PES Select Protein: Read up!

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm just saying, why pepform?

You see the same thing in lots of products, expensive proprietary licensed ingredient at the end of a blend with no quantity given.

In most cases, it's there for label fluff, aura of exclusivity, and as justification for high price point.

PES has been a reputable brand so I assume that's not the case here, but pondering on it, I can't see the rationale for splurging on Pepform. Especially in the absence of any advantageous performance data on Pepform
Cause Jacob told them to? :)

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No. The protein content is half whey and half casein. I told nattydisaster that we could count the pepform as protein, but he decided he didn't want to pad the numbers even if it was leucine peptides (which are more expensive than MPI or WPC80 by weight). So they are the bulk of the extra grams. And yes, there is 1.5g fat and <1g carbs, which is phenomenal if you ask me. If you read the label, there is no filler. There are no extra added ingredients besides pepform, flavoring/sweetener, and lactase. It's one of the simplest profiles out there.

I'm not addressing this post in particular as that is certainly fair game, but I am going to respectfully ask that if you have a problem with myself or other PES reps, to take it to PM. Let's keep things professional as I've had a few members bring this up to me already (I didn't even notice it myself until today). Thanks
If you divide the 72% protein per serving in half you get about 36%

If its half mpi half casein.

As far as protein content goes.

How many grams of leucine peps are there?

And coop, you may not remember, wouldn't expect it, but I'm pretty scrutinous about the protein I use.
I want the most per serving for the best price. If its actually a good value, I'll purchase it. I don't care about flavors.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
24g/33g= .727 ie, about 72% of the 33g serving is protein

That's why I put about. So I don't use exact numbers.
Really? I figured you put the post to troll the PES release like you usually do (and question the integrity of the products, even when the label is about as open as you could ask for), you know, the usual stuff.

But, then again, maybe you do have genuine questions about the products and I'm just reading too far into your posts. (which is possible, as you aren't frequently serious about anything on the forums)

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think many people are way to concerned over a couple grams of protein. Myself, I don't worry much if its 21 or 26 as I get the majority of my protein from whole food~ 1-2 scoops post workout and MAYBE another in the evening
I've been considering just mixing 4 scoops with my milk gallon and just drinking the half gallon I usually drink everyday with the protein mixed in.

Reactions: mw1

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
If you divide the 72% protein per serving in half you get about 36%

If its half mpi half casein.

As far as protein content goes.

How many grams of leucine peps are there?

And coop, you may not remember, wouldn't expect it, but I'm pretty scrutinous about the protein I use.
I want the most per serving for the best price. If its actually a good value, I'll purchase it. I don't care about flavors.
MPI is 80/20 casein whey. The protein is 50/50 whey casein. So there is more MPI than WPC. The leucine peptides are then titrated to a dose to achieve 5g leucine per serving. I'm not going to break down all the math, though I've obviously done it in a separate document, and while it can be reverse-engineered, I'd rather not make it easy as pie. Most formulators out there would have a tough time reversing the math, sadly (though to our benefit).

And I have no problem with your questions here. I was getting comments about other stuff which is now deleted so I never even saw it. I just want us to be respectful around here. You obviously know I'm a huge fan of SNS, the only other company I ever worked for and I still hold many of the reps near and dear to my heart. People are making it out to be this SNS vs PES thing, which is the last thing I want as they are my 2 favorite companies.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MPI is 80/20 casein whey. The protein is 50/50 whey casein. So there is more MPI than WPC. The leucine peptides are then titrated to a dose to achieve 5g leucine per serving. I'm not going to break down all the math, though I've obviously done it in a separate document, and while it can be reverse-engineered, I'd rather not make it easy as pie. Most formulators out there would have a tough time reversing the math, sadly (though to our benefit).

And I have no problem with your questions here. I was getting comments about other stuff which is now deleted so I never even saw it. I just want us to be respectful around here. You obviously know I'm a huge fan of SNS, the only other company I ever worked for and I still hold many of the reps near and dear to my heart. People are making it out to be this SNS vs PES thing, which is the last thing I want as they are my 2 favorite companies.
Oh I thought you were saying the mpi is 50% an the casein is 50%. My bad. Thanks.

