MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Keto worries me given the effect of high fat meals on blood plasma, but maybe it works for some.
@MFTrainz Curious what exactly you are referring to here? I know they increase triglycerides but that is a given and not necessarily a bad thing. Only thing I found pulling it up was a possible coagulation thing for some people, but curious what you are referring to specifically so I can read up on it.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 5 weight in 186lbs

Application
1ml am, 1ml pm to the waist area (aka love handles)

AM Fasted Workout
Leg Day, This used to be my favorite work out of the week, but that was 20 years ago when I squated 595lbs with only a belt (not even knee wraps) once you hit 405 and that bar starts to bent, I would get excited. Now days with my bad knees high reps with 135lbs is about all I got. I did 15 total set for legs today with some ab work and some foam rolling. The workout took about 1 hour to complete.

Nutrition
Calories 1,643 - Fat 55g - Carbs 119g - Protein 158g

My youngest daughter (who is quite the chef) cooked dinner for the wife and I for our 31st Wedding Anniversary (July 4). We had Drunken Noddle and it was GREAT !!!

I really have nothing to report on the Flash Point, no bad reactions, no noticeable good reaction, but is has only bee 5 days.

Saturday we are going to my oldest daughters house for a picnic and pool party, I will try and keep my nutrition in check but it will be tuff!!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
again... this is not how bbers do keto. this is like the adkins diet or the likes.. BBers use cyclic keto or timed keto. it avoids all the pit falls of these issues.
increases insulin sensitivity too when cycled

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Workout Done, 3 hours of yard work done, now off to my daughters house to celebrate her 48th birthday !!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you see that fellas... Rocket is old enough to be most of our Dads and still has better abs than most of us!!
have fun this weekend Rocket.. and dont shoot your self into the stratosphere!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you see that fellas... Rocket is old enough to be most of our Dads and still has better abs than most of us!!
have fun this weekend Rocket.. and dont shoot your self into the stratosphere!
Thank you! Time with my kids and my grand kids is what I live for these days. I am a lucky man !

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thank you! Time with my kids and my grand kids is what I live for these days. I am a lucky man !
Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 6 weight in 186lbs

Application

AM Fasted Workout
Traps, Neck & Forearms today, 13 total set and some Ab work. Workout lasted about an hour. I ate breakfast and than did about 3 hours of yard work.

Nutrition
Calories ???? - Picnic with lots of good food, smoked chicken quarters and many sides. I had more than I needed but was not "to bad".

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes you are!
A few things like this
Oh okay, I was aware of a lot of this. No surprise that the body becomes less efficient at carb metabolism. However the situation is reversible by reintroducing carbs properly. Different hormones and enzymes need to start being produced again to become efficient at carb utilization after long term ketosis.

Like Ripper said though CKD avoids all of that and improves glucose tolerance and sensitivity. My current CKD situation gives me an inlux of carbs once weekly and restores leptin levels avoiding any type of metabolic issues.

Honestly I wouldn't suggest anyone cut any macro out long term. However well timed changes to the macro profiles can definitely be used for short term benefits.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 7 weight in 186lbs

Application

AM Workout
Sunday Rest Day, no real workout but I did do 2 hours of lawn work.

Nutrition
Calories 1,727 - Fat 79g - Carbs 113g - Protein 137g = I was a little light on the protein today, but with out a workout I think I will be ok.

This make one week using the Flash Point, I can't say I can notice any difference yet, but I didn't grow these love handles in one week either!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 8 weight in 186lbs

Application
1ml am, 1ml pm to the waist area (aka love handles) Starting today I am going to apply 25ml to my belly am & pm.

AM Fasted Workout
16 Total Sets 8 sets Chest, 8 sets Triceps with some lower back work and foam rolling at the end. Workout took about one hour.

Nutrition
Calories 1,239 - Fat 42g - Carbs 60g - Protein 150g = I have noticed the less carbs I eat the less carbs I crave !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Who Knew??

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep less insulin spikes less carb cravings that is why so many find keto or low carb easier.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 6 weight in 186lbs

Application

AM Fasted Workout
Traps, Neck & Forearms today, 13 total set and some Ab work. Workout lasted about an hour. I ate breakfast and than did about 3 hours of yard work.

Nutrition
Calories ???? - Picnic with lots of good food, smoked chicken quarters and many sides. I had more than I needed but was not "to bad".
That’s a lot of yard work! Counts for a lot of cardio in my book!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's why I do it !
That’s why I always enjoyed it before. We have free lawn service currently so I just have to find other sources of cardio.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have a lawn I don’t enjoy cutting if that interests you. There’s a VERY large hill in the back that gets your HR up and scorches your quads. Just let me know and it’s all yours……
This reminds of when I was a kid in West Virginia, I would do lawns on the side of a mountain tying a rope to the lawn more and lowering it down and back by pulling on the rope. LOL There was no way you were telling me I couldn't make that coin back then. LOL

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This reminds of when I was a kid in West Virginia, I would do lawns on the side of a mountain tying a rope to the lawn more and lowering it down and back by pulling on the rope. LOL There was no way you were telling me I couldn't make that coin back then. LOL
I remember doing that !! Where in West Virginia ?? @MrKleen73 ?

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
free as in kids?> :ROFLMAO:
Haha would be but it’s actually a landscaping company. My hubby is a partner in a custom home company and it’s a perk, I guess you could say.

