NOOTROL FAQ!

primolift00

Awards
  • Established
It seems to me that Brundel has been downplaying any immediate/acute effects in favor of long term effects. The LT impact has been documented through testing. As far as I can tell, there have been no tests to document any acute effects.

But, I certainly am noticing an almost immediate improvement -- something I didn't get with another noot product.

I like that Brundel appears to exercise caution in the claims he's making -- not hyping it at all.
This! Just came to this old post to say, yes immediate pick me up. This will be a staple for me

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This! Just came to this old post to say, yes immediate pick me up. This will be a staple for me
Same here. Staple for me as well. Well I take 3 months on 1 off just to reset.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
I did 3 months on also and coming to the end of a month off - very clear difference!

yelis300

yelis300

Awards
  • Established
Just got me 4 bottles (two 2 bottle combos) for $105 shipped from Nutriverse! That's a nice deal! AM5 code plus 5% return customer discount!

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yah the acute effects are nice for most. I get a decent kick from it that gives me slight energy and a clear focus. I can also remember things from decades ago like it was yesterday. Which is new for sure. My memory is terrible lol.

bkprice

bkprice

Awards
  • Established
Love this stuff. Daughter took it for two weeks before and during college finals and told me to order her some. She said she felt it kick in on the second day regarding focus.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Love this stuff. Daughter took it for two weeks before and during college finals and told me to order her some. She said she felt it kick in on the second day regarding focus.
It sure is. Love this stuff. Glad she loves it.

Asteele08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just got me 4 bottles (two 2 bottle combos) for $105 shipped from Nutriverse! That's a nice deal! AM5 code plus 5% return customer discount!
That's awesome! I bought myself 1 bottle before I saw they had the 2 bottle combos on NV. Should be arriving today and will start first thing in the AM!

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been getting ALOT of strong feedback from the Nootrol. We sold out so fast I had to rush another batch.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Been getting ALOT of strong feedback from the Nootrol. We sold out so fast I had to rush another batch.
So there's more, right? I'll be miserable if I can't replenish soon.

primolift00

Awards
  • Established
Do you recommend cycling off nootrool for any period (e.g three months on 1 month off)?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you recommend cycling off nootrool for any period (e.g three months on 1 month off)?
brundel had said in the beginning that there was no reason to cycle Nootrol. I don't think that's changed yet.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yah I dont know of any reason to cycle off.
Lots of the things that are marketed as Nootropics raise acetylcholine. This is all well and good but over time, long term, abnormally high ACH will cause dopamine and serotonin to drop which will decrease brain function, motivation etc etc etc. Negative for sure. This is why people cycle Noots and this is why you frequently read about nasty side effects from some of them if not all of them.
Nootrol is different because we dont just focus on ACH. Instead we also address Dopamine and serotonin as well so you stay balanced. Lots of guys have been on it for 6 months straight and I have yet to get 1 report of negative effects.

Johnybgood

Johnybgood

Awards
Brundel is there an optimal time to take daily. Right now I am 4 days in and been taking first thing in the morning and again around dinner time.

Thanks

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yah I dont know of any reason to cycle off.
Lots of the things that are marketed as Nootropics raise acetylcholine. This is all well and good but over time, long term, abnormally high ACH will cause dopamine and serotonin to drop which will decrease brain function, motivation etc etc etc. Negative for sure. This is why people cycle Noots and this is why you frequently read about nasty side effects from some of them if not all of them.
Nootrol is different because we dont just focus on ACH. Instead we also address Dopamine and serotonin as well so you stay balanced. Lots of guys have been on it for 6 months straight and I have yet to get 1 report of negative effects.
I took a nootropic widely discussed here on AM for about 9 weeks straight, usually 6 days per week, and on weeks 8 and 9, I started to get headaches and feel foggy brained after it wore off in the afternoon.

I never got headaches like that in the past. I stopped taking the product and the headaches and foggy brain went away completely.

