NutraPlanet & SmartPowders.......SAME?

KtchnChmst

Awards
  • Established
Why does the newly designed nutraplent website look exactly like the newly designed smart powders wesbite?
Why are they both offering the same exact Chocolate/PeanutButter Whey protein under their own labels at the same exact "sale" price?
Why do they both have the same MuscleMilk protein bar ad on their front sale page?

Anyway.....thoughts on the 10lb/$60 bag of Chocolate/PeanutButter Whey protein?? I know most of the time people would jump all over that question and demand that you "STAY AWAY"....."YOU GET WHAT U PAY FOR"...."YOU CANT PRODUCE WHEY FOR THAT CHEAP"....but I also know the "love" people have here for nutraplanet, so I figured the opinions would instantly be more "interesting".........?

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
from my knowledge smart powders bought nutraplanet. that's why. someone can clarify that for me however. the quality of the protein is fairly high, no fillers, no amino spiking as ive been told by a rep. id wait til the 4th of july for a better sale though.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yup. Same ****ty website and shipping prices as Smart Powders.

Huge downgrade.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No bulk Na-R-ALA or Yellow Gold/Berberine = no good :(

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep... nutra was my place to go with cheap shipping to Sweden.. now its double : \
NP is going thru some changes. In the past two weeks they have done what takes others sites 2 months to accomplish. I'm sure they are still doing a ton of work on the back end that customers don't see. Give them some time to get stuff tweaked ;)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
NP is going thru some changes. In the past two weeks they have done what takes others sites 2 months to accomplish. I'm sure they are still doing a ton of work on the back end that customers don't see. Give them some time to get stuff tweaked ;)
Databasing is a ****, especially when you change platforms completely . Makes the initial code almost redundant

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Databasing is a ****, especially when you change platforms completely . Makes the initial code almost redundant
So...no more flying monkey tears ? :(

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I personally preferred the old version of both SP and NP. I can't stand the new one, yet. But i resist all change lol.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
The protein is old label Scivation whey. They changed looks, this is previous label. Sam runs nutraplanet. Everything is being ran out of nc now. To make all the logistics work, sites need integration on back end. The site will change a lot in the next month, but we had to get something up on running. Things are far from perfect but they are functional. Understand new Raws take 12 weeks to add, it's not like buying a new 3rd party item. It will take till end of year to get all the bulks we want in stock. Something wasn't there 2 weeks ago, just because it moved won't make it appear lol.

A lot of things are being done. It costs 30 bucks to make a compliant 5lb protein these days. Good luck finding a non amino spiked protein anywhere near that price unless it's expired. Always welcome constructive feedback. 8 buck international shipping is back. Saying "it sucks" is not constructive and tells us nothing. Hang in there.

Reactions: mw1
BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry for the curt response. As I said I always resist change. I have enjoyed SP bulk ingredients and even with fairly priced shipping I always received great deals. Really the shipping is only an issue when you jump up to a teir, say one 5 lb whey and then do not add anything else. I was able to add two 5 lbs whey, 1 amp 2 ursolic(free) and a noopept and it would ship priority for about 120. Not bad and adding the second 5lb whey only jumped shipping by $1.00. My only complaint is the top menu following you as you scroll down. I feel like with a smaller screen, chromebook, it does not allow enough space for the actual products. I dislike the top menu following me on any site I am on, this is just a personal preference. IMO I would prefer more of the screen have the actual product listings. Overall I understand this is going to be for the better and to be honest I usually split my business between the SP and NP anyways so overall I look forward to future orders.

Sorry again for being curt I have been a grouch today.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
On a positive note I LOVE the fact that every time I click on something and new screen loads I am not prompted to sign up for a news letter. That gets old lol.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The protein is old label Scivation whey. They changed looks, this is previous label. Sam runs nutraplanet. Everything is being ran out of nc now. To make all the logistics work, sites need integration on back end. The site will change a lot in the next month, but we had to get something up on running. Things are far from perfect but they are functional. Understand new Raws take 12 weeks to add, it's not like buying a new 3rd party item. It will take till end of year to get all the bulks we want in stock. Something wasn't there 2 weeks ago, just because it moved won't make it appear lol.

A lot of things are being done. It costs 30 bucks to make a compliant 5lb protein these days. Good luck finding a non amino spiked protein anywhere near that price unless it's expired. Always welcome constructive feedback. 8 buck international shipping is back. Saying "it sucks" is not constructive and tells us nothing. Hang in there.
That will make a lot of people happy!!!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Maybe I've missed it but is the protein certified or any proof of its contents?

