Phosphatidic acid with ashwagandha

itayb123

Awards
Is it real that you shouldn’t combine this two together?

Phosphadic acid activates mTOR, which stimulates protein synthesis and muscle growth.

Ashwagandha is known and proven to inhibit mTOR through the activation of AMPK.

If you activate AMPK it cancels the activate of mTOR, as it shuts off muscle building and turns on autophagy.

What do you guys think?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Phosphadic acid activates mTOR, which stimulates protein synthesis and muscle growth.

If you activate AMPK it cancels the activate of mTOR, as it shuts off muscle building and turns on autophagy.

What do you guys think?
Things aren't that simple. You can't just look at a supplement that boosts mTOR and one that activates AMPK and think they are immediately contradictory.

As for that specific combo I wouldn't worry about combining them.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Things aren't that simple. You can't just look at a supplement that boosts mTOR and one that activates AMPK and think they are immediately contradictory.

As for that specific combo I wouldn't worry about combining them.
Good post and I definitely agree.

I use M-Test daily which has KSM-66 in it and as soon as I'm able to start back training again, I plan on using Phosphatidic Acid XT with it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

What do you guys think?
You would be fine to take Phosphatidic Acid and Ashwagandha together.

As Resolve mentioned, the science is a lot more complicated than that and KSM-66 (a branded version of Ashwagandha) is in a lot of very popular muscle building supplements itself.

A lot of people that use M-Test daily (contains KSM-66) are using Phosphatidic Acid XT with great results, and that's a stack I'll be using myself as soon as I can train again (recovering from an accident).

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
One thing to consider, there are subgroups of AMPK and I think there are more than one mTOR complexes? That second one I’m less sure about. There is broadly an inverse relationship between AMPK and mTOR, but I think at least part of that is that they’re activated by opposite things, not that they directly antagonize each other. But I’m not really sure about that either.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A lot of people that use M-Test daily (contains KSM-66) are using Phosphatidic Acid XT with great results, and that's a stack I'll be using myself as soon as I can train again (recovering from an accident).
Two awesome products. I haven't ran them together but I have ran each solo with above expectation results coming from them.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

What do you guys think?
Both AMPK and mTOR are constantly being activated within the body. It's not like one is turned ON, while the other is turned OFF. We don't want chronic overactivation of AMPK, but we don't want chronic suppression either. AMPK provides many important benefits for bodybuilders. It promotes fat loss, provides numerous health benefits, and even indirectly supports the growth process through multiple pathways. Balance between the two is important.

On top of that, plant-based products are often quite complex in their effects on the body. Many, many plants have been clinically shown to induce a growth response, while simultaneously activating ampk. Ashwagandha is one of these.

The ampk/mTOR subject is far from black and white.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I personally have spent SIGNIFICANT amounts of time in the weeds analyzing and contemplating things such as AMPK/MTOR balance and so forth................................................I am FIRMLY of the opinion that most of the time these types of subjects are far more INTERESTING than they are IMPORTANT. If any of us have missed a meal or training session in the last week, month, heck year even that will return a better payoff being fixed in comparison to ampk vs mtor balancing.