pregnenolone and chronic fatigue

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hello all,
I have been taking anabolics for a large chunk of my life. I took steroids in my teenage years and never really stopped. In my younger days I did m1t for 3 weeks, pct, 6 weeks off and start a new PH. Did a ton of them over the years. Left almost nothing to be desired lol
Anyways, for most of my adult life I have struggled with what I would consider chronic fatigue. Didn’t matter if I stopped stims, started stims, nothing really helped. Ruled out ordinary adrenal fatigue in the traditional sense. Anyways, just started researching pregnenolone and studies involving chronic fatigue patients. Have some on the way.
Does anyone have thoughts on this? I have seen trt people have low levels of pregnenolone so I wonder if taking things so young permanently damaged my bodies ability to produce pregnenolone. Either way, I am considering logging the alpha gains p5 I got off just a “how I feel since starting it vs my baseline fatigue for the last decade”.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hello all,
I have been taking anabolics for a large chunk of my life. I took steroids in my teenage years and never really stopped. In my younger days I did m1t for 3 weeks, pct, 6 weeks off and start a new PH. Did a ton of them over the years. Left almost nothing to be desired lol
Anyways, for most of my adult life I have struggled with what I would consider chronic fatigue. Didn’t matter if I stopped stims, started stims, nothing really helped. Ruled out ordinary adrenal fatigue in the traditional sense. Anyways, just started researching pregnenolone and studies involving chronic fatigue patients. Have some on the way.
Does anyone have thoughts on this? I have seen trt people have low levels of pregnenolone so I wonder if taking things so young permanently damaged my bodies ability to produce pregnenolone. Either way, I am considering logging the alpha gains p5 I got off just a “how I feel since starting it vs my baseline fatigue for the last decade”.
Have you had your Cortisol checked?

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Have you had your Cortisol checked?
Yeah it was high but in range. Taking bAET didn’t really change fatigue although definitely helped sleep and at least feeling relaxed. Actually just finishing up invictus in a few days and swapping to Apex AET. Assuming it lowers cortisol without actually verifying, I can almost guarantee cortisol isn’t an issue

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve been a stimulant abuser since 14…I’m 40. I started taking 30 mg of pregnenolone daily and it’s been life changing. Joints, libido, sleep, dreams, mood, facial growth…etc etc I was clearly deficient from all my years of ephedrine and caffeine and dmaa…to each is own but for me personally it was a massive improvement for me. Just my 2 cents man. Give it a try

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’ve been a stimulant abuser since 14…I’m 40. I started taking 30 mg of pregnenolone daily and it’s been life changing. Joints, libido, sleep, dreams, mood, facial growth…etc etc I was clearly deficient from all my years of ephedrine and caffeine and dmaa…to each is own but for me personally it was a massive improvement for me. Just my 2 cents man. Give it a try
Good to hear. It could be due to stims for me but I went quite some time stim free and zero caffeine with no change. Either way I’m starting the pregnenolone tomorrow so your results make me hopeful. How fast did you see improvement?

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I need to try this. I keep putting it off. How do you dose? I’ve seen it available in caps and transdermal.

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I need to try this. I keep putting it off. How do you dose? I’ve seen it available in caps and transdermal.
I got alpha Gainz td version (iconic formulations has like the same thing) and I plan on dosing 1ml every morning based on what I read. That will be 25mgs ed transdermal. I’m going to log my feels about it over 30 days (one bottle)

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
My last bloodwork I had DHEA and pregnenolone tested. For some reason preg test didn't work but my DHEA showed to be just barely in range. I've since incorporated dermacrine at 1 pump each night to my trt regimen. I gotta say, within days my sleep improved, libido went up, brain fog has lifted, and energy has increased. I may give 2 pumps a try in the near future. Hope it works out for you as well.

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My last bloodwork I had DHEA and pregnenolone tested. For some reason preg test didn't work but my DHEA showed to be just barely in range. I've since incorporated dermacrine at 1 pump each night to my trt regimen. I gotta say, within days my sleep improved, libido went up, brain fog has lifted, and energy has increased. I may give 2 pumps a try in the near future. Hope it works out for you as well.
I have taken an oral dhea supplement in the past with no effect so I don’t think it was that either but we will see. I took the pregnenolone this morning so will post a daily log on it’s effect if any on my chronic fatigue starting tonight

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have taken an oral dhea supplement in the past with no effect so I don’t think it was that either but we will see. I took the pregnenolone this morning so will post a daily log on it’s effect if any on my chronic fatigue starting tonight

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
to add, I've also delt with chronic fatigue for a about 10 years, so this has been a great addition so far.
Perhaps a td route for dhea would better serve me. Will try if this pregnenolone has little to not effect

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I've read that pregnenolone can make you feel drowsy/relaxed so you may want to dose it before bed if that happens.

Perhaps a td route for dhea would better serve me. Will try if this pregnenolone has little to not effect
Definitively a superior delivery method.

