Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OK, a week in on this, and I'm noticing that I feel better when I wake up (almost like when I'd just pop awake and feel ready to go immediately, as a teen), despite 5-6hrs of sleep only during the week. I'm not experiencing an afternoon slump as usual. Brain fog is gone.

I'll be a regular user. Do I HAVE to cycle?
Good Question!
Me personally I use 8 weeks on 4 weeks off. I can tell after a few days that I'm not using it.
My wife is a different story. She love it! But she says she feels kind on moody and semi depressed for about 3 days when she come off it. (She is a manager for retail) If I had her job I don't think anything would work! LOL

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OK, a week in on this, and I'm noticing that I feel better when I wake up (almost like when I'd just pop awake and feel ready to go immediately, as a teen), despite 5-6hrs of sleep only during the week. I'm not experiencing an afternoon slump as usual. Brain fog is gone.

I'll be a regular user. Do I HAVE to cycle?
No you dont need to cycle.
In fact, at least with regards to improved memory etc, it works better over time. We ran some trials early on.
Test prior to Nootrol
Test agin after 2 weeks.
One user tested at 4 weeks and scores improved.

Check out the results of a few.
esults from initial test; BEFORE NOOTROL
MemTrax test - 92% correct .865 Mean Reaction Time
Human Benchmark tests
1957 points in Visual Memory
41 on Verbal Memory
Reaction Time of 325.0ms
11 on Number Memory
Psychology Today Memory Test - 81
IQ Test - 105

Results from second test; 2 WEEKS NOOTROL
Test results 11/08
MemTrax test - 96% .737 Mean Reaction Time
Human Benchmark Tests
Visual Memory- 6687
Verbal Memory - 47
Reaction Time - 321.0 ms
Number Memory - 10 digits
Psychology Today Memory Test - 84
IQ Test - 115

Results from 11/21 4 WEEKS NOOTROL.
MemTrax Test 96% .728 Mean Reaction Time
Human Benchmark Tests
Visual Memory - 7243
Verbal Memory - 52
Reaction Time - 304.0 ms
Number Memory - 10 digits
Psychology Today Memory Test - 97
IQ Test - 127

===================================================================

Human Benchmark
Number memory: 10 digits, 69%
Reaction Time: 239 ms
Verbal Memory: 22 points
Visual Memory: level 7, score 2698

MemTrax: 90%, mean reaction time 0.827 seconds

Psychology Today: 74

Iqtest: 101

------------------------

Human Benchmark
Number memory: 10 digits, 69%
Reaction Time: 205 ms
Verbal Memory: 46 points!
Visual Memory: level 7,
score 6810!

MemTrax: 98%, mean reaction time 0.768 seconds!

Psychology Today: 90
-though I honestly answered these subjective questions both times, the increased score here is likely reflective of an increased confidence in my memory.

Iqtest: 110
==================================

Human Benchmark-
Number Memory-You scored 7. You're currently in the top 18 percentile for this test!
Reaction Time-You scored 309.0. You're currently in the top 32 percentile for this test!
Verbal Memory-You're currently in the top 17 percentile for this test!
Visual Memory-You scored 5631. You're currently in the top 21 percentile for this test!

Metrax- Mean Reaction Time: 0.979 seconds

Psychology Today- I got 50

IQ Test- 100 IQ(this was so hard in the middle)

------------------------------

Human Benchmark-
Number Memory- You scored 7. You're currently in the top 18 percentile for this test!
Visual Memory- You scored 17723. You're currently in the top 75 percentile for this test!
Reaction Time- You scored 300.0. You're currently in the top 36 percentile for this test!
Verbal Memory- You scored 32. You're currently in the top 42 percentile for this test!

Metrax- Mean Reaction Time:0.925 seconds 86% correct

Psychology Today- 79

IQ Test- 106

===================================================

Pre "Treatment" Test Results:

1. Human Benchmark Tests
a. Number Memory: Level 9 (50%)
b. Reaction Time: Avg - 358 ms (19%)
c. Verbal Memory: 44 points (70%)
d. Visual Memory: Level 8, 8799 points (41%)
2. Mem Trax Test: 92% correct - 0.856 mean reaction time
3. Psychology Today Memory Test: 73
4. General IQ Test: 108 -> finished with approximately 9 minutes left (out of 40).

-------------------------

After two weeks on mystery BLR noot at 1 cap bid:
1. Human Benchmark Tests:
a. Number Memory: Level 10 (69%); +1 Level
b. Reaction Time: Avg of 337 ms (24%); Improvement of 21 ms
c. Verbal Memory: 129 points (98%); improvement of 85 points....
d. Visual Memory: Level 10, Score of 12,873 (59%); +2 levels, 4074 points
2. Memtrax: 96% correct, 0.668 second rxn time; +4% and 0.188 seconds
3. Psychology Today Subjective Memory Questionnaire: Score of 79, 6 point improvement
4. General IQ Test: 126; +18 points -> I forgot to look at how much time was left when I completed it. But, I would guess it was in the 10-15 minute range.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Kick ass, thanks! I'm enjoying this a LOT. Actually, my first day or two on it I had a headache that went away, feel great now. I wonder if that's my brain chemistry changing to something better.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Might be some cerebral vasodilation or something.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok...so I needed to get the basic info out there. On to the ingredient panel and BF7.
Ill try to keep this short but BF-7 is worth some interest. Have a look.

The Silkworm connection.
Silkworms are the larva of the silk moth, whose Latin name is Bombyx mori, which means “silkworm of the mulberry tree.” As you can imagine, the leaves of the mulberry tree are the preferred food of the worms.
As obvious as the second half of the name is, the first half also tells you quite a bit about this insect, as it is a primary producer of silk.
Cultivating silkworms for the production of raw silk has been practiced in China for more than 5,000 years.

While in the larvae stage, the silkworms create an insoluble protein known as silk fibroin. The fibroin is the structural center of
the raw silk the worms create to build their cocoon.

Researchers have found that if you take the silk fibroin and filter it, purify it and hydrolyze it—or break it down into its component amino acids—it has several medicinal and therapeutic benefits, primarily related to brain health. This purified silk fibroin is called Brain Factor-7 (BF-7) for short.

BRAIN FACTOR 7 (BF-7) has been shown to=

Increase IQ in normal healthy subjects.
Improve Learning
Improve Working memory
Improve attention
Increase reaction times
Is antioxidant
Reduces amyloid plaques
Reduces ROS (reactive oxygen species)
Prevents brain cell death
Improves concentration
Increases Brain circulation

""Previous studies indicate that BF-7 enhances learning and memory in normal and elderly individuals. Here, we evaluated whether milk containing BF-7 (BF-7 milk) could improve the brain function, with thirty normal university students (21 ± 1.2 years). Two versions of the Paced Auditory Serial Addition Test were used under double-blinded conditions to measure the efficacy of BF-7 milk on learning and memory, especially working memory and attention, and on mathematical ability. As a result, BF-7 milk improved the accuracy of the task more than 3-fold. Furthermore, BF-7 milk protected cultured neu-ronal cells from 3-hydroxykynurenine, a normal endogenous brain stress agent. These results indicate that BF-7 milk enhances memory, attention and mathematical ability in normal persons."

"INCREASED REACTION TIME AND TEST SCORE ACCURACY=
"Results showed that BF-7 reduced the response time by an average of 23% for the Color Trails Making Test. Moreover, BF-7 improved the accuracy of the task around twofold. The results reveal that BF-7 improves brain function for attention and cognitive flexibility"

"BRAIN ANTIOXIDANT-
"BF-7 play a role in the improvement of brain functions by removing oxidative stress, and provide therapeutic potential role of BF-7 to protect nervous system from oxidative damage."

GREATLY ENHANCED MEMORY.
"his results strongly represent that the BF-7 play effectively positive role in the improvement of brain function including learning and memory. Taken together, our results suggested that the BF-7 should be useful for developing strategies protecting nervous system and improving brain function.

In a study published in 2004, researchers divided 98 people between the ages of 19 and 64 into three groups.6 One group received 200 mg of BF-7, the second group took 400 mg of BF-7 and the third group had a placebo every day for three weeks.

At the end of the study period, researchers found that all subjects taking the BF-7 (regardless of dosage) saw an average improvement in the memory index from 105 to 126.6. Similarly, the memory maintenance index in both groups increased from 52 percent to 61 percent.

The 200 mg group specifically saw an increase in memory recall efficiency from 31 percent to 59 percent, as well as a boost in the Intelligence Quotient and Memory Quotient consensus score from 53 percent to 79 percent.

The 400 mg group was even more impressive, boasting an increase from 41.5 percent to 66.5 percent in memory recall efficiency, and increases in the Intelligence Quotient and Memory Quotient consensus score rom 52.5 percent to 91 percent.

Circulation to Brain

Studies have shown that Bombyx mori, as silk fibroin, can increase blood flow to critical areas of the brain involved in memory and learning. This was specifically seen in one study published in 2004, where researchers tested the effects of BF-7 on four normal, healthy students.5

After treating the students with 400 mg of BF-7, researchers tested for improved learning and memory using the K-WAIS scale. They found BF-7 treatment raised IQs from 103 on average to 114.

Researchers then tested blood flow to the brain, particularly those areas associated with learning and memory—the paraphippocampal gyrus and medial temporal area—using the Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT). They found that blood flow was, in fact, increased in both areas. Additionally, blood supply also increased.

===================================

Centella asiatica/GOTU KOLA
This is a great overall brain supplement but its power lies in its ability to counterbalance the increased acetylcholine levels. Increase Dopamine, increased serotonin as well as a host of other brain benefits.

