Props to Nintendo

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it supposed to patch to Gen 2 this year?

I have more candy than I can use, I run out of Stardust faster so they are all building up on the Pokemon that can't evolve higher

Like stupid Jynx, I have over 100 candy I'll never use lol

Onyx I can't wait to get to a Steelix, (and my Scyther) the steel crossovers were among the coolest Pokemon changes IMO
I don't think it's till next year, at least that's what I heard. I hear you on having a ton of random candy; I have 100+ Pinsir candy.

Onyx is so useless right now, so Steelix better be good. I think Scizzor will go good too, Scyther just doesn't have the best moves most of the time ATM. Crobat should also be pretty good (Golbat has bad charge moves too), Kingdra will be another high-CP dragon type, Bellossom will probably be the best pure grass type (most are also poison, and Exeggutor is also psychic), Slowking is cool, but not much different than Slowbro, and of course the new Eeveelutions will be good. I also really want a Tyranitar, he's one of my favorite Pokémon.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Very nice to all the above, we're all jelly of a few things it seems

Game needs a trading system for candies still, would be great when meeting up with someone from another country/state/whatever

Ps. "Rocky" looks legit on the Poliwrath, I hadn't seen the pose yet
oh man, rocky is spot on haha.. you're the king of nicknames! changing that one now

and ya I ahve a few guys like pinsir and scyther that i have ridic amounts of candy for... of course the ones I want it for (charmander, squirtle, and some of the rares like dragonite and snorlax) I have nothing and am stuck walking them forever

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
and damn i need to start learning the gen 2's... I literally know nothing beyond the OG's since I only ever played r/b/y. Need to upgrade my nerd status badddddd

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
oh man, rocky is spot on haha.. you're the king of nicknames! changing that one now

and ya I ahve a few guys like pinsir and scyther that i have ridic amounts of candy for... of course the ones I want it for (charmander, squirtle, and some of the rares like dragonite and snorlax) I have nothing and am stuck walking them forever
Haha, thanks.

Bulbasaur is the only relatively common starter around me (I caught one 1318 CP Venusaur with low IV, and I have 82 candy for an Ivysaur I evolved with high IV), but only have 1 candy for the high IV Charmelion I evolved, and 14 candy for a low IV Wartortle. I'd like to see more Growlithe around me; I got lucky and caught an Arcanine. He has low IV, but I don't really care since he has the best moveset, and a ton more health than Flareon at a similar CP. Unless they allow you to change moves, moveset >>> IV.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
and damn i need to start learning the gen 2's... I literally know nothing beyond the OG's since I only ever played r/b/y. Need to upgrade my nerd status badddddd
Gen 2 has some cool Pokémon.

Onix evolves into Steelix, who looks awesome:

Scyther evolves into Scizor:

^both are now also steel types^

Eevee gets psychic and dark type evolutions:

Seadra evolves into part-dragon Kingdra (who should not be that far off from Dragonite):

Golbat evolves into Crowbat (who should also be really good CP wise):

Tyranitar is basically the Dragonite of Gen 2, except he looks like Godzilla:

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Gen 2 has some cool Pokémon.

Onix evolves into Steelix, who looks awesome:

Scyther evolves into Scizor:

^both are now also steel types^

Eevee gets psychic and dark type evolutions:

Seadra evolves into part-dragon Kingdra (who should not be that far off from Dragonite):

Golbat evolves into Crowbat (who should also be really good CP wise):

Tyranitar is basically the Dragonite of Gen 2, except he looks like Godzilla:
oh man... these are fun haha. what versions of the game were these from?

edit: tyranitar comes from something or just a solo? and he looks exactly like godzilla/the green power ranger's zord haha

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in South Florida, and I just want to say it'd be awesome if they made it so a ton of water type Pokémon, and maybe some flying/dragon ones too, showed up around the time of the hurricane that's coming. Granted, it would be dangerous for people to go chasing a Blastoise or Gyarados in the middle of a hurricane, but it'd still be pretty cool.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
oh man... these are fun haha. what versions of the game were these from?

edit: tyranitar comes from something or just a solo? and he looks exactly like godzilla/the green power ranger's zord haha
Gen 2 is pretty good, especially Crystal on GBC, since after you beat the game, you can go back to Kanto (Gen 1) and battle the gyms there.

Tyranitar is a 3rd evolution, just like Dragonite:

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Tyranitar is king of badassery.

