Nutriverse has been hijacked!!!

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you put your CC info in an email to a 3rd party you are risking your CC provider saying "sorry, you dun goofed so no refund".

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I know of at least one way to securely email confidential information on the fly but you need a Mac at both ends, or the ability to mount an encrypted disk image. I can create a 256 bit encrypted disk image with FIPS 181 compliance on the fly. Nobody is gaining access to one with 31 characters.

Now, how do you transmit the password? You don't.
Using steganography you embed the encoded image on a web page to be used repeatedly when the next disk image needs to be opened.

:afro:

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
My man, when you e-mail, you are risking compromise from more then the recipient.
Don't ever email confidential information of any kind.

Here's why:

There are numerous places email data can be compromised and worst of all, once it’s been sent it can never be removed and you will have no idea how long that information will be “hanging” around.

The device of the sender and receiver.

Emails sitting on a sender and receiver's device are easily accessed by anyone. If someone can sit at your computer, grab your phone, or swipe through your tablet, odds are your email is sitting right there for them to read. Even locked screens and passwords are regularly breached, particularly if these are known to others. Consider partners, wives, children. Your wife needs to check your phone for a contact number, if you have email on your phone and she can unlock it then you have already breached your patient’s privacy.

Your email data is stored in 'files' on your device and there are programs that can access and read those files, these programs can even read and display attachments. Rifling through email is the most common process of Malware.

Networks the email is sent through

The networks are a little more complicated and much more open to access from numerous locations. In a scenario where your email is hosted external to your organisation and you email a contact external to your organisation, the email is sent over the internet using a minimum of three links or connections.

Yours and your recipient’s connection to the email provider. These being the Internet service provider (ISP) or hosted email service like Gmail, MS Office365.

The next locations are the network connections between your email provider and the recipient’s provider.

If you’re sending email to someone on the same service for example Gmail there is at least the first two potential network vulnerabilities where the connection the email is sent over could be compromised. If your recipient’s email is elsewhere for example a company hosted mail server then you have at least one more vulnerability of the connection between Gmail and your recipient’s email server.

When sending an email across the Internet generally each person has a different Internet service and mail server and each of those connections involves a series of routers and switches most likely owned and operated by different organisations. The email will travel through multiple locations before it reaches the recipient. If one connection is secure, there’s no guarantee any other connection in the sequence is secure.

The Servers where the email is stored and forwarded

Each email service provider has their own Servers where they physically store your email. If someone cracks or guesses your email password, they have the ability to login to your email provider webmail directly and read any email stored there. However that’s not the only risk. Most email services store your messages as plain text. So any attacker who can access those servers can easily access all the stored email and attachments.

Edit:
The only way I would buy from them at this point is calling their 1-800-Number or known direct line, and verbally tell them my CC information.

I'm hoping a representative from Nutri-verse will come in here and address the OP, and other posters concerns.
I understand, ty and I do not do this with anyone else. Like i said, I trust the nutriverse guys and I have not had any problems.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Its got nothing to do with the trustworthiness of nutriverse, and everything to do with breaking terms of service/use with your CC co, important if your card gets compromised.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I understand, ty and I do not do this with anyone else. Like i said, I trust the nutriverse guys and I have not had any problems.
It's not the guys at Nutriverse you have to trust it is the hackers. I imagine none of this was done by an employee, but hackers.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I like their communication regarding this...

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Its got nothing to do with the trustworthiness of nutriverse, and everything to do with breaking terms of service/use with your CC co, important if your card gets compromised.
I understand. Like I said, I have been using them for years and twice via email since their site has been down and have never had a problem. I am not speculating or condoning giving them or anyone else a card number via email. ty for your comment.

