booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Building my army of level 1 Pokémon. Taking over a gym and then dropping in a <50 CP Snorlax is pretty funny; you go to battle it expecting a strong gym, and it's just 1 level 1 Snorlax.
Haha there's nothing more infuriating than seeing a level 10 of your team with a baby at the bottom... makes me wish you could attack your own gym to replace

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha there's nothing more infuriating than seeing a level 10 of your team with a baby at the bottom... makes me wish you could attack your own gym to replace
Some people actually have a second account with a different team that they use to bump low Pokémon out of gyms, or to take down low gyms entirely so they can put their Pokémon in and gain more exp, since it's much harder to prestige/level up gyms now than to take them down. Multiple accounts are against the TOS though.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Some people actually have a second account with a different team that they use to bump low Pokémon out of gyms, or to take down low gyms entirely so they can put their Pokémon in and gain more exp, since it's much harder to prestige/level up gyms now than to take them down. Multiple accounts are against the TOS though.
Ya that's just ****tty. Only time I've done that is have my gf beat one and then I take it. But at least she gets the exp for that so I don't fee bad ha

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been slacking...

Gen 2 looks very improved, hope I pick this back up more once it updates

I'd just go hard farming for Tyranitar to start lol
Gen 2 should be great, and should change up the same few Pokémon dominating gyms. With new moves they're talking about, do you think they'll only be for Gen 2 to change it up, or will Gen 1 Pokémon have their potential movesets changed as well.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Pretty excited the last two days... got back to pitt for thanksgiving and now have all the North American mon except Lapras and hitmonchan.

I've got 3 10k eggs saved up for thanksgiving event hopefully and fingers crossed to fill out the dex

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pretty excited the last two days... got back to pitt for thanksgiving and now have all the North American mon except Lapras and hitmonchan.

I've got 3 10k eggs saved up for thanksgiving event hopefully and fingers crossed to fill out the dex
Nice. I don't have either of those guys, but I still have others I have to catch too (never mind, I have a Hitmonchan, not a Hitmonlee). Maybe they can have one day events on Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee's birthdays for Hitmonchan and Hitmomlee that makes them more common. It's also possible Lapras and other ice Pokémon will be more common during Christmas time, but we'll see. What are your favorite/strongest Pokémon you have now?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Nice. I don't have either of those guys, but I still have others I have to catch too (never mind, I have a Hitmonchan, not a Hitmonlee). Maybe they can have one day events on Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee's birthdays for Hitmonchan and Hitmomlee that makes them more common. It's also possible Lapras and other ice Pokémon will be more common during Christmas time, but we'll see. What are your favorite/strongest Pokémon you have now?
My favorite will always be squirtle haha. I collect them when I catch them. Refuse to grind them after I got blastoise ha. (Even before I had an internal struggle grinding a few)
IMG_1479692386.353533.jpg

My strongest are just ok. I haven focused at all on IV, more just kept powering up whoever was already the strongest. My poor dragonite had to come all the way up from 200's cp through <5 dratini and the rest walking... brutal. Now he's been stuck on top of an odd gym in a goofy place where I doubt he may ever get taken down so I haven't even gotten to power him up further ha. Need another one bad.

I think the only 3 that are maxed (I'm at lv 29) are the top ex, vap, and gyrados. The rest have room to up of needed
IMG_1479692594.285366.jpg

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My favorite will always be squirtle haha. I collect them when I catch them. Refuse to grind them after I got blastoise ha. (Even before I had an internal struggle grinding a few)
View attachment 142463

My strongest are just ok. I haven focused at all on IV, more just kept powering up whoever was already the strongest. My poor dragonite had to come all the way up from 200's cp through <5 dratini and the rest walking... brutal. Now he's been stuck on top of an odd gym in a goofy place where I doubt he may ever get taken down so I haven't even gotten to power him up further ha. Need another one bad.

