• RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am on episode 2 on Swarm on prime. Seems interesting

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Older movies that I rewatched recently that I'm surprised were never more popular:

'Lucky Number Slevin'. I'll never understand why this movie never got more attention, one of the greatest 'twist' endings ever.

And in the same vein, albeit not AS good... 'Smokin Aces'.

Oh, and 'The Losers'. It's funny to watch now, it was a DC property, but half of the cast are now MCU alumni.

Some good weekend movie watches for anyone who hasn't seen em!

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Older movies that I rewatched recently that I'm surprised were never more popular:

'Lucky Number Slevin'. I'll never understand why this movie never got more attention, one of the greatest 'twist' endings ever.

Oh, and 'The Losers'. It's funny to watch now, it was a DC property, but half of the cast are now MCU alumni.

Good shouts. I really enjoyed Lucky number slevin. Worth a rewatch, haven't seen it in I don't remember when the last time. Smokin' aces I only remember owning the dvd and a little bit about the type of the movie, but can't remember how I liked it. On that note (or sort of), Shoot 'em up was pretty fun as well. Rock n rolla was on another level though for me, what comes to those type of flicks.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
For horror fans, Hell House was great. One of the better ones in the found footage genre.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Twist endings are always tough because they can really save or elevate some movies, but at the same time it can suck going into a movie if you already know that there is a twist. :unsure:

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As far as Denzel movies go, Flight is the one that sticks in my mind. He played that part perfectly.

I recently watched Smile and Top Gun 2. Decent movies, but neither would make my top 10, or 20 for that matter.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I'll have to check out The Losers.
Looks pretty good.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
As far as Denzel movies go, Flight is the one that sticks in my mind. He played that part perfectly.

I recently watched Smile and Top Gun 2. Decent movies, but neither would make my top 10, or 20 for that matter.
I was not that pleased with Smile. The reveal was a let down. It kind of reminded me of "It Follows".

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'll have to check out The Losers.
Looks pretty good.
I'm assuming it had something to do with Chris becoming Cap and Idris becoming Heimdall shortly after doing this movie... always one of those things where I'm sad it never got the sequel it deserved haha. It was based on a comic series, but it was an adult series, and not one about super heroes. Honestly, kind of an adult themed A-Team vibe. And if I'm not mistaken, it came out around the same time as the A-Team movie did, which probably hurt it's #'s a bit.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Watched the movie south paw. Pretty basic story line but I did enjoy it, good time waster.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am watching BEEF on Netflix. I am 3 episodes in and really enjoying it.
If you think this looks cheesy you are mistaken. It’s actually really well done. If you like the show Dave on Hulu it has a similar feel.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I watched Infinite, with Wahlberg. I thought it was pretty good.

Next .... Cocaine Bear!
LOL

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I watched Infinite, with Wahlberg. I thought it was pretty good.

Next .... Cocaine Bear!
LOL
Ok .... Cocaine Bear wasn't for me (and I like a lot of stupid stuff).

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Introduced my boy to 300 this weekend
then last night I finally saw the 'sequel' they had made to 300. Which I'm going to be honest... I thought it was FANTASTIC. a bit too much sex for my boy though IMO, so I'm glad he missed that one.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's a bummer (still haven't seen it myself). Well, Velocipastor should not dissapoint!
i saw velocipastor .. we had a good laugh at it

they were quoting random quotes like matthew 64:43 lol

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My dude…nice!

Yeah I felt similar. And just started season 2 last night.
@Rad83 hows your season 2 going ?
im loving it .. i think im 6 episodes in planning on finishing it by end of tommorow .

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
@Rad83 hows your season 2 going ?
im loving it .. i think im 6 episodes in planning on finishing it by end of tommorow .
Just finished season 2 last
Night…big ending! I’ll probably start 3 late tonight after the gym.

Also just started and enjoining “Florida man” on Netflix

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not sure if you guys are watching Barry on HBO but new season is out... 😉
nice great show .. ive only seen first 2 seasons ..keep watching new stuff and forget about what i have started lol

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
nice great show .. ive only seen first 2 seasons ..keep watching new stuff and forget about what i have started lol
my wife really liked the Flight Attendant, which I thought was fun but really thinking about the two shows I told her I think Flight Attendant and Barry are like the same show but Barry is the guys version and Flight Attendant is the Chicks version lol

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
my wife really liked the Flight Attendant, which I thought was fun but really thinking about the two shows I told her I think Flight Attendant and Barry are like the same show but Barry is the guys version and Flight Attendant is the Chicks version lol
haha i think i saw like half episode of flight attendant .. if thats the correct show, the one with the chick from big bang theory right ?

yeah i can see it being similar to barry now that you had mention it just judging from 1st episode.

what did she think of barry ?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just finished season 2 last
Night…big ending! I’ll probably start 3 late tonight after the gym.

Also just started and enjoining “Florida man” on Netflix
just finished episode 10 of season 2 finale .. wow bravo @kendall roy

what a way to end the season.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
haha i think i saw like half episode of flight attendant .. if thats the correct show, the one with the chick from big bang theory right ?

yeah i can see it being similar to barry now that you had mention it just judging from 1st episode.

what did she think of barry ?
yeah Kaley Cuoco from BBT lol
my wife loves Barry, she was the one who found out the new season was out and said "oh Hanks back on, we gotta go see Hank!" or actually, we of course pronounce it "Honk" lol.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I’m a few into season 3 and it heats up!

