Recover / Protect & GROW with MILLENNIUM SPORT RPG BCAA.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Taking 2 days off. The old body was begging for it! Lol
Going to lay around and watch football.
Boomer Sooner!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update Noodz!
12-21-2016 4 weeks in 1.jpg

12-21-2016 4 weeks in.
Week 5 12-28-2016 4.jpg

12-28-2016 5 weeks in.
Starting to lean up a little. note I think the lighting is making look better.

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Looking solid brother... !! definitely can see you leaning out ! rest is always good especially when you can tell you body needs it.. its honestly just as important as working out. in my opinion.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looking solid brother... !! definitely can see you leaning out ! rest is always good especially when you can tell you body needs it.. its honestly just as important as working out. in my opinion.
Agree 100%.
watch out AM brothers this fatty is coming! lol

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
You are definitely leaning out for sure while maintaining size. Hard to do! Good work you old stallion!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are definitely leaning out for sure while maintaining size. Hard to do! Good work you old stallion!
Thanks brother. That means a lot coming from you!
I have always been a natural size freak and was concerned that I would lose strength or have to go into de-condition sooner than I wanted with the kind of volume to calorie intake I have been doing.
The weight has leveled off @ 201lb for the last 2 weeks but the strength is still increasing. so far so good.
the truth be told this RPG has really helped me push through my workouts, at week 5 with this kind of volume it usually starts going through my head ( I'm worn out and I will just go home).

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Studhorse my man!! You are looking all kinds if yoked!!! Impressive brother!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Props to you, you and I both know the older you get the harder it is!!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Props to you, you and I both know the older you get the harder it is!!
I hear ya! I look at food and gain weight.
Hopefully I can trim enough fat to look like you brother!
Also wish I had the skin I had 20 years ago. Hell 10 years ago. lol

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Studhorse my man!! You are looking all kinds if yoked!!! Impressive brother!!
Thanks brother! that means a lot.
Looking at your pics makes me want to fake being sick and go to the gym right now!

I'm just hoping the gym isn't too packed with newbies.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Mine wasn't this morning! I was so freaking happy!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My was not either !!

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Looking real lean, stud! And through Christmas and New Year's, no less!

My gym was empty today. Wife was in the family room. :)

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Studhorse - trying to catch up. Great log! It is funny how you and I are both high intensity, low volume, low frequency disciples to some degree and I am doing some high frequency and you are doing high volume. Can't wait to see what comes next.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Studhorse - trying to catch up. Great log! It is funny how you and I are both high intensity, low volume, low frequency disciples to some degree and I am doing some high frequency and you are doing high volume. Can't wait to see what comes next.
True brother, this is my time of that I go high volume. I have 19 weeks a year. My daughter that is now 15 has play gold level travel softball since she was 12.
This is why HST is my go too. Only have to find 3 days a week, and I have always had great progress. I use these 19 weeks to break away from HST, mainly because I have more time and gets boring doing the same type of workout year round.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At the end of the month my 2nd 8 weeks of this I will decondtion and start HST again. I will see how the body feels to determine if I go original HST or my hybrid version.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
What does it mean to decondition? And how do you go about doing that? And why?

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What does it mean to decondition? And how do you go about doing that? And why?
Decondition is 9-12 days off. maybe some light cardio.
To Quote Bryan Haycock
The optimum time for training is when the deconditioned muscle has retained the additional myonuclei from previous training, but has lost enough of the protective connective tissue to allow growth promoting microtrauma. HST takes into account this need to apply the growth stimulus when the muscle is most receptive. We call this Strategic Deconditioning.

Training after Strategic Deconditioning results in much more rapid gains in size and strength. This phenomena lead to the idea of "muscle memory". When done properly not only do you quickly regain previously attained size and strength but you will put on new muscle and reach new levels of strength beyond your previous plateau.

Strategic Deconditioning Defined

What does strategic Deconditioning mean and how do we apply it to continue growing? Strategic deconditioning is simply a period of time free from training which is long enough to allow a reversal of some of the acute adaptations in muscle tissue, referring specifically to the repeated bout effect. This usually requires 9 - 12 days straight with no training.

The term strategic is used because this 9 - 12 day period is not chosen at random or whenever you begin to feel "burned out" or even simply lose interest. It is done every 6-8 weeks depending on whether you finish your cycle with 5 rep work or with eccentric work respectively.

You're Not Recuperating

Don't confuse deconditioning with recuperation. Recuperation denotes a restoration or re-building of the tissue. This is what your average personal trainer commonly advocates. He or she will tell you, "Give the muscle plenty of time to rest before you train it again." This pattern of training will not only produce slower gains but you will inevitably plateau more quickly, albeit a fully recuperated plateau. Your muscles will be fully recuperated within the first 7 days of the deconditioning period.

At 7 days you will also still retain most of the repeated bout effects. Additional down time is required to allow the muscle to lower it's defenses. 9-12 days is just long enough to allow deconditioning, but to prevent undue muscle atrophy.

Equally important as the deconditioning period is what you do during the 6-8 weeks of training. Standard practice is to split up your body into muscle groups and train each one separately or in groups on different days. This usually means training a given muscle once or maybe twice per week.

If you were to train this way during the 6-8 weeks before your Strategic Deconditioning period you would be sorely disappointed in the result. This would only provide three workouts every 5 weeks, certainly insufficient to produce a growth promoting environment. Instead of traditional training practices you must use HST techniques to create a consistent environment that the muscle must adapt to by growing larger and stronger.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Workout 21:
got really winded for some reason.
My lungs were burning, only thing I can guess is my lungs are raw from the upper respiratory infection and hacking up all that crap for 7 days.
Update: I'm felling much better.
Got through the whole workout, when I got home I realized I skipped stretching each muscle group after worked. I just forgot for some reason.
habajaba I did try the CORDYGEN-NANO2 powder, mixed it with my Jacked 3D, I'd have to say it worked very well. Got a better than usual pump, The pump in my Legs and Triceps were really intense. For me these 2 muscle groups almost always get a great pump. but they were painful. ( a good thing)
I took off Sun. and Monday and forgot I added in the CORDYGEN-NANO2 on Sat. (I prep all my stuff ahead of time) almost caught me off guard, I was like dam I'm getting a great pump today! then it dawned on me I had added it to my pre.
Looks like I'm going to have to add this to my arsenal of supplements!
Thanks, Top of my fridge and the counter by the blender already looks like a supplement store and pisses the wife off! lol

Note: I have always taken Arginine and this is much better when it comes to a pump. now I have 1/2 a tub of Arginine that I'm going to have to finish off. I hate throwing supplements away unless they just suck or I respond badly to them.
Note: I do Legs first and Triceps 3rd to last.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Workout 22:
Had a great workout going until the wife and daughter were done and wanted to go home. I took them home, came back to the Gym.
luckily my Gym is 4 blocks away. It was cold as Sh it out, lost my pump. they are going to have to take a separate car.
Workouts running about almost 3 hrs now. this includes Rotator rehab, stretching, and 15 Min. cardio. (if I feel like it)
I'm holding water. eating too much sodium. Homemade Chili, over marinated Chicken, and the wife's home made chicken enchiladas!
see why I'm Fat!

Oh ya the RPG BCAA, Sipped intra and performed as always!
forgot the CORDYGEN-NANO2 powder in my Pre. had to use the stim free last night. had to get to bed at a decent time. stayed up too late the night before if you no what I mean! :censored:

Week 5 12-28-2016 2.jpg

see what I mean. still Puffy.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I'm starting to get a puffy also

Looking solid as fk Studhorse!

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Looking solid as always brother.. and if you are feeling a little puffy just pound some extra water and cut back on the sodium thats all it is.. .. but Fat not even close brother!! stopping mid workout driving home and back would suck even being that close.. What you should have done is just had them both hop on your back and ran them home... get some cardio in too..lol .. My wife always drives separately, shes never there as long as I am..

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looking solid as always brother.. and if you are feeling a little puffy just pound some extra water and cut back on the sodium thats all it is.. .. but Fat not even close brother!! stopping mid workout driving home and back would suck even being that close.. What you should have done is just had them both hop on your back and ran them home... get some cardio in too..lol .. My wife always drives separately, shes never there as long as I am..
Oh I know not to eat that much sodium. she just made high sodium food for like 10 days strait! I always pound the water. My kidney stones get too big if I don't.
LOL! with my ankles I would have dropped them before I got out the door.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Ha I'll show you puffy .. this was me on the treadmill the other day

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workout 22:
Had a great workout going until the wife and daughter were done and wanted to go home. I took them home, came back to the Gym.
luckily my Gym is 4 blocks away. It was cold as Sh it out, lost my pump. they are going to have to take a separate car.
Workouts running about almost 3 hrs now. this includes Rotator rehab, stretching, and 15 Min. cardio. (if I feel like it)
I'm holding water. eating too much sodium. Homemade Chili, over marinated Chicken, and the wife's home made chicken enchiladas!
see why I'm Fat!

Oh ya the RGP, Sipped intra and performed as always!
forgot the CORDYGEN-NANO2 powder in my Pre. had to use the stim free last night. had to get to bed at a decent time. stayed up too late the night before if you no what I mean! :censored:

View attachment 143886
see what I mean. still Puffy.
Solid look, awesome shirt!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I poke your belly will you giggle?

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Lookin' good in here bud! I need to look at a 4 day HST program as a change of pace. I like how I train, but at some point I may need a serious change. If I had more time, there is a split that has my interest. I have it written down, but don't feel like hunting down my log....haha

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ryane87
Don't know of a 4 day HST. I have used a regular HST with a cardio day. I didn't really lean up any more. Only gave the cardio day 4 weeks. Thought it was a waist of time. I turned it into a bonus ab day for about 30 min. on the 4th day and responded better.

Post 9 has my current 4 day workout. You could use that format, but note it takes me 2.5 hrs., but I stretch for about 15min. Shoulders rehab 10 min. And 5 min. Stair climbing to warm up this old body. That's 30min. So let's say 1.5 hrs if you keep your set rest to 1 min. Also I get interrupted by guys at the gym but I try to keep those to the minimum and between exercises.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Workout 23:
Still going strong on the RPG BCAA intra.
Got in 3 hrs. last night.
Wife is sick and the daughter had an off day.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Found some Old Pics for Nov. 2015. was probably about 220lb.

Front 2015.jpg

Side 11-2015.jpg

Side 1 11-2015.jpg

bi 11-2015.jpg

Last week @ 201lb
week 5 12-28-2016.jpg

Week 5 12-28-20016 1.jpg

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Killer job... So much more definition now.. arms look bigger now too.. veins showing in your delts .. !

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Killer job... So much more definition now.. arms look bigger now too.. veins showing in your delts .. !
Arms use to be 18.5" now 17" but look so much better. not as much fat. Much stronger back then. could bench 225 for 25 reps. Haven't benched in close to a year.

Also lost one of those extra chins!

I know my first vein!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looking grand and cutting it up! Love the explanation for de conditioning.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
That is such a great job on your body redo. Losing 20 lbs and looking bigger ain't no joke.