Ostarine destroying your immune system??

Ashima

Ashima

Awards
Hi guys. This is kind of a long post, and I don't know if anyone can ever offer guidance on the issue, but the gist of it is, I am wondering if anyone has ever had severe immune system issues after stopping Ostarine because I, personally, was sick for the better part of six months after stopping and fear the situation is going to repeat itself.

For some context, I started Ostarine (sourced from Chemyo) last September and ran it until early December, 5mg a day of powder (I know this is less than most people use but I have a very small build and am also a woman so I figured I shouldn't dive in too heavy.) It was my first time doing any sort of PED. I gained 7 lbs of lean muscle mass and added 7 pull-ups to my max in this time, which I was really happy with, but I was also sleeping for 10+ hours a day and getting bad brain fog which was negatively affecting my school performance, so I stopped. Brain fog lifted almost immediately.

I came down with mono AND the flu at the same time, second week of December. There was nothing super out of the ordinary about this to me at the time. My spleen was enlarged for the next month and a half, to the point where sleeping on my stomach hurt, and I felt horrible, so I took it easy and didn't work out much or go out over winter break. First week of January, I nick myself shaving - I thought nothing of it, it was barely even a cut, and went about my life. I came down with a fever the next day and the fever lasted for FOUR DAYS until I could get to a doctor - the cut had gotten infected and gone from maybe a millimeter in length to an inch and a half by the time I got in with a doctor, and it wasn't scabbing. They put me on an antibiotic and sent in a culture. I didn't have anything scary like MRSA or staph, just common bacteria... I chalked it up to horrible luck and went on with my life. Two weeks later I have a bad reaction to the antibiotics, fully rashed out with a super red and puffy face. The doc noticed my tonsils had some exudate and tested me for strep.... came back positive (mind you I had barely been leaving my house at this point).

I didn't take the antibiotics she gave me right away because at this point I was pretty concerned about my gut flora and I didn't feel sick with strep at all, then a week later, first day of the second semester, it hit me and I took the Z-pak. All was well for three weeks and I felt fine. Then, I got a sinus infection of a magnitude never before seen. It lasted for three weeks straight. I would wake up and blow my nose 15-20 times and each time a LOT of dark yellow gunk would come out, then twenty minutes later I would repeat.... for three straight weeks. It went away first week of March, and then five days after I recovered from that I came down with a strep-like illness that was not strep or the flu. I was running a high fever for two days and my tonsils were covered in exudate, my throat was very sore. Then, it was like rinse and repeat for the rest of the semester. Every 1-1.5 weeks I would come down with a mystery illness, usually one that presented like strep. All in all, I was sick for 8 out of 15 weeks last semester. (I would like to note that my boyfriend and a couple of my friends saw me pretty much every single day during this period, and none of them ever contracted an illness from me)

Summer break started and I stopped getting sick, probably because I wasn't seeing anyone ever, and I decided to go back on Ostarine to try to compensate for the huge loss of muscle I had experienced from being homebound half the time around the middle of June. All was well. I just went off of it again two weeks ago and I immediately got sick - no big deal, just a cold. Now, as I am writing this, I am doubly sick, running a fever and feeling like ****. To be fair, EVERYONE is sick it seems - I took an exam last week and a guy beside me was sucking down snot the entire time, I went to a party and half the people who were there are also currently ill, though none as badly as I am, so I'm not ready to chalk it up the Ostarine just yet. The course of the past year has me really worried though. I have been sick more times in the last year than I have been during the past decade prior. My doctors said there was no issue, that it was just Covid era immune system depletion since I hadn't been exposed to germs in the past couple of years, but at the point where I started getting sick I had not been masking or distancing for over a year.

A cursory look at the literature doesn't return much about Ostarine affecting your immune system one way or the other, but I am pretty distressed over the idea that this semester may take the same path as last in terms of my health, and I am reluctant to rule out the experimental research chemical that I've been putting into my body as the culprit. Any and all guidance on the matter, or reassurance that it's not the cause, would be appreciated, and if anyone here has had a similar experience, I would love to hear about it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I normally don't post or comment on any research chemicals or SARM's, but I'll add a little insight here to try to help out.

One thing to consider is that in the last couple of years because of all the changes in the world and things going around, as you mentioned, sometimes it seems like everyone has been sick and/or more sick than normal, so your situation could have been a coincidence.

However, two other things that make it hard to ever know for sure if Ostarine contributed to your personal situation are:
  • The clinical studies done on Ostarine for medical purposes typically use a lot lower dosage than the people in the bodybuilding and fitness community use them at, so there are likely no studies specifically done on the risks of Ostarine to the immune system at the commonly used bodybuilding dosages.
  • Research Chemicals are not typically (if ever) tested in actual accredited labs to know for sure that you're getting what you think you are, and also aren't commonly (if ever) tested for heavy metals and/or microbial contamination.
Hopefully some other people will share experiences with it and let you know if it has or hasn't affected them that way, but even then, it doesn't rule out other variables like above.

I can't share a personal experience because honestly I would never use it.

I hope this info helps.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You would be the first person I've heard of and it's very, very likely just a coincidence. Something I see over and over again when people are new to gear they often assume everything that happens to them is because of what there taking. I guess there's always a chance and you can't 100% rule it out buy I'd bark up a different tree