OTC Sleep aids

Stallion83

Stallion83

Awards
  • Established
Hey ive tried stuff called Sominex which is diphenhydramine but anyways does anyone know any really good otc sleep aids just wondering because at times I cant sleep but its not like an everyday thing its just I know how important sleep is so if anyone has any good suggestions plz let me know thnx!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Melatonin / ZMA / Tryptophan / Powerfull

lciaccio

lciaccio

Awards
  • Established
look for "sleepy time tea", its a green tea that you brew. I used to drink some of that and it mellows me out real good and i fall asleep shortly after. I have real bad anxiety and can't sleep sometimes and this has helped me.

If your looking for pills, I'm no much help there. Good luck

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I used to have horrible insomnia, like I would lay in bed at 10:30 and not fall asleep till 3-4 in the morning.

Problem solved:

GABA: 5g, mixed in water.
Diphenhydramine: 50mg
Valerian root: 1350mg

And sometimes some Ibprofen thrown in. If my back or legs hurt to bad from the gym that it makes it uncomfortable to sleep.

Not something obviously to depend on, the best thing to do is try and regulate your sleep naturally, but that stack really works, its as powerfull as prescription sleep aides.

Stallion83

Stallion83

Awards
  • Established
Ahh okay gotcha hey does anyone know if you can actually buy valerian root in a crocery store and just brew that and taking diohenhydromine. Also on the same talk anbout the Diphen does anyone or rather has anyone tried a better brand of diphen? Melatonin I will keep in mind Valerian seems to be really good too. Thing is I got a lot of green tea packets and was gonna brew it with something bc green tea (uncaff) by itself wont calm me down. I did try 5-htp but at times its still useless lol. Yeah insomnia sux hey futurepilot the ingredients you given me is that all mixed in a hot brew? Just curious bc I tried to do green tea and honey but lol not that powerfull. And Renegade can you elaborte the product Powerfull for me if you don't mind. I do have ZMA and I do take that at night. Thanx again for all the support guys most appreciated.

Stallion83

Stallion83

Awards
  • Established
Hey iciaccio thanx bud I will go to my local store to get some. Can you find that at food lion (on a budget here) or do I need to go to the high end places. Also hey iciaccio what else would you blend with that to really intensify the drowsiness =) if anyone knows plz feel free to add. This stupid girl won't stop calling me damnit. Oops thinking out load again lol. Anywho thanx again guys.

Stallion83

Stallion83

Awards
  • Established
Ok nvm Food Lion says they got it. Now my thing is I want something that I can disolve into it to make it stronger for ex something containing melatonin and valarion root supplement or Sominex pills to dissolve into the Sleepytime tea. I think we are on the right track I like that sleepytime idea sounds really good now just something a really strong tranquilizer is all im looking for hehehehe. And i don't lunesta or Ambien either lol. I meant better ideas bc with those products like Ambien I may fall asleep but prolly dancing naked on the damn bridge omg you seen those side effect videos about ambien its so messed up. Anywho comments are welcome thnx again.

Stallion83

Stallion83

Awards
  • Established
X-Dreams I don't have a credit card to order online I tried to look up X-dreams around my local stores here in Raleigh,Nc but coulnt find any that carries that. Seems like a good product I saw the profile. Here I got a Vitamin Shoppe GNC and a place called All Pro Nutrion which a guy who is an IFBB runs it where usually stuff like Rage and all that you can't find at GNC and all I get there. Some of the top products like Leviathan and Recreate by USP he has where other two stores don't.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
X-Dreams I don't have a credit card to order online I tried to look up X-dreams around my local stores here in Raleigh,Nc but coulnt find any that carries that. Seems like a good product I saw the profile. Here I got a Vitamin Shoppe GNC and a place called All Pro Nutrion which a guy who is an IFBB runs it where usually stuff like Rage and all that you can't find at GNC and all I get there. Some of the top products like Leviathan and Recreate by USP he has where other two stores don't.
You can use a Money Order.

Stallion83

Stallion83

Awards
  • Established
saw something on youtube called Prime by USPlabs guy said his sleep was great vivd dreams blah blah blah but Im trying to save my dough though and wanted to get something more on a budget (if possible) I don't want to be hasty with all these products because thats how I ran out of money to begin with so im more carefull what I buy because some companies to me are just out for the money. On the same topic of getting a good nites sleep maybe someone knows something about a product that aids in fat loss and maybe put you to sleep. Lets take ALRI's product Lean Dreams. I don't know if anyone has tried it for heard of it but I took it once was great but I think now its not as strong today than it was in the past.But it is Valerian rook melatonin 5-htp mix to name a few so something like Lean Dreams but maybe cost efficient lol. Thanx guys.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
just pick up some melatonin and gaba and youll be set...i usually take 15mgs of melatonin and 6grams of gaba and it works great...