I have a lawn I don’t enjoy cutting if that interests you. There’s a VERY large hill in the back that gets your HR up and scorches your quads. Just let me know and it’s all yours……
Rofl this made me bust out laughing! That’s exactly how my front yard is!

Wow!! Ingenuity at its best! Haha

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I remember doing that !! Where in West Virginia ?? @MrKleen73 ?
Elkview, in the Kanawa valley about 15 miles outside of Charleston. I was raised there until 14 and have been in the Houston area ever since

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That home gym tho...:cool: Very cool. Looking forward to everyone's week 2.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 9 weight in 186lbs - I think my scale is stuck ?

Application
1ml am, 1ml pm to the waist area (aka love handles) Plus 25ml to my belly am & pm.

AM Fasted Workout
16 Total Sets 8 sets Back, 8 sets Bi's with some lower ab work and foam rolling at the end. Workout took about one hour.

Nutrition
Calories 1,485 - Fat 39g - Carbs 72g - Protein 200g

I do believe my stomach is starting to flatten out a bit.

Last edited:
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 9 weight in 186lbs - I think my scale is stuck ?

Application
1ml am, 1ml pm to the waist area (aka love handles) Plus 25ml to my belly am & pm.

AM Fasted Workout
16 Total Sets 8 sets Back, 8 sets Bi's with some lower ab work and foam rolling at the end. Workout took about one hour.

Nutrition
Calories 1,485 - Fat 39g - Carbs 72g - Protein 200g

I do believe my stomach is starting to flatten out a bit.
Always a good sign that things are moving in the right direction!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Scale stuck eh? I hate that but I am sure a little extra glycogen still in the tank from the holiday too. Probably be surprised in a couple days with a nice little drop.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 10 weight in 185lbs

Application

AM Fasted Workout
Fasted Cardio - 35 minutes on the treadmill, than about 10 minutes of core work on the floor

Nutrition
Calories 1,864 - Fat 80g - Carbs 87g - Protein 194g

My belt was definitely a little looser today, and my stomach looked flatter. I'm very happy!

No skin irritation, no negative effects, things are going well.

Last edited:
Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 10 weight in 185lbs

Application

AM Fasted Workout
Fasted Cardio - 35 minutes on the treadmill, than about 10 minutes of core work on the floor

Nutrition
Calories 1,864 - Fat 80g - Carbs 87g - Protein 194g

My belt was definitely a little looser today, and my stomach looked flatter. I'm very happy!

No skin irritation, no negative effects, things are going well.
Awesome! Glad you’re seeing results man.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 11 weight in 185lbs

Application

AM Fasted Workout
18 sets for shoulders, worked all 3 heads + Abs, workout lasted about 1 hour

Nutrition
Calories 1,633 - Fat 71g - Carbs 65g - Protein 176g

Feeling pretty good about my progress!!

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's awesome to hear you're also seeing something! I swear I am, too. Just didn't think I'd notice anything this early.

Also, 18 sets for shoulders? Damn! Is that average volume for you? Or was today a high-volume day?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's awesome to hear you're also seeing something! I swear I am, too. Just didn't think I'd notice anything this early.

Also, 18 sets for shoulders? Damn! Is that average volume for you? Or was today a high-volume day?
16-20 sets is my normal workout, but I usually do 2 body parts, for shoulders there are three heads so I hit 5 sets of presses and the rest were split between the front, side & rear heads.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
16-20 sets is my normal workout, but I usually do 2 body parts, for shoulders there are three heads so I hit 5 sets of presses and the rest were split between the front, side & rear heads.
That's about what I do as well for shoulders. I'll get about 4 to 5 sets of press (Either DB or barbell), usually the first set is lighter/warm up and then i'll do side and front raises with DB. Sometimes front raises i'll do barbell to mix it up.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 12 weight in 184lbs

Application

AM Fasted Workout
20 sets for Legs, light set to just pump some blood into them, finished off with lower back and some foam rolling, workout lasted about 1 hour

Nutrition
Calories 1,785 - Fat 68g - Carbs 112g - Protein 179g

Belt felt a little looser today than yesterday. Things are definitely headed in the right direction !!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looser fitting belts are good n all... are you seeing spot reduction? Inquiring minds want2 know :D

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looser fitting belts are good n all... are you seeing spot reduction? Inquiring minds want2 know :D
I can not notice any yet ???

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's ok too! It could take more than 10 days to see some magic. Awesome log so far Rocket !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's ok too! It could take more than 10 days to see some magic. Awesome log so far Rocket !!
Thank you, don't worry I am a patience man !

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 13 weight in 184lbs

Application

AM Fasted Workout
Only 13 sets today, I trained Traps, Neck & Forearms and thank hit my abs, later in the day did my weekend cardio, about 3 hours of lawn work.

Nutrition
Calories - A Lot! The wife and I went out for Mexican Food, it was so good, Chorizo & Jalapeno Burrito with Beans & Rice.

Started on my second bottle with my PM application, I got to say this stuff is sure easy to use.!!

Mex.jpg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 14 weight in 185lbs

Application

AM Fasted Workout
Sunday, No workout or yard work (rain) today, just a few chores around the house. I took it pretty easy!

Nutrition
Calories 1,820 - Fat 77g - Carbs 134g - Protein 135g

Last edited:
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote