Restarting

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Well with all that excitement from stacking some much earned plates on yesterday....today comes the much earned soreness. Time to bust out the foam roller and get to work. Probably follow that up with some static stretches and maybe some core work this afternoon. Other than that today is my off day from the gym

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Another great day at the hugeatorium. Added same banded ISO presses into my chest routine today. I like to spice it up. Time for breakfast. Still feeling them squats from sat. Oh well.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
If all good things must come to an end what about bad things?? Well some of my bad ends today. Me and the wife are splitting. No need for any boo hoo's. I am leaving tomorrow morning , after the gym of course. While a few things in the future are sketchy on the outcome imma do my best to let my new eating and lifting routine suffer. Wish me luck on suitable gyms on the road to freedom. Should be about a week 2 tops before I'm somewhere stable.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
imma do my best to let my new eating and lifting routine suffer..
you sure that is best course of action? :think:

wow, what a turn of events..sad to here of the immediate situation, but having been thru a split/divorce myself, sometimes in the long run these things turn out for the best

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
you sure that is best course of action? :think: wow, what a turn of events..sad to here of the immediate situation, but having been thru a split/divorce myself, sometimes in the long run these things turn out for the best
In the long run I'm sure it's the best. And in the short... It's the only option. I'm a bit of a hot head and my wife pushes my limits like no other. It's gonna erupt like Pompeii if I don't remove myself ASAP. My gym and eating won't suffer much. Got a place to go and gyms galore. Just the week or so process of getting there. But I got enough portable fitness inventory to keep my edge up lol

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
If all good things must come to an end what about bad things?? Well some of my bad ends today. Me and the wife are splitting. No need for any boo hoo's. I am leaving tomorrow morning , after the gym of course. While a few things in the future are sketchy on the outcome imma do my best to let my new eating and lifting routine suffer. Wish me luck on suitable gyms on the road to freedom. Should be about a week 2 tops before I'm somewhere stable.
Since you don't want any boo hoos I won t give you any but I will say that having a hardcore gym session is great for stress relief!

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Since you don't want any boo hoos I won t give you any but I will say that having a hardcore gym session is great for stress relief!
Agreed. Smashed one out this morning with a sequel tomorrow before I hit the road

peter01

peter01

Awards
  • Established
In the long run I'm sure it's the best. And in the short... It's the only option. I'm a bit of a hot head and my wife pushes my limits like no other. [\QUOTE]

Congrats on recognizing the situation before it deteriorated. But being a former hothead and coming from a long line of hotheads, its in your best interest to address your temper. I used to reason that I only lost it when someone pushed me, but ultimately realized that I was just making excuses for my own shortcomings. You will always be pushed. The moment they get a rise out of you, they win. Believe me, I've had my fair share of BS. My satisfaction comes from their frustration that they cant pull me into their argument.

Nothing is more badass than someone that can stay in control.

Just my 2 cents.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Lol. Stupid technology. And I couldn't agree more. It is one of my worst short comings. Normally I have a handle on it. I'd laugh and walk away. But something about the way she tweaks those buttons. But since I can't control it I'm ultimately make the big walking away step.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Woo woo... Fed ex scores td late in the game. My tubs of on just made. Just in time I might add. :)

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Lol. Stupid technology. And I couldn't agree more. It is one of my worst short comings. Normally I have a handle on it. I'd laugh and walk away. But something about the way she tweaks those buttons. But since I can't control it I'm ultimately make the big walking away step.
Haha my wife know exactly how to tweak my buttons, can be rather difficult to keep a lid on it at times.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Bad omens.... Not sure I'm a firm believer in them but as I went to shake my pwo the lid popped off. Wasting bcaa/saa. Creatrona. And stimul8. It wasn't a total loss. As it exploded my eyes felt the need to absorb as much as possible. I'm really hoping this isn't a prelude to my entire day. Off to the gym though.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Much better absorption through the eyes, ingestion is overrated.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Way better absorption. If u thought drinking beta alanine made u tingle. It was like my eyes turned into cyclops. Only no one had to worry cuz it was working backwards searing deep into my brain lol.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Bad omens.... Not sure I'm a firm believer in them but as I went to shake my pwo the lid popped off. Wasting bcaa/saa. Creatrona. And stimul8..
that's not a bad omen..that's just bad operator error

Much better absorption through the eyes, ingestion is overrated.
brown eye anal absorption > regular eye absorption
sorry, don't have the link to the study....

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
that's not a bad omen..that's just bad operator error brown eye anal absorption > regular eye absorption sorry, don't have the link to the study....
Super bad operator error. But I do try to learn from my mistakes. And that was a rough lesson. Imma do my best for future prevention of that lol

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bad omens.... Not sure I'm a firm believer in them but as I went to shake my pwo the lid popped off. Wasting bcaa/saa. Creatrona. And stimul8. It wasn't a total loss. As it exploded my eyes felt the need to absorb as much as possible.
Oh that stinks. Done that before with a preworkout. Missed my eyes but it got all over my clothes.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Oh that stinks. Done that before with a preworkout. Missed my eyes but it got all over my clothes.
Super crapy. I'd trade for just my clothes any day. But if it wasn't for bad luck I'm not sure id have any. But that on chocolate shake powder I got to enjoy post work out made up for it a lil

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bad omens.... Not sure I'm a firm believer in them but as I went to shake my pwo the lid popped off. Wasting bcaa/saa. Creatrona. And stimul8. It wasn't a total loss. As it exploded my eyes felt the need to absorb as much as possible. I'm really hoping this isn't a prelude to my entire day. Off to the gym though.
MONEY SHOT!!!

