Pregnenolone tested

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
Hey, fellas

I had my pregnenolone levels tested and they came back at 42. Reference range adults <151. I suppose supplementation is warranted here. I have 30 mg capsules. Would one/day suffice?

Regards

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nobody can say for sure what dosage you need. you can start at a given dose and after another blood test after few months change your dose as needed.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
Nobody can say for sure what dosage you need. you can start at a given dose and after another blood test after few months change your dose as needed.
Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. I suppose I’ll start at 30 and titrate up. I had my vitamin d checked as well and that came at 53.9. Decent level on only 1,000 IU/day

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey, fellas

I had my pregnenolone levels tested and they came back at 42. Reference range adults <151. I suppose supplementation is warranted here. I have 30 mg capsules. Would one/day suffice?

Regards
I take 75 mgs per day. Bloods come back good every time.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I started taking 20mg/day tramsdermal and it makes a huge difference. Higher dose I get irritable and over stimulated.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I started taking 20mg/day tramsdermal and it makes a huge difference. Higher dose I get irritable and over stimulated.
I haven’t tried transdermal. I’ve tried sublingual and it doesn’t work for me. What brand transdermal do you use?

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
I should mention that I am not on TRT. I do take sermorelin though. Not sure if this is relevant in the dosing scheme of pregnenolone

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Preg is hormonal Russian roulette and there is no way to know which pathway it goes down. You just hope it goes down the right one. If you are having positive results then it’s working. I was able to restore the back filling of pathways with Humanoforte. I found no need for Preg or even DHEA supplementation in TRT. I tested both in 24
Hour and blood Dhea which both corresponded in labs. I also use it for its other little known properties I found crucial for longevity and mitochondrion function..

kl1234

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Preg is hormonal Russian roulette and there is no way to know which pathway it goes down. You just hope it goes down the right one. If you are having positive results then it’s working. I was able to restore the back filling of pathways with Humanoforte. I found no need for Preg or even DHEA supplementation in TRT. I tested both in 24
Hour and blood Dhea which both corresponded in labs. I also use it for its other little known properties I found crucial for longevity and mitochondrion function..
I’ve always been curious about Humanofort. What have you noticed? Dosage? Thx

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. So supplemental preg won’t necessarily raise preg levels. I am not on TRT. Does this change the scope of the situation since you said it is not completely necessary when you are on TRT?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
There are a lot of pathways which are upregulated or down regulated through out the hormone pathways. If cholesterol is normal or high then look to vitamin A deficiency and low thyroid for low pregenonlone levels.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
The guy who brought Humanofort over to America from Europe I know well. Emeric is a very kind and humble individual.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
There are a lot of pathways which are upregulated or down regulated through out the hormone pathways. If cholesterol is normal or high then look to vitamin A deficiency and low thyroid for low pregenonlone levels.
Would you say a level of 42 is low? I’m 37 years old

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I find Humanofort very expensive. it's almost $50 per month.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Can find it for $35 if you look unless Emeric moved it to MAPS which I suggested to him a while ago. You can get it for whole sale if you get certain amount. Knowing what I know now about it. It’s a stable supplement for me and my wife..

Last edited:
delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Iconic Formulations has transdermal pregnenolone for $19.99 (Neuro P5)plus you can use coupon code DELSOL to save 25% ;)

may also be worth signing up for the mail list to ensure you're up to date with sales and promos!

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
I used 30 mg pregnenolone/day for nine days and was feeling really good. On the ninth day I was hit with awful brain fog and anxiety. I will discontinue use. I then read stories about some people experiencing the same thing

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you actually want/need 1st pass liver metabolisim for preg - take it orally. somebody posted an article from dr. crisler recently - he called it a natural benzo - so i take it at night, 100mg. very leery of transdermal anything from a supp company anyway. androgel or testim is from a pharma company and they can only manage to get 10mg of testosterone into circulation from a 100mg dose. my experience with td dhea was not positive with supporting bloodwork - sublingual does the job perfectly.

no comment on the fertilized chicken egg supp.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you actually want/need 1st pass liver metabolisim for preg - take it orally. somebody posted an article from dr. crisler recently - he called it a natural benzo - so i take it at night, 100mg. very leery of transdermal anything from a supp company anyway. androgel or testim is from a pharma company and they can only manage to get 10mg of testosterone into circulation from a 100mg dose. my experience with td dhea was not positive with supporting bloodwork - sublingual does the job perfectly.

no comment on the fertilized chicken egg supp.
I posted the link from dr. Crisler and in it he talks about using pregnenolone transdermally... he also stated how creams/ transdermals or Time released capsules work best since they're released overtime. Most orals you'll see a sharp Spike and then decline.

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I posted the link from dr. Crisler and in it he talks about using pregnenolone transdermally... he also stated how creams/ transdermals or Time released capsules work best since they're released overtime. Most orals you'll see a sharp Spike and then decline.
He mentions both, and his is pharmaceutical (just like the 10% of testim or androgel that makes it through, out of 100mg) yes, sustained release he recommends. i do lef oral and go to sleep. no sides and all bloodwork is spot on perfect BUT i don't pull preg - too expensive for me (i'm out of pocket for hrt).

During my medical career, I’ve had two patients tell me oral PREG made their stuttering go away. As you can guess, stuttering and anxiety are closely related. I knew it was working, because I was talking to them.

You can take Pregnenolone mixed in a cream you apply to your skin, which we have made up for our patients by our favorite compounding pharmacy, Empower Pharmacy. But you can also get oral capsules from them, of which the SR (Sustained Release) form are the best. Creams and SR oral preparations provide slow, steady administration into the body.

To treat anxiety with oral PREG (hopefully, the Sustained Release version), take right before going to bed at night. We usually start with 30-50mg. IF you are not groggy in the morning, and are still suffering anxiety during the day, try taking a similar dose with breakfast. Some people can only tolerate 10mg, once per day. Others use as much as 300mg per day, in divided doses. Is PREG powerful? I’ve seen people go into a stupor on fairly low doses…don’t drive or operate machinery until you have tried it safely.
no way i'd pay the price of otc supp companies transdermal without them going on record of the blood levels they've achieved AND then pulling dhea myself, with their product. preg needs gas chromatography mass spec - its about $120 alone. dhea is only $50 or so. sublingual dhea is $8 for 50 days. 50-100mg oral preg isn't much more. how much are these 30 day supply of transdermals?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He mentions both, and his is pharmaceutical (just like the 10% of testim or androgel that makes it through, out of 100mg) yes, sustained release he recommends. i do lef oral and go to sleep. no sides and all bloodwork is spot on perfect BUT i don't pull preg - too expensive for me (i'm out of pocket for hrt).

no way i'd pay the price of otc supp companies transdermal without them going on record of the blood levels they've achieved AND then pulling dhea myself, with their product. preg needs gas chromatography mass spec - its about $120 alone. dhea is only $50 or so. sublingual dhea is $8 for 50 days. 50-100mg oral preg isn't much more. how much are these 30 day supply of transdermals?
I pay 20 a vial for 60 days worth... Most people prob 30 days worth but I only need a small amount. With discount code its 15$ plus shipping. With transdermal it's all about the carrier being used. I've had some good and some not so good. The one Im using is fantastic better than anything in the pharmacy for sure.

10% is awful... Dmso will get 30 -40% as long as the weight of the molecule (Daultons) is less than 500 with around 300 or less being ideal.

Pregnenolone has a mw of 316.... Making it ideal to pass through td with a good carrier.

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I pay 20 a vial for 60 days worth... Most people prob 30 days worth but I only need a small amount. With discount code its 15$ plus shipping. With transdermal it's all about the carrier being used. I've had some good and some not so good. The one Im using is fantastic better than anything in the pharmacy for sure.

10% is awful... Dmso will get 30 -40% as long as the weight of the molecule (Daultons) is less than 500 with around 300 or less being ideal.

Pregnenolone has a mw of 316.... Making it ideal to pass through td with a good carrier.
so what are your before and after levels?

most research is on oral, from wiki -

In contrast to the androstanes, 50 or 100 mg oral pregnenolone has been found to significantly and in fact "strongly" increase urinary levels of the progesterone metabolites pregnanediol and pregnanolone (and/or their conjugates), whereas pregnanetriol was unaffected.[12][13] Unlike the case of oral administration, transdermal administration of 30 mg/day pregnenolone cream has not been found to affect urinary levels of metabolites of any other steroids, including of progesterone.[13] Intranasal administration of pregnenolone was found to have low bioavailability of around 23%.[4]

Sripada et al. reported that oral pregnenolone is preferentially metabolized into the neurosteroid allopregnanolone rather than into other steroids such as DHEA or cortisol.[14] In further research by their group, a single 400 mg dose of oral pregnenolone at 3 hours post-administration was found to result in a 3-fold elevation in serum levels of pregnenolone and a 7-fold increase in allopregnanolone levels.[14] Pregnanolone levels increased by approximately 60% while DHEA levels decreased non-significantly by approximately 5% and cortisol levels were not affected.[14] Another study found that allopregnanolone levels were increased by 3-fold at 2 hours post-administration following a single 400 mg oral dose of pregnenolone.[14]
and on topical dhea examine -

Despite the differences seen in kinetics, the overall bioavailability of topical administration and oral administration in reaching the serum is comparable with minimal differences in AUC, with exception to DHEAS which does not appear to be significantly spiked with topical application; it is to a degree, just minimally.[31][32]
mirrored what i saw on bloodwork.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so what are your before and after levels?

most research is on oral, from wiki -

and on topical dhea examine -

mirrored what i saw on bloodwork.
I'm not sure what you're getting at if you don't believe they work and that's fine then dont take them lol but they do work.... kenpoengineer has a log of right now where he will have his levels tested and checked from the same brand. So when he gets his blood work you can check it out but he's already stated that he feels it's at least as effective as the oral he was taking.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Because the skin is the largest metabolizing organ in the body - even larger than the liver - it's important to realize that the skin is capable of metabolizing certain agents administered transdermally into inactive or potentially harmful metabolites. Even if you overcome this factor, you have to make sure that the agent has the capacity to permeate the skin. Plus, you need to know that the skin has the capacity to bind the agent to a point of saturation before distribution of the agent via the bloodstream can commence. The effective transdermal application of PREG, DHEA, and progesterone hormones is possible because these prerequisites are all met:

These steroidal hormones are small, fat-soluble molecules that are easily absorbed across the skin where they can be stored in the fat tissues.

The hormones can reach a saturation level that is sufficiently high so that the fatty tissue diffuses them into the capillaries for uptake by the general blood circulation and transports them to the target tissues.

During the transdermal delivery process, the skin does not inactivate these steroid hormones, nor does it produce harmful metabolites from them.

An excellent composition for transporting PREG, DHEA, and progesterone through the skin is an oil/water emulsion that contains components of the fatty tissue of the skin along with suitable permeation enhancers. The fatty tissue skin components include vitamin A, vitamin E, and cholesterol.

Permeation enhancers are substances that are especially compatible with steroid hormones, because they enhance the skin's permeation of these hormones when they are administered at the same time. (Remember: the skin forms a protective barrier that must be penetrated.) Effective permeation enhancers include alcohol (such as ethanol and isopropanol), polyethylene glycols, fatty acid molecules with 10 to 20 carbon rings and certain, mono-, di-, or triglycerides of fatty acids.

Other possible ways of enhancing transdermal delivery include the use of liposomes and nanospheres. Liposomes are hollow spheres made from phospholipids (such as lecithin) that are up to 300 times smaller than skin cells. These liposomes are filled with agents (in our case PREG, DHEA, and/or progesterone) which they carry into the skin and then gradually release.

Nanospheres are even smaller micro-reservoir particles. These porous polymers have a special structure permitting very high absorption and timed release of the agents into the skin. Because liposomes and nanospheres are timed release media, one must consider the rate of release and lag time of the agent for reaching skin saturation in order to diffuse into the capillaries and enter the blood stream. This can be tricky.

A proper TDS for administering PREG, DHEA, and progesterone can provide close to the same level of delivery of these steroid hormones as intravenous (IV) injection. IV injection is considered to be the perfect delivery system for this type of agent, but unfortunately, it requires medical supervision for best results.

By comparison, transdermally delivered steroidal precursors and hormones are up to 80%1*more bioavailable than equivalent dosages of orally administered steroid hormones. This has been proven by salivary hormone testing. In other words, oral delivery systems provide only a fraction of biological activity in comparison to the same dosage of steroid hormones administered from a TDS.

In practical terms, an oral dose of 25 mg DHEA might be equivalent to 5 mg transdermally. The significance of this is mostly economic - you don't need to use as much of the hormone when you use the transdermal form. Some people, less concerned about the cost and more concerned about convenience, may still choose to take the oral forms. Oral delivery systems of PREG, DHEA, and progesterone, in general, are less efficient for several reasons.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not sure what you're getting at if you don't believe they work and that's fine then dont take them lol but they do work.... kenpoengineer has a log of right now where he will have his levels tested and checked from the same brand. So when he gets his blood work you can check it out but he's already stated that he feels it's at least as effective as the oral he was taking.
Here is my log. I will be getting bloodwork done in the next 3 weeks to verify if my pregnenolone and DHEA-S levels have increased.

Kenpo Raises DHEA and Pregnenolone
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304887

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I waa taking iconic dhea and preg transdermals for a couple months with bloodtests. Found that at 50mg dhea and 25mg preg (half doses for this product) dhea levels elevated to the top of testing range.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Dude 60day supply (taking both at half dose) for both for me is $35US plus postage. Thats without the AM rep discount too. https://iconicformulations.com
The way I see it, it was worth trialling for 3months with my doctor.

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
the bloodwork i'd be interested in, so i should bookmark that page, thanks.

hey it's cool, if someone wants to spend $35 (or $70 if they need the full dose application), and take more time (i mean, we've all used transdermals, right? man what a pita after the initial excitement wears off :)) that's not for me to judge. but message boards are about getting *all* the info out there, so people can make the best decision with their money - right?

in the case of dhea and preg, oral is what was used in the vast majority of research - and it worked well. depending on the target hormone your after - it even worked better than transdermal because of liver and gastrointestinal metabolism. look at wiki, look at examine, and then follow the links to the studies discussing the differences and make a decision. for me it comes down to bang for buck + convenience.

dhea $8.81 for 50 Days at 25mgx2 (dhea-s at 325)

preg $10.12 for 50 Days at 100mgx1 (not tested, too expensive for gc/ms for me)

that's $18.92, and if you only want 50mg preg, it's even cheaper.

peace and love all around! (george harrison)

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
for those interested in topical pregnenolone, labor day sale at Iconic Formulations is on...35% off site wide with coupon code LABOR :thumbsup: