Pregnolone and DHEA

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Insomnia is a classic sign of the beginning of over training.

I am really surprised that you run preg at that high of a dose and had no side effects related to e2. That would keep me awake for days, btw.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Did the same thing to me at 50-100mg Preg, crazy insomnia! And super hot, sweating in 60 degree A/C which felt like torture haha talk about an imbalance!

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
It's weird that I have been hearing and reading so much about this lately because I had to call my endo today to update insurance info and he quickly ran through my charts on the phone. He asked if we had ever discussed adding this in and I said no, that we found a good protocol with my test cyp injects and I felt really good. He tells me that I am mid range and that he think I could feel even better if I were in the top range for DHEA and now wants me to take sublingual DHEA 25mg 2xd and 50mg of pregnolone and then run labs in a month.

I just picked the stuff up that he recommended, so I guess we'll be seeing how this works out.
test or TRT ONLY covers testosterone... there are MANY other factors that you lose out on if you dont add prengn or DHEA IMO.
I would NEVER rec or do HRT without daily Pregnolone and/or DHEA.. EVER.. if you have to pick only one then get Pregnolone, but i rec both also..
there is a whole chain reaction of hormones before the hormone testosterone. ist good to take the "mother" hormones before test so your body can use and convert whats needed/used to.
an HRT of only testosterone shots/creams is not an optimal HRT.

good luck! : )

PS. took my DHEA and preng, no ****... 5 min ago! haha.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I take about 50-100mg preng ed btw

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
daily? for how long now?
like 2 or 3 years now. sometimes i miss a day ( busy) but 5-6 days out of the week i take it. i was on hrt alone for a couple years before that, and i felt a lil better after adding it in i think.
I been using LG's M1D and the preng for a year now since i had a BUNCH of M1D and it is DHEA, with less chance to go to estogen. seems to work well. when im out ill prob go back to simple DHEA and compare.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Insomnia is a classic sign of the beginning of over training.

I am really surprised that you run preg at that high of a dose and had no side effects related to e2. That would keep me awake for days, btw.
I just checked and my Estradiol was 21.7pg/ml using Roche methodology and the scale is 7.6 - 42.6. I was still consuming 100mg of Pregnenolone. I looked at my consumption/refill rate in the period before bloodwork and it works out to approx. one capsule every 1.75 days since January1st.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
daily? for how long now?
I take 100 mgs of preg everyday. Life extension brand. Been doing it for almost 3 months now. My E2 is elevated and recently started arimidex. I don't think it's from the preg tho. It's been elevated since I've been on trt which was started last October.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does anyone know if pregnenolone can affect your TSH number? I had a value of 1.55 about a year ago and just had it tested again and it came back as 0.74. The only supplement change I made during that time was taking Bacopa and Ashwagandha (replaced them with rhodiola about 2 months ago) and started taking pregnenolone (10 to 20 mg of sublingual tablets each day) a little over a month ago.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Does anyone know if pregnenolone can affect your TSH number? I had a value of 1.55 about a year ago and just had it tested again and it came back as 0.74. The only supplement change I made during that time was taking Bacopa and Ashwagandha (replaced them with rhodiola about 2 months ago) and started taking pregnenolone (10 to 20 mg of sublingual tablets each day) a little over a month ago.
Do you mean FSH? If so, I believe this drops significantly because you are injecting test. It's a natural occurrence in the body from injecting test since your body isn't making it.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you mean FSH? If so, I believe this drops significantly because you are injecting test. It's a natural occurrence in the body from injecting test since your body isn't making it.
No, TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone). I'm not injecting test...just taking pregnenolone since it helps with energy and focus.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I ran out of Dermacrine a couple months back and haven't stocked back up. Time to get back on the bus!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I ran out of Dermacrine a couple months back and haven't stocked back up. Time to get back on the bus!
i went close to a month without it....never again!!!

vkg1

Awards
I have been considering supplementing with Pregnelonone and DHEA. However, my recent blood tests indicate that my DHEA Unconjugated is almost twice as high as the top of the range for normal. However, my DHEA-S is borderline low (4.75 where normal is 3.59-11.91).

Can anyone tell me which of these two measurements is the one to go by? I would guess the DHEA-S, but I'm a bit alarmed by the astronomical unconjugated DHEA.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been considering supplementing with Pregnelonone and DHEA. However, my recent blood tests indicate that my DHEA Unconjugated is almost twice as high as the top of the range for normal. However, my DHEA-S is borderline low (4.75 where normal is 3.59-11.91).

Can anyone tell me which of these two measurements is the one to go by? I would guess the DHEA-S, but I'm a bit alarmed by the astronomical unconjugated DHEA.
You really want them both because they work together. Are you taking fish oil, l-dopa, or lots of vitamin E? They are known to lower dheas numbers. Unless you are out of range, I wouldn't be too concerned about it, but you could always ask your endo.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You really want them both because they work together. Are you taking fish oil, l-dopa, or lots of vitamin E? They are known to lower dheas numbers. Unless you are out of range, I wouldn't be too concerned about it, but you could always ask your endo.
That is VERY helpful. I had NO IDEA fish oil reduced DHEA. Since I regularly use fish oil, l-dopa, and vitamin E - that explains a lot.Thank you.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My doc put me on vitamin E about three months ago and started taking pregnenolone at the same time. My DHEA levels were good then. Having labs done soon. Since I've been taking vitamin E and my DHEA levels were good, but in the low end, you're saying vitamin E could drop it? Maybe that's why I feel like something is missing! I may ask if I can bump up my lab work!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm saying it is possible. When I was tested, I was asked if I was taking vitamin e, fish oil, or l-dopa and told to stop several weeks beforehand as it can lower real numbers. I did a lot of researching and discussed with my endo and it appears there is conflicting information on DHEA and vitamin e as it can protect against oxidative stress, but it was of the opinion of his office and the lab that it can interfere with test numbers and make them lower.

