Not seeing any results

burrisitcold

Awards
Right now I am stacking the following:

Wake up to an Animal Pak, a 1 a day Fish Oil, 2 Beta Alanines @ 800mg a piece, and 1 1000mg Milk Thistle with breakfast.

Then before workout I take Jack3d.

After completion of a 1h15m workout( Bench, Clean 1 day, Dead Lift and Squat another, Cardio another, Agility Workout, and a Lightweight Full Body Workout over 5 days) I take Dark Matter.

Then after school I work out for 1h on a specific body part. Ex. Bi and Tri. changes over 5 days.

Before bed I take another 2 Beta Alanines, a b12 and 1 Milk Thistle along with a Muscle Milk with Glutamine Powder.

On weekends I usually rest and take only Animal Pak, my Fish Oil, Milk Thistle, B12, and Muscle Milk/Glutamine Shake.

Any suggestions to add to this regimine. Im not looking to go on a hardcore PH but would something like Battle Fuel.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Hey bro. Welcome to the board.

I see some key MAJOR issues with your current regimen. The BIGGEST problem you got right now...... you didn't even mention your diet. Diet, diet, diet - I can not stress enough that your DIET has the biggest impact on your results.

Your second biggest problem is your routine. Your routine is:
Day 1 - Bench, Clean (What is Clean?)
Day 2 - Deadlift and squat
Day 3 - Cardio
Day 4 - Agility Workout (I don't know what this consists of?)
Day 5 - Lightweight Full Body
Day 6- Off
Day 7- Off

plus you work a specific body part, "Ex. Bi and Tri.".

I would not recommend working Bi and Tri together first off. I would rather see you doing something like this:

Day 1 - Shoulders and Traps
Day 2 - Chest and Tris
Day 3 - Abs and cardio
Day 4 - Biceps and Lats
Day 5 - Legs and lower back
Day 6 - Off
Repeat

Fish Oil, a Multivitamin, AAs, protein and creatine are all good. I recommend sticking to these and getting your diet and training right before stacking anything else. You can take all the supps in the world but until you pay more attention to diet and get your training right they wont do shiznet for you.

burrisitcold

Awards
Power Clean Its an Olympic Lift included in the BFS Training. And yea I will start working the muscle groups differently. Also is the rest period I mentioned enough? Some people are saying that two days isnt enough and that I should rest more. I just havent added the diet yet but I will ASAP.

TxHomeGrown

Awards
Right now I am stacking the following:

Wake up to an Animal Pak, a 1 a day Fish Oil, 2 Beta Alanines @ 800mg a piece, and 1 1000mg Milk Thistle with breakfast.

Then before workout I take Jack3d.

After completion of a 1h15m workout( Bench, Clean 1 day, Dead Lift and Squat another, Cardio another, Agility Workout, and a Lightweight Full Body Workout over 5 days) I take Dark Matter.

Then after school I work out for 1h on a specific body part. Ex. Bi and Tri. changes over 5 days.

Before bed I take another 2 Beta Alanines, a b12 and 1 Milk Thistle along with a Muscle Milk with Glutamine Powder.

On weekends I usually rest and take only Animal Pak, my Fish Oil, Milk Thistle, B12, and Muscle Milk/Glutamine Shake.

Any suggestions to add to this regimine. Im not looking to go on a hardcore PH but would something like Battle Fuel.
Is this turning into BB.com? You need to read some more man. None of the **** you're taking are going to make a noticeable difference except for maybe Dark Matter in recovery, they're all a bunch of vitamins and health supplements. Stop expecting so much. Eat more, drink more protein, and stop overtraining. Stick to the basics and stop worrying about the timing of your damn vitamins.

Kookahdoo

Kookahdoo

Awards
  • Established
You're over training buddy. Your body needs to rest and recover in order to maintain gains.

First of all, what are your goals?

Looks to me like you are on a cut. Whatever your goals are, your diet will determine your success. Give us a sample of what you eat on a daily basis and we can go from there.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
lets just make a list.

1. your overtraining..
2. You do a fullbody workout after ur bench,clean,squat or dead day??
3. Stop working Bicep or Triceps an hour a day.. thats crazy and dumb.
4. im sure the animal homers are gonna go crazy but you dont need to spend 50 bucks on animal pak which is just a vitamin go get 1 a day from walmart. Look at the ingredients in your shakes and daily diets and adding a 1day or something will be good enough..
5. Dont worry about vitamins and focus on food and ur #s

bigjeff200

Awards
:( animal pak is like 20 bucks for 44 days worth....

burrisitcold

Awards
Yesterday I had around 2875 calories and took in around 70g of protein and 24g of fat, barely any of which was trans with everything I ate and drank. Do you need more than Calories and Protein and Fat. I can start keeping track whatever else I just need to know what I need to assess.

fidget324

Awards
Yesterday I had around 2875 calories and took in around 70g of protein and 24g of fat, barely any of which was trans with everything I ate and drank. Do you need more than Calories and Protein and Fat. I can start keeping track whatever else I just need to know what I need to assess.
If you weigh 235 like your profile says, then around 70g of protein for bulking is simply not enough. You should get at least .5g per pound bodyweight at least, with some experts recommending as much as 1g per pound bodyweight.

And yes, like many others have said, you are CLEARLY overtraining. Either do one or two muscle groups each day once per week, or do full-body 3x per week with 1 day rest in between.

Cycling creatine mono would also not be a bad idea.

TxHomeGrown

Awards
Jay Edit: Please take some of your own advice and read more and post less... You spent more time posting your reply than it would of took you to be helpful or just move to the next post.

Jurassic

Jurassic

Awards
Supplements wont make you gain. They can HELP the gains you are already making, but none of them will make a huge differences. Stick to Protein powders and Creatine Monohydrate for now. I started lifting at 16 and I'm now 17. I did a lot of research before hand and have learned a lot along the way.
Focus on a clean, diet and slow but constant progression in the major compound lifts. 5 lbs once or twice a week may not seem like much but it adds up.
I don't track calories or macro nutrients, but I shoot for about 25-30% fats, around 1.4g of protein per kg of bodyweight and the rest carbs.
If you are a hard gainer or need lots of calories, chocolate milk is your friend.
That's my quick advice for somebody your same age...

burrisitcold

Awards
Jay Edit: Please take some of your own advice and read more and post less... You spent more time posting your reply than it would of took you to be helpful or just move to the next post.
What does this mean? I never gave myself any advice about reading a bunch of other threads. I dont know how I could be helpful at this point and why would I move to the next post when im still getting replys on this thread about how to better my training.

musclehustler

musclehustler

Awards
At lease he is asking some questions and trying to educate himself, unlike allot of PUNI-VERSES at my gym. They work out for like 2 hours and probably go home and slam a couple egg whites!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
u need 4k cals a day to bulk, about 300g of carbs and a pound of protein per body weight. thats how you are going to gain, not supplements. if u wanna get a good natural stack, stack a test booster with prime. ppl rely on supplements too much. its allllll about diet man. u arent eating near enough to gain. u need almost double the cals and triple the protein. shoot, i get 70g of protein in one protein shake. i make 2 a day, i eat 8 eggs in the morning along with oatmeal and some fruits. thats only breakfast. i get more than a pound worth of protein (body weight) in my diet.

TxHomeGrown

Awards
So you're going to piss and moan because I told a member to educate himself? Yeah, that's worth a forum delete. Also it took you longer to edit my post than it would have been to ignore it.

burrisitcold

Awards
u need 4k cals a day to bulk, about 300g of carbs and a pound of protein per body weight. thats how you are going to gain, not supplements. if u wanna get a good natural stack, stack a test booster with prime. ppl rely on supplements too much. its allllll about diet man. u arent eating near enough to gain. u need almost double the cals and triple the protein. shoot, i get 70g of protein in one protein shake. i make 2 a day, i eat 8 eggs in the morning along with oatmeal and some fruits. thats only breakfast. i get more than a pound worth of protein (body weight) in my diet.
4000 calories and 300g of carbs will get me fat. Im really trying to get my body fat down. Any suggestions on the lowest calorie way to get 230g + of protein in my diet? Right now im drinking 3 shakes of Whey Protein @ 56g a piece. My diet doesnt get the other 30g done.

Jurassic

Jurassic

Awards
4000 calories and 300g of carbs will get me fat. Im really trying to get my body fat down. Any suggestions on the lowest calorie way to get 230g + of protein in my diet? Right now im drinking 3 shakes of Whey Protein @ 56g a piece. My diet doesnt get the other 30g done.
First off I honestly don't think you need 230g of protein. There is no evidence that taking in more than 1.4g per kg of bodyweight will benefit you in any way. I started taking in 250g of protein @ a bw of around 115lb's. I reduced this to around 150-200grams at a bodyweight of ~160 and noticed Zero difference in recovery and gains, I felt better if anything, less gass and it allows you to eat more whole grains and other foods.
Also, you're going to have some trouble losing BF while gaining muscle, the only way you can do a significant amount of either is to focus on losing Body fat OR gaining muscle. You can do both at the same time, especially as a beginning teenager, but you won't find results significant in either category.

The most important thing to focus on when trying to gain muscle is to eat enough calories, as a teen diet won't have as a huge effect as people say so long as you have the calories. I know kids who eat pizza and chocolate milk for lunch and have candy and soda for breakfast and snacks and still, lean, muscular star athletes. Focus on enough calories and enough protein, and slowly start to develop better eating habits for later in life when your Testosterone levels are not Over 9000.

For most teens all you need to do to lose fat is to include some high intensity cardio training on off days and or after workouts, while trying to eat more cleanly than you would if you were bulking. So avoiding simple sugars and focusing more on filling complex carbs such as breads etc. BCAA's also help negate the Catabolic effects of dieting.