Reactions: Nac
IconicForm

IconicForm

Board Sponsor
Awards
if I'm not mistaken, nutriverse was built on bigcommerce...big commerce is supposed to be PCI compliant. Any order taken through the web site should be secure. Nutriverse servers don't maintain any data, as it's hosted all via bigcommerce, and all the payment processing is done privately...NV never sees that data, just whether or not the payment came through, along with authorization data.

https://support.bigcommerce.com/articles/Public/PCI-Compliance

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I visited Internet Archives because it's been so long since I have actually seen Nutri-Verse's web site.

Have a look at these images I snapped from my trip. (Note the date which through me because I twas actually June 2017 I was viewing). It looks pretty good to me. I'm not sure what happened, but hope they get up and running very soon.

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 6.33.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 6.36.47 PM.png

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
justhere4comm sorry I missed this dude, thanks for tagging me

Nutriverse isn't stealing anyones CC info. Who hasn't had their CC info stolen at some point. We order things on various networks in various locales at differing websites... has occured to me twice, 6 or 7 years apart. One was a spree of online gaming chit and the other (I chit u not) were primo seats at Celine Dion in Vegas. In fact I recently learned someone in Pakistan had been logging into my Netflix accout for the past year or so... very weird.

Sucks this happens to seemingly all of us at one point or another but it's sadly a fact of life in this day and age as ALL our banking info and vital info is somewhere on network computers somewhere or entered into Web pages at times. Paypal, online baking, amazon, ebay, website A, B, C, credit cards, gas pumps, atms, smart phones, etc etc etc

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Nutriverse isn't stealing anyones CC info. Who hasn't had their CC info stolen at some point. We order things on various networks in various locales at differing websites... has occured to me twice, 6 or 7 years apart. One was a spree of online gaming chit and the other (I chit u not) were primo seats at Celine Dion in Vegas. In fact I recently learned someone in Pakistan had been logging into my Netflix accout for the past year or so... very weird.

Sucks this happens to seemingly all of us at one point or another but it's sadly a fact of life in this day and age as ALL our banking info and vital info is somewhere on network computers somewhere or entered into Web pages at times. Paypal, online baking, amazon, ebay, website A, B, C, credit cards, gas pumps, atms, smart phones, etc etc etc
What is the ETA on it coming back up

bigsmall

Banned
Awards

I have ordered at least each couple of months from nutriverse forever and twice via email since the site has been down - and never have I had a problem. Without knowledge about what caused the site to come down and what is going on - people will speculate and that never seems to go down the right road. I think it would be beneficial to nutri verse to keep the AM public informed.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have ordered at least each couple of months from nutriverse forever and twice via email since the site has been down - and never have I had a problem. Without knowledge about what caused the site to come down and what is going on - people will speculate and that never seems to go down the right road. I think it would be beneficial to nutri verse to keep the AM public informed.
I wholly agree

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My concern is more with nutriverse not addressing this directly when the issue arose in the first place. There’s no way they didn’t know yet...where’s the email warning customers? Where’s the thread directly addressing the matter? Why am I finding out about this through a random thread some guy made because he put 2 and 2 together? It shows a lack of concern for the interest of the customers. Were they hoping no one would figure this out?

_Nutriverse

_Nutriverse

Board Sponsor
Awards
This thread has just come to our attention. Since we are not sponsoring here at the moment we haven’t been browsing too actively.

We’ll be relaunching under a different organizational name soon enough and left some info on our website as to why. We ran into processing issues because of the product types we sold on the website and were unfortunately made an example out of. Many other websites will end up in the same predicament as well in due time . There is no second chances with processors they find one product they don’t like and cut service to you. They then make it virtually impossible for you to find a different processor since they all share a database to scan applicants through

We have to redevelop the website and greatly limit the product type we offer to the likes of your big letter stores for future sustainability and can no longer sell the more off reach product types.

Fortunately this does not effect your favorites brands like OL, BLR, and SNS from being sold

There have been huge banking breaches (namely Wells Fargo) but to breach a PCI compliant and secure website like ours is impossible. Even though we’re not processing at the moment at Nutriverse we still hold a pci compliance certificate which rids the website of any invulnerabilities and our shopping cart itself holds compliance against pci standards as well.

Some of you are mentioning fraud very recently we haven’t processed on the website since the end of October and it is impossible for anyone to have made a breach since the a-z of our operations are encrypted, secure, and completely safe.

We have been in operations for 5 Years now. The law has changed and processors have become more alert and less risk taking. In order to exist we need to exist under a new banner and take less risks in the product types we sell.

We are focusing on relaunching very soon and will be offering the same great deals that you came to enjoy

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This thread has just come to our attention. Since we are not sponsoring here at the moment we haven’t been browsing too actively.

We’ll be relaunching under a different organizational name soon enough and left some info on our website as to why. We ran into processing issues because of the product types we sold on the website and were unfortunately made an example out of. Many other websites will end up in the same predicament as well in due time . There is no second chances with processors they find one product they don’t like and cut service to you. They then make it virtually impossible for you to find a different processor since they all share a database to scan applicants through

We have to redevelop the website and greatly limit the product type we offer to the likes of your big letter stores for future sustainability and can no longer sell the more off reach product types.

Fortunately this does not effect your favorites brands like OL, BLR, and SNS from being sold

There have been huge banking breaches (namely Wells Fargo) but to breach a PCI compliant and secure website like ours is impossible. Even though we’re not processing at the moment at Nutriverse we still hold a pci compliance certificate which rids the website of any invulnerabilities and our shopping cart itself holds compliance against pci standards as well.

Some of you are mentioning fraud very recently we haven’t processed on the website since the end of October and it is impossible for anyone to have made a breach since the a-z of our operations are encrypted, secure, and completely safe.

We have been in operations for 5 Years now. The law has changed and processors have become more alert and less risk taking. In order to exist we need to exist under a new banner and take less risks in the product types we sell.

We are focusing on relaunching very soon and will be offering the same great deals that you came to enjoy
Will you still sold HIGH TECH product, particularly the Andro?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

Definitely makes sense, and that explains why the CC function was never rectified.

Definitely don't see Nutriverse as intentionally skimming customers and a lot of people have the internet security of a sieve which is why CC details can be readily stolen.

Just so people know, you can use this site: https://haveibeenpwned.com/ to determine if any email addresses you use have been breached and, if so, what data has been stolen from any given site where that data was compromised.

CDale

CDale

Awards

So what are these problem products?

thatsuppguy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So what are these problem products?
anything the company used for processing deems illegal or banned. they have a list, but 99% of the time dont tell the people that own the website. DMAA products, sarms, anabolics and even stuff that shares a name with old products like Novedex can be flagged. Once its flagged, they take away your ability to process CC. With Hi Tech in the news and using names of old products, a lot of their stuff would be flagged as well. I have seen it happen to several sites as well as Nutriverse. You are really screwed if you have Paypal for CC and get flagged. They not only ban you for life, they hold whatever funds you have for 6 months to a year.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
anything the company used for processing deems illegal or banned. they have a list, but 99% of the time dont tell the people that own the website. DMAA products, sarms, anabolics and even stuff that shares a name with old products like Novedex can be flagged. Once its flagged, they take away your ability to process CC. With Hi Tech in the news and using names of old products, a lot of their stuff would be flagged as well. I have seen it happen to several sites as well as Nutriverse. You are really screwed if you have Paypal for CC and get flagged. They not only ban you for life, they hold whatever funds you have for 6 months to a year.
The list of items is getting bigger and many companies are having the same issues. Just crazy how that all works.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
My concern is more with nutriverse not addressing this directly when the issue arose in the first place. There’s no way they didn’t know yet...where’s the email warning customers? Where’s the thread directly addressing the matter? Why am I finding out about this through a random thread some guy made because he put 2 and 2 together? It shows a lack of concern for the interest of the customers. Were they hoping no one would figure this out?
Their is no matter to address bud....

thatsuppguy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The list of items is getting bigger and many companies are having the same issues. Just crazy how that all works.
I know, its just nuts. they can have a list, not tell you the list, then ban you while keeping your money. Seems like Amazon is the only one not having problems..... coincidence????

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have also ran across this with a few nootropic sites I use in the last 3-4 months. Seems like since raids take time/money etc this is the next best way to combat these types of products.

Also on a separate note, the mob mentality around here is quite fierce, look at how quick this has escalated.

thatsuppguy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have also ran across this with a few nootropic sites I use in the last 3-4 months. Seems like since raids take time/money etc this is the next best way to combat these types of products.

Also on a separate note, the mob mentality around here is quite fierce, look at how quick this has escalated.
This is only going to get worse. This is seen as a "legal" way to get rid of sites/ sellers that most of the time cant afford to open another site/ store. Its very sad that it has come to this. Just seems to me they are pushing us where they want us to buy our supps.

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Get a loadable card...solves every single fraud issue. Whatever you want to pay just put on the card. So easy.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I know, its just nuts. they can have a list, not tell you the list, then ban you while keeping your money. Seems like Amazon is the only one not having problems..... coincidence????
I'm sure with the size of amazon, they own the processing company.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
This is only going to get worse. This is seen as a "legal" way to get rid of sites/ sellers that most of the time cant afford to open another site/ store. Its very sad that it has come to this. Just seems to me they are pushing us where they want us to buy our supps.
CC companies and other processing agents are very open about what you can and cannot sell if you wish to utilize their services. You just have to read the terms of the agreement.

Nice conspiracy though

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My only concern was for those people sending their CC information through email. That's not a good idea as you will never get reimbursed and it's not secure in any way.

Other issues can be taken care of by the banks' fraud department and reimbursed if there was an occurrence.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It sure is. Amazon Pay is run by Amazon lol.
amazon is much bigger than standard oil was when antiquated anti-monopoly laws were passed.....it's time!!!!

thatsuppguy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
CC companies and other processing agents are very open about what you can and cannot sell if you wish to utilize their services. You just have to read the terms of the agreement.

Nice conspiracy though
Not here to argue. I have seen this happen to several sites, including to the guy that bought mine. They dont specify what products you cant sell, just general terms. They then come back later and say, oh that is on the banned list. Ask to see the list and they dont have an actual list.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Not here to argue. I have seen this happen to several sites, including to the guy that bought mine. They dont specify what products you cant sell, just general terms. They then come back later and say, oh that is on the banned list. Ask to see the list and they dont have an actual list.
FWIW I always like Nutriverse and their offerings, but do you really think a list of things would actually exist? Lists are limiting as new compounds are always being created. General terms exist to ensure the seller seeks compliance first and not the other way around. Lists place the onus on the merchant to disallow things, however the onus is actually on the seller.

thatsuppguy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Of course there isn't a 'list' of things you cannot sell; do you think they just have a list of 1,000,000,000 separate items that they do not wish to be associated with?

Let's say a store sells fuses, pressure cookers, and a variety of other objects that are obviously sold for the purpose of making bombs, but that each item is legal in isolation, do you think a list would work in closing down affiliation with that company? Does Visa/ Mastercard want to be associated with a bomb making website and risk their brand image because pressure cookers aren't on the list?