So much so I kept this:

IMG_1475693904.933704.jpg

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did anyone else picture Nidoking and Nidoqueen to be bigger?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Lol I hadn't considered that now we can see side by sides with the character now!

Interested to see the largest ones there

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Gen 2 is pretty good, especially Crystal on GBC, since after you beat the game, you can go back to Kanto (Gen 1) and battle the gyms there.

Tyranitar is a 3rd evolution, just like Dragonite:
Just went full nerd and looked all the gen2 stuff up for GO... now im even more excited ha

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Lol I hadn't considered that now we can see side by sides with the character now!

Interested to see the largest ones there
Its snorlax. by far... dragonite is pretty big too but not even close to snorlax.

theres a few that sit on your shoulder too (caterpie/weedle)

also I saw that if you walk a picachu 10k it moves up to your shoulder

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I walked my Pikachu 23/24 and yes it was riding my shoulder,

Cool look to it, I don't know which Pokemon I'd want as a buddy just for fun if/once I "catch them all" (good luck lol)

Loving the buddy system though, get more from racking up distance

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Haunter is a fun one... pretty huge and creeping over your shoulder like a mofo haha

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haunter is a fun one... pretty huge and creeping over your shoulder like a mofo haha
Speaking of Haunter, Pokemon GO is doing some stuff for Halloween. You get 2x candy for catching and transferring Pokemon, and buddy Pokemon get candy in only 1/4 the distance (so you get 4x the candy for walking them). Also, ghost type and some other Pokemon are a lot more common through Halloween (Ghastly, Haunter, Gengar, Drowzee, Hypno, Zubat, and Crobat). I've also seen more Cubones than normal on my radar, but none of the messages mentioned this, but he does sort of fit the theme. Fastpokemap is also back up, so this is a good week to pick the game back up.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looking at Fastpokemap, there's one neighborhood (probably less than 1 square mile) that has 10 Ghastly at one time, and that's a few minutes after having 2 Gengar and a Marowak at the same time. There's definitely more Cubones than normal too.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Speaking of Haunter, Pokemon GO is doing some stuff for Halloween. You get 2x candy for catching and transferring Pokemon, and buddy Pokemon get candy in only 1/4 the distance (so you get 4x the candy for walking them). Also, ghost type and some other Pokemon are a lot more common through Halloween (Ghastly, Haunter, Gengar, Drowzee, Hypno, Zubat, and Crobat). I've also seen more Cubones than normal on my radar, but none of the messages mentioned this, but he does sort of fit the theme. Fastpokemap is also back up, so this is a good week to pick the game back up.
There's been a ton of cubone, hypno, ghastly, haunter, gengar, drowzee all around my house which is never more than a pidgey and ratatta ha.

Super psyched about the candies too as I have a few guys I wanna evolve but can't find

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There's been a ton of cubone, hypno, ghastly, haunter, gengar, drowzee all around my house which is never more than a pidgey and ratatta ha.

Super psyched about the candies too as I have a few guys I wanna evolve but can't find
Nice. I haven't seen a Gengar yet, just on Fastpokemap. Same with Marowack (although one is on my radar, but involves about 1/2 a mile of walking due to lakes/roads/houses). I have caught a decent amount of Ghastly, a few Haunter, and a couple of Drowzee tonight, which is nice.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Tonight is crazy.

Gengar and Marowak, + 5 ghastlys and 2 Cubones

I am stocking up for that double exchange!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tonight is crazy.

Gengar and Marowak, + 5 ghastlys and 2 Cubones

I am stocking up for that double exchange!
Very nice. I used the double candy to transfer some extras I had, and 4x the candy for my Snorlax should help get him up to 2000, but I'm thinking of using it to help evolve some other Pokemon instead. I don't have a Gengar, Hypno, or Marowak, so this is a nice change of pace. I think you get 2x candy when you hatch an egg too, which would be great, but I'm not sure.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Very nice. I used the double candy to transfer some extras I had, and 4x the candy for my Snorlax should help get him up to 2000, but I'm thinking of using it to help evolve some other Pokemon instead. I don't have a Gengar, Hypno, or Marowak, so this is a nice change of pace. I think you get 2x candy when you hatch an egg too, which would be great, but I'm not sure.
Yep double hatch candy.

Gonna stock up on incubators and go for a nice bike ride

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Caught an 86 CP Gengar, haha. I also caught enough Cubones to evolve one into a Marowak. I think Meowth is also more common right now; I've been seeing more of them than normal tonight.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Caught an 86 CP Gengar, haha. I also caught enough Cubones to evolve one into a Marowak. I think Meowth is also more common right now; I've been seeing more of them than normal tonight.
definitely more meowth... all over the place around here too.

Im peeved tho... literally just evolved a marowak like a week ago and got enough candy for gyrados monday ha. had to hatch a cubone one from an egg to get enough candy.

bout to scratch off ryhorn, magneton, electrode, and hopefully blastoise in the next day or so... then I'm gonna make a run at charmeleon and charizard... only have 9 candies tho so a looonnngggg way to go for those ones.

Finally saw my first and caught magmar last night too. pretty psyched about that even tho hes not great or terribly special.

Still in need of the hitmon's, lapras, and a few other of the rares... my 10 hatches have been lameeeeeeee.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
definitely more meowth... all over the place around here too.

Im peeved tho... literally just evolved a marowak like a week ago and got enough candy for gyrados monday ha. had to hatch a cubone one from an egg to get enough candy.

bout to scratch off ryhorn, magneton, electrode, and hopefully blastoise in the next day or so... then I'm gonna make a run at charmeleon and charizard... only have 9 candies tho so a looonnngggg way to go for those ones.

Finally saw my first and caught magmar last night too. pretty psyched about that even tho hes not great or terribly special.

Still in need of the hitmon's, lapras, and a few other of the rares... my 10 hatches have been lameeeeeeee.
Magmar is pretty common in South Florida, but Electibuzz is non-existent, and Magnimite and Voltorb are very rare as well. I need to catch one more Koffing to evolve it, and I'm walking a Pikachu for easy candy (every 0.25km). I'm in a similar boat as you with a Charmelion, but it's a very high IV. I have Hitmonchan, but not Lee, and no Lapras yet either.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Magmar is pretty common in South Florida, but Electibuzz is non-existent, and Magnimite and Voltorb are very rare as well. I need to catch one more Koffing to evolve it, and I'm walking a Pikachu for easy candy (every 0.25km). I'm in a similar boat as you with a Charmelion, but it's a very high IV. I have Hitmonchan, but not Lee, and no Lapras yet either.
i caught an ebuzz way early on randomly somewhere... maybe NY? hes been a beast too long before I knew the IV's and such. I literally hadn't even seen a magmar on my radar (except in gyms) with all my travels yet which was crazy.

got 5 eggs in incubators right now (2 10's) so I'm hoping for some goodies... eggs have been such a disappointment for me tho. only fun thing I hatched was an aerodactyl (which I have only ever seen 1 on the radar before) and that was last week ha. Even my 10's always seem to hatch garbage that I could get from 2's or lame 5's.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Electric types are still never around here

Need Magneton and Electrode

Only 10k I still need are Hitmonlee and Aerodactyl (which Jana just got)

It's getting cold here, winter is coming so I'm walking while I can

Ps. Magmar has a nest in our park, make a trip North

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Electric types are still never around here

Need Magneton and Electrode

Only 10k I still need are Hitmonlee and Aerodactyl (which Jana just got)

It's getting cold here, winter is coming so I'm walking while I can

Ps. Magmar has a nest in our park, make a trip North
yeah theyre almost never around here either... hatched all but 1 voltorb and 2 magnemite (randoms)

you guys keep making it harder and harder for us to come up for work... literally its almost impossible to work in CA and the effort to get a visa is outrageous. Gonna have to make a personal trip ha

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pikachu candy is just rolling in. It's not even tracking the 0.25km most of the time, but just adding 1 candy to the total.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just hatched my first Machop from a 5km egg, and with the double candy, I still have 12 candy after evolving him.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Pikachu candy is just rolling in. It's not even tracking the 0.25km most of the time, but just adding 1 candy to the total.
2 more magnemite candy and I'll be rolling my geodude like this ha.

leave phone plugged into power, turn it to power save, let the free candies roll in

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2 more magnemite candy and I'll be rolling my geodude like this ha.

leave phone plugged into power, turn it to power save, let the free candies roll in
Haha, yeah. 2 more Pikachu candy, then I'll see what I'll walk next. I really want a Machamp, but that's a lot of candy for my Machoke. Same with my Graveler to Golem. Rhyhorn to Rhydon isn't as much candy though. I guess it also depends on what I hatch from eggs.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just caught my first Electabuzz; it's the first one I've even seen on my map.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just caught my first Electabuzz; it's the first one I've even seen on my map.
haha its becuase we just talked about it!

I'm in the same boat with machoke... have like 7 candies and want machamp. there were rumors of a aprk not too far from me that might have a spawn point but I dont have a ton of time to head over. of course the double candy weekend Im busy as hell.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Who you gonna call?

IMG_1477682459.955326.jpg

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A hypnotist?

What're the best Hypno and Gengar you guys have caught?

The Gengar is 69% IV, and the Hypno is 87%.

Gastly and it's evolutions are relatively rare here, and Drowzee/Hypno are really uncommon too, so I'm going to get at least 1 really good Gengar and Hypno, and keep a ton of candy for them to keep at high levels.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I ran into a wild 1460 Hypno earlier, just barely beating my existing.

Got away

Oh well though it's not like I'm short on candy if I want to jack up a Hypno's CP...

But Alakazam >>> Hypno

Still on that hunt

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I ran into a wild 1460 Hypno earlier, just barely beating my existing.

Got away

Oh well though it's not like I'm short on candy if I want to jack up a Hypno's CP...

But Alakazam >>> Hypno

Still on that hunt
In Pokémon GO, Hypno may be better though.

Max CP: 2184 vs 1813
Attack: 162 vs 186
Defense: 196 vs 152
Health: 170 vs 110

Alakazam does have a better best quick move (15.4 DPS vs 14.3), but the same best charge move (Psychic).

It's mostly because Alakazam has very high speed (almost 2x Hypno), but speed doesn't mean much in GO (think Jolteon).

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Don't kill my childish desires/dreams!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't kill my childish desires/dreams!

Haha, Alakazam is cooler though. Also, Alakazam has very high special attack/defense, but low physical, where Hypno is more in the middle of both, but GO just has attack and defense, so Alakazam's attack is still higher, but there's no difference between special and physical. Since physic moves are mostly special, Alakazam should be a lot stronger with moves like psychic than Hypno.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
IMG_1477699110.813454.jpg best hypno. Gengars have been weak but I've got some epic haunter a to evolve.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks like the Halloween event is over; no more double candy or 1/4 walking distances, but I hear they're planning something similar for Thanksgiving.

Tyvocules

Tyvocules

Awards
Super metroid is the best Nintendo game ever. I tried go and couldn't get into it.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Looks like the Halloween event is over; no more double candy or 1/4 walking distances, but I hear they're planning something similar for Thanksgiving.
man, it was a great run tho. i was able to hatch a ton of eggs and get like 75 candy for my charmander after finishing off magneton, rhydon, and electrode. also managed to hatch a chansey which i was psyched about.

on thing that sucked was out of the 4 10km eggs I hatched, only the chansey was good... the rest were eevee, oddish, and ponyta. I was pppiiissssseeedddd

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What do you guys think will be the special for thanksgiving?

I would think birds? maybe a release of the 3 legendary ones?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
According to this article,

• Spearow
• Fearow
• Psyduck
• Golduck
• Slowpoke
• Slowbro
• Ponyta
• Rapidash

https://www.google.com/amp/www.slashgear.com/pokemon-go-update-secret-event-2-hits-thanksgiving-week-02462481/amp/

Christmas with ice types (Lapras, Dewgong, Jynx, etc) would be awesome as well.
bleh that sucks. dont really need or care aboout any of those as theyre already reasonably common. I do like the buddy portion tho so that will be welcome. Im fairly close to completing my dex as is so I may only need stuff to hatch by then.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bleh that sucks. dont really need or care aboout any of those as theyre already reasonably common. I do like the buddy portion tho so that will be welcome. Im fairly close to completing my dex as is so I may only need stuff to hatch by then.
Nice. What's you Pokedex at? I'm only at 116/119, but I'm working on evolving a few, and have some nice duplicates that I can hopefully use to trade for some of the rarer Pokemon I don't already have. I'm thinking they'll also increase the spawn rate for some rarer Pokemon, as out of those, only Ponyta and Rapidash are even somewhat rare. Maybe there'll be some "unanounced" increases like we had with Cubone, Marowak, Meowth, and Persian. I'd like to see SOME 3-stage evolution (like Gengar for Halloween) included in the event.