Stallion83

Stallion83

Awards
  • Established
GABA by itself I am really sure Vitaminshoppe has it. As far as the Mel there cheap its bout 5 bucks for 60 or some crap lol. Thnx again guys

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Not to be the odd ball here, but when I take Divanil I sleep better than ever.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am a huge fan of Abyss. I find that about 4 30-40 minutes prior to bed, and I am out cold

Stallion83

Stallion83

Awards
  • Established
Abyss I like the Theanine good relaxer. I tried one that had that in it too because SOminex just don't cut it for me. I like green tea (uncaff) and maybe something else to take along with it.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just a little breakdown:
Per Nimbus website
Serving Size: 4 capsules
Servings Per Container 30

1 Servings Provide:
Vitamin B-6 8mg 375%
Vitamin B-12 750mcg 12500000%
Magnesium 202mg 51%
Zinc 23mg 150%
*Abyss DS Matrix™ 2484mg ---
Abyss DS Matrix™: Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid, L-Tryptophan, Magnesium Carbonate, Methylcobalamin, Phenibut, Pyridoxine HCL, Zinc Gluconate, L-Theanine

Stallion83

Stallion83

Awards
  • Established
Holy $H*T thats allata b vitamins lol good lord! Nice product non the less thanx again reaper

12STEP

Awards
  • Established
whats up stallion. i am from n.c. too anyway. having read some of your other post on other threads i think maybe your dosing your eca to late in the day. if thats not the case zma, 3g of gaba, and 5 mg melatonin usually works ,and is pretty cheap. you can get it all from gnc if you had too. just be aware that at 3g and above gaba causes shortness of breath so dont freak out when it happens it will go away after a few minutes.

Cinn

Cinn

Awards
Hey ive tried stuff called Sominex which is diphenhydramine but anyways does anyone know any really good otc sleep aids just wondering because at times I cant sleep but its not like an everyday thing its just I know how important sleep is so if anyone has any good suggestions plz let me know thnx!

Evaluate your sleep hygiene before drugging yourself.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Ahh okay gotcha hey does anyone know if you can actually buy valerian root in a crocery store and just brew that and taking diohenhydromine.

Melatonin I will keep in mind Valerian seems to be really good too.
The valerian root comes in pill form. The GABA also comes in pill form, I happen to have bulk GABA, so I mix that in water, and use it to wash down the Valerian pills, and the Diphenhydramine pills. You can buy generic benedryl, and thats just straight Diphen, alot cheaper that brand name sleep aides.

Be aware that melatonin increases estrogen and prolactin.

Kc2554

Awards
The valerian root comes in pill form. The GABA also comes in pill form, I happen to have bulk GABA, so I mix that in water, and use it to wash down the Valerian pills, and the Diphenhydramine pills. You can buy generic benedryl, and thats just straight Diphen, alot cheaper that brand name sleep aides.

Be aware that melatonin increases estrogen and prolactin.
WHOA!!!
Did not know that....
I use melatonin all the time...

Edit:
Check this out...I have not done much searching, but this is the first one I found:
http://grouppekurosawa.com/blog/2006/04/melatonin-inactivates-estrogen.htm

Stallion83

Stallion83

Awards
  • Established
Crap then melatonin aint for me! that sux. Seriously.

Kc2554

Awards
I'll have to read through those studies they reference.
Me too...I need to research all this after work.
This may be a question for a new thread, but what happens when/if Prolactin is too high?

Stallion83

Stallion83

Awards
  • Established
yo yo yo I did a lil research and came up with a suggestion. ALRI has one called Restore. Ups free test and tries to eliminate prolactin is what it says.

KRNMuscle

KRNMuscle

Awards
Shut Eye by Fusion Bodybuilding did me goodd. Most of the times other sleep aids have just made me tired, but not enough to make me fall asleep. But this stuff made me feel like I just ran for 50 miles straight(not physically of course).
I woke up real refreshed too. Good stuff.

who281

Awards
damn UNISOM works great for me.. i didnt know there were so many options..

i dono if UNISOM has any neg effects.. but its one of the few sleep aids that makes me just sleepy enough to fall asleep as soon as i lay down but doesnt just knock me on my ass..

it also is the only one ive used that if i wake up in the middle of the night to take a piss.. i fall right back to sleep..

also after 6-8 hours of sleep if i get up the drowsyness wears off in like 5 min.

mickey69

Awards
At one time, melatonin was best known for it's effectiveness in treating jet lag, and quite literally, you could find a melatonin product in the suitcase or carry-on bag of almost every traveler. But intensive research is showing melatonin to be nature's own "cure-all" for all sorts of health problems, ranging from depression to weight to sleep disorders. And it's also been shown to produce significant antioxidant effects. As an antioxidant, the hormone released from this pineal gland has been shown to reduce the effects of aging in both younger and older recipients.