Also balancing that with FloridaMan, then I got a couple new ones on Netflix to start, that I can’t remember the names of now…

On a different note, the Saturday night Bongino show I liked is gone🤷‍♂️
And today they cut Tucker Carlson, but I didn’t really care for his goofy asss

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It’s older but on Amazon prime they have CT Fletcher documentary.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Equalizer 3 trailer dropped yesterday. Definitely in the mood to rewatch the first two soon now.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Comedy Central be blasting Seinfeld all afternoon most days of the week!
my wife and I have been going way back to some late night classics. after we watch a suits, dexter, or maisel or something of the last decade we often times will either watch a MASH, Night Court... even Golden Girls (LOL), Just Shoot Me, Mad About You, or one of my all time favorites post friends was "rules of engagement".

we usually only have time for like 1 or 1 and 1/2 shows a night so the old school sitcoms do a good job of turning the brain off at night lol

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m a few into season 3 and it heats up!

Also balancing that with FloridaMan, then I got a couple new ones on Netflix to start, that I can’t remember the names of now…

On a different note, the Saturday night Bongino show I liked is gone🤷‍♂️
And today they cut Tucker Carlson, but I didn’t really care for his goofy asss
im all caught up just finished season 4 episode 5.

season 4 episode 3 ranked as best episode ever 10/10 rating next to breaking bad 2nd last season episode

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow, you move fast! I’m still in late season 3
lol yup avg'd about 3-4 a day at work ..and so interesting that couldnt put it down

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In honor of the ongoing SnyderCon 2023 im gonna go back thru the Snyderverse this weekend.

- Man of Steel
- Batman V Superman - Extended Cut
- Zack Snyder's Justice League

These are the ones im 100% gonna watch. But I might throw in Wonder Woman and Aquaman as well.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In honor of the ongoing SnyderCon 2023 im gonna go back thru the Snyderverse this weekend.

- Man of Steel

These are the ones im 100% gonna watch. But I might throw in Wonder Woman and Aquaman as well.
Just League extended is very good…way better than the normal version. Only warning is it is 4 hours. I got some heat for picking it for family movie haha

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

- Man of Steel

Everyone is allowed to have different tastes, so others can enjoy what they want, but I really couldn't stand most of these movies as a big DC fan. :confused:

Snyder definitely has a pretty unique style and I appreciate the passion he seems to bring to things and glad those who like his stuff get a decent bit to enjoy, just doesn't always seem to click for me.

That said I am looking forward more info on his new movie this year that should be out on Netflix (Rebel Moon), it sounds pretty sweet! Oh and maybe some more info on Planet of the Dead (Army of the Dead sequel).

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just League extended is very good…way better than the normal version. Only warning is it is 4 hours. I got some heat for picking it for family movie haha
synder vision was great and agree much better

DC messed it up and shoulda just stuck with that maybe in 2 parts or if it was gonna be on HBO who the hell cares how long is it .. pple can control how much in each sitting.

i dont mind DC movies , i think they are better then pple give them credit too but that whole marvel/thanos phase was ridiculous and nothing will live up to it ..so i can see the comparison.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Everyone is allowed to have different tastes, so others can enjoy what they want, but I really couldn't stand most of these movies as a big DC fan. :confused:

Snyder definitely has a pretty unique style and I appreciate the passion he seems to bring to things and glad those who like his stuff get a decent bit to enjoy, just doesn't always seem to click for me.

That said I am looking forward more info on his new movie this year that should be out on Netflix (Rebel Moon), it sounds pretty sweet! Oh and maybe some more info on Planet of the Dead (Army of the Dead sequel).
Yeah i get that. Lots of people were dissapointed with those movies. To me Henry Cavill and Bef Affleck were awesome as Superman and Batman.

Speaking of, im actually really excited for the Flash movie. Trailers looks much better than I ever thought.

But this weekend its all about Guardians of the Galaxy 3. I got my tickets for mid day Saturday.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah i get that. Lots of people were dissapointed with those movies. To me Henry Cavill and Bef Affleck were awesome as Superman and Batman.

Speaking of, im actually really excited for the Flash movie. Trailers looks much better than I ever thought.

But this weekend its all about Guardians of the Galaxy 3. I got my tickets for mid day Saturday.
hells yea man .. Batman & flash are my favorites .. so excited about flash.

followed thru 6 seasons of Flash, supergirl, arrow .. but eventually lost interst

but hearing good things like you said about this and critics are raving about erza miller performance.

i get it why DC couldnt move away from him, i just hope he gets his stuff right and we continue to see a new multiverse .. same with johnanthan majors they they have too might tied with him

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think Ezra’s version of flash is one of the worst comic interpretations of a character, but again it’s w.e always plenty of comics to go back to for myself so if others enjoy it’s that’s good for them.

I booked tickets for Guardians on Monday early in the day. I’m pretty done with MCU anyways, but hoping this will be a good finishing touch on the characters as I do enjoy the first two.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think Ezra’s version of flash is one of the worst comic interpretations of a character, but again it’s w.e always plenty of comics to go back to for myself so if others enjoy it’s that’s good for them.

I booked tickets for Guardians on Monday early in the day. I’m pretty done with MCU anyways, but hoping this will be a good finishing touch on the characters as I do enjoy the first two.
i hear ya .. besides spiderman, dr strange i dont get exited about them .. i will see every single one .. but i think antman & galaxy are turning out to be some of the worst mcu movies.

the whole mcu is riding on KANG to save it .. after seeing the end credit seen of quatumania and loki season 2 coming .. theres still some hope and i think it will survive.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
any1 watch ted lasso here ?

i binged watched season 1 last week .. on season 2 and loving it even though its about a weird football shape thingy

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Just finished season 2 and a couple episodes in Season 3. I like season 3 version of Kendall so far. Decent series. Really slow but it keeps you drawn in.