Beejis60

Beejis60

Awards
Iain1668

Iain1668

Awards
thermogravimetric analysis?
Doubt it...

Most likely the time frame is a result of checking how much was imported and what else was imported that shouldn't have been.

I'd be surprised if the TGA let the OEP Rauwolsine thing slide...

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Doubt it...

Most likely the time frame is a result of checking how much was imported and what else was imported that shouldn't have been.

I'd be surprised if the TGA let the OEP Rauwolsine thing slide...
There isn't much they can do other than suck it up that they are idiots.

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
There isn't much they can do other than suck it up that they are idiots.
With all the social issues in the USA, the gov is focusing on 2nd rate anabolics and ****ty ineffective supplements :lol:

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
Propietary blends are often a necessary evil unfortuntately. They often have to be used in cases where you need to keep a formula propietary. OTOH, they can be exploited by people looking to mislead people to think that cool ingredients are in there in more than microgram quantities

For instance lets say i was to introduce a new formula for a stim product that replaces 1,3 DMAA. Just being theortetical of course. Do you think I should list the exact amounts of everything in there so that USP or whoever can immediately clone it? No, I would list the blend of ingredients without outlining exact quantity.

This sort of labeling and descrbing products is done in every industry pretty much other than pharmaceutical (which for obvous reasons demands complete disclosure of actives)
I see your point Patrick, but I was referring to propriety blends of common supplements like aminos, caffine etc that allows companies to underdose active ingredients and make ample use of colon-destroying filler. And the thing is, supplements are too subtile to tell the difference - 1.5 creatine vs 5g - who the hell can tell?

There will always going to be copycat products, but it's the companies who are innovative and trustworthy who will stay ahead of the curve. Trustworthy includes transparency IMO.

Did I mention how much I hate product names that play off real hormones?? :lol:

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I see your point Patrick, but I was referring to propriety blends of common supplements like aminos, caffine etc that allows companies to underdose active ingredients and make ample use of colon-destroying filler. And the thing is, supplements are too subtile to tell the difference - 1.5 creatine vs 5g - who the hell can tell?

There will always going to be copycat products, but it's the companies who are innovative and trustworthy who will stay ahead of the curve. Trustworthy includes transparency IMO.

amounts of stuff like creatine, amino acids, and especially caffeine should be listed on the label IMO. Other things can be under propietary blend part though

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established

No Dianabolan or Testagen Sustenate OTC products from the back of Muscle & Fitness? 100% guaranteed :D

Iain1668

Iain1668

Awards

Funny, I literally posted on my work FB page saying such prop blends were bullsh*t

Ceredumbellum

Awards
amounts of stuff like creatine, amino acids, and especially caffeine should be listed on the label IMO. Other things can be under propietary blend part though
I think the amount of ANY stimulant should be listed, for numerous reasons. I can't tell you how many supplements I've passed up purchasing because the amount of one or another stimulant was hidden in the prop. blend.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Bro 400% increase in TEST!!!!
400% increase in free test and some crazy number like 1100% increase in LBM over 8 weeks :D

cdsfx

Awards
In regards to DMAA. Did anyone else find it odd that within 10 days of all the sensationalist articles about the death of that soldier. The FDA advisory committee approved a new diet drug for the first time in 5 years? That seems like very suspicious timing to me. Seems like a great opportunity to knock off a cheap and popular alternative

Not alleging any conspiracy in the death of the solider. Just that it was seized and blown out of proportion before they had any evidence to link DMAA to the death. It was said in the original that the coroner could find no conclusive evidence to suggest that DMAA was solely responsible

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I think the amount of ANY stimulant should be listed, for numerous reasons. I can't tell you how many supplements I've passed up purchasing because the amount of one or another stimulant was hidden in the prop. blend.
if a company came up with a novel product that works as a stimulant that contains new ingredients then putting exactly how much is in the product is an invitation for it to be immediately and easily copied by all competitors. Knowing that, the company probably wouldnt even bother doing the R and D in the first place. And yeah the possibility of patenting might be there but a patent application is ignored by most. Even an approved patent is worthless unless you have a lot of money to enforce it

its not always clear cut when you look at it from both perspectives.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
In regards to DMAA. Did anyone else find it odd that within 10 days of all the sensationalist articles about the death of that soldier. The FDA advisory committee approved a new diet drug for the first time in 5 years? That seems like very suspicious timing to me. Seems like a great opportunity to knock off a cheap and popular alternative

e

I seriously doubt there is any connection for variety of reasons.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established

Not alleging any conspiracy in the death of the solider. Just that it was seized and blown out of proportion before they had any evidence to link DMAA to the death. It was said in the original that the coroner could find no conclusive evidence to suggest that DMAA was solely responsible
You're right on the money. I wouldn't be surprised... actually I believe that the government was responsible for contaminating l-tryptophan to poison thousands in order to increase revenue for Prozac and other SSRIs that were springing up. Peak X is akin to 'agent orange'.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
You're right on the money. I wouldn't be surprised... actually I believe that the government was responsible for contaminating l-tryptophan to poison thousands in order to increase revenue for Prozac and other SSRIs that were springing up. Peak X is akin to 'agent orange'.
u have got to be kidding me

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Not really. Let's just drop it.

i am just saying that just because you think there is a motive that does not prove anything

The reason for the tryptophan contamination was quite well documented. Showa Denko used fermentation to make the product and an impurity was identified that was neurotoxic. When the method of manufacture was corrected the problem was solved, unfortunately the FDA ban was never lifted

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wait.. what?

wow.. what a sad world you must live in.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2

lronFist

Banned
Awards
Hopefully you realize how crazy/implausible/impossible/paranoid/tinfoil this sounds...

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Hopefully you realize how crazy/implausible/impossible/paranoid/tinfoil this sounds...
Yeah, I used to also put a 'Support the Troops' sticker on the back of my car to support US troops slaughtering Iraqis in order for us to gain control of resources, because I was mad at some Middle Easterns with box-cutters who killed 3,000 civilians on 9-11. Yeah, crazy. I know.

Allow me to attempt to boost my reputation on this board... I'm sorry. FDA is here to protect us :D There is NO connection and I love Ergopharm and anything PA says. And yes, government and pharmaceuticals have no connection either. Oh, please guys... So, sorry... Don't bash me anymore :(

Ceredumbellum

Awards
if a company came up with a novel product that works as a stimulant that contains new ingredients then putting exactly how much is in the product is an invitation for it to be immediately and easily copied by all competitors. Knowing that, the company probably wouldnt even bother doing the R and D in the first place. And yeah the possibility of patenting might be there but a patent application is ignored by most. Even an approved patent is worthless unless you have a lot of money to enforce it

its not always clear cut when you look at it from both perspectives.
Good point. But I don't think it's too much to ask for a company to list the amount of caffeine per serving. Everybody has different caffeine tolerances, some greater than others.
There's a pre-workout I took a while back that had 300mg caffeine per scoop, but it was listed as part of the prop. blend. That's more than twice what I would prefer and I know a lot of people can't stand PWO's/ thermogenics that are loaded with caffeine. I was able to figure out the 300mg after many Google searches, took 1/2 a scoop and was pretty happy with the results.
If a company feels disclosing the amount of caffeine that's in its' product is detrimental and thinks it should be hidden in the prop. blend, then it's probably not a very good product to begin with. I have taken your products and every one I've tried has caffeine listed seperately in total mg's per serving. I don't see why others can't do the same. It's not gonna impact their bottom line like if they found a novel stim. and didn't want a bunch of copycats.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Yeah, I used to also put a 'Support the Troops' sticker on the back of my car to support US troops slaughtering Iraqis in order for us to gain control of resources, because I was mad at some Middle Easterns with box-cutters who killed 3,000 civilians on 9-11. Yeah, crazy. I know.