I think the only 3 that are maxed (I'm at lv 29) are the top ex, vap, and gyrados. The rest have room to up of needed
View attachment 142464
Haha, that's quite a Squirtle squad. I don't even have a Dragonite yet. My only maxed out mon is my top Exeggutor, and I'm working on maxing my Venusaur (the other Exeggutor and Vileplume are pretty close too). Once Gen 2 comes out, I may max out some other guys depending on their moves and stuff. I'm only level 25 though.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Haha, that's quite a Squirtle squad. I don't even have a Dragonite yet. My only maxed out mon is my top Exeggutor, and I'm working on maxing my Venusaur (the other Exeggutor and Vileplume are pretty close too). Once Gen 2 comes out, I may max out some other guys depending on their moves and stuff. I'm only level 25 though.
What have you been using to calc IV's?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What have you been using to calc IV's?
https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator
Seems to be pretty accurate. It usually gives you one number, but sometimes it can only narrow it down to a few options. The cool thing is once you have it calculated, you can drag the level slider and it'll tell you the worst and best possible stats for that Pokémon at that level, and the stats for your Pokémon at that level. It helps show how much of a difference IV actually makes.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Evolved my shellder today as part of a mass evolve... came out with a pretty sweet move set so I maxed him out for dragons. Not the best for cp but hopefully the double ice moves will offset that IMG_1479708268.990619.jpg

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Evolved my shellder today as part of a mass evolve... came out with a pretty sweet move set so I maxed him out for dragons. Not the best for cp but hopefully the double ice moves will offset that View attachment 142471
My Dewgong has the same moves, but apparently Icy Wind sucks.

But perhaps not as badly as the numbers above show:

Even if it's only 74% of the ideal Cloyster, he still gets STAB and 2x super effective against Dragonite, so should still be pretty damn good against them. Is your Dewgong any good?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wonder if lucky eggs will be quad xp then? If so, I'm gonna be piiisssseeeddd I just evolved everyone ha
I think everything will be double XP, maybe even the daily/weekly bonuses, so using a lucky egg + double XP on Day 7 bonus should be a lot. I have a lot of evolutions waiting for Gen 2, which may be on Dec 7.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I think everything will be double XP, maybe even the daily/weekly bonuses, so using a lucky egg + double XP on Day 7 bonus should be a lot. I have a lot of evolutions waiting for Gen 2, which may be on Dec 7.
So mad right now ha. Gonna have to just go sit in a farming location and catch everything one day

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So mad right now ha. Gonna have to just go sit in a farming location and catch everything one day
If you're mad now, go check your Pokémons' CP right now. Not sure if you'll be happy or mad though.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My Vileplumes and Victreebells got nerfed by ~200 CP, Exeggutors lost a little, Venusaur stayed about the same (which is good, he SHOULD be stronger than Vileplume and Victreebell IMO), but Gyarados got a nice boost, and Gengar is finally useful with a pretty huge boost.

Edit: Is Jolteon actually useful now?

Edit 2: Kadabra got a massive boost too (I don't have an Alakazam).

Hypno got taken down a notch.

Ryhorn got like a 50% increase in CP (656 > 937!)

Scyther got a few hundred boost, and so did Pinsir.

What's going on? Rebalancing for Gen 2?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My Vileplumes and Victreebells got nerfed by ~200 CP, Exeggutors lost a little, Venusaur stayed about the same (which is good, he SHOULD be stronger than Vileplume and Victreebell IMO), but Gyarados got a nice boost, and Gengar is finally useful with a pretty huge boost.

Edit: Is Jolteon actually useful now?
Was just about to post this... my tops are totally different today ha IMG_1479757206.577900.jpg

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Wow this is nuts. All the eevolutions got boosted. Much more balanced. I just spent a ton of dust powering up my ebuzz the other day cuz he was stronger than jolteons and now they're way better... I totally got hosed with all the moves I just made. Like 90k worth of dust mostly wasted powering up the wrong guys now. Ouch.

My cloyster got a HUGE boost tho. He was maxed at 1707 and is now 2070

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow this is nuts. All the eevolutions got boosted. Much more balanced. I just spent a ton of dust powering up my ebuzz the other day cuz he was stronger than jolteons and now they're way better... I totally got hosed with all the moves I just made. Like 90k worth of dust mostly wasted powering up the wrong guys now. Ouch.

My cloyster got a HUGE boost tho. He was maxed at 1707 and is now 2070
Damn, Clyoster should be killer against Dragonites now. It's nice to see Gengar actually be useful, and Alakazam >>>>> Hypno now.
Just pumped some dust into my Jolteon now that he's useful:

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Fairies are all useless now.

Gowlithe/arcanine got a kick in the nuts (had a 900+ growl I was about to evolve that got dumped to 700's)

Alakazam went from 700s and almost maxed to 1400s and only half way

Machamp evos got a small boost

Looks like all grass got nerfed. My vbells are useless now.

Golem evos got a boost

Slowpoke evos got dumped

Magneton evos boosted

Krabby boosted

Hitmonlee got a massive boost

Chansey douvled cp

Seadra boosted a little.

Snorlax, dragonite, omastar, kabuto, aerodactly all boosted.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fairies are all useless now.

Gowlithe/arcanine got a kick in the nuts (had a 900+ growl I was about to evolve that got dumped to 700's)

Alakazam went from 700s and almost maxed to 1400s and only half way

Machamp evos got a small boost

Looks like all grass got nerfed. My vbells are useless now.

Golem evos got a boost

Slowpoke evos got dumped

Magneton evos boosted

Krabby boosted

Hitmonlee got a massive boost

Chansey douvled cp

Seadra boosted a little.

Snorlax, dragonite, omastar, kabuto, aerodactly all boosted.
Not ALL grass got nerfed. Eggs is within 100 or so, and had such high CP to begin with, and Venusaur stated pretty much the same.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some interesting new CPs:

Exeggutor 2916 (with 2x weakness to bug, Scyther and Pinsir can legitimately take down high-CP Eggs)
Scyther 2464
Pinsir 2770

Jolteon 2730 (finally useful against good water Pokemon like Lapras and Vaporeon, and killer against Gyarados)
Lapras 2980
Vaporeon 3157
Gyarados 3281

Gengar 2619
Alakazam 2887 (they're finally useful)

Hitmonlee 2406
Hitmonchan 2098 (maybe they'll be decent now)

Rhydon 3300 (a new top-tier Pokemon it looks like)
Golem 2916

Source (from Reddit):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_WS9FIGSlKVk6XAJTE3TxXIqlBPIQ5Lsx5qifE72vXY/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interestingly, it looks like the top CP Pokémon all have double weaknesses:

Dragonite (3581) Ice
Rhydon (3300) Water/Grass
Gyarados (3281) Electric

Screw it, just maxed out my Jolteon to celebrate the rebalancing:

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Perhaps the double stardust during the Thanksgiving event because of the CP adjustments; some people's Pokémon are now a lot worse, or now they have completely new Pokémon that are worth upgrading.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Perhaps the double stardust during the Thanksgiving event because of the CP adjustments; some people's Pokémon are now a lot worse, or now they have completely new Pokémon that are worth upgrading.
Ya this will be a huge help getting a new top lineup together. Gyms are gonna see a huge shift in the "standards" you see over the next couple days.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ya this will be a huge help getting a new top lineup together. Gyms are gonna see a huge shift in the "standards" you see over the next couple days.
I like it, since now you may actually have a useful team of "favorites" that's pretty good, instead of just a ton of Vaporeon/Snorlax/Lapras/Exeggutor/Arcanines. Yeah, they're all still good, but there are a LOT more useful Pokémon now.

Hell, Kingler has close to 2700 max CP now, and Tangela is pretty much on level ground as Victreebel and Vileplume now. I'm glad Venusaur is still good. But with so many high CP water Pokémon, and now stronger ground/rock Pokémon like Rhydon and Golem, grass will still be VERY good IMO. Electric is great against water too, finally, but is weak against rock types, where grass is good against both.

I just removed duplicate Pokémon from my favorites, and this is what it looks like now, so much diversity:

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
WHHHAAATT??!! Yessssaz
You catch him by catching some random common Pokémon (mine was a Pidgey, but people on Reddit also mention Rattata, Zubat, Magikarp, and maybe some other ones), and when you catch it, it goes through a cool transform animation and is then registered as a Ditto, so you can't accidentally transfer it workout knowing it's a Ditto. It doesn't show up on the radar as a Ditto though.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Oh man. Must've just come up today as I was or catching everything for prob 2hrs last night. Guess I'll be doing it again ha.

Thanks for the tip!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
That's a cool way to add in Ditto, might make people hate it less when they encounter those common Pokemon now

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's a cool way to add in Ditto, might make people hate it less when they encounter those common Pokemon now
Yeah, especially with the double dust and xp going on now. They've managed to make people want to catch the common/annoying Pokémon.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any thoughts on shiny Pokémon? Supposedly some "shiny" code was found in the game recently. Some people think that maybe 100% IV will be shiny. In the original games, the odds of getting a shiny are 1 in 8192, and the odds of getting a 100% IV in GO are 1 in 4096, so exactly 2x as likely.

What perfect IVs does everyone have. I have a Raticate, Butterfree, and Parasect.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Scrolled up and wow Boone your lineup is high CP, someone has slacked much less than I lol

My tops:
IMG_1479929335.531300.jpg

Shiny better not be those odds lol I'd go for 1/1000 maybe

Or good luck getting a shiny version of any rare

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I want shinys to be very rare; it's the only thing that gives them value, besides some of them looking awesome. If my 100% Parasect with ideal bug moves ends up being shiny, I'll definitely max him out to destroy Exeggutors with style, haha.

Jealous of the Lapras, I still don't have one. Jynx also got a huge boost, but mine is still pretty low CP. I just evolved my first Rhydon a few minutes ago (with Rock Smash and Earthquake).

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I haven't even powered that Jynx, bet it would hit 1900+

My Rhydon is...
Rock Smash and Stone Edge

My top CP Snorlax has Earthquake when needed

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Man I'm super jealous of that lapras (and ditto)

Hatched the 3 10k eggs I'd been holding for the event and got 2 scyther and a magmar :| so mad.

Also hatched a ton of other garbage all of which were super repetitive. At one point I hatched this all simultaneously:
Psyduck-krabby-psyduck-krabby-psyduck-goldeen

Don't know where the heck all these water guys came from as there's not much near where I live in atl which is where most of the eggs I had should've been from.

Still no luck with ditto even tho I've prob caught 200+ guys in the last day. I do get excited for pidgey and ratatta tho now ha

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Updated list of stats and max CP of every Pokemon (including optional Gen 2), since the formula has been figured out again:
https://thesilphroad.com/species-stats

Tyranitar should have the highest non-legendary CP (3670 vs 3581 for Dragonite)

Some Gen 2 Evolutions from Gen 1:

Espeon 3000
Umbreon 2052
Scizor 2801 (up from Scyther's 2464, but Scizor's only weakness is double to fire)
Slowking 2482 (same as Slowbro)
Crobat 2466 (up from Golbat's 1830)
Steelix 2439 (up from Onix's 1002)
Kingdra 2424 (up from Seadra's 1979, but Kingdra's only weakness are dragon and fairy)
Politoed 2371 (down from Poliwrath's 2441)
Bellossom 2108 (down from Vileplume's 2367)

Man, grass types are really down. Meganium (Gen 2 Grass Starter) looks like only 2227 CP, and Bellossom is even lower than Vileplume, Victreebell, Meganium, and even Tangela. Looks like Exeggutor and Venusaur are going to be the only real high-level viable grass types, unless Gen 2 has some ridiculous moves and/or they make super effective and not very effective more important (1.5-2x instead of 1.25x).

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Updated list of stats and max CP of every Pokemon (including optional Gen 2), since the formula has been figured out again:
https://thesilphroad.com/species-stats

Tyranitar should have the highest non-legendary CP (3670 vs 3581 for Dragonite)

Some Gen 2 Evolutions from Gen 1:

Espeon 3000
Umbreon 2052
Scizor 2801 (up from Scyther's 2464, but Scizor's only weakness is double to fire)
Slowking 2482 (same as Slowbro)
Crobat 2466 (up from Golbat's 1830)
Steelix 2439 (up from Onix's 1002)
Kingdra 2424 (up from Seadra's 1979, but Kingdra's only weakness are dragon and fairy)
Politoed 2371 (down from Poliwrath's 2441)
Bellossom 2108 (down from Vileplume's 2367)

Man, grass types are really down. Meganium (Gen 2 Grass Starter) looks like only 2227 CP, and Bellossom is even lower than Vileplume, Victreebell, Meganium, and even Tangela. Looks like Exeggutor and Venusaur are going to be the only real high-level viable grass types, unless Gen 2 has some ridiculous moves and/or they make super effective and not very effective more important (1.5-2x instead of 1.25x).
Ya grass is painfully under powered now. Only real use is as an attacker vs water or ground. Bummer.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any luck catching Dittos? I have 5 so far, one with 86-89% IV.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Any luck catching Dittos? I have 5 so far, one with 86-89% IV.
Just one. I caught probably close to 250 in the first couple days of the event and it was literally the last pidgey I caught on my way up to my hunting camp where I have no cell service. Just got back today but haven't caught any more yet.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Lots of rumors of gen 2 coming on thursday 12/8... confirmed that something with starbucks is coming that day but it sounds like there will be some other really big things coming with that update too

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Love the new startup screen. My man squirtle doing work ha
IMG_1481569681.763178.jpg

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Love the new startup screen. My man squirtle doing work ha
View attachment 143158
Nice. I just saw that. I haven't been playing much lately though, partially because of the new tracking system (although I am getting a few "sightings" on my tracker again now when I'm not in range of many Pokestops), and partially because I haven't had much time. Introducing the legendary Pokemon and/or Gen 2 will get me playing again though.