Don't know what was deleted. I didn't delete my comments in the amino iv or other thread that was closed.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Oh I thought you were saying the mpi is 50% an the casein is 50%. My bad. Thanks.

Don't know what was deleted. I didn't delete my comments in the amino iv or other thread that was closed.
Well thanks for at least understanding where I'm coming from. I'm like you in that I've critiqued my fair share of products so I understand your concern for quality, and I can assure you, you will get nothing but the best with Select Protein

boogerboy

boogerboy

Awards
Order in the court!!! Order in the court!!!

The dishonorable judge Booger is here to preside over the case between SNS & Mr. Cooper.

It seems that the last couple of products release from PES were met with disdain from the SNS Elite (LOL). Hopefully we can keep questions pertinent to the product because the Amino IV thread was pathetic with the immature attacks from a couple of SNS reps.

The judge believes that this is from some inferiority complexes from the plaintiffs, I am sure there is evidence to prove my assertion . . . but I do not care enough to prove it, it is how the judge feels and that is enough evidence.

Ruling: in favor of the defendant, the plaintiffs are tools

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is not possible if the pepform is not included in the protein.

The ratio of MPI (80/20) and WPC 80 to get to 50/50 is roughly (MPI = 1.66, WPC = 1)

MPI is 90 % protein, WPC is 80% protein. Next equation is:

(.9 * MPI + .8 * WPC) = 24

A little bit of algebra and you come out to:

MPI = ~17.25g
WPC = ~10.5g

That's 27.75g of the 31g scoop right there.

MPI and WPC80 are both around 10% leucine, so of that 24g of protein you get 2.4g of Leucine.

To add an additional 2.6g of Leucine from Pepform (which is 40% leucine) yoou would need to add 6.5g of pepform.

You're over the scoop size without even addressing flavoring.

Something does not compute here.

Also...How do these two statements reconcile:

Peptides must be counted as protein. It would be a labeling violation if we didn't.
No. The protein content is half whey and half casein. I told nattydisaster that we could count the pepform as protein, but he decided he didn't want to pad the numbers even if it was leucine peptides (which are more expensive than MPI or WPC80 by weight). So they are the bulk of the extra grams.
Also, I'm not trying to troll or bash you or PES, you know me, I scrutinize just about everything that comes out and the math here just seems to not add up.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
This is not possible if the pepform is not included in the protein.The ratio of MPI (80/20) and WPC 80 to get to 50/50 is roughly (MPI = 1.66, WPC = 1)MPI is 90 % protein, WPC is 80% protein. Next equation is:(.9 * MPI + .8 * WPC) = 24A little bit of algebra and you come out to:MPI = ~17.25gWPC = ~10.5gThat's 27.75g of the 31g scoop right there.MPI and WPC80 are both around 10% leucine, so of that 24g of protein you get 2.4g of Leucine.To add an additional 2.6g of Leucine from Pepform (which is 40% leucine) yoou would need to add 6.5g of pepform.You're over the scoop size without even addressing flavoring.Something does not compute here.Also...How do these two statements reconcile:
Everything computes just fine. You have made a few incorrect assumptions about mpi and WPC (see minimum protein content per; not actual). I won't go into it any further for aforestated reasons unless you wish to PM me, but we have calculated it and even had the component content tested because I too was confused when I initially did the calculations like you did. It checks out. If you wish to test it yourself, grab a couple pals and split the lab cost.As for the earlier statement, I was wrong. I told josh we can include the pepform in the total protein count and assumed that's what happened, but as I again stated earlier, he did not want any "additions," even peptides, to be in the labeled protein count. I appreciate the deep interest you have in the product, I really do, but of all the shady labeling practices going on in the protein industry, you are picking on the wrong product...by a mile. And yes, I know you are a product critic like myself. I gravitate towards these things too. In this case, I learned on the fly as this is my first ever protein product, and sure enough, it's not nearly as straightforward as taking established MWs, AA content, etc and adding them together. Lab results varied quite a bit from my calculations regarding both carbohydrate content and leucine content, and I've been through this whole conversation with josh already. I've already probably said more than he is comfortable with (and certainly more than any other protein company will disclose on forums), so I'll shut up now

blavongtheung

Awards
Edit:

Thanks Cooper for the help!

Reading this thread to see the writeups more in depth

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Everything computes just fine. You have made a few incorrect assumptions about mpi and WPC (see minimum protein content per; not actual). I won't go into it any further for aforestated reasons unless you wish to PM me, but we have calculated it and even had the component content tested because I too was confused when I initially did the calculations like you did. It checks out. If you wish to test it yourself, grab a couple pals and split the lab cost.As for the earlier statement, I was wrong. I told josh we can include the pepform in the total protein count and assumed that's what happened, but as I again stated earlier, he did not want any "additions," even peptides, to be in the labeled protein count. I appreciate the deep interest you have in the product, I really do, but of all the shady labeling practices going on in the protein industry, you are picking on the wrong product...by a mile.
You said you're using WPC 80, I've not heard of WPC 80 that is spec'd to more than 80% protein. ;)

I've also not seen an MPI that is over 90% protein.

Regardless...even if you had MPI and WPC that were 100% protein/fat/carbs and the two ingredients only contributed precisely 26g (24g protein, 1g carb, 1g fat) of weight to the scoop.

That would still only provide 2.4g of leucine.

To add 2.6g more leucine and reach 5 grams would still require 6.5g of pepform. And still puts you at over the scoop weight before any flavoring...

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not sure if this is the right spot for this but...

Is it normal for my order to be in the processing stage for over a day and without an email?

I don't remember if this happened with Amino IV so I was just curious.

Thanks!
I never worry about email confirmations. If you have the cc/paypal charge they have your order and it will ship

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Check cp, I really don't think I should be going into every little detail of the product publicly. I would again suggest looking into wpc80 specifically, as there are minimums and ranges regarding all components, including AAs. We are not trying to pull a fast one on you. If we were, we would have:

A. Not used MPI (pricy)
B. Not used WPC80 or even specified the WPC type
C. Added zero leucine to begin with
D. Used flavoring fillers (commonly creamers, maltodextrin, mono/diglycerides)
E. Used added, worthless AAs like glycine

When Josh brought me on, he asked me what I thought the best possible protein would look like. I gave him everything you see here plus a few extras. After getting the opinions of several consumers, the overwhelming consensus was that people who buy protein powder want exactly that: protein. Some of the extras that I had initially included were thus removed (by extras, I mean like how vasolate has nitrates..though this wasn't on my list). In this way, consumers get the best profile money can buy and we can keep costs lower. I see comparisons to oxyelite protein, but that protein was created as a "leaning" or "cutting' protein if I recall correctly. We don't add CLA or any of that. It's a simple, science-backed profile, and you are quite right: flavoring and filler hardly takes up any space. The extra fats and carbs were unavoidable as they are part of the component proteins, but we got them as low as we could drive them.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Edit:

Thanks Cooper for the help!

Reading this thread to see the writeups more in depth
No problem. Be sure to check the references on some of the stuff. Suppversity has a few great articles as well for the layman

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Check cp, I really don't think I should be going into every little detail of the product publicly. I would again suggest looking into wpc80 specifically, as there are minimums and ranges regarding all components, including AAs.
50/50 casein/whey has been around for ages, Dave has been touting that ratio in UP for what a decade?

The only other thing to copy would be the pepform, and nobody who is copying products is going to splurge on proprietary licensed ingredients ;)

Open product information is good for everyone.

Shooting you a PM.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
50/50 casein/whey has been around for ages, Dave has been touting that ratio in UP for what a decade?

The only other thing to copy would be the pepform, and nobody who is copying products is going to splurge on proprietary licensed ingredients ;)

Open product information is good for everyone.

