rolling through the holidays. Last Black Friday order came in, so will be posting that up soon.

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Late morning WO. Had a bowl of cereal and a cup of coffee prior. Usually I workout on an empty stomach.

Bird Dogs x10,5,3
Neutral grip pull ups x8,6,5
TRX rows 3x10
Single arm DB rows 50x10,10,10
Underhand BB rows +40# 3x12

40:58, 138 cals

Pre: 1 scoop Zeus
Intra: 1 scoop IsoAmino, 1 scoop Canteen, 2g Peak02, 3g micro creatine, 1/2 scoop Cluster Bomb

Took @Hyde advice and went very light on loading today. Went more for a good pump.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Morning fellas, went and got some fasted bloodwork yesterday to check on how things are looking. Looks like they may have forgotten to run the testosterone panel, so may mean another visit back at some point... but lipids were the ones wanted to check up on as I've had borderline high LDL and lower HDL in the past:

Total cholesterol, 186 mg/dL
Triglycerides, 108 mg/dL
HDL, 46 mg/dL
LDL, 120 mg/dL

So it looks like my HDL has bounced back in range, but my LDL is still on the high side. Open to suggestions here, but looks like more omega-3s and/or fiber (psyllium husk) might help?

Cardio this AM (LISS, bike) with McGill Curl Ups and stretching.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Morning fellas, went and got some fasted bloodwork yesterday to check on how things are looking. Looks like they may have forgotten to run the testosterone panel, so may mean another visit back at some point... but lipids were the ones wanted to check up on as I've had borderline high LDL and lower HDL in the past:

Total cholesterol, 186 mg/dL
Triglycerides, 108 mg/dL
HDL, 46 mg/dL
LDL, 120 mg/dL

So it looks like my HDL has bounced back in range, but my LDL is still on the high side. Open to suggestions here, but looks like more omega-3s and/or fiber (psyllium husk) might help?

Cardio this AM (LISS, bike) with McGill Curl Ups and stretching.
I believe there is a ratio for ldl/hdl that is more important then just the numbers themselves but unfortunately I can't remember right now. I bet @Hyde might know. Otherwise, are you tracking blood glucose if insulin sensitivity is off you will produce extra ldl.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
More fiber, veggies, more cardio, & you are consuming too much sugar/processed foods for what you can tolerate, unfortunately.

My triglycerides were 91 while eating over 5,000 calories a day weighing 265 in September. Normally they are in the 70s. So your body is fairly insulin resistant for your size likely, or at least needing to produce a lot of insulin to control blood glucose.

LDL isn’t worrisome and HDL is good, but your triglycerides show a problem, cardiovascularly. Lay off bread, added sugars, excess fruit (anything over 1-2 pieces daily). Focus on nuts, veggies, whole dairy, meats, truly whole grains, and avoid added sugar. Consider tightening your normal feeding windows some.

The diet is way more relevant than cardio; you will need a lot of HIIT to offset metabolic markers being off without adjusting diet.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, that's no fun! Our family's diet is pretty whole grain heavy, but probably light on the veggie side. Sugar is probably the culprit for me with my sweet tooth.

On the plus side, the test results came in. Didn't do a full hormone panel, but did have total / free test. Interested in feedback here:

Total testosterone (serum): 519 ng/dL
Free testosterone (direct): 12.5 ng/dL

Both show I'm in range, but my gut says free T is a little on the low side. But, for my age I've also seen ref ranges that would put me more on the middle/high side.

AM workout, chest.

McGill Ex, Side Planks x10,5,3
Rotator cuff ex, resistance band 2x12,12

Bench press, suicide grip:
105x10
140x6
170x3,3,2 - these weren't pretty, but was happy to move a little more weight this morning, which was the goal.

Neutral grip push ups x15,15,10
TRX chest press 3x12

49:19, 208 cals

Pre: 3 caps AnabolicXT, 1 scoop Zeus
Intra: Same as previous

Son woke up early and that distracted me a bit, had to interrupt my workout a few times to get him back to sleep. Looking forward to how AnabolicXT treats me since it's been getting good attention from well reputed AM members.

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
he's got an awesome outlaw sound.. I feel like outlaw country has been going through a revival lately. Good stuff.

Yeah, shipping especially around the holiday deals is always slow. But, the tactical bag is pretty sweet and seemingly pretty good quality. Here are my other orders to make folks jealous!

View attachment 225714
I am jealous. Still haven't received my black friday order yet but they finally gave me tracking yesterday. I'm thinking about actually giving the tactical bag to my boy since he's showing an interest in lifting and filling it with random gym **** like shaker, wraps, etc.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, that's no fun! Our family's diet is pretty whole grain heavy, but probably light on the veggie side. Sugar is probably the culprit for me with my sweet tooth.
Same here, lol. This makes me think about Mark Twain, "The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not."