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Well after the dragon breath in my eyes went away. Had a very successful day at the gym. Had high hopes of getting on the highway to el dorado right after but a terrible snow storm hit. Gonna ride it out. Hopefully I have clear skies tomorrow.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Well another great morning in the gym. No catastrophic self induced failure with my pwo today thankfully. I was reminded of an age old lesson in the gym today. Don't judge a book by its cover. There's an old man who I speak to on a daily basis. Retired Vietnam vet. Pretty sure he's in there just to get away from his wife for the most part. He's never really doing a whole lot. More bs'ing with the other old dudes than lifting. However has sat down on the stationary bike closest to my treadmill today. Holy crap!! This grandpa would've embarrassed lance Armstrong on this thing. And I'm positive papaw wasn't blood doping for the win like lance. I'm almost 100% sure I couldn't have hung with him. I do 30 mins cardio. He came in bout 3 mins after me. I did some banded stretching and about 15 mins of abs then on the way out he was still going strong. Threw up a wave and a have a good day as I left. Crazy the things u see some days.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
old age can have some decent trade-offs to it :amish:
good chin-hair, for one....

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You ought to see the old heads at powerlifting meets. They seem bionic at times.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
You ought to see the old heads at powerlifting meets. They seem bionic at times.
There's a couple big old dudes at my gym as well. But this guy on the bike came outta left field lol. He almost looks like Santa. He was setting there , getting this bike up to time travel speeds , hitting on old lady's and watching espn. Then u got 20 something Joe Schmoe who can barely walk for 12 minutes at 3mph pace. Somebody has a cool grandpa.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
don't hate they may smell bad, but amish folk be cool
Not hating. Got a boy of mine who lives in the heart of Amish country. They don't pay taxes, don't have to have insurance , and I would totally rock a horse and buggy if I could get some Rockford fosgate thumps in it.

lannjonny

lannjonny

Awards
  • Established
don't hate
they may smell bad, but amish folk be cool
I had amish for neighbors for most my growing up years. I dont hate em.. But still its 2013 and they go to so much work to stay simple!! And the amish here cant have rubber on there wheels cause thats a luxury....

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Well I'm exhausted for some reason. Been sleeping like crap. My kid went down early so imma shower and do the same. So for my last post of the day I have one more comical story from the gym today. But before I get into it I would just like to reiterate my thanks to all , for all ur advice. Since it's been such a nice addition to my gym bag I felt the need to spread the word. I also know that most of us are fresh acquaintances but Dave says ur all great peeps and that's all the character vouching I need. So In the spirit of knowledge I told one of the trainers in the gym about am. To which his reply was what's that. I told him , it's a forum for gym rats. " oh I don't read forums. U don't really know any of those dudes and who knows if they have anything legit to say." Was his answer. Well with my short temper coupled with quick wits this was my reply to him... " well everyone I talk to on there either reps for supp companies or body builds on a nearly professional level. All knowledge that's fantastic and they give it to me for free. It's the same knowledge that you and your boyfriends here sell to fat old women for 40$ an hour." Then I put my head phones in and walked away. So drive on gentlemen. Thanks for all ur advice. :)

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can only imagine the shi.t eating grin you gave him after. Good night.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
I can only imagine the shi.t eating grin you gave him after. Good night.
No grin tossed his way. Didn't even give him the respect of another look. I was quite mad. But I did laugh to myself for making him feel dumb.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Urg ... I find myself setting at home stewing with rage. I had a fantastic day in the gym until my last set. Which was ruined by provoked arrogance. I'm by far not the biggest and by far not the strongest. But does that give u the right to try and one up me in the gym?? Today was back day and I was done. Still feeling good I thought id rep out one set on this trap bench that I love in the gym. It's got three plate positions so that the center of gravity can be changed to hit every part of the trap. At least I think that's what it's for lol. There was some pri$k face on there. I asked if he minded me jumping on for a quick set in between his. He looked at me like I'm small and said yeah I don't mind but u really think u can lift that!! My blood started boiling. So I doubled down the plates , did my set and returned the look who's small now glance. As I walked away I threw him this advice " u might wanna clean that off so u don't hurt yourself trying to pick it up." So I guess I'm the lead runner for a$$hole of the week in there after yesterday and today. But man that's 100% not what I'm going for. I don't speak to more than 3 people in there , and I'm rude to no one. Except these two retards the past two days. But c'mon , don't start no crap won't be no crap. And on top of all that I'm still mad to the point it's ruining my morning.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
why you so mad, gymwrench?
get glad -- no worries
there will always be idiots in life; simply ignore

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
why you so mad, gymwrench? get glad -- no worries there will always be idiots in life; simply ignore
I'm just a grouchy old a$$hole lol. I agree though. Shouldn't let it bother me but it does. I'm not so good with the ignore.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Well the road to happiness led through my kitchen. I had breakfast , and a few deep breaths , then said f$&k that guy. He ain't gonna ruin my day. Imma play with the kiddo and forget all about it. So back on track. Today was back. Tossed in several new or newish lifts. I must say following some of the lifts I see u guys posting has made me quite the trend setter in the gym. Added the meadows row , reeves variation dead lift , and banded/chained bent over smith rows. Kept some of my other fav back smashers. All in all I like the ongoing changes it pretty much all aspects of getting back in shape. I know it's only been a week and some change since the new lift routine and the new diet but I feel like I can already notice changes in body composition. I'll wait till the three week mark from the changes to throw some more pics up to get ya'lls opinion on whether or not it's just my ego that's changed lol.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
why you so mad, gymwrench? get glad -- no worries there will always be idiots in life; simply ignore
To know him would be to know why he is the way he is. Not only are we working on getting him back into decent physical shape, but we're also working on getting him to learn how to relax. Without getting overly emo and shït, if I ever had a BFF, this guy would be him, even though he's a jackass. That being said, not only is he appreciative of the assistance, past and future, but I am as well.