As sleep disorders continue to rise, health interest in melatonin benefits and the effects that it has on newer and older sleep disorders increases nation-wide. Melatonin is a normal hormone naturally created within the body, and it's secreted by the pineal gland (located in the midsection of the brain) to assist with the different circadian cycles of night sleep.

Melatonin is an internal hormone secreted by the pineal gland. And its reported benefits are many - ranging from alleviating depression to losing weight. However among these benefits, melatonin is probably best known for its ability to restore the natural circadian rhythm. The circadian rhythm is a daily cycle of activity in living organisms. Melatonin ensures that a significant part of that circadian cycle benefits sleep. And because the human body naturally produces it, it's widely regarded as one of the least toxic substances.

In fact, a number of large-scale studies report that melatonin - even when taken at a hundred to a thousand times the normal dosage (.01 grams) - shows no significant threat to the body (other than minor headaches in a few individuals). Nor does it produce a health problem or ill effects on the people who take it.

Stallion83

Stallion83

Awards
  • Established
Well other than the melatonin bc thats vastly used a lot. I was thinking valerian root and green tea with honey would do the trick but I really want a strong sedative bc i got a big frame so usually one mesilly melaton (which I did) doesnt really cut it. Kinda like handing Jay Cutler a piece of bologna and saying this is your protein for this meal lol.

Stallion83

Stallion83

Awards
  • Established
Was thinking lately about the product ALRI came out with called Lean Dreams. I just want to know how you all feel about it. And also my nighttime stack is ZMA and Tribe so if I stack those with the Lean Dreams what do you all think. ZMA by itself doesnt really get me drowsy whatsoever. lol

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Was thinking lately about the product ALRI came out with called Lean Dreams. I just want to know how you all feel about it. And also my nighttime stack is ZMA and Tribe so if I stack those with the Lean Dreams what do you all think. ZMA by itself doesnt really get me drowsy whatsoever. lol
Negative. Go with something else by a more respectful company.

Stallion83

Stallion83

Awards
  • Established
Damn right thank u iron lungs. I knew it would get a back feed but hell I am not gonna spend my hard earn money on bullshizzle stuff. Ughhhhhhh Im trying to think of something really really good that would stack great and knock me out. I;ll get back with something gonna research on stuff. If anyone has anything let me know. Just like Iron Lungz said something that is a more respectfull company plz thanx again everyone.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Damn right thank u iron lungs. I knew it would get a back feed but hell I am not gonna spend my hard earn money on bullshizzle stuff. Ughhhhhhh Im trying to think of something really really good that would stack great and knock me out. I;ll get back with something gonna research on stuff. If anyone has anything let me know. Just like Iron Lungz said something that is a more respectfull company plz thanx again everyone.
You really should consider ordering something from Nutra. Just use a MO.

Stallion83

Stallion83

Awards
  • Established
yup thats true and thnx for the elaboration. Browsing through the site now.

worm

worm

Awards
  • Established
I saw in one of the posts you asked someone to elaborate more on powerfull. It is supposed to be a gh releaser/sleepaid. If you look at the nutraplanet store under uspowders you can buy it in bulk for like 11 dollars. Its called bulk carboxy1 or something like that. I just orderd some but havn't had a chance to try it yet.

Stallion83

Stallion83

Awards
  • Established
What about GABA is that something that will put u to sleep or make u drowsy?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i got some samples of lean dreams by alri awhile back and it worked good. mst makes a great sleep aid somnidren gh. and ibe has x-dream. i have a tolerance problem with sleep aids and have to mix them up for them to stay effective but the ones i listed above all work well for a short time.

briancogs888

Awards
Vitamn Q (NyQuil)

Hahahaha...jk...Eat some cherries before bed (cherries increase your blood melatonin levels), get a valerian and hops supp.

Stallion83

Stallion83

Awards
  • Established
I bought Celestial Sleepy time extra with valerian root and Chomomile. So I am trying to stay off anything until I speak to my doc about my depression. Maybe he can give me some AMBIEN!!!!! lol anyways i'll keep everyone posted.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GreenMachineX Supplements 12
RagnarLothbrk OTC Drug 28
paul56778 Supplements 69
lightemup Supplements 33
SteelEntity OTC Drug 33