Operation Swole Gheneration, Contest prep lift off!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
wow-damn fine example of how it's supposed to be done!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wow-damn fine example of how it's supposed to be done!
Thanks "T" , if you want to be a winner you have to learn off winners, that's where AM has come in.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks "T" , if you want to be a winner you have to learn off winners, that's where AM has come in.
You are for sure a winner here on AM, DW. On and off the stage of competition. You're a great source of inspiration for me. Keeps me pushing to be as well built as you when I get to your age. Not that I'm so far off from that now... LOL

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are for sure a winner here on AM, DW. On and off the stage of competition. You're a great source of inspiration for me. Keeps me pushing to be as well built as you when I get to your age. Not that I'm so far off from that now... LOL
Right back at yah big guy, your a great source of positive reinforcement for me and I'm glad your back and logging.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome workout ...

Preacher curls 100 X 12/6/5 up 5 lbs up 2 reps on the first set and one on the second

Wrist curls ss 20 X 65 up 10 lbs ouch

Standing Calf raise 20 second neg.. 12 X 170 up 10 lbs

Stiff legged dead's 285 X 7 265 X 11 up on rep on the first and 10 lbs on both sets

Leg Press 6 X 670 then 620 lb widowmaker, up 20 lbs but only 17 reps on the WM

Ok don't know where the strength is coming from and I am seeing more fat loss in the mirror than I am seeing on the scale. We'll see what I weigh in a next week.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome workout ...

Preacher curls 100 X 12/6/5 up 5 lbs up 2 reps on the first set and one on the second

Wrist curls ss 20 X 65 up 10 lbs ouch

Standing Calf raise 20 second neg.. 12 X 170 up 10 lbs

Stiff legged dead's 285 X 7 265 X 11 up on rep on the first and 10 lbs on both sets

Leg Press 6 X 670 then 620 lb widowmaker, up 20 lbs but only 17 reps on the WM

Ok don't know where the strength is coming from and I am seeing more fat loss in the mirror than I am seeing on the scale. We'll see what I weigh in a next week.

Very nice.:)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
HITT cardio last night 30 minutes, 30 minutes fasted moderate this morning with AP and Xtend.

Made a change in my posing routine I really liked how it turned out and practice went pretty well.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
HITT cardio last night 30 minutes, 30 minutes fasted moderate this morning with AP and Xtend.

Made a change in my posing routine I really liked how it turned out and practice went pretty well.
Sounds good bro.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Incline Flies 70's 16-8-6 up 5 lbs down 1 rep on the first and second set I really improved my depth though as I was pushing my shoulder and 70's are very heavy for me on this exercise.

L-lateral raise 37.5's 13-9-6 up 2.5 lbs down 1 rep on first set up 2 on second 1 on the third

Rope Pressdown 80 11-6-4 same weight.. up one rep on first second and third set

Behind head pulldowns 180 10-5-4 same weight down 1 rep on the first set, shoulder was feeling the strain of the other exercises

Tbar rows 195 X 3 + 185 X4, 175 X 11 first set up 10 lbs and could only get 3 reps so I dropped it and did 4 more second set up 5 lbs there is a point where this exercise just gets too heavy. If I would have only gone up 5 on the first set...

All in all a very good day again

Unofficial weigh in has my down only .5 lb from Thursday, I have no idea what is going on here as I reduced my calories slightly. I am making another slight adjustment starting today I am going to eat only 3/4 cups of rolled oats am instead of a whole cup as I thought the full cup was a bit much anyway. If my weight is not down more on Thursday I will reduce cals on Saturday as well.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Incline Flies 70's 16-8-6 up 5 lbs down 1 rep on the first and second set I really improved my depth though as I was pushing my shoulder and 70's are very heavy for me on this exercise.

L-lateral raise 37.5's 13-9-6 up 2.5 lbs down 1 rep on first set up 2 on second 1 on the third

Behind head pulldowns 180 10-5-4 same weight down 1 rep on the first set, shoulder was feeling the strain of the other exercises

Tbar rows 195 X 3 + 185 X4, 175 X 11 first set up 10 lbs and could only get 3 reps so I dropped it and did 4 more second set up 5 lbs there is a point where this exercise just gets too heavy. If I would have only gone up 5 on the first set...

Unofficial weigh in has my down only .5 lb from Thursday, I have no idea what is going on here as I reduced my calories slightly. I am making another slight adjustment starting today I am going to eat only 3/4 cups of rolled oats am instead of a whole cup as I thought the full cup was a bit much anyway. If my weight is not down more on Thursday I will reduce cals on Saturday as well.

Solid lift, how much longer do u have in this prep cycle?

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Is the mirror still telling you good things?

