Props to Nintendo

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pokémon Go is having a Valentines Day Event. It's already started, with double candy for catching and transferring, 1/2 walking distance, increased spawns of pink Pokémon, and I think extended lure times.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Pokémon Go is having a Valentines Day Event. It's already started, with double candy for catching and transferring, 1/2 walking distance, increased spawns of pink Pokémon, and I think extended lure times.
yep, lures are 6hrs (!)

apparently lots of chansey around too (I havent seen one yet in seattle where i am but have seen lots of people saying the found them all over). Porygon too.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yep, lures are 6hrs (!)

apparently lots of chansey around too (I havent seen one yet in seattle where i am but have seen lots of people saying the found them all over). Porygon too.
I just saw and caught my first Chansey at a lure a few minutes ago. My phone was at 2%, but I caught it.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
living on the edge haha
Haha. Now Porygon and Lapras are the only non-regional Gen 1 Pokémon I need that I can't just walk to evolve. I heard they took some 5k egg Pokémon and put them in the 2km eggs. Perhaps it's to get ready for Gen 2?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Haha. Now Porygon and Lapras are the only non-regional Gen 1 Pokémon I need that I can't just walk to evolve. I heard they took some 5k egg Pokémon and put them in the 2km eggs. Perhaps it's to get ready for Gen 2?
Yeah they shuffled a lot actually. Pinsir and scyther are 5's now too so the 10s are almost only the "worthwhile" ones (except the babies which I still hate cuz they're useless)

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I haven't played since the whole "we released a few gen 2 in eggs only" update.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gen 2 coming later this week apparently! Plus new berries, one to slow movement of Pokemon, one to double candy if caught on next throw.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Gen 2 coming later this week apparently! Plus new berries, one to slow movement of Pokemon, one to double candy if caught on next throw.
oh man... i've just started slowing down my play too haha... ppsssyyyyccchhheeeee (as of later)

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
oh man... i've just started slowing down my play too haha... ppsssyyyyccchhheeeee (as of later)
Same here, but the Valentine's Day event got me playing again, and got me my first 3 Chanseys. I also heard something about evolution stones coming with Gen 2.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Same here, but the Valentine's Day event got me playing again, and got me my first 3 Chanseys. I also heard something about evolution stones coming with Gen 2.
man, i was in denver yesterday and it was like a chansey fiesta in the airport... mustve caught 20 in the hour i was there.

atlanta is all lickitung and eggs

seattle last week was porygon and clefairy city

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
man, i was in denver yesterday and it was like a chansey fiesta in the airport... mustve caught 20 in the hour i was there.

atlanta is all lickitung and eggs

seattle last week was porygon and clefairy city
I have so many Exeggutors now, with pretty much every moveset:

Also lots of Lickitung, and a ton of Jigglypuff. Not many Cleffairy (2), and no Porygon.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I have so many Exeggutors now, with pretty much every moveset:

Also lots of Lickitung, and a ton of Jigglypuff. Not many Cleffairy (2), and no Porygon.
ive just been griding the hell out of everything I catch... I have like 500+ candies pidgeys and stuff and then like 250-300 for most of the pink guys except chansey (prob like 150)

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ive just been griding the hell out of everything I catch... I have like 500+ candies pidgeys and stuff and then like 250-300 for most of the pink guys except chansey (prob like 150)
Nice. I just really like Exeggutor I guess, and wanted to get a high CP&IV with every moveset. It's great for attacking with Solar Beam, and a good defender with 2 psychic moves.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Nice. I just really like Exeggutor I guess, and wanted to get a high CP&IV with every moveset. It's great for attacking with Solar Beam, and a good defender with 2 psychic moves.
I liked them until the cp buffing made them 2nd tier. I've just been trying to collect high IV's for most things now.

Except squirtles... I just hoard them all haha.

Gonna have to save up some coins to expand the storage tho with the new guys coming.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I liked them until the cp buffing made them 2nd tier. I've just been trying to collect high IV's for most things now.

Except squirtles... I just hoard them all haha.

Gonna have to save up some coins to expand the storage tho with the new guys coming.
Haha, I think there's a Squirtle nest about a mile from my house. It's too Blastoise has such low CP.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Haha, I think there's a Squirtle nest about a mile from my house. It's too Blastoise has such low CP.
My kingdom for a squirtle near close to home haha. They're always on like the other side of town for me no matter where I am... sad times.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Half price Pokémon storage upgrades starting tomorrow. That will be a huge help.