It is up to the seller to ensure products are compliant.
however you want to see it is fine by me. I could care less, I am out of the business now and am very glad I am. So feel free to go be angry and try to argue with someone else. you are right man, you are right. there, you feel better now?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
however you want to see it is fine by me. I could care less, I am out of the business now and am very glad I am. So feel free to go be angry and try to argue with someone else. you are right man, you are right. there, you feel better now?
Ok man, if you don't like discussion perhaps don't post on a forum ;)

But let's be real, it does suck at Nutriverse was just point blank shut out. The same thing happened to BB back in the day with the raids and what not. It's the supplement industry and people are always out to bring it down. NV get this and they are coming back lessons learned and won't give any excuse for it to be repeated

thatsuppguy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok man, if you don't like discussion perhaps don't post on a forum ;)
I dont mind a discussion at all. its pointless to argue with someone who knows it all. everything I said is from my own experience of having a website that sold supplements. Hell, I sold the brand you rep for. You have your opinion and I have mine. I am cool with that.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
I dont mind a discussion at all. its pointless to argue with someone who knows it all. everything I said is from my own experience of having a website that sold supplements. Hell, I sold the brand you rep for. You have your opinion and I have mine. I am cool with that.
I bought from you - was wondering what happened. sorry you ****ed over bro....

thatsuppguy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I bought from you - was wondering what happened. sorry you ****ed over bro....
It got to be too much time for me so I sold it. the guy that bought the site is no longer in business for the exact reasons I stated above. the company he used for processing did the same crap that happened to Nutriverse. He had Novedex XT listed from Gaspari and they told him he listed steroids so they shut him down. then he couldnt get another CC processing company lined up so he gave up. I tried to help him with the CC company after I had sold it since I used the same one. Just stated my experience above. I hate the way things have changed in the industry. we all love our supps and need a good place to get them!!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Yep, I agree. They just win every time.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I find it amazing that otherwise intelligent people would use their bank credit card to buy online purchases, amazing!!!!

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I find it amazing that otherwise intelligent people would use their bank credit card to buy online purchases, amazing!!!!
Have you ever heard of Amazon? You think that people buying online is a small thing? I do it and I don t consider myself stupid. ;)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Have you ever heard of Amazon? You think that people buying online is a small thing? I do it and I don t consider myself stupid. ;)
if you use your bank credit card to buy online then yes....go to Walmart, get a FREE bluebird debit card with FREE loading, and just put on the card the amount you are going to spend.

everyday I hear about more places getting hacked, and yet people keep doing the same thing expecting different results.....I see dumbasses in speedway using CC to buy a pack of gum, this is retarded, imo.

now Kroger is using digital coupons-gotta give email to get them-why do you think they want email?

people need to think....just sayin

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If Equifax can be compromised, then I should think anyone can be. 143 million people.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Funny how this thread went - nutri-verse was never hi-jacked in anyway or did anyone get their card compromised as a result of using nutri-verse. Most people that see the title only or read on the first few comments - will think the worst of nutri-verse. Sad how that goes - so many years of hard work and dedication to AM folks and beyond gets tainted by someones misled comments. Time for this thread to die off.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It does not take that long to change CC processors. I set upan acct with one from scratch in about 2 weeks. Nutriverse is obviously wanting out of the retail business cause they could have fixed before. Now them asking customers to email orders was very stupid on their part as its easy to hack an email SMH.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Funny how this thread went - nutri-verse was never hi-jacked in anyway or did anyone get their card compromised as a result of using nutri-verse. Most people that see the title only or read on the first few comments - will think the worst of nutri-verse. Sad how that goes - so many years of hard work and dedication to AM folks and beyond gets tainted by someones misled comments. Time for this thread to die off.
My man, do you work for them? You seem to be getting kind of emotional.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I mean look at the amount of people who have come forward saying there account was compromised in or around the time they made their purchase at NV. Then they have their website shutdown and starting a whole new website?.... Seems like way too much to be a coincidence for me.

And I don't get the "this happens all the time to people argument". I can recall maybe 1 or 2 people who have mentioned anything remotely similar to their accounts being compromised. Maybe I've just been lucky.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Nice conspiracy though
Actually they are not. Most supplements outside of generic vitamin C etc are put under the category “quasi-pharmaceutical” in the last 6 months or so there has been a huge crack down on a lot of retail fronts. That term covers any product which makes a claim and isn’t fda approved.