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
There are various lab reports posted on other boards for Scivation whey. It has also been a part of the various redidit tests. It's almost a mute point now as it looks like it will be sold out by monday.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
There are various lab reports posted on other boards for Scivation whey. It has also been a part of the various redidit tests. It's almost a mute point now as it looks like it will be sold out by monday.
this years 4th sale was disappointing compared to previous years...nutra has always run the best sales until now!!!

what happened to the rebate deals?

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
This deal came together at the very last minute. This merger was not planned over 6 months. There was a conversation, Sam and I have known each other a very long time. Within 3 weeks of that conversation a full move was done. There are a lot of moving pieces to make all of this happen. There is no possible way to get everything done in that time frame. To be honest, I was shocked we had a functioning website at all given the timelines.

If you noticed, no sites had amazing sales this year. Companies are realizing they can't do what they've done in the past. You've had 3 major supplement companies go bankrupt the past 12 months. Half a dozen mail order sites, one doing over 30m a year. In this race to the bottom, everyone started losing money. Unless sites are able to buy expired/expiring product or old label (such as scivation whey) the day of mega deals is just gone.

We can only do what companies allow us to do. With 8-12 weeks to plan, we hope we can get some really good items. We need guidance on what you guys want or expect. For all of you saying the sale "sucked", what did you expect to see? Give us something specific otherwise we can only guess. Fat burners and pre workouts for under 10 bucks, boxes of bars for 2 bucks, single bulk powders for 2 bucks. We thought this was decent given our limited time frame to put something together.

Give us constructive feedback and we will do what we can!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This deal came together at the very last minute. This merger was not planned over 6 months. There was a conversation, Sam and I have known each other a very long time. Within 3 weeks of that conversation a full move was done. There are a lot of moving pieces to make all of this happen. There is no possible way to get everything done in that time frame. To be honest, I was shocked we had a functioning website at all given the timelines.

If you noticed, no sites had amazing sales this year. Companies are realizing they can't do what they've done in the past. You've had 3 major supplement companies go bankrupt the past 12 months. Half a dozen mail order sites, one doing over 30m a year. In this race to the bottom, everyone started losing money. Unless sites are able to buy expired/expiring product or old label (such as scivation whey) the day of mega deals is just gone.

We can only do what companies allow us to do. With 8-12 weeks to plan, we hope we can get some really good items. We need guidance on what you guys want or expect. For all of you saying the sale "sucked", what did you expect to see? Give us something specific otherwise we can only guess. Fat burners and pre workouts for under 10 bucks, boxes of bars for 2 bucks, single bulk powders for 2 bucks. We thought this was decent given our limited time frame to put something together.

here is the deal, mike...i was a loyal customer of bulk nutrition [1 fast 400] before you sold it and new owners made a mess of things, since then i have been a loyal customer of nutraplanet.

i just want the best you can give us and i am willing to be patient to see what time will bring because i know you are capable of good things!!!

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
here is the deal, mike...i was a loyal customer of bulk nutrition [1 fast 400] before you sold it and new owners made a mess of things, since then i have been a loyal customer of nutraplanet.

i just want the best you can give us and i am willing to be patient to see what time will bring because i know you are capable of good things!!!
Exactly the same here.

ironranger

ironranger

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Been a loyal customer for NP, and think the merger with SP will be great.

What I would like to see is new and innovative products, powders and herbs, like Spilanthese Acmella ,
Tianeptine powder and bring back 1 -carboxy.

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
Bulk epicatechin and epiandro, that is..... :D

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
We will make a thread in August about new bulk items to add. At this point we're still working on cosmetics and shipping! Thanks for the feedback

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The best deals you can deliver and still stay afloat that is what I would like. Bulk powders are great and I understand the time to introduce such. I think we would all be far more disappointed if NP/SP were to go under.

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
I havent been around the forums or new supps lately(been trying to get through my already large stash of things and only order necessities and this site is really bad about making me spend money) and been trying to spend time with my girl before she left for basic training in the army. And I come back, and nutra is sold? I always liked smartpowders so Im glad nutra managed to be with another good company I support. I look forward to whats to come in the future as nutra has never done me wrong before. Keep at it guys! And I cant wait to see the new bulk powders!

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
from my knowledge smart powders bought nutraplanet. that's why. someone can clarify that for me however. the quality of the protein is fairly high, no fillers, no amino spiking as ive been told by a rep. id wait til the 4th of july for a better sale though.
I know this is an old post but come on, Of course a rep is going to tell you no amino spiking.