I went to buy one this morn and accidentally got a bag upgrade instead but now I don't feel like I wasted it ha

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gen 2 is up, but it's much slower/bugier than normal. I've been using a temporary Android phone since my iPhone broke, and it was definitely slower than my iPhone, but now it's super slow and buggy. Evolutions are almost always errors, although I did manage to evolve one Crobat. Sentret can also turn into a Ditto, as I just found out.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Game is still loading super slow, lots of reports of crashing and users unable to log in; it's like the original launch all over again, haha. Maybe it's for the best for me tonight, since I should really be studying for my Analysis of Structures exam. :)

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Moves have been dramatically changed (damage and number of charge bars), and Gen 1 Pokemon can learn new moves. I have an Exeggutor with Bullet Seed (8) and Solar Beam (which now does 180 damage). We'll have to wait and see for new DPS calculations to see what movesets are best.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Moves have been dramatically changed (damage and number of charge bars), and Gen 1 Pokemon can learn new moves. I have an Exeggutor with Bullet Seed (8) and Solar Beam (which now does 180 damage). We'll have to wait and see for new DPS calculations to see what movesets are best.
I'm loving the new guys so far. Like I said earlier I'm not familiar with hardly any of them so this is so exciting for me ha. Even the new commons are new to me.

Game seems to have sped up a lot now after the first hour or two where it was basically unplayable.

I evolved a blissey that is gonna be a monsterIMG_1487304477.860980.jpg

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm loving the new guys so far. Like I said earlier I'm not familiar with hardly any of them so this is so exciting for me ha. Even the new commons are new to me.

Game seems to have sped up a lot now after the first hour or two where it was basically unplayable.

I evolved a blissey that is gonna be a monsterView attachment 145442
Holy HP. That thing will piss a lot of people off in gyms, haha.

Silph Road has all the updated move DPS. I don't see anything showing movesets for each Pokemon, but you can click the moves and see which Pokemon can learn them.

Assuming that defenders still attach every 1.5 seconds regardless of the quick attack, confusion is now the strongest quick attack with 20 damage. Others, including bubble, are 15 at the most.

It looks like Machamp can get some good moves now (among the highest DPS for quick and charge), and so can Heracross, and they both get STAB bonuses for fighting type.

It also looks like some Gen 1 Pokemon can't learn old moves anymore (Legacy Movesets), including:

Exeggutor: Confusion, Zen Headbutt
Gyarados: Twister, Dragon Pulse
Snorlax: Body Slam
Dragonite: Dragon Breath, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Claw

Also, you can currently get Espeon and Umbreon now, but apparently only one of each ATM:
Naming a Eevee Sakura will give an Espeon on evolution. Tamao will give Umbreon. This time we know better than at the Rainer/Sparky/Pyro time, so use your 1-use name wisely on a high IV pokemon.
Nobody has managed to get an Umbreon/Espeon through the normal evolution process yet (no nickname). Might have some hidden condition (or a bug).

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Holy HP. That thing will piss a lot of people off in gyms, haha.

Silph Road has all the updated move DPS. I don't see anything showing movesets for each Pokemon, but you can click the moves and see which Pokemon can learn them.

Assuming that defenders still attach every 1.5 seconds regardless of the quick attack, confusion is now the strongest quick attack with 20 damage. Others, including bubble, are 15 at the most.

It looks like Machamp can get some good moves now (among the highest DPS for quick and charge), and so can Heracross, and they both get STAB bonuses for fighting type.

It also looks like some Gen 1 Pokemon can't learn old moves anymore (Legacy Movesets), including:

Exeggutor: Confusion, Zen Headbutt
Gyarados: Twister, Dragon Pulse
Snorlax: Body Slam
Dragonite: Dragon Breath, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Claw

Also, you can currently get Espeon and Umbreon now, but apparently only one of each ATM:
I still have a bunch of snorlax with body slam?

Just evolved the two eeveelutions last night. I went for higher cp than IV tho just to have something useful right away. Umbreon is useless tho anyways as it's so low cp.

I'm very interested to try out the battling with the move changes. Could really shake things up.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I still have a bunch of snorlax with body slam?

Just evolved the two eeveelutions last night. I went for higher cp than IV tho just to have something useful right away. Umbreon is useless tho anyways as it's so low cp.

I'm very interested to try out the battling with the move changes. Could really shake things up.
I used them on 82% or higher IV, and got a 1599 Espeon with confusion and psychic, so I'm not complaining. As you said, Umbreon is too low to be competitive. Reddit says you can now get more of them by evolving an Eevee you've walked 10+ km with. Evolving during the day gives Espeon, nighf gives Umbreon.