I am willing to try Nootrol, but I would advise cycling a nootropic, so as not to build a tolerance and also just give yourself a break.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Brundel is there an optimal time to take daily. Right now I am 4 days in and been taking first thing in the morning and again around dinner time.

Thanks
I think just twice a day is fine. I wouldnt suggest before bed as it can be slightly stimulating. 50mg caffeine per cap. Its a very low dose (most pre workout products have 300mg and higher plus additional stimulants.)

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I took a nootropic widely discussed here on AM for about 9 weeks straight, usually 6 days per week, and on weeks 8 and 9, I started to get headaches and feel foggy brained after it wore off in the afternoon.

I never got headaches like that in the past. I stopped taking the product and the headaches and foggy brain went away completely.

I am willing to try Nootrol, but I would advise cycling a nootropic, so as not to build a tolerance and also just give yourself a break.
This is exactly what Im taking about. So a company tells you in its marketing that youll gain focus but it gives you brain fog, and instead of being clear headed and sharp you have a sharp headache and trouble concentrating. This is because your neurotransmitters are out of whack.
I have yet to hear of 1 report of brain fog from Nootrol. My goal in formulation was to prevent these sides while giving you an exceptionally solid noot.

Nothing wrong with taking a break from it either.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I'm going on 5 months straight. First 6 weeks was dosing 3 caps per day, then dropped to the suggested 2 per day from then on. I have had no headaches or brain fog to speak of. Absolutely zero side effects. I've continued taking the same series of tests that we did during the initial testing phase (for my own curiosity) and my test scores have leveled off somewhat but are still showing slight improvements. Have not noticed any diminishing effects or negative issues. I plan on taking Nootrol for a long time.

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm going on 5 months straight. First 6 weeks was dosing 3 caps per day, then dropped to the suggested 2 per day from then on. I have had no headaches or brain fog to speak of. Absolutely zero side effects. I've continued taking the same series of tests that we did during the initial testing phase (for my own curiosity) and my test scores have leveled off somewhat but are still showing slight improvements. Have not noticed any diminishing effects or negative issues. I plan on taking Nootrol for a long time.
Which one are you taking?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nootrol

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
I've continued taking the same series of tests that we did during the initial testing phase (for my own curiosity) and my test scores have leveled off somewhat but are still showing slight improvements.
I've always questioned this. I mean, I LOVE Nootrol, but isn't it just as likely that the reason your test scores are improving is because you keep taking them? Don't most people improve at pretty much anything they keep doing?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've always questioned this. I mean, I LOVE Nootrol, but isn't it just as likely that the reason your test scores are improving is because you keep taking them? Don't most people improve at pretty much anything they keep doing?
Possibly, but these aren't standard tests. It isn't a series of questions, or learned behaviour. I could see just getting better through repetition if that were the case, or if I was doing them on a weekly basis.

resrch3d

resrch3d

Awards
Started taking nootrol today. Been a long time fan of nootropics, I just always found it annoying to have to combine so many to get the overall effects I was looking for. Is there any recommendations as far as single or split dose or does it even really matter? I'd assume it's more of a taking the ingredients consistently for a period of time rather than when you take them daily.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Started taking nootrol today. Been a long time fan of nootropics, I just always found it annoying to have to combine so many to get the overall effects I was looking for. Is there any recommendations as far as single or split dose or does it even really matter? I'd assume it's more of a taking the ingredients consistently for a period of time rather than when you take them daily.
It’s been recommended to take one pill twice per day so that you have the consistency of the ingredients in your system.

resrch3d

resrch3d

Awards
What about taking with or without food. I take one fasted in the AM, but for me the next dose I guess would be some time after lunch prob around 2PM, still some food in the stomach but should be an issue, I wouldn't think?

