Restarting

napalm

napalm

Awards
The question is, does he have the ability to dish out a throat punch w/o getting mad?

If so, walay problema...

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Overtraining?? Now I have some real questions. Googling has led me in a 100 different directions so I look to the masses here for opinions. I'm in no way looking for any faster results cuz I'm happy with progress now but since I've upped my macros and caloric intake I feel like I have more drive in the gym. But isn't that the point of eating right and the use of supps we add to are regiments?? To use the extras , be it food or supps , so we can overtrain?? At least some?? At what point does it become overtraining and wasteful?? Is there a number that can be applied to the masses?? A perfect "time" spent in the gym?? Is it safe to say training is like metabolism, different from p2p??

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Well nobody tossed up any advice on the over training issue. So lll have some additions to my posts tomorrow to include my workouts in depth to include sets/weights. I dont feel like I'm over training but before I started this 5x5 I didn't think I was either. So more to follow starting tomorrow

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well nobody tossed up any advice on the over training issue. So lll have some additions to my posts tomorrow to include my workouts in depth to include sets/weights. I dont feel like I'm over training but before I started this 5x5 I didn't think I was either. So more to follow starting tomorrow
PaulBlack

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Am I missing a good time somewhere??
much like the fact that someone dies somewhere in the world every second, so too is there a good time going on somewhere, all the time ....
:hump: :hump: :hump:

anyway - stop worrying about overtraining, it is simply not a valid concern for you at this juncture in time
generally speaking, one would be pretty damn hard-pressed to be overtraining in 5x5 mode anyway, unless there was a sh1t-ton of side work being done concurrently as well

use the K.I.S.S. method, and stop thinking so much already

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
much like the fact that someone dies somewhere in the world every second, so too is there a good time going on somewhere, all the time .... :hump: :hump: :hump: anyway - stop worrying about overtraining, it is simply not a valid concern for you at this juncture in time generally speaking, one would be pretty damn hard-pressed to be overtraining in 5x5 mode anyway, unless there was a sh1t-ton of side work being done concurrently as well use the K.I.S.S. method, and stop thinking so much already
Yup yup. Think less...trust me I got that covered. U been following my posts lol.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Good day in the gym yet again. No run ins with anybody. Having breakfast at the moment. My tris are feeling a lil sore already. Left the gym about 90 moms ago. Never set in this fast before. Gonna hit the roller and some static stretching while the munchkin is down. For some reason between her trying to steal my roller and the dog trying to attack it I've learned her morning nap is the best window at success lol.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so we can overtrain?? At least some??
My take...
I am not a sciencey training guy, I just like to get in the gym and beat myself up some. If I can do more in a few days than I did a few days ago, then I have adapted and thus gained.
Of course that is the short of it.

Supercompensation can be kinda brutal, depending on how you edge up to it.

I do think the term "overtraining" is at times over used by some. Maybe it is more "under-recovered".
An actual overtrained state is not easy to get out of with a week off (Read Supertraining /Siff) Exhaustion might come first.

Lastly, and these are only my opinions, so throw them on the wall, if they stick, fine if not walk past them...
Some guys think as soon as they stop gaining, (in one group/lift) they are overtrained. Maybe they just need a regroup or a focus on another group/lift a deload or maybe, their head is just no longer into what they are doing. I would have never discovered 20 rep squats, if my cuff muscle did not get strained and I had to quit BPing for a few months.
One way I found what I can take and sustain/gain and or recover from, is to push up against that wall and see what happens.
One can bring up the work capacity etc., but just like getting stronger and bigger, it works if you coax instead of bulldoze.
I liken it to either a callous or a blister.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
My take... I am not a sciencey training guy, I just like to get in the gym and beat myself up some. If I can do more in a few days than I did a few days ago, then I have adapted and thus gained. Of course that is the short of it. Supercompensation can be kinda brutal, depending on how you edge up to it. I do think the term "overtraining" is at times over used by some. Maybe it is more "under-recovered". An actual overtrained state is not easy to get out of with a week off (Read Supertraining /Siff) Exhaustion might come first. Lastly, and these are only my opinions, so throw them on the wall, if they stick, fine if not walk past them... Some guys think as soon as they stop gaining, (in one group/lift) they are overtrained. Maybe they just need a regroup or a focus on another group/lift a deload or maybe, their head is just no longer into what they are doing. I would have never discovered 20 rep squats, if my cuff muscle did not get strained and I had to quit BPing for a few months. One way I found what I can take and sustain/gain and or recover from, is to push up against that wall and see what happens. One can bring up the work capacity etc., but just like getting stronger and bigger, it works if you coax instead of bulldoze. I liken it to either a callous or a blister.
I do appreciate the advice. I try to find a way to make everyone's opinion stick to my wall in Some way. And like I said I'm at a happy point with my gains as of yet. I really barely been back at what I'd consider a gaining state. Been what I call "platforming" to get some of my old foundation back. A wise man once told told me u can't build a mansion on toothpicks. But with the guidance of some fellas much better/more experienced than me at this lifting stuff I've revamped my whole routine. Just feeling out some opinions on when to much work starts changing the game so to speak. Thanks man.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Anyone have any experience with the above link??