I saw a silhouette for a Maganeum (final grass starter evolution), but had to get to an exam before I could find it. I did mange to catch a Miltank, but a Sudowoodo ran from me (both 10km egg Pokemon).

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Regarding the new movesets for Gen 1 Pokemon, your old ones still keep them, but any new ones can't get them (legacy movesets), making them potentially valuable when reading is introduced.

Silph Road also added all new movesets and DPS for every Pokemon, which is great.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I just caught my first gen 2.
Nice! I saw a ton of people out again today. Seems like it has really picked up steam again with this release.

I think I have about 33 of the new guys so far but nothing exciting yet

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice! I saw a ton of people out again today. Seems like it has really picked up steam again with this release.

I think I have about 33 of the new guys so far but nothing exciting yet
Yeah there were lures up everywhere on campus and in the restaurant-area (not quite a downtown) today and tonight.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah there were lures up everywhere on campus and in the restaurant-area (not quite a downtown) today and tonight.
Yeah I heard that literally every single stop at GA tech (which is like 100s ha) was lured today

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've caught a few interesting Gen 2 Pokemon so far:

3rd Evolution Fire Starter:

Miltank, who is a 10km egg Pokemon:

and this guy, who has a cool dual typing, high max CP, and is apparently a "Central America" regional exclusive, who spawns below the Tauros line (I've heard it called the Tropic of Tauros), and can get very good moves, although mine didn't:

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

and this guy, who has a cool dual typing, high max CP, and is apparently a "Central America" regional exclusive, who spawns below the Tauros line (I've heard it called the Tropic of Tauros), and can get very good moves, although mine didn't:
Oh cool I thought heracross was only in central/South America. Where did you get him here?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Boynton Beach. Supposedly they spawn just below the Tauros line:
Woo looks like I'll have a chance when I leave for my cruise from Orlando next week! If not, I'll have to try my phone out on some islands if it works ha

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Woo looks like I'll have a chance when I leave for my cruise from Orlando next week! If not, I'll have to try my phone out on some islands if it works ha
Nice. It looks like the best moveset for him is Counter and Close Combat, which are the best fighting moves, and the third best quick and charge moves period. Supposedly he has 2900+ max CP too. He may be the only region exclusive in Gen 2, since Central America didn't get one in Gen 1.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Nice. It looks like the best moveset for him is Counter and Close Combat, which are the best fighting moves, and the third best quick and charge moves period. Supposedly he has 2900+ max CP too. He may be the only region exclusive in Gen 2, since Central America didn't get one in Gen 1.
There's actually a few places, Africa for instance has a bunch of countries that can play but no exclusive either

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established

Nice!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think it's pretty cool that some Pokemon have visual differences between the male and females (not my picture):

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I think it's pretty cool that some Pokemon have visual differences between the male and females (not my picture):
Ha yeah like the female wobbuffet with lipstick ha IMG_1487544642.769253.jpg

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Finally got my first evolution item on a 7 Day bonus spin:

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Finally got my first evolution item on a 7 Day bonus spin:
nice! so far I've gotten 2, one for slowking (and i f-ing eveolved the wrong one as i had a 96IV and some bs one to grind and clicked the wrong one) and one for bellossom.

Seems like a few people have gotten items on their 7th day spin... I'll find out tomorrow myself ha

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
nice! so far I've gotten 2, one for slowking (and i f-ing eveolved the wrong one as i had a 96IV and some bs one to grind and clicked the wrong one) and one for bellossom.

Seems like a few people have gotten items on their 7th day spin... I'll find out tomorrow myself ha
Nice, what moves did they get? Slowking seems to have better movesets (same quick moves, but a better move pool for charge moves) than Slowbro. As for Poliwrath vs Politoad, unless you get bubble/blizzard (vs Poliwraths bubble/ice punch), Poliwrath has better moves (Rock Smash > Mud Shot), and charge moves (both have hydro pump, and Dynamic Punch > Earthquake).

I just evolved 2 more Poliwrath, and got one with bubble/dynamic punch, and one with rock smash/dynamic punch, which makes it a pretty good STAB fighting type Pokemon. Bellossom seems to be similar to Vileplume, with a little less CP, but no poison typing, which can be pretty useful.

I think that these evolution item Pokemon are going to be relatively rare, because these items aren't very common at all.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Nice, what moves did they get? Slowking seems to have better movesets (same quick moves, but a better move pool for charge moves) than Slowbro. As for Poliwrath vs Politoad, unless you get bubble/blizzard (vs Poliwraths bubble/ice punch), Poliwrath has better moves (Rock Smash > Mud Shot), and charge moves (both have hydro pump, and Dynamic Punch > Earthquake).

I just evolved 2 more Poliwrath, and got one with bubble/dynamic punch, and one with rock smash/dynamic punch, which makes it a pretty good STAB fighting type Pokemon. Bellossom seems to be similar to Vileplume, with a little less CP, but no poison typing, which can be pretty useful.

I think that these evolution item Pokemon are going to be relatively rare, because these items aren't very common at all.
yeah theyre definitely rare... I didn't think so much so cuz I got two the first day but havent since and prob have 200+spins since then

Bellossom has razor leaf / dazzling gleam

Slowking has confusion/psychic

frankly neither is very useful for me as most of the time Im only prestiguing my own gyms...and neither is high enough cp to bother putting in one. The ones around my home are basically minimum 2700 at this point. Im pretty much locked in to dragonite, blissey, gyarados, vaporeon, snorlax, ryhorn, and maybe 2-3 others. Not exciting at all.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah theyre definitely rare... I didn't think so much so cuz I got two the first day but havent since and prob have 200+spins since then

Bellossom has razor leaf / dazzling gleam

Slowking has confusion/psychic

frankly neither is very useful for me as most of the time Im only prestiguing my own gyms...and neither is high enough cp to bother putting in one. The ones around my home are basically minimum 2700 at this point. Im pretty much locked in to dragonite, blissey, gyarados, vaporeon, snorlax, ryhorn, and maybe 2-3 others. Not exciting at all.
Slowking with confusion/psychic is pretty much exactly the same as Slowbro with that moveset. It's their strongest DPS moveset, but blizzard is close for Slowking, and probably more interesting.

As for what Gen 2 Pokemon (or Gen 1 with new movesets) have uses (or have new uses), the following have high CP and good movesets:

-Tyranitar (highest CP, but not many people have one yet)
-Espeon (3k max CP and good movesets)
-Donphan (3k max CP and decent moves)
-Heracross (2.9k max CP and good movesets)
-Exeggutor (2.9k max CP and now can have 2 grass moves)
-Machamp (2.9k max CP and very good fighting moves now)
-Scizor (2.8k max CP and good movesets)
-Ursaring (2.7k max CP and good movesets, good Snorlax counter with fighting moves)
-Ampharos (2.7k max CP and good electric movesets)

I think that confusion may be the best defensive quick move (20 damage vs the next most at 15). Espeon and Exeggutor can both learn confusion and have 2.9-3k max CP and not all that many amazing counters.

Gengar with hex is supposed to be an amazing attacker now, since hex does decent DPS and has great EPS. Charizard and Flareon with new moves are pretty good fire attackers now too.

There are a decent number of good prestigers now too:

-Primeape (and the 3 Hitmons) with counter/close combat is a great fighting type with lower CP
-Xatu has a great moveset with air slash and futuresight

There are probably more as well, it'll just take some time and testing to figure it out.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It looks like Poliwrath is going to be a great attacker against Tyranitar. He gets quick and charge type bonus fighting moves, which Tyranitar has a double weakness to (1.56x damage), and Poliwrath resists ALL of Tyranitar's moves, quick and charge (dark, steel, fire, and rock). So he's doing 1.56x damage and only taking 0.8x damage, so he's basically dishing out twice the damage as he's taking.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It looks like Poliwrath is going to be a great attacker against Tyranitar. He gets quick and charge type bonus fighting moves, which Tyranitar has a double weakness to (1.56x damage), and Poliwrath resists ALL of Tyranitar's moves, quick and charge (dark, steel, fire, and rock). So he's doing 1.56x damage and only taking 0.8x damage, so he's basically dishing out twice the damage as he's taking.
Still gonna be really tough considering the CP discrepancy tho. Even at max, Poli is gonna be heavily outmatched by even average Ty's

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Still gonna be really tough considering the CP discrepancy tho. Even at max, Poli is gonna be heavily outmatched by even average Ty's
Yeah, but for prestiging he could work well, since lower CP builds up the gym faster. Unfortunately, a high CP Vaporeon will still do a better job for attacking, but that's pretty boring. Machamp and Heracross would match up very well too, and have higher max CP than Poliwrath.

It's not much fun to just throw a Vape army at everything, haha. Have you ran into any Blisseys at gyms yet?