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good stuff going down here DW!! Nice increases in strength my brotha.
And you know enough to not sweat what the scale tells ya. It means you're recomping and that's great. You don't really want to lose too much size and you know it!! ha ha
We do have ego coming into play even at our age!! :439:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is the mirror still telling you good things?
Yes it does still seem I'm losing more fat than the scale indicates although it does not seem as obvious. That could change tonight or tommorow or the day after that. I will withhold the Saturday updates till I see what happens in the next couple of days. I was looking pretty big last night after the gym so I could be adding some lean mass still, I actually think that I must be.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good stuff going down here DW!! Nice increases in strength my brotha.
And you know enough to not sweat what the scale tells ya. It means you're recomping and that's great. You don't really want to lose too much size and you know it!! ha ha
We do have ego coming into play even at our age!! :439:
It's just so strange that the scale doesn't go down as fast. Remember I've done this quite a few times and I would normally be losing faster but your right some of that was mass before, not to mention the fact that I could be gaining a little mass.

Oh and the fact that I am gaining on some of my compound lifts speaks volumes...

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What shows in the mirror is what the judges go by! I'm pretty sure you don't get scored for your weight..

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What shows in the mirror is what the judges go by! I'm pretty sure you don't get scored for your weight..
Yah I am mindfull of that just want to make sure my perception is on the money. Everything has to be so precise. I have to start measuring body fat.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Measuring BF% and the scale weight are 2 different animals. The fat will come off slower. I would be ecstatic about keeping the muscle weight and dropping the fat. Sounds like you might be hitting it right here DW.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Measuring BF% and the scale weight are 2 different animals. The fat will come off slower. I would be ecstatic about keeping the muscle weight and dropping the fat. Sounds like you might be hitting it right here DW.
Yah I think so.. but have to make sure, no room for error...:nono:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
HITT cardio last night, decent session the wife was getting on my nerves bless her heart and it brought some extra intensity to the workout.

Did 30 minutes fasted this morning above average intensity, fantastic session and let me tell you why.. I have upped my OEP dosing to 2/1/1 for the last 2 weeks of this run and ... I have added in Recreate 1 am and 1 pm... I am vibrating on 2 OEP, really humming.

In other news I decided to get my leaner wardrobe out and much to my surprise my 34" pants all fit perfectly... I don't like clothes to be too snug. This as convinced me to take 2 lbs off my target loss despite what the scale says so... 15 lbs to lose in 11 weeks, with 3 weeks buffer. This will take me to 209.5 if I have not lost since tuesday, which I probably have so lets guess 209 but the weigh in will decide that tonight.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's just so strange that the scale doesn't go down as fast. Remember I've done this quite a few times and I would normally be losing faster but your right some of that was mass before, not to mention the fact that I could be gaining a little mass.

Oh and the fact that I am gaining on some of my compound lifts speaks volumes...
I do believe that the heavy compound lifting of the DC routine is what is different for you this time around. Before I bet you were lifting in what we've been told and led to believe are "pre-contest" training routines that do nothing to create gain or even maintain mass.

The heavy DC stuff is causing you to increase both strength and mass while cutting. And of course the sound supplementation you have going here is a positive addition as well.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do believe that the heavy compound lifting of the DC routine is what is different for you this time around. Before I bet you were lifting in what we've been told and led to believe are "pre-contest" training routines that do nothing to create gain or even maintain mass.

The heavy DC stuff is causing you to increase both strength and mass while cutting. And of course the sound supplementation you have going here is a positive addition as well.
Yes all factors and I expected this to some extent but not to this degree, the heavy lifting must be the difference. I've lost 9 lbs in 6 weeks but it looks more like 12 so in my estimation I've gained 3 lbs lean mass!! I expected maybe 1.5 - 2 lbs at the very most.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes all factors and I expected this to some extent but not to this degree, the heavy lifting must be the difference. I've lost 9 lbs in 6 weeks but it looks more like 12 so in my estimation I've gained 3 lbs lean mass!! I expected maybe 1.5 - 2 lbs at the very most.
I like bodybuilders like Branch Warren, Dorian Yates, and Ronnie Coleman who continue to lift monster heavy weights all the way up to their contest. Besides all the gear that they're obviously on, the heavy lifting is what enables them to retain more mass than the other guys who change over to the light-weight isolation-only stuff.

You're doing awesome DW!!! Keep pounding out that heavy shizz!!!!:hammer:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like bodybuilders like Branch Warren, Dorian Yates, and Ronnie Coleman who continue to lift monster heavy weights all the way up to their contest. Besides all the gear that they're obviously on, the heavy lifting is what enables them to retain more mass than the other guys who change over to the light-weight isolation-only stuff.

You're doing awesome DW!!! Keep pounding out that heavy shizz!!!!:hammer:
You know, I don't pay attention to what I am doing diet wise to how I lift... I think it's fairly irrelevant. Like higher reps when your cutting why? Higher reps to change things up, now that makes sense. I don't ever go above 15 reps though. I will switch to HST for the change of pace .. no other reason and HST gives you a good variety of intensity. After my 6 weeks HST session I will do a hybrid of both disciplines .. because it's time to shake things up, that's all the reason I need. One thing I am a big believer in is Periodization and the more you shake it up the better. "Everything works!! just not for very long..."

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
You know, I don't pay attention to what I am doing diet wise to how I lift... I think it's fairly irrelevant. Like higher reps when your cutting why? Higher reps to change things up, now that makes sense. I don't ever go above 15 reps though. I will switch to HST for the change of pace .. no other reason and HST gives you a good variety of intensity. After my 6 weeks HST session I will do a hybrid of both disciplines .. because it's time to shake things up, that's all the reason I need. One thing I am a big believer in is Periodization and the more you shake it up the better. "Everything works!! just not for very long..."
This is where I like your style DW :approve:

I utilized a hybrid of HST and DC principles and my back and shoulders blew up, which were my weakest points at the time.
:woohoo:

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

I use to be under the impression of reps for cutting, but realized that intensity burns more calories then reps and pumps are far more intense as well. If you sit there and hit 5 sets of 8-10 with 20-30 second intervals with heavier weight you burn more calories then hitting a much lighter weight for sets of 3 sets of 25.

I guess for now i favor the higher reps to shock the muscle when im feeling to weak to really get lift in but need to get an intense workout none-the-less. I figure its better then not workot out at all.

I need to get that book on periodization....its been on my to-do list for awhile now

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use to be under the impression of reps for cutting, but realized that intensity burns more calories then reps and pumps are far more intense as well. If you sit there and hit 5 sets of 8-10 with 20-30 second intervals with heavier weight you burn more calories then hitting a much lighter weight for sets of 3 sets of 25.

I guess for now i favor the higher reps to shock the muscle when im feeling to weak to really get lift in but need to get an intense workout none-the-less. I figure its better then not workot out at all.

I need to get that book on periodization....its been on my to-do list for awhile now
I am and always will be a proponent of heavier weights at all time unless it is a deloading phase or you are rehabbing an injury. I have made all of my gains doing heavier weights less when doing 15 reps for HST (that was conditioning to do heavier weights!). Every once in a while I like to do a day or week that is all 12-15 rep focused like GHGH said to shock the muscles, but never for an extended period of time.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
HITT cardio last night, decent session the wife was getting on my nerves bless her heart and it brought some extra intensity to the workout.

Did 30 minutes fasted this morning above average intensity, fantastic session and let me tell you why.. I have upped my OEP dosing to 2/1/1 for the last 2 weeks of this run and ... I have added in Recreate 1 am and 1 pm... I am vibrating on 2 OEP, really humming.

In other news I decided to get my leaner wardrobe out and much to my surprise my 34" pants all fit perfectly... I don't like clothes to be too snug. This as convinced me to take 2 lbs off my target loss despite what the scale says so... 15 lbs to lose in 11 weeks, with 3 weeks buffer. This will take me to 209.5 if I have not lost since tuesday, which I probably have so lets guess 209 but the weigh in will decide that tonight.
My ex-wife bless her soul filled me with extra intensity.:)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

maybe you could add an extra 15 minutes of cardio instead of reducing cals any lower? my cardio workouts are a minimum of 45 minutes and sometimes go an hour and a half.:dunno:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
maybe you could add an extra 15 minutes of cardio instead of reducing cals any lower? my cardio workouts are a minimum of 45 minutes and sometimes go an hour and a half.:dunno:
Yah increased cardio is another adjustment but will be after my next diet adjusment then I will alternate. I will avoid long sessions however, unless I am mixing HITT with moderate I could go 30 HITT 15 moderate.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Total Carnage!!!

Cable curls ..135 for 14/8/6 up 10 lbs 2 reps on the first set and one on the third

Hammer curls 60 for 11/6/6 up 5 lbs up 1 rep on the first 1 on the last down one on the second

Calf lever (leg press) 20 second negatives 12 reps 390 up 10 up 1 rep

Decline db leg curls 80 lbs 12/5/5 up 1 on 1st 2 on second and 3 on third

leg extension rest pause 150 14/9/8 up one across the board

My strength was awesome and I just blazed through this...