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Nope but I know a guy that goes to a chiro to get taped like that. Dunno if it's the same thing but whatever it is, he says it's good
Been having some elbow pain and those sparked my curiosity. Get a 6 pack for 10$. Might make a test run on them.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
It's only really when I do tri's and use heavy weight. And maybe pain isn't even a fair description. It's just an odd " sensation". It feels a lot like fluid build up feels but it's not "squishy"'like fluid build up. There's some pain/irritation there. Nothing that would stop use or my lifting but def not a familiar feeling. I did some self disecting/diagnosis with a pic and some advice from my boy who is my go to smart guy lol. If I had to pick the area I think is the issue it would be the ulnar carotid ligament if I remember correctly. But if u put ur middle finger , at the first joint , on the tip of ur elbow and pushed it's right there. But deep in my elbow.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's only really when I do tri's and use heavy weight.
The thing that comes to mind for me, (and I have no idea if this is what you are doing) is to not let your wrists (while holding the bar) stretch back and if you can keep the bar/wrists almost curled towards the palms thru the rep. I did this years ago, as this kept strain off my elbows and did not stretch out the forearm muscle and I never had the pain return.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
The thing that comes to mind for me, (and I have no idea if this is what you are doing) is to not let your wrists (while holding the bar) stretch back and if you can keep the bar/wrists almost curled towards the palms thru the rep. I did this years ago, as this kept strain off my elbows and did not stretch out the forearm muscle and I never had the pain return.
Not sure if I'm doing that or not. Don think I am but sometimes u gotta look in order to see. I'll keep that in mind next time through. If I am doing it I'll try to variate in hopes for improvement.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A lot of people get tendonitis around the elbows and it can get agitated by certain movement, including certain Tricep exercises. Some guys here wear a slingshot band (google it!) and it helps. I would just lay off doing whatever hurts it. Or see a doc if it's bad.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
A lot of people get tendonitis around the elbows and it can get agitated by certain movement, including certain Tricep exercises. Some guys here wear a slingshot band (google it!) and it helps. I would just lay off doing whatever hurts it. Or see a doc if it's bad.
Not bad enough for me to wanna stop. Not sure if it's a certain exercise that does it either. Bout halfway through my workout on tris is when I start noticing. Then it's noticeable for 36-48 hrs. But I'll check out that bandage. Appreciate the advice

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Good Saturday in the gym. Busy all around day. Sat is when I do my squats and deadlifts. Wanted to get vids to toss up on here for form advice but it didn't work out in my favor. As opposed to flipping out in the gym I stopped at the first sign of aggravation. Just gonna have to be another day fellas. But all in all a good morning. Today was my first run of squats out of the smith machine. Been worried about me back. So started slow and crawled my way up in weight to what I thought was safe.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Well the link isn't taking me anywhere. Apparently I can't link YouTube right lol

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
There's been an accidental dosing.... Of my wasabi peas. If u tell someone " don't eat that u won't like it" then they do it anyway and vomit. Does laughing at them make you an a$$hole?? I think not.

napalm

napalm

Awards
There's been an accidental dosing.... Of my wasabi peas. If u tell someone " don't eat that u won't like it" then they do it anyway and vomit. Does laughing at them make you an a$$hole?? I think not.
Your responsibility ends at 'don't eat it.'

<---has wasabi peas...

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tried spicy wasabi peas once. Never ever again.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
If it burns going in, there's a high chance it'll burn going the other way. BTW - you would've laughed at my pain.
U r correct. It often has then tendency to get u twice. Laughed at u???? Prolly... Lol. Did u eat them forewarned not to??

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Nope, because I only looked at the bag after the fact lol.

I might not have laughed...too much. Lol. Wasabi is a big surprise if uve never had it. I wouldn't wanna accidentally eat it and I like it.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There's good and bad spicy. It's like Goldilocks and the 3 bears. One is too mild, the other too spicy, and then there's the kind that is just right.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
There's good and bad spicy. It's like Goldilocks and the 3 bears. One is too mild, the other too spicy, and then there's the kind that is just right.
I agree. There's a point where it's miserable to eat. But I do like warm. But warm has flavor. Cholula is hands down my go to hot sauce