Allow me to attempt to boost my reputation on this board... I'm sorry. FDA is here to protect us :D There is NO connection and I love Ergopharm and anything PA says. And yes, government and pharmaceuticals have no connection either. Oh, please guys... So, sorry... Don't bash me anymore :(
Whether or not a war is ethical, I still think you should support the troops, seeing as they are people just like you and me. The same goes for Iraqis. We should really support "the people," regardless of country.

On a side note: Out of 1,3D and ordered some original AMP (never had it before). Am I gonna be amazed?

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Whether or not a war is ethical, I still think you should support the troops, seeing as they are people just like you and me. The same goes for Iraqis. We should really support "the people," regardless of country.

On a side note: Out of 1,3D and ordered some original AMP (never had it before). Am I gonna be amazed?
I do support the troops, but not by paying money for a cheesey bumper sticker that doesn't help support the troops what-so-ever. Mr. Cooper, I take serious offense to being called out on something I didn't even say; Especially something like that. Even a statement as seemingly abrasive as the one I made, doesn't warrant you making me out to be anti-military or something.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
uploadfromtaptalk1364762698637.jpg

And this was warranted?

Never mind I take back my previous comment. You are clearly a objective and rational person who doesn't over react. My bad

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I do support the troops, but not by paying money for a cheesey bumper sticker that doesn't help support the troops what-so-ever. Mr. Cooper, I take serious offense to being called out on something I didn't even say; Especially something like that. Even a statement as seemingly abrasive as the one I made, doesn't warrant you making me out to be anti-military or something.
Whoa, easy dude lol. Just discussion. I didn't make you out to be anti-military at all. You're the one who quite literally just "called me out for something I didn't even say."

I must have missed the intense turn this thread has taken :D. Carry on

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established

no ones arguing that there are certain connections

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
If a company feels disclosing the amount of caffeine that's in its' product is detrimental and thinks it should be hidden in the prop. blend, then it's probably not a very good product to begin with.

word

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
you mean hiding 400+mgs of caffeine in a prop blend so people can "feel" all the other microdosed ingredients in the formula "working" is a bad thing? haha

my second favorite thing in the market is take 1/2 scoop to assess tolerance, after assessing tolerance add 3 Heaping scoops to 16-20 oz of your favorite beverage....that 30 scoop container gone in 10 days

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Posting private messages is considered very bad netteqitue
Just presenting evidence to support the notion under my tounge in cheek comment about him

lronFist

Banned
Awards
Paranoia seems to be a recurrent theme here.

Ceredumbellum

Awards
Whoa, easy dude lol. Just discussion. I didn't make you out to be anti-military at all. You're the one who quite literally just "called me out for something I didn't even say."

I must have missed the intense turn this thread has taken :D. Carry on
Take it easy on him. He must be on some of that D-Ball (Stronger Than Steroids!) I saw for sale in the back of my BB magazine. No other way to explain that kind of anger and blind fury. Androgen overload is what that is.
I walk away for a few to take a sh!t and come back to an all-out sh!t storm.

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Take it easy on him. He must be on some of that D-Ball (Stronger Than Steroids!) I saw for sale in the back of my BB magazine. No other way to explain that kind of anger and blind fury. Androgen overload is what that is.
D-Ball?? You mean Dragon Ball??

image-2345922741.jpg

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
It was probably just a misunderstanding. We've gotten along great in the past, so I can't imagine it's anything personal

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I apologize to everyone here today for my attitude in this thread. My cat was having problems with her lungs and I found her dead in her litter box.

I support the troops, but not the agenda. I give merit to logical theories when it comes to government and politics. Mr. Cooper, you're right about being in a funk, so I apologize.

JudoJosh, I don't care what notion is under your tongue or what kind of world you think I'm living in. There are indeed whacky people out there who live in a sad enough world that just might change the course of your life and are aware of the consequences and 'sadly' just don't care. Hell, a lot of things have been happening lately in the world today and many of just don't know why these people do what they do. But, what matters is that they do these things and these things can really have an impact on that particular person and others close to the person. Let's drop this and I'll go on with my whacky theories and you can go educate people on the benefits of taking USP Labs products.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I apologize to everyone here today for my attitude in this thread. My cat was having problems with her lungs and I found her dead in her litter box.