Official weigh in and I was down another 1.75 lbs since Tuesday for a 1 week total of 2.25 so I am actually down more than I thought. 14.75 to go in 11 weeks. I am sitting at 222.75 at the moment. 10.25 lbs down in 6 weeks. Up around 2-3 lbs muscle mass. This is no exaggeration, I put on my shirt to go to the gym and noticed it was a bit tighter. So needless to say there will be no further adjustments at this time.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't you just love it when a plan comes together DW??!! I knew you were on the right track.
You're dotting all your "i"s and crossing all your "t"s.
You're working your ass off and you're watching that diet. And your supplementation protocol is topnotch. How could it not work?

Keep up the inspiring progress here my warrior brother!!:swordfight:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't you just love it when a plan comes together DW??!! I knew you were on the right track.
You're dotting all your "i"s and crossing all your "t"s.
You're working your ass off and you're watching that diet. And your supplementation protocol is topnotch. How could it not work?

Keep up the inspiring progress here my warrior brother!!:swordfight:
Thanks TG, yah this is where my excessive compulisve type personality is an advantage. I can be very anal when it comes to planning which helps me overcome some of my genetic disadvantages. There is no substitute for hard work and I enjoy working hard.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks TG, yah this is where my excessive compulisve type personality is an advantage. I can be very anal when it comes to planning which helps me overcome some of my genetic disadvantages. There is no substitute for hard work and I enjoy working hard.
Spoken by someone who will be in his best ever shape when he hits the stage this time. Continued success DW, your journey is inspiring and you are killing it still! Just wait until you start high dosing the prime after the swole stack, it will only get better!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Spoken by someone who will be in his best ever shape when he hits the stage this time. Continued success DW, your journey is inspiring and you are killing it still! Just wait until you start high dosing the prime after the swole stack, it will only get better!
It's hard to imagine!! I thought I peaked on this stack but I'm still climbing....

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is actually inspiring to see that you are progressing like you are in a caloric deficit and putting on new lean muscle. The game has truly changed and there is no looking back on days where we get weak half way into a cut and struggle to move weight.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is actually inspiring to see that you are progressing like you are in a caloric deficit and putting on new lean muscle. The game has truly changed and there is no looking back on days where we get weak half way into a cut and struggle to move weight.
Yah I am not missing that I tell you... That's where these new herbal products really show how much of a difference they can make. I would normally be going down by as much as I am going up.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great news.
I'll say, only 2 weeks left and it looks like swole is going to carry me through to the end.

A much needed rest day yesterday, some extra calories as well. Really seeing some nice body recomp as well. Losing like this sure looks different than wasting away the conventional way.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll say, only 2 weeks left and it looks like swole is going to carry me through to the end.

A much needed rest day yesterday, some extra calories as well. Really seeing some nice body recomp as well. Losing like this sure looks different than wasting away the conventional way.
Great work bro.:)

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
looks like i should be saving up for this stack...its been treating everyone so nicely
Yah it's money well spent...

Well nothing is perfect and life is not always a piece of cake, just after I tell my co-workers that I haven't had a cold in years, I am trying to fight another one off. I have been able to train full intensity but it has cost me some power and taken away a bit of my edge. I continue to fight but this ones tough to shake. It wants me, I have been avoiding it for so long. Fug that, I will keep popping the echinacea...

So my first not so good workout on this run, it wasn't terrible but I lost a couple reps here and there on the first couple exercises, I don't have the specific numbes with me but I will run it down.

Incline bench lost 1 rep on the first and third sets

Military Press was a similar story

Close grip was a bit better, might have got a rep or two extra, my lungs had started to clear and I was heating up... The worst was over...

Cable pullovers actually saw me going up 10 lbs and maybe down only 1 rep or so

I am not going to be doing any more deads, waist is getting too small and it will only cause problems. I substituted rest pause seated narrow rows 140 for 12-6-4 or something like that.

Did some heavy ab work, Wheel of death 11 reps!! Machine crunches, weigted oblique extensions, declined weighted leg raises...

Saw some big improvements on posing practice Saturday, a lot of oohs and awe's from the wife.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh forgot to mention, I said that my waist was getting small, well that's the VAT Attack kicking in, man would I love to get ahold of some more of this. Maybe the best discontinued and most underrated supp ever...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Made it through last nights HITT 30 minute session and this mornings fasted 30 minute session. I seem to have fought off the cold but as usual it has left me with a mild case of brochitis, makes it hard to breath but I manage.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Made it through last nights HITT 30 minute session and this mornings fasted 30 minute session. I seem to have fought off the cold but as usual it has left me with a mild case of brochitis, makes it hard to breath but I manage.
Every time I get a bad cold same thing brochitis.:(

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well that is a good thing. A bad case of bronchitis is not fun at all.:(
Yah it's a pain... I haven't had to use antibiotics in almost 15 years though.