Ron Paul to the rescue?

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
These definitely need to be looked at.

H. R. 3394 - Freedom of Health Speech Act

To amend the Federal Trade Commission Act concerning the burden of proof in false advertising cases involving dietary supplements and dietary ingredients.

http://thomas.loc.gov/home/gpoxmlc111/h3394_ih.xml

H. R. 3395 - Health Freedom Act

To amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act concerning claims about the effects of foods and dietary supplements on health-related conditions and disease, and for other purposes.

GovTrack: H.R. 3395: Text of Legislation, Introduced in House

H.R. 3396 - Congressional Responsibility and Accountability Act

To amend title 5, United States Code, to prohibit agencies from enforcing rules that result in a specified economic impact until the requirements of those rules are enacted into law by an Act of Congress, and for other purposes.

GovTrack: H.R. 3396: Text of Legislation, Introduced in House

Great bills if you ask me :O
Well, it seems like hes fighting the good fight against the FDA?

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I like that about R. Paul, he is all about freedom to put in our bodys what we choose, instead of the psycho government deciding for us.......

mDeezy

mDeezy

Awards
  • Established
i'm an online poker player and ron paul does the same type of things for legalization of online poker. he's basically all about freedom to do whatever you want with your money in the comfort of your own home, without any government intervention

building mass

building mass

Awards
Ron paul is the man. Ron paul 2012!!!!!!!!!

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
unfortunately he will never be elected. he associates himself with Reps and he wont win their nomination. Even if he did run as an independant, those parties never win even 10% of the votes. Good man though.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
unfortunately he will never be elected. he associates himself with Reps and he wont win their nomination. Even if he did run as an independant, those parties never win even 10% of the votes. Good man though.

by reps do you mean republicans? after obama sucking so bad and being the worst thing ever for the USA, i dont think people are gonna think twice about voting republican in 2010/2012.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I love your reasoning. What exactly has Obama done that you think sucked so bad? So far he has been at work everyday addressing issues (Iraq, credit card reform, $hitty healthcare) He has made more moves in the past 6 months than GWBush in the past 8 years. Regardless, the point of my post was that Ron Paul is way more democratic than republican and therefore wouldnt get the Rep nomination.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
While I do believe in freedom to do what you want with your money, I also think self destructive things should still be illegal. Dont let extremists say heroin should be legal...it serves no benefits where AAS or supplements do. Or even weed. or honestly for people who like cig's....thats their issue, its been a tradition forever, let em die of cancer, but dont support their medical bills...simple as that. That is fine, but take em out of the loop. What people want to do, should be ok, but they should be tagged for what they are.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
I love your reasoning. What exactly has Obama done that you think sucked so bad? So far he has been at work everyday addressing issues (Iraq, credit card reform, $hitty healthcare) He has made more moves in the past 6 months than GWBush in the past 8 years. Regardless, the point of my post was that Ron Paul is way more democratic than republican and therefore wouldnt get the Rep nomination.

lol? you cannot possibly still be backing your superhero obama.

i will grant you he has made more moves in the past 6 months than GW did the past 8 years. but um, thats not a good thing. his '' quick moves'' being extended abortion, adding 750 bil to the deficit which did nothing, and now he is trying to get people to sign something huge ( your healthcare bill) they havnt even read.

so, to refresh , under obama :

we get higher taxes, ( thanks obama, appreciate it )
get to abort our kids easier, and now the govt might cover it.
higher unemployment
and get some healthcare bill no one has read ( but the anointed one is pushing it hard, so its good )

thats all im gonna say. its so silly to try to argue that hes not complete trash, so i wont entertain it.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established

i will grant you he has made more moves in the past 6 months than GW did the past 8 years. but um, thats not a good thing. his '' quick moves'' being extended abortion, adding 750 bil to the deficit which did nothing, and now he is trying to get people to sign something huge ( your healthcare bill) they havnt even read.

higher unemployment
and get some healthcare bill no one has read ( but the anointed one is pushing it hard, so its good )

thats all im gonna say. its so silly to try to argue that hes not complete trash, so i wont entertain it.
If you are gonna call a man complete trash you should at least make a decent argument.

1. Which taxes exactly has gone up under Obama? The promise was made to raise them on the top 2% of population. However no taxes were actually raised and those plans are currently suspended. Some of the stimulus actually went towards lowering middle class tax brackets (including mine) which lowered my taxes by a little bit, but it all counts.

2. You have a conservative view on abortion. I have a freedom of choice view on abortion. If you haven't heard, that is also the approach of the Dem. party which constitutes a large percentage of the population. So just because someone has a different view on abortion, supplements, types of oatmeal, etc this doesn't make them "complete trash".

3. Higher unemployment is a direct result of our economy being in recession, which is sort of a result of the last 8 years of administration. Last time I checked that was your boy GW Bush's time in office.

4. There has been a need for a healthcare reform for decades. The costs are through the roof, insurance companies deny coverage to cancer patients and raise their rates every year (including mine), people keep dying in ambulances because it takes forever to find a hospital that accepts their insurance, old people are left to hang paying all their money for prescriptions and premiums that also keep rising. Should I keep going?

Instead of sounding like someone who knows absolutely nothing about politics and what is really going on in our country, take a minute and read a little. No one is calling Obama a superhero, just another man trying to improve this country that you live in.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you are gonna call a man complete trash you should at least make a decent argument.

1. Which taxes exactly has gone up under Obama? The promise was made to raise them on the top 2% of population. However no taxes were actually raised and those plans are currently suspended. Some of the stimulus actually went towards lowering middle class tax brackets (including mine) which lowered my taxes by a little bit, but it all counts.

2. You have a conservative view on abortion. I have a freedom of choice view on abortion. If you haven't heard, that is also the approach of the Dem. party which constitutes a large percentage of the population. So just because someone has a different view on abortion, supplements, types of oatmeal, etc this doesn't make them "complete trash".

3. Higher unemployment is a direct result of our economy being in recession, which is sort of a result of the last 8 years of administration. Last time I checked that was your boy GW Bush's time in office.

4. There has been a need for a healthcare reform for decades. The costs are through the roof, insurance companies deny coverage to cancer patients and raise their rates every year (including mine), people keep dying in ambulances because it takes forever to find a hospital that accepts their insurance, old people are left to hang paying all their money for prescriptions and premiums that also keep rising. Should I keep going?

Instead of sounding like someone who knows absolutely nothing about politics and what is really going on in our country, take a minute and read a little. No one is calling Obama a superhero, just another man trying to improve this country that you live in.
I do not have time to debunk everything here, but lets get something strait. The economy collapsed from the Civil Relief Act being passed by Carter and given new legs by clinton. Riding high on that everyone gets a house wave, and then came crashing down (Like everyone knew it would). Clintons administration was the one to require banks to give loans to every tom **** and harry. What happens when you loan money that cannot be paid?

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
He hasnt done **** for the two wars, credit card reform was put in place because people are too ****ing stupid to manage their own credit and the government needs to be their nanny, healthcare does need reform but not his version. Doing lots in the last 6 months, like the stimulus, doesnt mean its good. Ron Paul isnt more democratic, thats assenine.

Obama will do nothing more than increase the federal governments size and influence and our dependence on them. THis used to be a country where people were responsible for themselves and it worked. Some people ****ed up and it sucked to be them but thats just how it was. Now we have this strange sense of entitlement. I cant afford health insurance! Its the governments fault! See that rich guy!? Make him pay for me since he has more than me! ****ing stupidity.

Taxes will increase if he gets done what he wants to.

If abortion is truely killing a human child, then its murder. We are limited in certain ways. I cant kill you in the name of freedom.

Blaming GW for the economy is probably one of the stupidest things people can do. A bunch of ****head bankers made some ****ty loans and pawned it off and then somehow its the governments fault?

You need to pull your head out of Obamas lap. Where was all this understanding when Bush was in office.

Obama is oft compared to Jesus Christ himself. Its a pathetic tribute to todays America that it can be so swept up by someone who wasnt even in washington 2 years before he was elected. They honestly believed a politician running on a change platform. ****ing idiots.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established

higher unemployment

I really whant to like the guy, but his main accomplishment so far seems to be that bailout that didn't even by us a good month. I really do whant to like the guy, but c'mon!

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established

Although your points make sense af far as as your positionality percieves...
Obama is a figure head puppet who is and has repeatedly acted on the best interest of big banks, big buisness and merely acts as a frontman for those pulling his strings. He comes out of nowhere to run the slickest, longest and most well funded campaing in american political history. You would have to be extremely nieve to think that he wasnt a smooth talking salesman who is simply playing up the product, whatever it may be.

Understand this, nothing he will do is done merely for the people it is primarily done to satiate his handlers an on occasion may infact also serve to help a few fortunate souls.

Obama has lied. He has done nothing to change anything other than to contribute to the problems already present and likely to create many more. Once the backs of america are broken they will either
1) lay in defeat, poor, hungry and destitute OR
2) revolt, fight back and through a revolution, take back the country from the tyrants who run it.

I cant spend all day proving to you why i say this, in fact it may be a waste as well as long as you think that a elitist puppet is going to do anything FOR YOU. He is not acting for the people by the people he is acting for wallstreet and bankers and like i said you may catch some benefits as well.

All i can attribute to him is he has done major damage to the economy, to civil rights, personal freedom, violated the trust and hope of hardworking americans and along the way he might do a thing or two that some people kinda like.
Obama is a media darling not a president, leader or man of the people.

How long it takes to make people realise that democracy is dead, act and get it back will dictate how many lives are lost how many freedoms taken and how many hearts are broken.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I do not have time to debunk everything here, but lets get something strait. The economy collapsed from the Civil Relief Act being passed by Carter and given new legs by clinton. Riding high on that everyone gets a house wave, and then came crashing down (Like everyone knew it would). Clintons administration was the one to require banks to give loans to every tom **** and harry. What happens when you loan money that cannot be paid?
Yea and I can say that during the last 8 years of Rep. presidency there has been a complete lack of regulation in the financial sector, which is what Republicans fully support, allowing financial companies to make huge bad investments knowing that they would be ultimately bailed out by the government. Clinton may have pushed for more available credit, but the unethical ways that banks went about giving these loans is also to blame. We could argue about that all day, that's just political opinions, and we are both correct in our own way. The point that I was making is that you obviously can't blame a president that has been in office for 6 months for the increase in unemployment. We are still dealing with the momentum of this all out borrowing/no regulation period.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
I usually stay out of politics on this board, but I've just got one simple thing to say about all this back and forth who's to blame. If you'r in debt, your guilty. You can't get upset about the government or who's in office raising our debt and spending money foolishly if you do the exact same thing. I was taught, if you don't have the money for it, wait 'til ya do. Back on topic, your rights end where mine begin. I'm all for hands off government, as long as I'm not footing the bill for the people who abuse their bodies and the system. Not pissing on anyone here, just stating my opinion. Carry on.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Yea and I can say that during the last 8 years of Rep. presidency there has been a complete lack of regulation in the financial sector, which is what Republicans fully support, allowing financial companies to make huge bad investments knowing that they would be ultimately bailed out by the government. Clinton may have pushed for more available credit, but the unethical ways that banks went about giving these loans is also to blame. We could argue about that all day, that's just political opinions, and we are both correct in our own way. The point that I was making is that you obviously can't blame a president that has been in office for 6 months for the increase in unemployment. We are still dealing with the momentum of this all out borrowing/no regulation period.
I cant remember exact details but there was a law passed that forced lenders to give mortgages to immigrants and inflated the housing bubble. Ill look it up.

This whole pass this huge bill without reading it buisness was done by bush and is still happening with obama.

Its gov regulation and medling that cause problems. The great depression and this one will always be remembered for how they fked it up worse by trying to manipulate the market.

YouTube - Ron Paul on the cause and solution for the housing bubble

smutty

smutty

Awards
As a republican it pains me to vote for a dem , but I had to this year. The republicans have no vision. There big slogan Drill baby Drill. This to me sounds like they want to go backwards,also they are too tight with the mystics denying science and evolution. I won't be voting for any republican till this changes. Maybe Ron Paul

alkaline1968

alkaline1968

Awards
As a poly sci graduate been screaming Ron Paul for years, glad more people are catching on.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I cant remember exact details but there was a law passed that forced lenders to give mortgages to immigrants and inflated the housing bubble. Ill look it up.

This whole pass this huge bill without reading it buisness was done by bush and is still happening with obama.

Its gov regulation and medling that cause problems. The great depression and this one will always be remembered for how they fked it up worse by trying to manipulate the market.

YouTube - Ron Paul on the cause and solution for the housing bubble
Bam... It is not often that I agree with SWG, but he hit it hard right here.

It wasn't deregulation that ****ed things up, it was government stepping in (More regulation) that jacked things up. It happens in everything they touch. Here, lets touch a few subjects.

Heath care - Prices didnt skyrocket until Medicare/Medicaide and then made a huge jump with Part-D. Subsidization of HMO's really fxcked things up.

Social Security - Was supposed to end years ago, now people are reliant, and it will never go away... oh yeah... and it is bankrupt.

I wont even go into section 8/HUD.

This is the same Government that imposed prohibition.

Lets not forget HR3200 allows abortions on the Government dime, meaning the tax payer. And how about on page 59 lines 21-24, it says the government will have access to my checking account so it can make electronic transfers from my account.

I could go on and on... so anyone here tell me one good reason why you trust this government for anything?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As a republican it pains me to vote for a dem , but I had to this year. The republicans have no vision. There big slogan Drill baby Drill. This to me sounds like they want to go backwards,also they are too tight with the mystics denying science and evolution. I won't be voting for any republican till this changes. Maybe Ron Paul
I am not a republican in anyway, more of a conservative libertarian, but let me ask one thing. You choose what is happening today over drilling for our own oil independence?

GodofWine

GodofWine

Awards
by reps do you mean republicans? after obama sucking so bad and being the worst thing ever for the USA, i dont think people are gonna think twice about voting republican in 2010/2012.
:sigh1::lol5::sigh1::lol5::sigh1::lol5:

JasonblkZ06

Awards
More moves huh? I have to disagree with you about Obama trying to change everything. I am one of those types that says government - get the F*** out of my life. I don't need you and I don't want you. Let us live our lives and keep more of our money. Everything you touch you screw up, it fails, and then it goes bankrupt.

I guess you want things handed to you like the rest of the dependents? Good thing you weren't in NO during Katrina waiting to be rescued. All of the taxpayers GTFO before it hit leaving the dependents behind to complain about the government. Ron Paul more democratic than Republican? That is like saying the sky is wetter than the ocean, it just isn't true. LOL, Wow, no wonder we are in trouble.

smutty

smutty

Awards
I am not a republican in anyway, more of a conservative libertarian, but let me ask one thing. You choose what is happening today over drilling for our own oil independence?
Absolutely, Solar,wind and fusion are the future. To me hearing drill baby drill is like saying we need more typewriters instead of computers. The price of oil came down not from more supply but from the speculators getting out.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The Republican party as we knew it no longer exists. However, those that are poiticians will run from the sinking ship to whatever will get votes.

This Healthcare fiasco is causing a third party to form pretty damn fast - with a more open mind to libertarianism (granted, most don't "get it" and are just knee-jerking)...which could, at the VERY least, give us a shot to change things and see if it succeeds

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didn't vote for Obama but really wanted to like him...... but lately I think he doesn't know a thing.

Also.....no one is dying in Ambulances because of insurance..... I hope you were using hyperbole. Ambulances take you too the closest hospital that has the class needed per the case. Hospitals also treat EVERYONE that comes in and cannot turn away someone who is sick because of lack of funds, even more so in an Emergency situation.

Azaloth

Awards

Good post and good avatar. Reps for you.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
The Republican party as we knew it no longer exists. However, those that are poiticians will run from the sinking ship to whatever will get votes.

This Healthcare fiasco is causing a third party to form pretty damn fast - with a more open mind to libertarianism (granted, most don't "get it" and are just knee-jerking)...which could, at the VERY least, give us a shot to change things and see if it succeeds
Thats what i think and then another gimmick comes along... the next one will be a hispanic female who is preaching about rights... Or maybe a shamwow will run for president after someone makes one that makes coffee also.
"Hey i spill the coffee but i clean it up so well!"

They would be a darling of this whole green movement that involves big buisness ruining the globe to give us crap that breaks down and then makes us cut back and pay big for our alleged carbon footprint.
Campaign will be funded big pharma while drugs and chemicals make us sick and then they have the chemicals to treat the symptoms !!

Im in!

People need to put down the ipod, put down the supersized fries, get off the meds, take a walk and read some independant news that isnt spoonfeeding propaganda.
People need to understand what is happening to democracy and how wallstreet, the banks and big buisness are pulling the strings and everyone is getting drunk on public paid for koolaid.

I hope to god someone does something so drastic, so brutal and horrific that people fight for their rights. America hasnt hit bottom yet, and it will take a bold move, more bold than the patriot act, more bold than posse comitatus, more bold than a war on terror and bolder than the reform to the food supply...... I really dont want to know what it is thats going to push things over the edge... hopefully this healthcare fiasco.

xink

Awards
  • Established
Wow... This thread has gone a little off course... ;)

That aside I will agree that Ron Paul is the man.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
i'm an online poker player and ron paul does the same type of things for legalization of online poker. he's basically all about freedom to do whatever you want with your money in the comfort of your own home, without any government intervention
then when people gamble their money away and go bankrupt my taxes have to pay for their welfare checks. i hate to say it but a lot of people aren't smart enough to take care of themselves.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established

higher unemployment

did nothing? it kept 90% of the major banks and car companies from folding. he didn't give us high unemployment that was inherited from the bush regime and nobody has read the heathcare bill? do u realize government spending is what brings u out of a recession and that if u let all the major banks fold the economy probably would have collapsed completely? i love how people blindly follow a party and can't think for themselves on an issue. fox news here we come

phL8Tme

phL8Tme

Awards
Hey guys, both sides have nade a mad rush to the middle. Both parties are the problem. The only way to send a message is to vote for ANYBODY but incumbant!

Remember, only about 60% of the pop. votes. Get out there and get rid of the pukes in office.

People are fed up!

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, both sides have nade a mad rush to the middle. Both parties are the problem. The only way to send a message is to vote for ANYBODY but incumbant!

Remember, only about 60% of the pop. votes. Get out there and get rid of the pukes in office.

People are fed up!
too bad power corrupts almost everybody. the problem is u have to have money to get anywhere in politics usually and those people are normally born into it and have no idea what it's like to be a normal person

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
did nothing? it kept 90% of the major banks and car companies from folding. he didn't give us high unemployment that was inherited from the bush regime and nobody has read the heathcare bill? do u realize government spending is what brings u out of a recession and that if u let all the major banks fold the economy probably would have collapsed completely? i love how people blindly follow a party and can't think for themselves on an issue. fox news here we come
LOL, WUT?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I feel the same way. People I never thought would vote libertarian (my family for example) I've persuaded otherwise. My Mom doesn't necessarily feel some things should be legal, but I'm finally starting to get it through her head that for her to live her life, you have to let other people live theirs.

Libertarians unite.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I feel the same way. People I never thought would vote libertarian (my family for example) I've persuaded otherwise. My Mom doesn't necessarily feel some things should be legal, but I'm finally starting to get it through her head that for her to live her life, you have to let other people live theirs.

Libertarians unite.

they actually had some twat on Rachel Maddow last night calling the American public that disagrees with them The Jerry Springers, uneducated and ill-mannered.

Keep digging...keep digging.

Of course, the administration has the Vets pissed off now, too.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
they actually had some twat on Rachel Maddow last night calling the American public that disagrees with them The Jerry Springers, uneducated and ill-mannered.

Keep digging...keep digging.

Of course, the administration has the Vets pissed off now, too.
I could care less about "twats" on Rachel Maddow. It's when the President of the US tells me to "shut up" and let him "fix the mess", or when the Speaker of the House says we're "Nazis with swastika tattoos" that really irks me.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I could care less about "twats" on Rachel Maddow. It's when the President of the US tells me to "shut up" and let him "fix the mess", or when the Speaker of the House says we're "Nazis with swastika tattoos" that really irks me.
It's all revealing about the prevailing mindset of the current "in-powers" Smug and smarter than you - so shut up.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are they all really so shallow to believe that the only possible reason for our disagreement with them is that we're racist? - They're f*cking scared, and we know it.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
then when people gamble their money away and go bankrupt my taxes have to pay for their welfare checks. i hate to say it but a lot of people aren't smart enough to take care of themselves.
Funny, cause Ron Paul is against welfare there turbo.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Guess we didn't sky rocket above that 8% unemployment Obama promised huh? Are we going to hear 4 years of this whole inherited BS? Read up and you will find this started well before Bush.

Leave the propaganda in the media and do some of your own research. Your thinking blindly comment is very much your own problem, especially as most of the people here are not Blue or Red.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
Guess we didn't sky rocket above that 8% unemployment Obama promised huh? Are we going to hear 4 years of this whole inherited BS? Read up and you will find this started well before Bush.

Leave the propaganda in the media and do some of your own research. Your thinking blindly comment is very much your own problem, especially as most of the people here are not Blue or Red.
if all this started 9 years ago then then bush had 8 years to fix it and it went downhill the whole time. it's not propaganda it's fact. cause what obama is doing is eerily similar to what roosevelt did to get us out of the great depression. and even if it started well before bush he still inherited it. by what you said u are claiming it started before he got there yet it's BS to say he inherited it.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
Funny, cause Ron Paul is against welfare there turbo.
haha who's turbo? is that supposed to be an insult? i didn't say i didn't agree with letting people do whatever they want it's just people can't handle it. i don't think welfare should exist the way it does now. it needs to be shorter and not reward people for having more kids while they sit home take and sell drugs and make more money than u or i would working our asses off. random drug tests are desperately needed for people on welfare.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if all this started 9 years ago then then bush had 8 years to fix it and it went downhill the whole time. it's not propaganda it's fact. cause what obama is doing is eerily similar to what roosevelt did to get us out of the great depression. and even if it started well before bush he still inherited it. by what you said u are claiming it started before he got there yet it's BS to say he inherited it.
Roosevelt's true role in bringing us out of the depression is one of the most hotly debated topics there is. Folks like you like to use the Roosevelt model to claim full credit (thus justifying whipping out the big daddy model when we hit natural slumps), whereas MANY MANY are of the opinion that we were already on a natural upswing when headed into WW2 anyway, and that Roosevelt's programs might have even slowed recovery.

simmons

simmons

Awards
  • Established
Do YOU realize that big-government "solutions" have caused this mess in the first place?

You say you "love how people blindly follow a party and can't think for themselves on an issue." I agree that it is absurd to blindly follow a political party. I believe it's even more absurd to make a statement that is critical of others, while you are guilty of the exact behavior you consider to be stupid. Hypocrisy?

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
Roosevelt's true role in bringing us out of the depression is one of the most hotly debated topics there is. Folks like you like to use the Roosevelt model to claim full credit (thus justifying whipping out the big daddy model when we hit natural slumps), whereas MANY MANY are of the opinion that we were already on a natural upswing when headed into WW2 anyway, and that Roosevelt's programs might have even slowed recovery.
thats the problem with economics nobody knows. only proof i have is he did it and it helped. and the proof u have is it was already starting to come out. unless u can go back in time and do it again without the plan nobody will know, but government works programs can't hurt. u ever heard the lewis black stand up about it? hilarious

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
Do YOU realize that big-government "solutions" have caused this mess in the first place?

You say you "love how people blindly follow a party and can't think for themselves on an issue." I agree that it is absurd to blindly follow a political party. I believe it's even more absurd to make a statement that is critical of others, while you are guilty of the exact behavior you consider to be stupid. Hypocrisy?
the mess was caused by greedy banks and companies who hoard money and cheat people by giving out credit to those who they know can't afford it. how am i guilty of that exact behavior i don't blindly follow any political party, and why is it absurd to disagree with somebody on a topic? i don't get that point at all unless i'm reading it wrong