• First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Back/bi's!

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
I've got a HUGE deadlift day tomorrow! BEYOND PUMPED FOR IT!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've got a HUGE deadlift day tomorrow! BEYOND PUMPED FOR IT!
I miss Deadlift days! Have been throwing deadlifts in with Lower body power lately because of my program split

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
I miss Deadlift days! Have been throwing deadlifts in with Lower body power lately because of my program split
Oh are they FUN! Lots of lat and hamstring emphasis tomorrow…beyond excited to finally hit a 700lb dead this year

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I've got deadlifts tonight to kick off my hamstrings workout :) also very excited to make a racket at the gym ;)

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
I've got deadlifts tonight to kick off my hamstrings workout :) also very excited to make a racket at the gym ;)
HELL yeah! Whats the whole workout looking like?

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
HELL yeah! Whats the whole workout looking like?
It's probably going to be a solid 30-45 minutes of deads, I like to incorporate a little quads even with hamstrings so some leg extensions superset with body weight calf raises, seated leg curls, lying leg curls, high reps leg press, and standing calf press.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
It's probably going to be a solid 30-45 minutes of deads, I like to incorporate a little quads even with hamstrings so some leg extensions superset with body weight calf raises, seated leg curls, lying leg curls, high reps leg press, and standing calf press.
Sounds like a good workout on deck! whats the rep range for deads looking like?

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Sounds like a good workout on deck! whats the rep range for deads looking like?
Oh yes, I'm going to be crawling out of the gym. Lately I've been doing 5-6 sets of 8 reps after 2 warmup sets, with my 8th rep usually being a pretty big struggle to complete on the last couple sets.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Oh yes, I'm going to be crawling out of the gym. Lately I've been doing 5-6 sets of 8 reps after 2 warmup sets, with my 8th rep usually being a pretty big struggle to complete on the last couple sets.
What if you tried this set up today

6 total sets
Sets 1 thru 3: 8-12 reps
Sets 3 thru 5: 6-8 reps
Set 6: AMRAP shooting for 20+ reps

You can hate me later ;) AMRAP sets have helped me add a ton of size and overcome many sticking points

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
What if you tried this set up today

6 total sets
Sets 1 thru 3: 8-12 reps
Sets 3 thru 5: 6-8 reps
Set 6: AMRAP shooting for 20+ reps

You can hate me later ;) AMRAP sets have helped me add a ton of size and overcome many sticking points
You know what, I think i will try that! Haven't done high rep deadlifts in a couple months, I think I can already feel the soreness coming on...
I will deliver my experience to this thread!

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
You know what, I think i will try that! Haven't done high rep deadlifts in a couple months, I think I can already feel the soreness coming on...
I will deliver my experience to this thread!
Definitely let me know how it goes man! Doing heavier sets first will adapt your CNS better so you should get a higher load on the high rep set than if you would start off with a high rep set...CRUSH IT DUDE!

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Definitely let me know how it goes man! Doing heavier sets first will adapt your CNS better so you should get a higher load on the high rep set than if you would start off with a high rep set...CRUSH IT DUDE!
Hell yeah, you too bro!!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Out of town for a conference for a couple days + training at night so I missed a few days.

Hit delts, traps, and arms yesterday.

Had a live fire training this morning hauling my airpack around all morning and then went straight to church to play basketball.

6 miles, 3500 kcal already logged on the fitbit today.

And a 9 pound swing on the scale in the past 36 hours LOL

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Out of town for a conference for a couple days + training at night so I missed a few days.

Hit delts, traps, and arms yesterday.

Had a live fire training this morning hauling my airpack around all morning and then went straight to church to play basketball.

6 miles, 3500 kcal already logged on the fitbit today.

And a 9 pound swing on the scale in the past 36 hours LOL
Confirmed!!!

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Getting home from my hamstring workout. I live on the fourth floor of an apartment building with no elevator....
I tried your rep/set scheme for deadlift BeastFitness and while I don't know you at all, I freaking hate you dude!!! Lol the beginning of my workout went as so:
Deadlift (sets x weight(pounds) x reps)
Warmup sets 1x135x10, 1x225x5
Then, 3x315x10
2x345x8, 1x355x6
AMRAP 1x185x26
I collapsed on the floor after that last set and laid there for about 2 minutes before moving on to my next exercise!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Getting home from my hamstring workout. I live on the fourth floor of an apartment building with no elevator....
I tried your rep/set scheme for deadlift BeastFitness and while I don't know you at all, I freaking hate you dude!!! Lol the beginning of my workout went as so:
Then, 3x315x10
2x345x8, 1x355x6
AMRAP 1x185x26
I collapsed on the floor after that last set and laid there for about 2 minutes before moving on to my next exercise!
Confirmed!

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Then, 3x315x10
2x345x8, 1x355x6
AMRAP 1x185x26
HAHA!!! YES!!! Way to kill that workout man! Do the same workout next week but add 5 lbs to every working set for the max number of reps per set given the rep range…overtime that back and hamstring will be FORCED to grow ;)

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Legs!
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1443436945.773387.jpg

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You guys are up and at 'em already this morning....l just finished push day #1 before the sun is even up as well! :)
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1443437541.362200.jpg

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
LOVE the early AM crew! Hit up my deadlift session at 1AM…not a soul in sight. Just me and my insanity :)

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOVE the early AM crew! Hit up my deadlift session at 1AM…not a soul in sight. Just me and my insanity :)
Confirmed!
If you're not early, you're late! Plus it's nice to have a nice quiet gym to tear up