Shooting you a PM.
UP2.0 is the only product I know of with that ratio, and if you check my post history, I've been lauding it as the best protein profile for years now. Since I had a part in making this product, why wouldn't I use what I consider to be the best possible protein sources? I don't care about novelty or people copying us profile-wise, but in terms of the other factors that you can't put on paper (again, this was a surprise to me), nailing things like texture and mixability isn't as easy as meets the eye, and yes, the pepform did help in this department, along with other factors like particle size (you will notice UP2.0 uses a very, very fine powder...for good reason. Buy bulk MPI and see how well it mixes for you ;)). It's the best combo of protein, bar-none. In this case, I do believe MPI is superior to micellar casein and WPC80 is superior to WPI, though we can debate it if you'd like.

blavongtheung

Awards
No problem. Be sure to check the references on some of the stuff. Suppversity has a few great articles as well for the layman

Will do, I enjoy learning about these kinds of things. Emailed the guy and waiting for a response now

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
UP2.0 is the only product I know of with that ratio, and if you check my post history, I've been lauding it as the best protein profile for years now. Since I had a part in making this product, why wouldn't I use what I consider to be the best possible protein sources? I don't care about novelty or people copying us. It's the best combo of protein, bar-none. In this case, I do believe MPI is superior to micellar casein and WPC80 is superior to WPI, though we can debate it if you'd like.
People copying you is the only reason not to just be open about everything to do with a product;)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
People copying you is the only reason not to just be open about everything to do with a product;)
Ok, maybe I do care a bit about being copied :D. How many people have copied 3.2g anacyclus pyrethrum DC extract and 75mg arimistane after all :)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm very fond of these SNS bumps. :)

It's like having a sixth man.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Ok, maybe I do care a bit about being copied :D. How many people have copied 3.2g anacyclus pyrethrum DC extract and 75mg arimistane after all :)
Truth!

Thread is interesting. Good job on the protein.

For those viewing, don't take De_eB's comments toward PES as though he is attacking PES. He is not.

He is well known on other boards for doing this stuff and catching out reps for not knowing their product. Cooper is brighter than most so he handles it well.

If this industry had noone scruntizing it, which both coop and deeb do, then it would be a boring board. As long as the debates/ scruntiny remain professional then there is no harm done imo

:D

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Truth!

Thread is interesting. Good job on the protein.

For those viewing, don't take De_eB's comments toward PES as though he is attacking PES. He is not.

He is well known on other boards for doing this stuff and catching out reps for not knowing their product. Cooper is brighter than most so he handles it well.

If this industry had noone scruntizing it, which both coop and deeb do, then it would be a boring board. As long as the debates/ scruntiny remain professional then there is no harm done imo

:D
Deeb handles himself very well. I am all for debates grounded in logic

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I never worry about email confirmations. If you have the cc/paypal charge they have your order and it will ship
This is correct. For some reason a lot of people haven't received shipping info but everyone I check on has had their order processed. :)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is correct. For some reason a lot of people haven't received shipping info but everyone I check on has had their order processed. :)
Ben the super rep!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Why did we pick 5g leucine as the benchmark for Select Protein? Well, I believed it was the best threshold dose of leucine for stimulating muscle protein synthesis. A study published just a week ago confirms this!

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2013/11/27/ajcn.113.068775.abstract

Am J Clin Nutr. 2013 Nov 27. [Epub ahead of print]
Leucine supplementation of a low-protein mixed macronutrient beverage enhances myofibrillar protein synthesis in young men: a double-blind, randomized trial.
Churchward-Venne TA, Breen L, Di Donato DM, Hector AJ, Mitchell CJ, Moore DR, Stellingwerff T, Breuille D, Offord EA, Baker SK, Phillips SM.

Source
Exercise Metabolism Research Group, Departments of Kinesiology (TAC-V, LB, DMDD, AJH, CJM, and SMP) and Neurology (SKB), McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada, and the Nestle Research Centre, Nestec Ltd, Lausanne, Switzerland (DRM, TS, DB, and EAO).
Abstract

BACKGROUND:
Leucine is a key amino acid involved in the regulation of skeletal muscle protein synthesis.

OBJECTIVE:
We assessed the effect of the supplementation of a lower-protein mixed macronutrient beverage with varying doses of leucine or a mixture of branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) on myofibrillar protein synthesis (MPS) at rest and after exercise.

