Restarting

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well was a great bad day in the gym lol. Had pretty severe back spasms after my first set of warm up squats that lasted through the entirety of my session. Then at the very end of my routine I managed to drop a plate on my hand which was kind enough to break it. Fml. But had a good lift session honestly. Gonna grub then I'll get my workout posted.
Pics or it didn't happen.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
About the hand... Bruising already presenting itself around the knuckle on my lil finger. Accompanied by some swelling. Limited to no movement from my lil finger. Gonna ice it most the day and re-evaluate in the am. Had enough broken bones to know it's a break but not sure of the severity just yet. If there's no improvement by morning I'll go to the doc. Just hesitant to do so because hand in cast = no gains lol

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
But as far as my work out went:
Warm up:

Squats 5x10 @ 135

Lying leg curls 3x10 @ 120

Dips 3x10

Work out:
Decline rotating db flyes
( by rotating I mean turning palms reward at top of movement)
5x5 @ 60

Incline flyes 5x5 @ 50

Seated ISO press. Banded
5x5 @ 185. Band res unknown

Decline bb bench press
5x5 @ 135

Incline smith press. Banded and chained
3x5 @ 135 then hand to drop weight
2x5 @ 115. Band and chain weight unknown

Flat ISO bench press
5x5 @ 225

Standing cable flyes 5x5 @ handles on top 80 Handles on bottom 60

45 lb plate pushes w/ med ball squat/slam Push plate 60ft stop. 8lb med ball squat and slam at bottom of movement x 10. Repeat 5 times with 30 sec rest between sets

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
About the hand... Bruising already presenting itself around the knuckle on my lil finger. Accompanied by some swelling. Limited to no movement from my lil finger. Gonna ice it most the day and re-evaluate in the am. Had enough broken bones to know it's a break but not sure of the severity just yet. If there's no improvement by morning I'll go to the doc. Just hesitant to do so because hand in cast = no gains lol
K, deal.. Just don't wait too long..
The sooner u take care of bizz the better...
U have come too far with ur progress..
What's a 'few' weeks out of a lifetime ;)

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Well under the advice of friends I went to the doc just so I knew for sure what was up. This was the diagnosis: I have an avulsion fracture. Also known as a boxers fracture. Not much to do as far as treatment goes. Just baby it and got some stupid splint thing to wear when not at home. The docs advice about lifting over the next 4-8 weeks was this " pain is mother natures way of saying take it easy" so lift withing comfort he said. So no major set backs. Back in the swol shop tomorrow

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The docs advice about lifting over the next 4-8 weeks was this " pain is mother natures way of saying take it easy" so lift withing comfort he said.
Docs are bi*tches. Pain is weakness leaving the body.

I kid...

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well under the advice of friends I went to the doc just so I knew for sure what was up. This was the diagnosis: I have an avulsion fracture. Also known as a boxers fracture. Not much to do as far as treatment goes. Just baby it and got some stupid splint thing to wear when not at home. The docs advice about lifting over the next 4-8 weeks was this " pain is mother natures way of saying take it easy" so lift withing comfort he said. So no major set backs. Back in the swol shop tomorrow
Glad to hear that :)

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I have an avulsion fracture.
I have an avulsion to fractures too..just not a fan of them, at all
I don't like bee stings either :no:

" pain is mother natures way of saying take it easy"
made me think of this video I just saw the other day (again -- it's an oldie but a classic), Powerthirst
you'll be so fast mother nature will be like "s-l-o-o-o-w-w-w d-o-o-o-w-w-w-n-n"
and you'll be like "FAWK YOU!" and kick her in the face with your energy legs

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
I have an avulsion to fractures too..just not a fan of them, at all I don't like bee stings either :no: made me think of this video I just saw the other day (again -- it's an oldie but a classic), Powerthirst you'll be so fast mother nature will be like "s-l-o-o-o-w-w-w d-o-o-o-w-w-w-n-n" and you'll be like "FAWK YOU!" and kick her in the face with your energy legs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs
Lmfao. Haven't watched that in forever. Still hilarious

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Well finally home. Kicked up. Trying to relax. About to enjoy my dinner. Thankfully. I'm starving. Got my bed time shake soon to follow. Didn't work super hard at the gym today but Im tired as ****. Get my cards lined up shortly and I'm calling it a night

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Well had a shi$$y morning. Filled with bs and drama. So much for my resolutions so far. Gonna grub then post my work out.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Well this was my gym routine today.
Warm up:
Reverse incline db shrug. Neutral grip.
5x10 @ 60

Behind the back bb shrugs. Palms facing forward
3x10 @ 185

Pull-ups. Wide grip
3xfailure

Reverse neck raises
3x10 @ 40

Work out:
Straight bar fat grip standing curls
5x5 @ 75

Cross body hammer curls
5x5 @ 50

Ez bar preacher curls. Close grip
5x5 @ 70

Standing rope/cable hammer curls
5x5 @ 130

Reverse grip Ez bar preacher curls. Wide grip
5x5 @ 40

Seated hammer curls
5x5 @ 50

Wide grip Ez bar drag curls
5x5 @ 50

Wide tbar fat grip cable curls
5x5 @ 75

30 mins cardio. 15% incline @ 3.5 mph.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
40 sets of curls, + pull-ups?
sounds like an awful lot..i know 5 reps per set and all, but still....
lotta work, for a small muscle group

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
40 sets of curls, + pull-ups? sounds like an awful lot..i know 5 reps per set and all, but still.... lotta work, for a small muscle group
Haha, you just said he has puny arms. I love it.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Well just chowed on my lunch. Got some extra aggression brewing. Think imma go knock out some core work with my trx

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Got some core knocked out. Prolly do a couple more circuits later but calling it quits for now. I'm feeling better. Working real hard on that smile more yell less resolution.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Well did a lil more core training. Kid went down successfully. Bout to slam my casein shake. Drama has been the word of the day for me. Hopefully tomorrow will bring about something different

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Woke up today -15. Up to. -28 with wind chill. Dressed for success and off to the hugeatorium. Workout will get posted after breakfast

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Home from the gym. Had a great shoulder day. Shower and grub time though. Then I'll get my routine from today up.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
My work out for this morning.
Warm up :
Front squats
3x10 @ 95

Trap bar dead lifts
3x10 @ 135

Seated leg extensions
3x10 @ 120

Work out:
Cage press
5x5 @ 95

Horizontal press
5x5 @ 12

Upright smith row
Slight bend at waist. Wide grip elbows flared
5x5 @ 115 chained

ISO seated behind neck press
5 x5 @ 185

Wide grip tbar behind neck pull downs
5x5 @ 150 w/fat grips

Reverse seated ISO behind neck press
5x5 @ 135 banded

Standing db ohp w/fat grips
5x5 @ 40. Neutral grip

Incline Ez bar lateral raises
5x5 @ 40

Kneeling smith machine military press
5x5 @ 115

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Weighed in @ 197. But that's halfway through my morning so not accurate based on how I usually take my weight. By Friday I'll post new pics so I can get some outside opinions on progress. If u guys think I'm making much at all. All in all I feel great about progress so far. But maybe my ego is the only thing gettin swol lol

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Man that was a long time ago.
Bout 4 years right?? Or was it 5?? Either way that was lots of Taco Bell and mcdonalds ago. Which left me in my status of the beginning of my posting lol

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bout 4 years right?? Or was it 5?? Either way that was lots of Taco Bell and mcdonalds ago. Which left me in my status of the beginning of my posting lol
Yup, about four years ago. Right around the time I found AM.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Yup, about four years ago. Right around the time I found AM.
Well I'm a lil slow with catching up in my old age. But I am here as well. Couldn't get better help/advice if I paid for it. ( which I can't cuz I'm poor lol ) thanks to all. Good lookin out brosef

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Well starting my day a lil later than usual. Sunday is my off day. Usually do dome core work throughout the day but my hand and back r hurting pretty bad. Shoulders got that good soreness going on. Ain't been this sore since I been back at it. Think I'll let the body rest. Got the dog and kid to play with. I'm sure that'll help me burn some cals.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
So looking for advice once again. So to anyone following I previously laid out my diet and macro plan. Which has been sufficient till this week. And it's not a fail everyday either. But sometimes I just feel like I'm starving. And it lasts all day. I'm sticking to my plan because I refuse to sabotage myself. Anytime I'm hungry and it's not meal or shake time I slam a bottle of water and drive on. In the neighborhood of 12-15 bottles a day. Not looking to shove any more supps down my gullet at the current time. Any suggestions on how to beat this feeling successfully??

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
yeah - strong mind & willpower
buckle down soldier

on the sup side (yes I know what you said above, but..) our PX Black is an awesome fat-burner with built-in appetite suppressant for those that struggle with containment or cravings..check into it, and if you'd like maybe we can set you up with a bottle if you give us feedback on it

lastly - take a day every week, and add 25-30% cals to your menu, as well as partaking in some things you normally do not eat (within reason, of course) .. this will help to quash those feelings, give you a day to look forward to every week, and refresh you going forward on your goals

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
yeah - strong mind & willpower buckle down soldier on the sup side (yes I know what you said above, but..) our PX Black is an awesome fat-burner with built-in appetite suppressant for those that struggle with containment or cravings..check into it, and if you'd like maybe we can set you up with a bottle if you give us feedback on it lastly - take a day every week, and add 25-30% cals to your menu, as well as partaking in some things you normally do not eat (within reason, of course) .. this will help to quash those feelings, give you a day to look forward to every week, and refresh you going forward on your goals
My buckle is down... So far down I've had to buy new belts just since u started helping me out lol. And logging feedback on supps?? Gladly. Don't have a whole lot on my agenda besides logging here. I think that's part of my problem to. I feel like the days I feel so hungry is partially because I have extra time to sit down and think about being hungry. Using eating as a boredom attacker which is detrimental I know. Also it's not something I can't drive through I just hate that hungry feeling lurking around all day.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
boredom is a mofo..an idle mind is the devil's playground
I smoked cigarettes for yrs as a youth -- simply out of sheer boredom, nothing better to do
keep the mind occupied

oh - and pm me your full name and addy
we'll shoot you out some product ;)

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My buckle is down... So far down I've had to buy new belts just since u started helping me out lol. And logging feedback on supps?? Gladly. Don't have a whole lot on my agenda besides logging here. I think that's part of my problem to. I feel like the days I feel so hungry is partially because I have extra time to sit down and think about being hungry. Using eating as a boredom attacker which is detrimental I know. Also it's not something I can't drive through in just hate that hungry feeling lurking around all day.
This is a huge reason why the majority of the population is over weight. When you are bored food just helps pass the time.

Try upping your liquid intake during those times of boredom as well. A lot of the time needing hydration is mistaken as hunger hence the carb cravings to an extent.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Well thanks for the advice from all. As always its greatly appreciated and soaked in. Imma start by having a lil cheater dinner of some stuff that's been sitting in the cabinets that I been avoiding like the Black Plague. I'll get some pics up and with my indulgences I'll keep it within reason. Plus starting tomorrow I'll try doubling down on my h2o. Also doctor up my schedule a lil to help fight the boredom.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well thanks for the advice from all. As always its greatly appreciated and soaked in. Imma start by having a lil cheater dinner of some stuff that's been sitting in the cabinets that I been avoiding like the Black Plague. I'll get some pics up and with my indulgences I'll keep it within reason. Plus starting tomorrow I'll try doubling down on my h2o. Also doctor up my schedule a lil to help fight the boredom.
There ya go. Plan plan plan.

I've been drinking so much water for so long I had to start using some of the Powerade Zero drops to help get it all down. Helps quite a bit.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
There ya go. Plan plan plan. I've been drinking so much water for so long I had to start using some of the Powerade Zero drops to help get it all down. Helps quite a bit.
Yeah water and protein is all I drink. Been looking for 0 cal/carb drinks to add some spice to it. Found two things I don't mind drinking that im gonna try and work into my daily drink rotation. Monster zero ultra and sobe life water blood orange mango. Both have. 0 cal and zero refined sugars. The sobe has. 7 carbs but no sugar so I can work to fit it in without hating myself lol

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Subbed and silently reading lol. Edit: my fat thumb hit the send button. I have had this uncontrollable carb craving where it's all I want to eat. I have been slacking on my water intake, that makes a lot of sense now Monty.
Well read away my friend. As everyone has been so eager to help me I hope their and possibly my advice helps u go the distance with ur goals

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Edit: my fat thumb hit the send button.
you have a fat thumb @ 165lbs?? :blink:
how disproportionate you must be sir

water (and staying constantly hydrated) is your friend
one of the single most overlooked things in bbing/sup taking/bodycomp, let alone GP just in life
if you wait to drink till you are thirsty, you have already waited too long

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
image-1363793257.jpg
This is my dinner for this evening. No idea on cals/macros. Might attempt at figuring post ingestion lol but no promises. But what u see is
6oz. 97% fat free chicken breast.
1/4 cup quinoa
1/2 sweet potato. Plain
Some mushrooms and sugar snap peas I baked with the chicken
1 garlic cheddar biscuit

If I'm still feeling hungry I got two hard boiled eggs in there but pretty sure I won't make it that far.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Well just knocked out some foam rolling and lax ball work. Threw in some static stretching and some assisted stretches with some help from my trx. Gonna mix up my casein shake. Toss down my last dose of supps for the day and call it quits. Tomorrow starts a fresh week. I'll keep posting my routines as I have been. But this week will be my regular schedule.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Rise and shine.... Oh wait I beat the sun up. Well Monty hopefully ur kids are doing better. Mine awoke screaming with what I believe is an ear infection and nasty cough. She's been crying for a couple hours pulling at her ears saying it hurts it hurts. So gym will be postponed and off to the doc first chance I get this morning