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I found for the most part I loved Nootrol's effects. I experience a dramatic increase in motivation on this product, as well as a nice sustained energy throughout the day. I do experience one negative side effect from time to time which I really don't care for. Typically, I wake up once overnight to urinate. This generally isn't a big deal, I just go right back to sleep afterwards. However, after several weeks of sustained use of nootrol, when I wake up overnight to use the washroom my brain immediately kicks into overdrive, and it can take me several hours to get back to sleep. The next time I use Nootrol I'll have to experiment with dosing schedules to see if taking the second dose earlier in the day can help to alleviate this issue.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What about taking with or without food. I take one fasted in the AM, but for me the next dose I guess would be some time after lunch prob around 2PM, still some food in the stomach but should be an issue, I wouldn't think?
It shouldn’t matter if you take it with or without food. But if for some reason it bothers your stomach after haven taken it, then take it with food next dose.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have just been splitting my dose. Am/Pm. But I dont take the second too late because there is 50mg caffeine. So before 7pm.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you can tolerate it without food then either way should be fine.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I found for the most part I loved Nootrol's effects. I experience a dramatic increase in motivation on this product, as well as a nice sustained energy throughout the day. I do experience one negative side effect from time to time which I really don't care for. Typically, I wake up once overnight to urinate. This generally isn't a big deal, I just go right back to sleep afterwards. However, after several weeks of sustained use of nootrol, when I wake up overnight to use the washroom my brain immediately kicks into overdrive, and it can take me several hours to get back to sleep. The next time I use Nootrol I'll have to experiment with dosing schedules to see if taking the second dose earlier in the day can help to alleviate this issue.
This is the action of dopamine. Its fantastic when your awake but not so good if you want to sleep.
Some suggestions=
When you wake up DO NOT turn on lights or sound or anything more than fumble for the toilet and get straight back into bed. Because if your brain senses light it will turn on as if it were morning. Sometimes I have to wake up to let the dog out in the middle of the night. I keep my earplugs in and eyemask on and just feel around. Generally it works.
Also melatonin helps.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is the action of dopamine. Its fantastic when your awake but not so good if you want to sleep.
Some suggestions=
When you wake up DO NOT turn on lights or sound or anything more than fumble for the toilet and get straight back into bed. Because if your brain senses light it will turn on as if it were morning. Sometimes I have to wake up to let the dog out in the middle of the night. I keep my earplugs in and eyemask on and just feel around. Generally it works.
Also melatonin helps.
It's interesting you mention light, we just so happen to have a few nightlights in our house. There is one in the hallway along the way to the bathroom, and then another one in the bathroom itself. I have a young daughter so eliminating the nightlights unfortunately isn't an option. I could certainly try keeping my eyes closed on the way to the washroom to see if it helps.

I am a shiftworker, so I take melatonin on a regular basis already.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's interesting you mention light, we just so happen to have a few nightlights in our house. There is one in the hallway along the way to the bathroom, and then another one in the bathroom itself. I have a young daughter so eliminating the nightlights unfortunately isn't an option. I could certainly try keeping my eyes closed on the way to the washroom to see if it helps.

I am a shiftworker, so I take melatonin on a regular basis already.
Yah those lights are an issue.
Since its your house you can likely get there w8th the eyes closed.
Give it a shot and try not to take the Nootrol after dark.
Like I said I wear eye mask and earplugs and black out my room when I sleep. Its Amazing how much better I sleep when it's pitch black.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nootrol currently on sale on our site!!!
30% off with code SMARTBUY

Get in there while supplies last. This stuff goes super fast.

resrch3d

resrch3d

Awards
With nootrol, I'd assume the longer and more consecutive you take it the better but, if you are using it and then have a break....do you lose what you've gained - so basically your going to go back to your baseline in terms of the different aspects of increased mental capacities? With most nootropocs or supplements, medicines, etc this is the case; I'm not as familiar with everything the silk fibroin can do, maybe it can hold different long terms short term results.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
With nootrol, I'd assume the longer and more consecutive you take it the better but, if you are using it and then have a break....do you lose what you've gained - so basically your going to go back to your baseline in terms of the different aspects of increased mental capacities? With most nootropocs or supplements, medicines, etc this is the case; I'm not as familiar with everything the silk fibroin can do, maybe it can hold different long terms short term results.
No you would need to be using the product to experience the benefits.
Because it works in part by increasing neurotransmitters and these will return to baseline when not stimulated by exogenous supplementation.

