Never Listen to Milas about RecoverPro

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow this thread really multiplied....did someone spill water on it or wut? Just don't post in it after midnight, pls...or baaaad things will happen...jus sayin ;)
....brb, emailing thread link to NP & ADMIN to be the featured thread in the next AM newsletter....Ben is on FIRE!!**

*figuratively not literally.
I have given out more reps in this thread than the last several months combined...lol.

And this would be an amazing newsletter thread.

And you're saying Ben is flaming? I don't think his girlfriend would appreciate those accusations...

That's right, schizm! I'm throwing you into the mix now, as well! MUHAHAHAHA!

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow this thread really multiplied....did someone spill water on it or wut? Just don't post in it after midnight, pls...or baaaad things will happen...jus sayin ;)
....brb, emailing thread link to NP & ADMIN to be the featured thread in the next AM newsletter....Ben is on FIRE!!**

*figuratively not literally.
Apart from working out the RecoverPro thing I have learned one major thing from this thread.

Threads with ridiculous or dramatic titles attract a lot more views. Next time I run a log I might call it "MILAS SELLS DRUGS TO KIDS... BDCC logs...." :toofunny:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In your typical English food post you have baked beans. Do you not have Heinz baked beans in America? It was founded there.

I searched for "most popular American foods" and these came up in a tongue and cheek article as the top 10 things "only America could have invented". I hadn't heard of most of them. Thoughts?
- Corn dog
- Philly cheesesteak
- "Chinese food" lol
- S'mores
- Reuben sandwich
- Cobb salad
- Baked alaska
- Buffalo wings
- Turducken
- Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream
I'll take all except the salad and whatever a baked alaska is, please.

Also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turducken

Roasts of nested birds or other animals have been documented for centuries. The Yorkshire Christmas pie, an English dish served in the 18th century, consists of five different birds either layered or nested, and baked in a standing crust.[1][2][3] The pie was normally produced only by the wealthy.[2]

In his 1807 Almanach des Gourmands, gastronomist Grimod de La Reynière presents his rôti sans pareil ("roast without equal")—a bustard stuffed with a turkey, a goose, a pheasant, a chicken, a duck, a guinea fowl, a teal, a wood****, a partridge, a plover, a lapwing, a quail, a thrush, a lark, an ortolan bunting and a garden warbler—although he states that, since similar roasts were produced by ancient Romans, the rôti sans pareil was not entirely novel.[4][5][6] The final bird is very small but large enough to hold just an olive; it also suggests that, unlike modern multi-bird roasts, there was no stuffing or other packing placed in between the birds. Some of the species used are today endangered.[7]

A November 2005 National Geographic article by Calvin Trillin traced the American origins of the dish to "Hebert's Specialty Meats" in Maurice, Louisiana, although readers immediately noted that the concept for the dish itself is centuries old. Hebert's has been commercially producing turduckens since 1985, when an unknown local farmer brought in his own birds and asked Hebert's to prepare them in that manner. The company prepares around 5,000 turduckens per week around Thanksgiving time.[8]

In the United Kingdom, a turducken is a type of ballotine called a "three-bird roast" or a "royal roast".[9][10] The Pure Meat Company offered a five-bird roast (a goose, a turkey, a chicken, a pheasant, and a pigeon, stuffed with sausage), described as a modern revival of the traditional Yorkshire Christmas pie, in 1989;[11][12] and a three-bird roast (a duck stuffed with chicken stuffed with a pigeon, with sage and apple stuffing) in 1990.[11][12] Multi-bird roasts are widely available.

Gooducken is a goose stuffed with a duck, which is in turn stuffed with a chicken.[13]

The YouTube channel Epic Meal Time made their variation of turducken with what they call "TurBaconEpic." It is a roasted pig wrapped in bacon, basted in a mixture of butter and Dr. Pepper which is stuffed with bacon stuffing and a bacon wrapped turkey stuffed with a duck, chicken, Cornish game hen, quail, the bacon stuffing, and more bacon, all held together with "meat glue" (a mixture of ground bacon, veal, and pork sausage), and was garnished with Wendy's Baconators. The finished product yielded 79,046 calories, and 6,892 grams of fat (equivalent to 14.35 pounds of fat).