Also a beginner 5x5 workout is a great way to up the compound lifts and add muscle, this is true for beginners and more advanced lifters. You can find one with a google search.

I'm afraid I can't offer you much advice on lifting workouts while dieting however, as i've never really had to diet to lose fat, just run more....
:AR15firing:

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First off I honestly don't think you need 230g of protein. There is no evidence that taking in more than 1.4g per kg of bodyweight will benefit you in any way. I started taking in 250g of protein @ a bw of around 115lb's. I reduced this to around 150-200grams at a bodyweight of ~160 and noticed Zero difference in recovery and gains, I felt better if anything, less gass and it allows you to eat more whole grains and other foods.

:AR15firing:
WEll his profile has him at 235lbs so you taking in 200 grams of protein at 160lbs is actually more protein per pound than him taking in 230 grams.

Jurassic

Jurassic

Awards
WEll his profile has him at 235lbs so you taking in 200 grams of protein at 160lbs is actually more protein per pound than him taking in 230 grams.
Yes thank you for this, I didn't look at his profile haha. So my mistake. ~230 grams would be suitable then.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
lets just make a list.

1. your overtraining..
2. You do a fullbody workout after ur bench,clean,squat or dead day??
3. Stop working Bicep or Triceps an hour a day.. thats crazy and dumb.
4. im sure the animal homers are gonna go crazy but you dont need to spend 50 bucks on animal pak which is just a vitamin go get 1 a day from walmart. Look at the ingredients in your shakes and daily diets and adding a 1day or something will be good enough..
5. Dont worry about vitamins and focus on food and ur #s
I used to believe in "overtraining" as well. Not any more. Why? Look at your bodybuilders of the 1970's/1980's..they trained everybody part 2-3 times a week. Another example, inmates..lift everyday for hours doing every body part, every day (they have time for it)...My buddy's a correction officer and he tells me these guys are beasts. How about swimmers? swim everday and have great shoulder size and definition. What ever works for an individual is key i guess. I started doing the same body parts 2 times a week..and i am noticing a change in muscle fullness and definition....just my 2 pennies.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Find a good training routine (there are plenty) and then learn everything you can about DIETING!!!!

Doesn't matter what supplements you're taking, if your diet sucks, you won't see results.

Use this forum to your advantage. Use the search feature. Most questions you could ask have probably already been answered dozens of times before.

Good luck!

burrisitcold

Awards
I think my workouts are okay I just need to change the muscle group combinations around a little, but I usually do a cycle of 3x3 one week then 5x5 two week then 10, 8, 6 3 week then a 5,4,3,2,1 4 week then restart so I get the low rep high weight stuff and the low weight high reps all throughout the month. I may do away with working out every day after school and only do 3 that way I am getting more rest. Is there anything I can do to reduce the intensity/length of the soreness I get. Glutamine was helping but now after a few months its lost its effectiveness.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
curious to why your taking the milk thistle? none of the other supplements you are taking will be putting any stress on your liver. save your money and spend it on food instead!

burrisitcold

Awards
its like 6 bucks a month and its good for me because liver problems run in my family ive been taking it since i was like 12

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definate overtraining.

Suggest a week off and looking into a quality load/de-loading undulating periodization pattern. To continue with that kind of volume and frequency...going to run you into the ground.

During that week off, take your waking heart rate. I think you'll find it coming down over those 7 days. A sure sign of your body finally getting the break it needs..

burrisitcold

Awards
K ill try but just to put it out there im a seventeen year old kid, my heart rate is like 70-80 every time I go to the doctors. I dont think it will go down much, but im resting anyway so I might as well try it.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
hey ive been gone for a few days, just checking back in. Soudns like you are getting good advice from everyone. Just to reiterate a bit,

1. It seems like you haven't decided if you are cutting (losing bf) or bulking (gaining muscle). Most can't do both simultaneously and I recommend for the novice bb-er you focus on one or the other. With the warmer months coming up, I recommend cutting now and bulking sept-march next year.

2. Once you define your goals you need to structure a diet. This is the number one key to success.

3. Whether you are over-training or not, most is not always better. If you've plateaued in your routine you need to make a change. There are tons of sample workouts on the web. I recommend trying a few to see what works for you.

4. Protein and creatine are fine. Stay away from other supps for another 4 years.

Good luck bro!

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
First off I honestly don't think you need 230g of protein. There is no evidence that taking in more than 1.4g per kg of bodyweight will benefit you in any way.
The rest of the post I agree with ... the above bit I don't. 230g of protein food = 150g / day whey, approx. 120g pure protein. You will have to have kidney function checked, otherwise personally I'm in the 'more protein is good' camp.

burrisitcold

Awards
Good point, but when my parents plan my meals its damn hard to get this much protein. Right now for protein im just using some cheap whey i got at the wally world. Any suggestions on the most protein dense stuff I can get(most protein in smallest serving).