Increased BDNF, NGF
Neurite outgrowth
At least one study has traced back the increase in BDNF to CREB phosphorylation, and the CREB phosphorylation to the activation of MAPKs.
Oral ingestion of centella asiatica has been confirmed to increase dendritic arborization
Neuroprotective.
Reduces amyloid plaques.
Antioxidant.
Anxiolytic/ anti anxiety. Comparable to valume.
Reduced stressed
Reduced Depression
Reduced pain and inflammation.
Increased calmness, Contentment and alertness.
Increased Dopamine, Serotonin and Norepinephrine.

RESULTS: Significant reduction of the corticosterone level in serum and increase of the contents of 5-HT, NE, DA and their metabolites 5-HIAA, MHPG in rat brain were observed. CONCLUSION: The antidepressant effect of total triterpenes of Centella asiatica may be involved in ameliorating the function of HPA axis and increasing the contents of monoamine neurotransmitters.

====================================

salidroside

A very solid addition to the mix Salidroside is included for several reason. Of great importance, as we have discussed, is the importance of catecholamine homeostasis.
Its irresponsible at best to increase only acetylcholine in the hopes of increasing memory at the cost of losing Dopamine and Serotonin. Salidroside increases Norepinephrine, Dopamine and Serotonin which balances out the increase in Acetylcholine. In short we are turning up all of primary neurotransmitters save GABA as GABA is inhibitory and can reduce memory and cognitive function.
Salidroside also increases BDNF, NGF and increases brain health.

" increased expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), neurotrophin-3 (NT-3) and nerve growth factor (NGF) mRNAs, and promoted the secretion of these growth factors. The expression of dopamine neurons markers, such as dopamine-beta-hydroxy (DBH), dopa decarboxylase (DDC) and tyrosine hydroxylase (TH), was significantly upregulated after treatment with salidroside for 1-12 days. DA steadily increased after treatment with salidroside for 1-6 days. Thus salidroside can induce rMSCs to differentiate into dopaminergic neurons. "

"stimulated norepinephrine (NE), dopamine (DA), serotonin (5-HT), and nicotinic cholinergic effects in the central nervous system (CNS). It also enhanced the effects of these neurotransmitters on the brain by increasing the permeability of the blood brain barrier to precursors of DA and 5-HT. "

Research has also shown salidroside to help preserve serotonin by inhibiting the activity of COMT (catechol-o-methyl transferase.) Salidroside can increase serotonin by 30% and decrease COMT by up to 60%.

Salidroside can also increase MTOR expression, endurance, strength and a host of other benefits to us as athletes.

==============================================

TYROSOL
Salidoside is Tyrosol with a sugar molecule attached.

Salidroside is a prodrug to tyrosol.
Tyrosol is basically a much stronger version of Salidroside.
Many of Rhodiola and Salidrosides effects are due to Tyrosol. Using Tyrosol is like cutting out the middle man!

========================
Caffeine is there in very low doses just for a slight boost and for its cognitive benefits. The dose is low enough that it should not be stimulating for most. There is less than what is in a can of coke/ diet coke etc.
Want to repost this. If you like Nootropics, you need to try Nootrol!

Ziyo

Ziyo

Awards
Hey @brundel
I’m trying to recreate my own personal ‘nootrol’ supplement because it was the best nootropic for me.
Is there any specific Gotu Kola brand you would recommend? And does it have to be whole herb extract or just leaves?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hey @brundel
I’m trying to recreate my own personal ‘nootrol’ supplement because it was the best nootropic for me.
Is there any specific Gotu Kola brand you would recommend? And does it have to be whole herb extract or just leaves?
I wish BLR would bring back Nootrol because I think it’s very effective. An upgraded version would be even better. Anyway, the ND gotu Kola extract is good in the meantime.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey @brundel
Any good 20:1 centella asiatica extract should be fine. Very common stuff.
Its the BF7 and 11% salidroside you are gonna have trouble with ;)

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wish BLR would bring back Nootrol because I think it’s very effective. An upgraded version would be even better. Anyway, the ND gotu Kola extract is good in the meantime.
It just didnt sell very well overall. The people that used it bought it every month but the sales didnt justify keeping it on board.
Great product though. People just dont come to BLR for noots

Ziyo

Ziyo

Awards
Cheers man, I just managed to get the last 4 bottles of nootrol from flex it 😬😏😏

Ziyo

Ziyo

Awards
Any good 20:1 centella asiatica extract should be fine. Very common stuff.
Its the BF7 and 11% salidroside you are gonna have trouble with ;)
Thanks brundel, well I guess I’ll just have to take my chances 😅

Ziyo

Ziyo

Awards
It just didnt sell very well overall. The people that used it bought it every month but the sales didnt justify keeping it on board.
Great product though. People just dont come to BLR for noots
Any chance you guys will be selling 11% salidrosides again? Or maybe even tyrosol?
I remember BLR 11% Salidrosides was pretty hectic and I used to take it alongside Han swolo and other supplements for best workouts.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any chance you guys will be selling 11% salidrosides again? Or maybe even tyrosol?
I remember BLR 11% Salidrosides was pretty hectic and I used to take it alongside Han swolo and other supplements for best workouts.
We just ran a sale for pre existing customers and included bottles of the 11% salidroside. Gotta get on our mailing list !