John Madden, noted NFL analyst, popularized the turducken in America when on air. During his announcing for CBS he presented a turducken to the viewers, then began carving it with his bare hands. Later he promoted it again on Fox by awarding a turducken to players on the winning team for the Thanksgiving Bowl. On the November 9, 2008 broadcast of NBC Sunday Night Football, Madden responded to a fan's sign reading "JOHN MADDEN, BRING BACK TURDUCKEN" by calling his fixation with turducken "a thing of the past," stating that he would return to a traditional turkey for subsequent Thanksgivings.[14]
Don't act like you've never heard of this, Ben! You just know it as Royal Roast, according to our friend, Wikipedia! :laugh2:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Apart from working out the RecoverPro thing I have learned one major thing from this thread.

Threads with ridiculous or dramatic titles attract a lot more views. Next time I run a log I might call it "MILAS SELLS DRUGS TO KIDS... BDCC logs...." :toofunny:
Pre-maturely sub'd

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had never heard of 'turducken' but I am definitely not denying the five bird royal roast.

I am proud to claim this one, it makes me patriotic!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had never heard of 'turducken' but I am definitely not denying the five bird royal roast.

I am proud to claim this one, it makes me patriotic!
One thing you don't have, sir, is John Madden.

Therefore,

USA > UK

(simple math would have proved this by virtue of our 3 letters to your 2, as well)

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In your typical English food post you have baked beans. Do you not have Heinz baked beans in America? It was founded there.

I searched for "most popular American foods" and these came up in a tongue and cheek article as the top 10 things "only America could have invented". I hadn't heard of most of them. Thoughts?
- Corn dog

- Philly cheesesteak

- "Chinese food" lol

- S'mores

- Reuben sandwich

- Cobb salad

- Baked alaska

- Buffalo wings

- Turducken

Or here's all of them together "super sized"...

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This thread is making me HUNGRY!!!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have given out more reps in this thread than the last several months combined...lol.

And this would be an amazing newsletter thread.

And you're saying Ben is flaming? I don't think his girlfriend would appreciate those accusations...

That's right, schizm! I'm throwing you into the mix now, as well! MUHAHAHAHA!
Oh...ahhh...well...I.....ummm....never....ahhh...<unplugs computer><hops into next cube>

Great idea!! My next log title: 'MILAS CLUBS BABY SEALS: A Chronicle by schizm'

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL! I genuinely laughed out loud at that. Get that on the newsletter and make Milas famous!

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Yeah baked Alaska and that there titty wingz looks good

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed...

Subbed...

LOL! I genuinely laughed out loud at that. Get that on the newsletter and make Milas famous!
PAPARAZZI!!!!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thread full of lulz.

I agree that all of our new threads need to be Milas-titled.

Hmm...

I'm thinking mine will be: "MILAS DROWNS PUPPIES IN A PILLOWCASE!! (PIC LOG)"

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thread full of lulz.

I agree that all of our new threads need to be Milas-titled.

Hmm...

I'm thinking mine will be: "MILAS DROWNS PUPPIES IN A PILLOWCASE!! (PIC LOG)"
Could you make it either kittens or babies? That's a bit harsh to drown puppies...

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just so you know Milas. MidwestBeast negged me in this thread as he thought my banter went too far.

He disguised it as accidental but I saw though his facade. He has your back!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Could you make it either kittens or babies? That's a bit harsh to drown puppies...

Puppies > babies > kittens

I wanted to make it as horrible as possible.

Just so you know Milas. MidwestBeast negged me in this thread as he thought my banter went too far.

He disguised it as accidental but I saw though his facade. He has your back!
So in JD's thread you share our pillow talk and now what happens between two men behind closed doors is brought out into the public again? I can never trust you! :sad:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bump for hate and jokes.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That cat looks like a hairy E.T. lol.

P.S. I had to tell Milas you negged me when you said USA > UK. It upset me!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That cat looks like a hairy E.T. lol.

Shhh...hush, sweetheart.... *finger to your lips*

:dance2:

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This thread just got a lot more weird.

When I read that I kind of laughed and gagged at the same time lol. Your beard is too much for me!

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If someone causes you recurring nightmares, can you file a lawsuit?

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So in JD's thread you share our pillow talk and now what happens between two men behind closed doors is brought out into the public again? I can never trust you! :sad:
lover's quarrell?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This thread just got a lot more weird.

When I read that I kind of laughed and gagged at the same time lol. Your beard is too much for me!
lol I can have that effect.

You're just jealous of my facial man-fur :lol:

If someone causes you recurring nightmares, can you file a lawsuit?
You haven't seen anything, yet...

lover's quarrell?

:sigh: No, he just loves the drama...He's lucky he's cute.