DESIGN:
In a parallel group design, 40 men (21 ± 1 y) completed unilateral knee-extensor resistance exercise before the ingestion of 25 g whey protein (W25) (3.0 g leucine), 6.25 g whey protein (W6) (0.75g leucine), 6.25 g whey protein supplemented with leucine to 3.0 g total leucine (W6+Low-Leu), 6.25 g whey protein supplemented with leucine to 5.0 g total leucine (W6+High-Leu), or 6.25 g whey protein supplemented with leucine, isoleucine, and valine to 5.0 g total leucine. A primed continuous infusion of l-[ring-13C6] phenylalanine with serial muscle biopsies was used to measure MPS under baseline fasted and postprandial conditions in both a rested (response to feeding) and exercised (response to combined feeding and resistance exercise) leg.

RESULTS:
The area under the blood leucine curve was greatest for the W6+High-Leu group compared with the W6 and W6+Low-Leu groups (P < 0.001). In the postprandial period, rates of MPS were increased above baseline over 0-1.5 h in all treatments. Over 1.5-4.5 h, MPS remained increased above baseline after all treatments but was greatest after W25 (∼267%) and W6+High-Leu (∼220%) treatments (P = 0.002).

CONCLUSIONS:
A low-protein (6.25 g) mixed macronutrient beverage can be as effective as a high-protein dose (25 g) at stimulating increased MPS rates when supplemented with a high (5.0 g total leucine) amount of leucine. These results have important implications for formulations of protein beverages designed to enhance muscle anabolism. This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT 1530646.

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
Why did we pick 5g leucine as the benchmark for Select Protein? Well, I believed it was the best threshold dose of leucine for stimulating muscle protein synthesis. A study published just a week ago confirms this!

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2013/11/27/ajcn.113.068775.abstract

Am J Clin Nutr. 2013 Nov 27. [Epub ahead of print]
Leucine supplementation of a low-protein mixed macronutrient beverage enhances myofibrillar protein synthesis in young men: a double-blind, randomized trial.
Churchward-Venne TA, Breen L, Di Donato DM, Hector AJ, Mitchell CJ, Moore DR, Stellingwerff T, Breuille D, Offord EA, Baker SK, Phillips SM.

Source
Exercise Metabolism Research Group, Departments of Kinesiology (TAC-V, LB, DMDD, AJH, CJM, and SMP) and Neurology (SKB), McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada, and the Nestle Research Centre, Nestec Ltd, Lausanne, Switzerland (DRM, TS, DB, and EAO).
Abstract

BACKGROUND:
Leucine is a key amino acid involved in the regulation of skeletal muscle protein synthesis.

OBJECTIVE:
We assessed the effect of the supplementation of a lower-protein mixed macronutrient beverage with varying doses of leucine or a mixture of branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) on myofibrillar protein synthesis (MPS) at rest and after exercise.

DESIGN:
In a parallel group design, 40 men (21 ± 1 y) completed unilateral knee-extensor resistance exercise before the ingestion of 25 g whey protein (W25) (3.0 g leucine), 6.25 g whey protein (W6) (0.75g leucine), 6.25 g whey protein supplemented with leucine to 3.0 g total leucine (W6+Low-Leu), 6.25 g whey protein supplemented with leucine to 5.0 g total leucine (W6+High-Leu), or 6.25 g whey protein supplemented with leucine, isoleucine, and valine to 5.0 g total leucine. A primed continuous infusion of l-[ring-13C6] phenylalanine with serial muscle biopsies was used to measure MPS under baseline fasted and postprandial conditions in both a rested (response to feeding) and exercised (response to combined feeding and resistance exercise) leg.

RESULTS:
The area under the blood leucine curve was greatest for the W6+High-Leu group compared with the W6 and W6+Low-Leu groups (P < 0.001). In the postprandial period, rates of MPS were increased above baseline over 0-1.5 h in all treatments. Over 1.5-4.5 h, MPS remained increased above baseline after all treatments but was greatest after W25 (∼267%) and W6+High-Leu (∼220%) treatments (P = 0.002).

CONCLUSIONS:
A low-protein (6.25 g) mixed macronutrient beverage can be as effective as a high-protein dose (25 g) at stimulating increased MPS rates when supplemented with a high (5.0 g total leucine) amount of leucine. These results have important implications for formulations of protein beverages designed to enhance muscle anabolism. This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT 1530646.
So a high protein dose supplemented with 5g Leucine should be even more effective than any of the above?

redbirdfan1

redbirdfan1

Awards
  • Established
the 5 g thing isn't all that new. I read an article on T-nation a few years ago talking about 5g of Leucine added to protein made it more anabolic by a good percentage.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have a tub of SNS bulk Leucine and it tastes bad. I've added Leucine to my protein drinks as well as Amino IV and it always ruins the taste. There's enough Leucine in Select Protein where bulk Leucine isn't necessary and if it still tastes good, that's a huge plus in my book.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I have a tub of SNS bulk Leucine and it tastes bad. I've added Leucine to my protein drinks as well as Amino IV and it always ruins the taste. There's enough Leucine in Select Protein where bulk Leucine isn't necessary and if it still tastes good, that's a huge plus in my book.
This is why Analyzed supplements made leucine tablets available as well. Leucine is a powerhouse, glad to see its inclusion in the new releases including the metabolite HICA in AminoIV

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone who has played with PepForm also knows the taste is superior than regular Leucine. We aren't adding loads of fat and sugar and glycine to the formula to sweeten it up, and we wanted our consumers to have the best tasting ultra-pure and clean protein they've ever drank.

PS - when you guys get your protein try 1/2 scoop cookies and cream and 1/2 scoop snickerdoodle. It's basically a 4th flavor!

redbirdfan1

redbirdfan1

Awards
  • Established
yeah the worst thing about regular leucine isn't the taste IMO. It really doesn't taste like anything. It just never seemed to mix well. I felt like for every 5g I'd put into a shake, I'd maybe get 4g of it.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone who has played with PepForm also knows the taste is superior than regular Leucine. We aren't adding loads of fat and sugar and glycine to the formula to sweeten it up, and we wanted our consumers to have the best tasting ultra-pure and clean protein they've ever drank.

PS - when you guys get your protein try 1/2 scoop cookies and cream and 1/2 scoop snickerdoodle. It's basically a 4th flavor!
I hear you on that

Straight leucine or some unflavored aminos makes your breath smell like someone farted in your mouth.

Good work here!

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ordered on 12/2 and still processing. J/W, has any orders shipped out yet?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I hear you on that

Straight leucine or some unflavored aminos makes your breath smell like someone farted in your mouth.

Good work here!
try unflavored WPH
you will spit it up its so bitter.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

While we have you natty (and apologizes if this has been asked) any chance of getting this in bigger sizes in the future? If successful (which I fully expect based on your track record) I'd love to see this in a 5 lber.

Or man up and get me keg sized.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bulk luecine doesn't really have a taste. If you mix it with a protein you wouldnt even know it. I regularly add some in Xtend as well

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
While we have you natty (and apologizes if this has been asked) any chance of getting this in bigger sizes in the future? If successful (which I fully expect based on your track record) I'd love to see this in a 5 lber.

PES Keg Stands?

Next Furious Pete Challenge.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bulk luecine doesn't really have a taste. If you mix it with a protein you wouldnt even know it. I regularly add some in Xtend as well
I can taste it. Peptopro is even worse. That stuff is bitter.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've never noticed or had probs with the SNS leucine, taste or mixing, regularly add it to protein and whatever intra I'm using...VS and bulk bcaa's are a different story :gag:

Or at least go from the 2lb'er --> 10 lb bags with twist ties, we ain't picky...
Boo.ya.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
I can taste it. Peptopro is even worse. That stuff is bitter.
I just knock back the leucine with some water. Never really noticed a taste to it. Just mix it in with a pre/post or something else.

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
I add bulk Leucine to my shakes and literally can't even tell its in there!

blavongtheung

Awards
Thanks for the great help from you and Cooper!

Looking forward to dem protonz.