I support the troops, but not the agenda. I give merit to logical theories when it comes to government and politics. Mr. Cooper, you're right about being in a funk, so I apologize.

JudoJosh, I don't care what notion is under your tongue or what kind of world you think I'm living in. There are indeed whacky people out there who live in a sad enough world that just might change the course of your life and are aware of the consequences and 'sadly' just don't care. Hell, a lot of things have been happening lately in the world today and many of just don't know why these people do what they do. But, what matters is that they do these things and these things can really have an impact on that particular person and others close to the person. Let's drop this and I'll go on with my whacky theories and you can go educate people on the benefits of taking USP Labs products.
I think what the people are trying to say, and again this is just my interpretation of whatever is going on in this thead, is that you are making up/ or accepting theories without knowing the entire story. This happens all the time, and so isn't a personal dig (and is also in respect to the prop blend situation). You can draw any conclusion you want based on one side of any argument but imo, only a true opinion can be formed under consideration of all evidence from all parties concerned. If you calling out the government that they are allowing companies to poison you to allow a greater sale of other drugs (which seems counter-intuitive given that this would also increase healthcare costs) then expect some kind of retort from those who understand why such poisonings occured.

The same logic can be applied to prop blends. These things must occur in order to protect the company who spent the money in R&D to understand at which dosages to have various compounds. While full disclosure may be in your best interest, it is not in the companies. And if you skip buying Enhnaced for that very reason, all the more for me :D

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established

thats horrible

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
thats horrible
Yeah, I lifted up the cover when I saw her tail in there and bent down to pick her up at the same time and I looked right at her eyes glazed over and her mouth was coated with the litter. It was a horrible sight to imprint. Again, my apologies. I haven't been feeling good.

Ceredumbellum

Awards

I'm sorry to hear that bro. You have my condolences. When my old lady moved out and simultaneously cleaned me out, she had the gull to take my cat with her as a parting gift. She was my pet of three years. Might sound silly to a bunch of you guys, but a pet is a pet and a lot of times your best friend. Sorry about your loss man. I sincerely feel for you.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Moral of the story, if you're new to the game...follow the science, not hyperbolic ads.
"Science literacy is a vaccine against the charlatans of the world that would exploit your ignorance." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

cdsfx

Awards
I seriously doubt there is any connection for variety of reasons.
Could you elaborate please? ..... It doesn't seem like odd timing to you that one of the top selling ingredients which was in the top selling diet pills, and most pre-workouts and had been on the market for 6 years. Gets a ton of negative publicity and gets taken down 10 days before the announcement of a new diet drug? It makes great business sense if you can pull it off.....not that it helped their drug to much because its crap.

Truth is the best drug for weight loss is adderall and I'm not talking about being stimmed out of your mind. A small dose like 4 mg a day can inhibit your appetite and more importantly cravings to the point where you forget to eat and simply don't notice you forgot to eat

EDIT: My point with the adderall statement is that it has less side effects then any of their "weight loss drugs" and is vastly over prescribed anyway so its obviously well tolerated

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Could you elaborate please? ..... It doesn't seem like odd timing to you that one of the top selling ingredients which was in the top selling diet pills, and most pre-workouts and had been on the market for 6 years. Gets a ton of negative publicity and gets taken down 10 days before the announcement of a new diet drug? It makes great business sense if you can pull it off.....not that it helped their drug to much because its crap.

Truth is the best drug for weight loss is adderall and I'm not talking about being stimmed out of your mind. A small dose like 4 mg a day can inhibit your appetite and more importantly cravings to the point where you forget to eat and simply don't notice you forgot to eat

EDIT: My point with the adderall statement is that it has less side effects then any of their "weight loss drugs" and is vastly over prescribed anyway so its obviously well tolerated

First of all DMAA is mostly thought of as an energy supp, not a weight loss product. Second of all, the significance to the market of an approved diet drug would be miniscule.