Haha, okay, I don't know that I can keep this up anymore. Typing that last line felt like a bit too much.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

- Corn dog
- Philly cheesesteak
- "Chinese food" lol
- S'mores
- Reuben sandwich
- Cobb salad
- Baked alaska
- Buffalo wings
- Turducken
you've seriously missed out. that reads like a thanksgiving menu at my house

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You missed it, it was 1hr pre-fast break and I had the smart idea to post pics of each food item for Ben to see. BAD idea, got so hungry I ate a couple burrittos and order of chips & queso, and then moved on to dessert... and the worst part is I didn't have a single thing from that list!

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, he just loves the drama...He's lucky he's cute.

Haha, okay, I don't know that I can keep this up anymore. Typing that last line felt like a bit too much.
Haha, the fact you have seen me on Facebook makes the fact you called me cute infinitely more weird!

MidwestBeast once played a game of gay chicken with his other straight male friend. Both of them were so stubborn and determined to win that they woke up the next morning snuggling each other.

... in the end there were no real winners.

True story.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know they are quite popular so I must have missed something.

A sausage deep fried in corn flour sounds horrible. Why are corn dogs so nice?

By the way Milas, as you referred to Scottish cuisine earlier it is quite famous that they have deep fried Mars bars in Scotland.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

By the way Milas, as you referred to Scottish cuisine earlier it is quite famous that they have deep fried Mars bars in Scotland.
its batter made of corn flour, fairly sweet but ends up nice and crunchy on the outside. Pretty thick too as you can see from Milas' picture

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Fried Mars Bar??? You must not know that I used to live in Texas!

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Excuse my naivety and ignorance but which of those are real and which are spoofs?

When it says fried does it mean deep fried i.e. dipped in oil?

Surely deep fried butter, peanut butter and jelly (we say jam) sandwiches and deep fried bubblegum can't be real?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Excuse my naivety and ignorance but which of those are real and which are spoofs?

Surely deep fried butter, peanut butter and jelly (we say jam) sandwiches and deep fried bubblegum can't be real?
they coat them in batter first

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Everything listed is covered in batter and dipped in oil?

You must be teasing me.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

All real, verified personally in many cases! :D

You must be teasing me.
Nope, that's how they do it at the Texas State Fair.

Fried Guacamole, fried salsa, fried coke, etc.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

You must be teasing me.
nope, its pretty good too. Really the deep fried twinkies are my favorites, the chocolate flavors don't seem to go as well with being battered.

although my favorite state fair food is the chocolate covered bacon

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hang on, fried coke lol? Deep fried bubblegum?

I am not having this anymore. You two could be repping each other behind my back laughing at my stupidity and I would be none the wiser!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nope, its pretty good too. Really the deep fried twinkies are my favorites, the chocolate flavors don't seem to go as well with being battered.

although my favorite state fair food is the chocolate covered bacon
Chicken fried bacon was my favorite. I never got it chocolate covered though, that would be good.

Just this weekend I had bacon wrapped tater tots that were fried, those were good, a nice chili sauce to go with it too...

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hang on, fried coke lol? Deep fried bubblegum?

I am not having this anymore. You two could be repping each other behind my back laughing at my stupidity and I would be none the wiser!
Just google "Texas state fair fried food", the vendors try to out-do each other every year.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Buffalo chicken in a flapjack
Deep fried latte
Deep fried pineapple upside down cake

I don't believe you made a joke about not trusting English tastebuds because we have baked beans on toast!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
deep friend pickles, deep fried oreos, deep fried snickers.....oh man, thats one bad day at the fair, i easily spend $50 on all that junk within 2 hours.....welcome to america

we love obesity, oil, and in some states even our sisters

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pepperoni pizza on a stick, battered and fried brownie on a stick lol.

My mind is blown.

By the way Eric bangers and mash are actually frequent my diet quite a lot, 97% free range meat and homemade onion gravy. Guilt free!

I would like to try a deep fried brownie on a stick though but my digestive system would not handle that at all lol.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
deep friend pickles, deep fried oreos, deep fried snickers.....oh man, thats one bad day at the fair, i easily spend $50 on all that junk within 2 hours.....welcome to america

we love obesity, oil, and in some states even our sisters
Haha! I don't know the generalisations well enough to stereotype. I think I would get into trouble lol.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Buffalo chicken in a flapjack
Deep fried latte
Deep fried pineapple upside down cake

I don't believe you made a joke about not trusting English tastebuds because we have baked beans on toast!
Have you tried any of this stuff??? It beats beans and toast HANDS DOWN!