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good to hear. It could be due to stims for me but I went quite some time stim free and zero caffeine with no change. Either way I’m starting the pregnenolone tomorrow so your results make me hopeful. How fast did you see improvement?
Pretty immediate…especially with the sleeping and vivid dreams.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've read that pregnenolone can make you feel drowsy/relaxed so you may want to dose it before bed if that happens.
I've heard the opposite. Oral Preg giving a rush of energy to some users. I've only used TD (Dermacrine) and it seemed to up my mood. Energy wise, tough to say, but when you feel better overall, you tend to have more energy. I usually applied first thing in the morning. I'm not on TRT though and have never measured DHEA or Preg levels, but my natty test and especially free T levels are pretty crappy.

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've heard the opposite. Oral Preg giving a rush of energy to some users. I've only used TD (Dermacrine) and it seemed to up my mood. Energy wise, tough to say, but when you feel better overall, you tend to have more energy. I usually applied first thing in the morning. I'm not on TRT though and have never measured DHEA or Preg levels, but my natty test and especially free T levels are pretty crappy.
Can definitely say any reports of relaxing and tiring are false. Day one I feel pretty good. Will post full thoughts on my first day in my log

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Definitively a superior delivery method.
Definitely now drowsy feelings from me. Morning is the way to go

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wakes me up/ helps me feel mentally sharper. Too much can make you feel anxious or even overstimulated. Never heard anyone report drowsiness but people do have different responses.

They put it in some preworkouts even.

It will increase estrogen and progesterone levels, and potentially testosterone to a lesser degree, so keep an eye on that.

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Wakes me up/ helps me feel mentally sharper. Too much can make you feel anxious or even overstimulated. Never heard anyone report drowsiness but people do have different responses.

They put it in some preworkouts even.

It will increase estrogen and progesterone levels, and potentially testosterone to a lesser degree, so keep an eye on that.
No worries there as I’m on an ai one way or another constantly

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No worries there as I’m on an ai one way or another constantly
I get good noticeable effects out of doses as low as 10mg sublingually (I have some cherry flavored logenzes/tabs from Amazon that I think are discontinued ), but I know some guys go up to 50mg daily.

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Interesting, but like Hyde stated, people have different responses. I can't really say if I get an immediate response from it energy wise as I apply at night after showering and take ZMA so I'm already tired. But, there is a very noticeable difference the next day.

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I went from taking EC 3 times a day to taking a caffeine pill when I wake up at 5am and a caffeine pill with my stim free preworkout at 2pm. For me personally that’s a massive improvement. There were days I used to do the EC stack and drink a ghost energy in between. Pregnenolone has cut my dependency down drastically.

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is interesting.

Do you have any insight or theories as to why you became deficient or what hormonal gap the preg is taking care of? I would assume its more complex than just "shut down" normal processes?
I’m assuming from all the articles I read that constant abuse of stims keeps cortisol elevated…when cortisol is constantly high it lowers everything else like dhea, testosterone, estrogen, and then steals pregnenolone to make more cortisol because body can’t keep up. All that I know is that it is 100% helping me personally.

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love getting into the weeds regarding biohacking or things outside of Western medicine (which can be very short sighted IMO) ... and when it comes to hormones (and to a lesser extend neurotransmitters) AAS forums and other sites like reddit seem to have more real world, applicable info than what doctors have ever offered to me. Just my 2 cents... that being said I struggled for year with rest and recovery as I never woke up refreshed. I have always been an athlete and my concept of Obstructive Sleep Apnea has always been "overweight middle age guy with a huge neck" who cant sleep due to his heft... but in my 30s I was fianlly dignosed with a congential obstruction that simply prevented me from breathing while sleeping. The surgeon cut that out and I could breath through my nose the next day. I know this is a long post, but having that eureka moment lead me to diving deep into my biochemistry as I think that my cortisol was likely elevated for 20+ years due to my lack of rest, and who knows what other neurotransmitters were stunted or bottomed out since I never could get good sleep. Also I was doing a lot of HIIT around this time and I later found out this contributes to chronically high cortisol. Couple that with docs adding lunesta at night and vyvanse or addy in the morning to get me going, I am sure that messed with my chemistry.

All of that being said, I have tried to work the problem backwards and figure out what my body it is lacking, and even now after the surgery I usually dont wake up and feel like taking on the day with fire... but overall the apnea surgery improved my life.

How long did you take preg before you felt more energized? What lead you down the path to figure out that Preg supplementation was the answer?
Just constantly researching cortisol and adrenal fatigue because I was well aware I was over doing it with stimulants. First thing I noticed with preg was vivid dreams and all my joint pain went away extremely fast. I’m talking 2 weeks tops. I can now go all day with 200mg caffeine in the morning and be fine.

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love getting into the weeds regarding biohacking or things outside of Western medicine (which can be very short sighted IMO) ... and when it comes to hormones (and to a lesser extend neurotransmitters) AAS forums and other sites like reddit seem to have more real world, applicable info than what doctors have ever offered to me. Just my 2 cents... that being said I struggled for year with rest and recovery as I never woke up refreshed. I have always been an athlete and my concept of Obstructive Sleep Apnea has always been "overweight middle age guy with a huge neck" who cant sleep due to his heft... but in my 30s I was fianlly dignosed with a congential obstruction that simply prevented me from breathing while sleeping. The surgeon cut that out and I could breath through my nose the next day. I know this is a long post, but having that eureka moment lead me to diving deep into my biochemistry as I think that my cortisol was likely elevated for 20+ years due to my lack of rest, and who knows what other neurotransmitters were stunted or bottomed out since I never could get good sleep. Also I was doing a lot of HIIT around this time and I later found out this contributes to chronically high cortisol. Couple that with docs adding lunesta at night and vyvanse or addy in the morning to get me going, I am sure that messed with my chemistry.

All of that being said, I have tried to work the problem backwards and figure out what my body it is lacking, and even now after the surgery I usually dont wake up and feel like taking on the day with fire... but overall the apnea surgery improved my life.

How long did you take preg before you felt more energized? What lead you down the path to figure out that Preg supplementation was the answer?
Just constantly researching cortisol and adrenal fatigue because I was well aware I was over doing it with stimulants. First thing I noticed with preg was vivid dreams and all my joint pain went away extremely fast. I’m talking 2 weeks tops. I can now go all day with 200mg caffeine in the morning and be fine.

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BiiD are you on TRT or have you ever had issues with low estrogen levels while off cycle? After re-reading this I would assume you would if your joints are hurting.
No trt ever. I’ve self medicated with low dose Clomid and Enclomiphene over the years. Chronically elevated cortisol steals pregnenelone which contributes to joint pain. When I started supplementing with the Preg my joint pain went away almost immediately.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
@SSJ4GOD @BillD

I began administering a pregnenolone cream and while I havent felt a rush of energy I noticed a couple of changes - 1. my lump in my left nip (large, hard, sensitive to pressure) has almost completely gone away. I have been asking guys on here for like 9 months what it was (one sided, not both nips affected, wassnt sure if it was gyno as I have never had it before, my E levels have not been crazy high, etc) and the preg knocked it down in 2 days. 2. My dreams are more vivid - at least they were at the very onset of using the cream. A good bit of them are sexual so I am sure the preg Is doing somehting to alter my hormones ... but overall very vivid dreams.

How would preg solve gyno??
Interesting, what cream did you use? I got some capsules (that someone recommended from vitamin shoppe), I might got a little energy/clearness.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I bought it at an alternative / holistic medicine shop nearby. I went in blind and had never heard of the brand before. But this was the only option close by so I wanted to give it a try.

another odd thing is my pants don’t fit quite like they did and I’ve had a handful of people ask if I’ve lost weight. Seems like the preg either knocked down some inflammation or water weight? I look thinner in the face. But friend say it looks like I’ve dropped 15 and I’m not a heavy guy. Not sure what to make of it.

Haha, I don’t know what to believe but I’m close to try it just because your story is so unbelievable ;)

Last edited:

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm on TRT, but have been taking pregnenolone for the last 10 years. Keep in mind that doses like 30mg can bring on some sides like acne and oily skin if you are taking it consistently. I take 10mg sublingual.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How would the addition of Preg make swollen, somewhat painful breast tissue shrink down back close to undetectable size?
Adding estrogen and progesterone tend to do the opposite, so unless T was low and the preg ended up converting predominantly as androgens it doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Or there’s something else in the mixture, or we don’t have the full picture.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am usually around 180#. When I get after it in the gym and stay focused on the diet I can creep up into the 190s. Today I went in for fertility checkup. My wife has commented that over the last 3 weeks I’ve really trimmed down and look skinny (I am currently not working out regularly)

At the doctors office I told the nurse I was around 180 but would like to get on the scale. 167# and that’s with clothes on.

Does Preg pull water off? Does it aid with fat loss? I am pretty stunned. I haven’t been this light in 20 years.
I have never heard of a direct fat loss effect from preg but anything that makes you feel better CAN contribute to you doing more/moving more without even realizing it. Heck even walking 20% faster from the parked car to wherever adds up over time. Better mood, less BS eating adds up and so forth.

On a more serious note I think it's time to have a tough talk with the Misses. NEVER, EVER say skinny, it's "leaner" or say nothing at all. lol

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
trust me - I know
I will also accept: Shredded, gnarly, ripped, sliced and diced, and peeled. It is a scientific impossibility to carry as much muscle mass as I do and simultaneously be "skinny." It's science my dear, science! lol

P.S. We DON'T "loose weight" we loose FAT!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am usually around 180#. When I get after it in the gym and stay focused on the diet I can creep up into the 190s. Today I went in for fertility checkup. My wife has commented that over the last 3 weeks I’ve really trimmed down and look skinny (I am currently not working out regularly)

At the doctors office I told the nurse I was around 180 but would like to get on the scale. 167# and that’s with clothes on.

Does Preg pull water off? Does it aid with fat loss? I am pretty stunned. I haven’t been this light in 20 years.
Not directly, no.

Ultimately, this is you eating less and possibly being more active too.

Figure out what you want and set your diet and training in line with that!

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
any particular brand? there are alot of diff brands on the big site that starts with A.
edit: also...any interaction with antidepressants? i googled it but didnt really find a straight answer

Last edited: