Pregnolone and DHEA

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can only speak for myself that oral didn't work as well as sublingual and I can use less sublingually.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can only speak for myself that oral didn't work as well as sublingual and I can use less sublingually.
I'm sure my Dr will tell me this but if I'm taking 100 mgs a day of preg, should I take 50 mgs sublingually in your opinion?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is too hard to say with mg because people react differently. I use feel and labs to determine the amount of hormones I take. In general, you can take less with a sublingual as Elrock said.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It is too hard to say with mg because people react differently. I use feel and labs to determine the amount of hormones I take. In general, you can take less with a sublingual as Elrock said.
Hey I just got my bloods back after using Follidrone for the past 6 weeks and they look phenomenon. It showed improvements on my lipid panel and LFTs numbers. I dont have it in front of me at the moment to give you exact numbers but it all looked good. Granted this bloodwork was compared to my previous one done 3 months ago and I was not on Follidrone the entire time (only 6 weeks).

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey I just got my bloods back after using Follidrone for the past 6 weeks and they look phenomenon. It showed improvements on my lipid panel and LFTs numbers. I dont have it in front of me at the moment to give you exact numbers but it all looked good. Granted this bloodwork was compared to my previous one done 3 months ago and I was not on Follidrone the entire time (only 6 weeks).
So cool! I'm happy for you. I liked mine as well- esp lipids.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just want to update this now that its been awhile and I've tried a few brands.

I've found that the Superior Source brand is hands down the best one going. I know I've mentioned other brands, but when I came back to this brand all I thought was "whoa".

Hope this helps someone.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just want to update this now that its been awhile and I've tried a few brands. I've found that the Superior Source brand is hands down the best one going. I know I've mentioned other brands, but when I came back to this brand all I thought was "whoa". Hope this helps someone.
Just checked the prices of Superior Source online. They are VERY responsible! A lot better than my Dr's office.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, the value is there for sure. The reviews are ridiculous and don't mind them regarding the fact that they don't instantaneously dissolve. A couple little nibbles after it is soft and it dissolves just fine.

Another brand that I find to be equally powerful is LE, but they are quite a bit more $.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, the value is there for sure. The reviews are ridiculous and don't mind them regarding the fact that they don't instantaneously dissolve. A couple little nibbles after it is soft and it dissolves just fine. Another brand that I find to be equally powerful is LE, but they are quite a bit more $.
I'm definitely going to try them!

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I use the same brand, after Kisaj suggested he was using them several months ago.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just want to update this now that its been awhile and I've tried a few brands.

I've found that the Superior Source brand is hands down the best one going. I know I've mentioned other brands, but when I came back to this brand all I thought was "whoa".

Hope this helps someone.
Superior Source is what I use when I am alternating with the transdermals.

j4ever41

Awards
with Superior Source i see dhea in 25mg but im only seeing the preg in 50mg, are you guys splitting the tabs or taking the the full 50?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Superior Source is what I use when I am alternating with the transdermals.
isetta is made by bmw, but wouldn't you rather drive an i8?

i will just stick with dermacrine!!!!

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
isetta is made by bmw, but wouldn't you rather drive an i8?

i will just stick with dermacrine!!!!
While I think trans dermal is a great way to administer these two compounds, I am not a fan of the somewhat inconvenience of TD products.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I have no doubt that it may be a great product, but I prefer to just dissolve a little tab in a few seconds and get the same results. I have no need for a blend of things.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thebigt - just wanted to let ya know I've finally got my hands on a bottle of BPS Dermacrine. Haven't used it since that last bottle of PP Dermacrine I just ran out of a few months back. Using 1 pump in AM and one in PM and loving it, and the carrier! Way less messy than PP's version, dries fast.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@thebigt - just wanted to let ya know I've finally got my hands on a bottle of BPS Dermacrine. Haven't used it since that last bottle of PP Dermacrine I just ran out of a few months back. Using 1 pump in AM and one in PM and loving it, and the carrier! Way less messy than PP's version, dries fast.
attaboy...i know many of you tire of my endless pimping of dermacrine, but it really is because of how much i truely enjoy it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I have no doubt that it may be a great product, but I prefer to just dissolve a little tab in a few seconds and get the same results. I have no need for a blend of things.
so...you have tried dermacrine?

if not how can you say the results are same?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry I didn't mean the same. I meant to get the pregnenolone that I need.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sorry I didn't mean the same. I meant to get the pregnenolone that I need.
back atcha...i was a little cranky when i posted that. but in all honestly being almost 56 i have have tried oral dhea and preg before and none have even come close to effects of dermacrine.

dermacrine stacked with formabolic is spectacular!!!

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
i have have tried oral dhea and preg before and none have even come close to effects of dermacrine.
Having tried both I agree oral Preg and DHEA are pretty ineffective in my experience as welll. No need to compare to Dermacrine since I don't feel they did anything but compared to Dermacrine, yes they fail miserably. However sublingual I am noticing some nice effects which I did not expect. If you look back on these forums I was a big proponent of TD delivery of these hormones so I had little hope for sub lingual. I was pleasantly surprised. :)

I suppose I should try a TD again to see if I notice similar results as sub lingual.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Having tried both I agree oral Preg and DHEA are pretty ineffective in my experience as welll. No need to compare to Dermacrine since I don't feel they did anything but compared to Dermacrine, yes they fail miserably. However sublingual I am noticing some nice effects which I did not expect. If you look back on these forums I was a big proponent of TD delivery of these hormones so I had little hope for sub lingual. I was pleasantly surprised. :)

I suppose I should try a TD again to see if I notice similar results as sub lingual.
if you do, let us know how it goes.

dermacrine and a td formestane product like formabolic really enhance each others effects, i highly recommend.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My Progesterone numbers increased after using oral pregnenolone. Documented in blood work.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, it does work. But, it works more efficiently taking it sublingual or td and the conversion to estrogen seems to be lower.

StanleyG

StanleyG

Awards
If you get micronized the oral versions do work but transdemal is the best route IMO. Nice backfill of hormonal pathway for trt guys however I have found with the use of hcg in trt protocol they become less if not unnecessary. Of course everyone has to dial in their own trt, if you have a good doc he will help and know this stuff. If you dont it falls on you to figure out what works best. Besides you and only you can judge perhaps the biggest factor - quality of life. Numbers only mean so much and we all know docs wanna go strictly by numbers (many of them anyway) and symptomology and quality of life comes second behind numbers to many of them. It cant be that way in trt.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If you get micronized the oral versions do work but transdemal is the best route IMO. Nice backfill of hormonal pathway for trt guys however I have found with the use of hcg in trt protocol they become less if not unnecessary. Of course everyone has to dial in their own trt, if you have a good doc he will help and know this stuff. If you dont it falls on you to figure out what works best. Besides you and only you can judge perhaps the biggest factor - quality of life. Numbers only mean so much and we all know docs wanna go strictly by numbers (many of them anyway) and symptomology and quality of life comes second behind numbers to many of them. It cant be that way in trt.
i go thru the V.A...they consider testosterone a controlled substance on their list of abused substances. it is hard enough for my doc to continue to justify keeping me on testosterone that i never mention prescription AI's or something like hcg, i would rather keep it simple and not cause any red flags. there are enough good otc products available to me atm that i choose to stay under the radar.

formabolic/formestane is a combo i swear by!!!!

StanleyG

StanleyG

Awards
i go thru the V.A...they consider testosterone a controlled substance on their list of abused substances. it is hard enough for my doc to continue to justify keeping me on testosterone that i never mention prescription AI's or something like hcg, i would rather keep it simple and not cause any red flags. there are enough good otc products available to me atm that i choose to stay under the radar.

formabolic/formestane is a combo i swear by!!!!

If for some reason hcg isnt an option by all means id backfill with dhea/preg - pref a transdermal if not micronized oral.
HCG obviously does a lot more than jut backfill hormonal pathways though and if there is any way someone on trt can incorporate it into their protocol they definitly should. It s far superior & has more benefits than dhea/preg.
You have to work with what you can. If hcg isnt an option for you certainly you can do the next best thing which is the dhea/preg in their proper forms.
TRT has to be dialed in on an individual basis and as you pointed out often withing the constraints that individual medical (usually Dr or coverage) circumstances dictate. If your doc is any good then he would notice the change in your blood work (if he orders proper bloodwork) when you use dhea and preg and ask you what changed. Obviously you can justify a supplement easier than hcg. The best trt practitioners incorporate hcg into their protocols , unfortunately very few have access to Drs that really know their stuff when it comes to this. Gp's definitely most dont and even a high % of Endo's do not. Sad but true.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If for some reason hcg isnt an option by all means id backfill with dhea/preg - pref a transdermal if not micronized oral.
HCG obviously does a lot more than jut backfill hormonal pathways though and if there is any way someone on trt can incorporate it into their protocol they definitly should. It s far superior & has more benefits than dhea/preg.
You have to work with what you can. If hcg isnt an option for you certainly you can do the next best thing which is the dhea/preg in their proper forms.
TRT has to be dialed in on an individual basis and as you pointed out often withing the constraints that individual medical (usually Dr or coverage) circumstances dictate. If your doc is any good then he would notice the change in your blood work (if he orders proper bloodwork) when you use dhea and preg and ask you what changed. Obviously you can justify a supplement easier than hcg. The best trt practitioners incorporate hcg into their protocols , unfortunately very few have access to Drs that really know their stuff when it comes to this. Gp's definitely most dont and even a high % of Endo's do not. Sad but true.
what is sad but true is the trend toward the government putting more and more restrictions on what and how much a doctor can prescribe.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Does anyone notice their e2 go up from derm or td versions of preg/dhea?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Does anyone notice their e2 go up from derm or td versions of preg/dhea?
only if my wife has the ellen degenneres show on when i sit down to watch the news.....

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Time to get some derm and try this out then lol
i forget how old you are lou...but if you are close to 40 or older then dermacrine should be a nice boost, imo.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i forget how old you are lou...but if you are close to 40 or older then dermacrine should be a nice boost, imo.
I have a cist of my pituitary so i am on trt myself. No hcg. Dhea came back at 400 last time it was checked and oral at 25-50mg did nothing for it. Think derm is worth a shot?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a cist of my pituitary so i am on trt myself. No hcg. Dhea came back at 400 last time it was checked and oral at 25-50mg did nothing for it. Think derm is worth a shot?
You have nothing to lose. If it works, it can make a huge difference to TRT.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know some of you guys use form for your ai. Anyone try olympus labs version? I have formabolic i use now amd like a lot.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anyone using derm get warm after applying it? I seem to get warm for a few hrs after 1 pump after my shower that doesnt happen when i dont use it. Its not temp related either. Is this a rise in e2 or the preg you think?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Anyone using derm get warm after applying it? I seem to get warm for a few hrs after 1 pump after my shower that doesnt happen when i dont use it. Its not temp related either. Is this a rise in e2 or the preg you think?
lol...why would you think this is a rise in e2?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
lol...why would you think this is a rise in e2?
Ive read dhea can raise e2 and ive seen it first hand in blood work with the oral version. I was just wondering if this was a normal reaction to the product. I am enjoying the mental and well being effects regardless. Not sure why the "lol".

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Shouldn't be getting much of an E2 spike from the TD. Not sure what it could be, maybe a thermogenic effect as I believe some might convert to 7-Keto-dhea

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Shouldn't be getting much of an E2 spike from the TD. Not sure what it could be, maybe a thermogenic effect as I believe some might convert to 7-Keto-dhea
Id probably go with that, feels similar to a thermogenic type warm feeling. As ill still sweat in a cold room ect.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It most definitely isn't due to a rise in e2. e2 doesn't go up and down in an hour.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CorpKiller Male Anti-Aging Medicine 8
Supplements 2
Supplements 12
Supplements 14
vidapreta Male Anti-Aging Medicine 29