Next PES Insider Deal???

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
Seems like a trend for all these insider type threads, bahahah.
Unfortunately it is :( until pes will be enough rich to open a warehouse in Europe :)

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Seems like a trend for all these insider type threads, bahahah.
:D I mean, yeah, Select flavoring tastes damn good, but the pain these guys go through, with MyProtein being in the UK, boggles my mind :D

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
We taste tested some top selling vegan proteins to see if they were products that we could improve upon.

To summarise and without naming specific brands, vegan protein powders are frequently disgusting. I don't know how people can drink them lol.

Enter Select Vegan. :)
Seriously. Out of the dozens I've had, only two brands don't suck. And even then, they're not great in water.

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
:D I mean, yeah, Select flavoring tastes damn good, but the pain these guys go through, with MyProtein being in the UK, boggles my mind :D
My protein is **** mate sorry lol but its really bad :( I tried all of them and pes can't be beaten in terms of quality and taste, but I agree with you when you talk about "pain" hahahah it's a pain every time there's an insider :(

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My protein is **** mate sorry lol but its really bad :( I tried all of them and pes can't be beaten in terms of quality and taste, but I agree with you when you talk about "pain" hahahah it's a pain every time there's an insider :(
you've really tried ALL of them?... Color me skeptical as they have like 50+ flavors in just the impact whey alone...

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
you've really tried ALL of them?... Color me skeptical as they have like 50+ flavors in just the impact whey alone...
I meant all kind of preteins, not all of the my protein ones lol I did try isolated and casein from my proteins and I ended up giving them away...

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah. MyProtein may not be the best flavoring, but it's far from "terrible", but it's quality and affordable.

Yeah, there are a LOT of flavors. Probably just didn't like the blander styles (vanilla, etc)

Either way, everyone already knows the deal. People somehow think shipping ridiculously far should be for free. Can't blame people trying to save some bucks at the expense of a company.

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
Lol, Myprotein whey impact cinnamon danish, sticky toffee pudding, salted caramel and mocha rocks!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Ha, not quite...I received a hugely oversized box for a lonely bottle of F95 accompanied by a double-sided letter from the Border Force! They also sent a leaflet and highlighted the *importing of dairy outside of the EU* ...but we're not in the EU anymore wonder if laws will change?
You are still in the EU

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
wait a second, you received an empty box? lol they should provide you a letter/official document where explain why they are removing "your property" from the box without your permission, nobody called you to tell you/let you know so they should not be allowed to do so! also are they going to send the proteins back to PES? cause I am starting seriously to think they keep this.....
They are allowed to remove things. That is what customs and border security is for.

They remove things that may be considered harmful to the ecological system or are illegal to import.

Dairy products are one of the most stopped products coming In to countries from a supplement standpoint. Its a shame, but it is legal and they dont need to call you in advance

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
They are allowed to remove things. That is what customs and border security is for.

They remove things that may be considered harmful to the ecological system or are illegal to import.

Dairy products are one of the most stopped products coming In to countries from a supplement standpoint. Its a shame, but it is legal and they dont need to call you in advance
Understood but still not fair... I find it absurd that they can just remove whatever without letting me know... oh well, if it's law it's wrong :)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Understood but still not fair... I find it absurd that they can just remove whatever without letting me know... oh well, if it's law it's wrong :)
They only remove for things that are potential threats. They should have a site where they detail what you can and cannot import

he-man

he-man

Awards
  • Established
Myprotein maybe affordable, but personally I don't rate the quality! I have GI issues and PES and Trutein have been the only two I've gotten on with in the past 5 or so years!

Ha, yes we are still in the EU...until they activate the article! But I wonder if things may change. Protein shouldn't be illegal or else they shouldn't be allowing the companies to ship it over? Obviously all about money!!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Myprotein maybe affordable, but personally I don't rate the quality! I have GI issues and PES and Trutein have been the only two I've gotten on with in the past 5 or so years!

Ha, yes we are still in the EU...until they activate the article! But I wonder if things may change. Protein shouldn't be illegal or else they shouldn't be allowing the companies to ship it over? Obviously all about money!!
How are they making money from that?

I can tell you a story, not too long ago in NZ a singular fruit fly entered NZ and was found. It likely came through on products imported from elsewhere. The product itself was ok, but what it carried wasn't.

A singular fruit fly stopped our farming almost In its tracks to stop the harm this fly could do. It cost millions, if not hundreds of millions to ensure that this fly had not come in with others, and to ensure the zone was not breached.

All of that for a single fly.

It's what the dairy could be transporting with it that is the issue. Trust me, they lose money if stuff breaks out due to negligence.

When companies produce it, it has to be done to a certain spec. FedEx is a little customs happy (they even have their own internal customs) but often things are done for a reason, even if the chances are absurdly low.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I can tell you a story, not too long ago in NZ a singular fruit fly entered NZ and was found. It likely came through on products imported from elsewhere. The product itself was ok, but what it carried wasn't.

A singular fruit fly stopped our farming almost In its tracks to stop the harm this fly could do. It cost millions, if not hundreds of millions to ensure that this fly had not come in with others, and to ensure the zone was not breached.

It's what the dairy could be transporting with it that is the issue. Trust me, they lose money if stuff breaks out due to negligence.

When companies produce it, it has to be done to a certain spec. FedEx is a little customs happy (they even have their own internal customs) but often things are done for a reason, even if the chances are absurdly low.
Not arguing because your point is valid, but you asked him how they were making g money off it, and then pointed out how. Because they are protecting against the loss of their money. just nat-picking. badoom ching.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Not arguing because your point is valid, but you asked him how they were making g money off it, and then pointed out how. Because they are protecting against the loss of their money. just nat-picking. badoom ching.
Haha, touché.

But you knew what I meant ;)

I deal with customs a lot here and have learned a lot from them. Figured I'd pass on their responses to me for the same concerns.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Haha, touché.

But you knew what I meant ;)

I deal with customs a lot here and have learned a lot from them. Figured I'd pass on their responses to me for the same concerns.
Yeah, I hear ya. We just don't know what we don't know a lot of times. Sometimes things seem like they have no logical reason because we just don't understand it. And sometimes they seem like they have no logical reason...because they don't. Haha

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

That is insane to thing about. I can understand it a lot better now.

he-man

he-man

Awards
  • Established

I understand the laws behind why, but it seems daft that the average Joe cannot import a tub of whey, yet a company can! Is it not the same product?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I can purchase US OG alphamine from an E tailer in the US, but I can only purchase the Australian version if I buy from an NZ retailer.

The company doesn't just import willy nilly, they have to go through certain chains to get the product in the country, and that involves, typically, ensuring the product meets the target countries specs

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have a 55 serving tub of FCC and a 27 serving tub of Vanilla Select on the way to me next week. Can't wait!!

he-man

he-man

Awards
  • Established
I can purchase US OG alphamine from an E tailer in the US, but I can only purchase the Australian version if I buy from an NZ retailer.

The company doesn't just import willy nilly, they have to go through certain chains to get the product in the country, and that involves, typically, ensuring the product meets the target countries specs
I could be wrong but I don't think PES change their protein and even if they did why could I not be able to get a batch that's being imported to the UK anyway by the likes of Predator?

It's all good if it was a banned supplement/substance in this country but it's not, I can openly buy PES select in the UK, I just wanted to try a new flavour...

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
I could be wrong but I don't think PES change their protein and even if they did why could I not be able to get a batch that's being imported to the UK anyway by the likes of Predator?

It's all good if it was a banned supplement/substance in this country but it's not, I can openly buy PES select in the UK, I just wanted to try a new flavour...
That's the point :)

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I ordered and bought a cow from the UK, and US Customs stopped it, and wouldn't let in in the country, so it goes both ways :D

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
I ordered and bought a cow from the UK, and US Customs stopped it, and wouldn't let in in the country, so it goes both ways :D
Hahahahha you don't need cows from here lol I guess US meat is much better :)

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
It was a joke, RE: Mad Cow and Foot and Mouth Disease you guys had a while back :D
Oh yeah... Got it lol :p I knew it was at least I hoped so :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Guys. Please start a new thread for the customs issues. This is for insiders and every time I check it that's what I want to talk/hear about...

Sorry, but the rest of us aren't trying to solve world diary importing issues

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Guys. Please start a new thread for the customs issues. This is for insiders and every time I check it that's what I want to talk/hear about...

This x 1000

Glad I'm not the only one tired of hearing people whine about shipping and customs.

he-man

he-man

Awards
  • Established

This was an insiders order ?!! I never moaned about it until you lot chimed in me and one of the others were simply getting assistance from the PES guys and made some tongue in cheek comments!

Point taken re: this thread...but you guys kept fuelling the flames cracking jokes etc regarding customs. thanks you your concern over world dairy imports tho

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

Would customs know that? And it's not just banned things they prevent from getting through the border, it's anything that may be deemed a threat for potential threats to local industry. It's just the way it is.

When product is imported for sale, it's a completely different process to you just importing yourself. A lot more paper work involved. You just click buy and ship and off it comes. Slightly more complex when a distributor is involved.

Call them and ask, it's what I did. In any case, it is what it is. ;)

sareea

Awards
PES reps:
Have INTL europe norcodrene with sa2-a2 been discontinued also ?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why ? It was the perfect upgrade of norco, it was without yohimbine and with the same effects...
We have to do specific manufacturing runs for EU items and this version of Norcodrene could only be sold in Europe (not Australia as well).

The manufacturing runs require big minimums and the EU version just didn't sell enough for us to do another batch of it.

sareea

Awards
We have to do specific manufacturing runs for EU items and this version of Norcodrene could only be sold in Europe (not Australia as well).

The manufacturing runs require big minimums and the EU version just didn't sell enough for us to do another batch of it.
Thanks for explaining.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

How large is the minimum order for manufacturing (how many bottles, not servings lol)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
How large is the minimum order for manufacturing (how many bottles, not servings lol)
Haha in before Jim orders an entire mfg order ;)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
No idea on that, we'll see what bdcc comes back with

Would be an absurd feat to take a whole production order and try to get through it before expiry lol

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

FYI, importing diaries into the UK isn't a problem. We actually sell them in most good book shops anyway. ;)

Depends on the product but for this it would be 1000 bottles.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
No idea on that, we'll see what bdcc comes back with

Would be an absurd feat to take a whole production order and try to get through it before expiry lol
or he could sell some of it...

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Come on then, Big Jim. Step up to the plate and order a whole manufacturing run.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So my guesses the next insider will be at 21.7 ?
What are your guesses people ?
I heard from a vendor the Vegan protein will be release within 2 weeks. Don't know how much validity, but they carry a lot of PES products on their website.

sareea

Awards
Come on then, Big Jim. Step up to the plate and order a whole manufacturing run.
Can you make a preorder of a specific flavor and in case you reach 1000 preorders then you manufacture it ?
Hhhh

Edit: i mean a flavour like white choc mint or.... any other :D