Would I ever say to stop taking vitamin e or fish oil? No. Just saying to be aware for testing purposes.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm saying it is possible. When I was tested, I was asked if I was taking vitamin e, fish oil, or l-dopa and told to stop several weeks beforehand as it can lower real numbers. I did a lot of researching and discussed with my endo and it appears there is conflicting information on DHEA and vitamin e as it can protect against oxidative stress, but it was of the opinion of his office and the lab that it can interfere with test numbers and make them lower. Would I ever say to stop taking vitamin e or fish oil? No. Just saying to be aware for testing purposes.
Oh I'm not saying I should stop the vitamin e. Just wondering if it has lowered my DHEA. Something has happened in the last month. My libido is not as high as it was an erections are not as strong. I started arimidex a few weeks ago and things were going good with it but still not where I want to be. I'm hoping I can get my blood work moves up and see what is going on.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh, well that is a huge variable. Adding any AI and seeing a drop in libido is usually due to e2 going too low. Make sure you get your e2 level checked.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh, well that is a huge variable. Adding any AI and seeing a drop in libido is usually due to e2 going too low. Make sure you get your e2 level checked.
I was feeling like that before the AI. I'm having a tough time because the only symptoms I show when I'm high is bloating and anxiety. No sensitive nipples or gyno or any other classic signs. No clue what I would feel like too low. I only take .25 E3D.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Some good info being posted in this thread lately. I had no idea about fish oil, l-dopa, and vitamin E affecting DHEA levels

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've also followed that protocol in the famous post on here by a guy that have his recommendation on arimidex and watching your morning wood. Not sure if that is working for me or not.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Morning wood is only a small indicator of test and e2 levels. REM actually has more to do with morning wood.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Morning wood is only a small indicator of test and e2 levels. REM actually has more to do with morning wood.
How would I know if I have rem wood? Should I set my alarm for like 4 am?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's the point. You can't tell, which is why using it as a gauge for anything hormonal is not a good method. I was getting morning wood every day and had 200 levels of test and high estrogen.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's the point. You can't tell, which is why using it as a gauge for anything hormonal is not a good method. I was getting morning wood every day and had 200 levels of test and high estrogen.
Interesting.....you're like the Yoda of this forum!

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn. I thought morning wood was the el cheapo test for free T.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol, I'm way better looking.
Hell I hope so....not that I swing that way bro! I'll post my labs. Still waiting on my dr to msg me back about moving my labs up.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Damn. I thought morning wood was the el cheapo test for free T.
Combined with sexual function, it's a decent indicator/gauge only while on TRT imo.

For example, I had good morning wood while my test levels were in the 300's before starting TRT. My e2 was balanced for that level, but they both were definitely not optimal levels at all.

vkg1

Awards
No, I am just trying to eat healthy and take multi-vitamin and zinc. I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say you want them both. My values for one are high and the other low. I'm wondering which is the better indicator for whether or not I should consider supplementing DHEA. Do you know which test is considered more reliable or more appropriate to make this determination from?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No, I am just trying to eat healthy and take multi-vitamin and zinc. I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say you want them both. My values for one are high and the other low. I'm wondering which is the better indicator for whether or not I should consider supplementing DHEA. Do you know which test is considered more reliable or more appropriate to make this determination from?
I think what he meant by both was both DHEA and pregnenolone. They work together.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm saying you want both DHEA serum and DHEA-s serum. My endo was more concerned with the result of the DHEA-S number because elevated or low numbers indicate other issues. These tests are usually included with others (SHBG, test, preg, cortisol, etc..) for a complete workup.

Determining if you should supplement would be a decision between you and your doc.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This kisaj dude know his endocrine & steroids. I've learned quite a lot trolling from this forum and reading from the likes of this gentleman.
He is a pretty smart cat isn't he. "Thumbs up bud"

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys, but all credit goes to Onlychevy6 from my standpoint. I was only researching it on my own until he started talking about it with his experience and that made me start the discussion with my doc and endo. I just happen to get a little crazy with my research and discussions with doctors and pass along what I learn.

It's a great community that fosters an environment where we can all learn from each other.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Definitely helps to have folks who have been there and done that to draw knowledge and perspective from. I've been mulling my own journey into TRT for years now. Currently use HCG but it seems to be waning in effect.

Sublingual preg should be here by Fri. Currently use Dermacrine with mixed results and want to see what preg as a standalone can do.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Definitely helps to have folks who have been there and done that to draw knowledge and perspective from. I've been mulling my own journey into TRT for years now. Currently use HCG but it seems to be waning in effect. Sublingual preg should be here by Fri. Currently use Dermacrine with mixed results and want to see what preg as a standalone can do.
Speaking of sublingual pregnenolone, anyone know if there is a greater benefit from it versus an oral capsule?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This kisaj dude know his endocrine & steroids. I've learned quite a lot trolling from this forum and reading from the likes of this gentleman.
Yeah, he is a good dude and he now reps for the best supplement company in the business.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Speaking of sublingual pregnenolone, anyone know if there is a greater benefit from it versus an oral capsule?
Yes, far better absorption with the sublingual form. Nobody should be using oral preg or dhea. Use sublingual s or transdermals.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, far better absorption with the sublingual form. Nobody should be using oral preg or dhea. Use sublingual s or transdermals.
Why no go on the oral pregnenolone? I took oral 100mg and my progesterone levels increased. Same result with much less mg if taken sublingually?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CorpKiller Male Anti-Aging Medicine 8
Supplements 2
Supplements 12
Supplements 14
vidapreta Male Anti-Aging Medicine 29