resrch3d

resrch3d

Awards
No you would need to be using the product to experience the benefits.
Because it works in part by increasing neurotransmitters and these will return to baseline when not stimulated by exogenous supplementation.
I tired a bottle and really liked it. The further I was getting through the product, what felt like an increase in dopamine was noticable for me, amongst additional benefits. Will definitely be using again.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
I tired a bottle and really liked it. The further I was getting through the product, what felt like an increase in dopamine was noticable for me, amongst additional benefits. Will definitely be using again.
Legend has it that brundel accidentally spilled an entire bottle of Nootrol into his protein shake one time. Later that night, he came up with the formula for Vector.

*pls don’t take more than recommended dosage of Nootrol on label

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Legend has it that brundel accidentally spilled an entire bottle of Nootrol into his protein shake one time. Later that night, he came up with the formula for Vector.

*pls don’t take more than recommended dosage of Nootrol on label
lol yah def dont take a whole bottle at once.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
During the trial we saw that all testers had increases in IQ, memory, learning, reaction time etc. These effects continued to increase over time and the levels were higher at 4 weeks vs 2 weeks. Where that stops I dont know. But for sure its stronger at 30 days vs 1 or vs 15.
I would suggest at least a few months at a time.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've taken Nootrol since it's release, and have taken the same tests that were taken during the original testing. My results have continued to improve, but the rate of improvement has certainly slowed the longer I've been taking it. It's possible that part of the increase is because of increased familiarity with the testing procedure, but certainly not all of it.

I was kind of hoping that if I took it long enough, I would become a "super genius" and be able to take over the world. So far, no luck with that.

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
SFreed have you tried any other noot products you could compare it to?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
SFreed have you tried any other noot products you could compare it to?
I have not. When brundel was looking for beta testers for Nootrol I was lucky enough to be chosen. What I experienced during the initial testing was really quite impressive. I see no need to try anything else when this product does so well. Just my opinion.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here's a couple of test results. First group is from the initial testing done prior to taking Nootrol. Second group is from 6 weeks ago, the last time I tested.

MemTrax test .865 Mean Reaction Time
Human Benchmark tests
1957 points in Visual Memory
41 on Verbal Memory
Reaction Time of 325.0ms
11 on Number Memory
Psychology Today Memory Test - 81
IQ Test - 105

MemTrax test - .696 Mean Reaction Time
Human Benchmark tests
Visual Memory - 7017
Verbal Memory - 61
Reaction Time - 298.0ms
Number Memory - 13
Psychology Today Memory Test - 112
IQ Test - 132

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow that iq has really gone up. 132 is legit.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
I suspect (and it's really an uninformed guess) that most noots, Nootrol included, do their best work by "repairing" or "tuning up" a poorly functioning brain. And that's when you see the most improvement. But once the repair is complete, these substances are not really designed for ongoing improvement (or at least not nearly as much).

Thebigc4

Awards
brundel do you think this would help counteract the side effects of somewhat constant sleep deprivation? I regularly have 2-3 weeks at a time where I’m only averaging 4-5 hours a night due to work. I’ll usually get 2-3 good nights of sleep after that and I get back to feeling good, but I certainly feel my brain slowing down during the time where I’m not sleeping much. Would be cool if this could help? Or even any other suggestions.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
brundel do you think this would help counteract the side effects of somewhat constant sleep deprivation? I regularly have 2-3 weeks at a time where I’m only averaging 4-5 hours a night due to work. I’ll usually get 2-3 good nights of sleep after that and I get back to feeling good, but I certainly feel my brain slowing down during the time where I’m not sleeping much. Would be cool if this could help? Or even any other suggestions.
For me, I average about 4-6 hours of sleep a night during the week. Since being on nootrol for the past 8 weeks, I feel pretty refreshed when I wake up. I take nootrol in the AM and PM with great results.