Movies and tv shows discussion

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Equalizer 3 is due out later this year, so I need to rewatch the first two in preparation. Definitely don't prefer them over Wick and Fuqua and Denzel definitely have some better offerings (together and separate), but I won't miss the opportunity for another Denzel + Fuqua outing.
I was less into the 2nd one. Couple really good scenes, but overall not as strong as the 1st. Curious how the 3rd one will turn out.

Also agree on Denzel and Fuqua, they just make rewatchable stuff together. Fuqua also did Shooter, which is way up there on my 'I'll rewatch this any day of the week' list haha.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I was less into the 2nd one. Couple really good scenes, but overall not as strong as the 1st. Curious how the 3rd one will turn out.

Also agree on Denzel and Fuqua, they just make rewatchable stuff together. Fuqua also did Shooter, which is way up there on my 'I'll rewatch this any day of the week' list haha.
Ya I haven't rewatched shooter too recently, but I've seen it a lot. Need to add it to my list again haha

Need to rewatch Tears of the Sun too.

Training Day though is an instant classic for me. Easily contends as one of my top Denzel movies.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ya I haven't rewatched shooter too recently, but I've seen it a lot. Need to add it to my list again haha

Need to rewatch Tears of the Sun too.

Training Day though is an instant classic for me. Easily contends as one of my top Denzel movies.
Love me some Marky Mark, so Fuqua + him, throw in a good conspiracy, plus Ned Beatty giving speeches like he did in 'Network'.... *chefs kiss* Plus Kate Mara with that southern accent. Good lord.

Tears Of The Sun is unfortunately easy to overlook too.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m glad you recommended this, it’s on the hbo max app, also a pretty decent film!! I enjoyed it.
yeah took me by a surprise too .. i watch almost everything with breaking bad cast lol

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I enjoyed "Nobody" too .... And I've never watched Breaking Bad.
I used to watch him doing comedy (especially Mr. Show, With Bob and David. LOL).

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nobody was pretty good, same writer as the Wick movies.

Still waiting for that final season of Better Call Saul to hit Netflix though..

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
New Netflix show 'The Night Agent'...

Not bad, but nothing incredible. Conspiracy plot was pretty good. Acting was mid-tier to slightly above average. Didn't take away from anything, but I wouldn't say there were any 'wow' performances. Had some decent action stuff. Not really a binge show, but worth watching an episode or two every couple of days.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
New Netflix show 'The Night Agent'...

Not bad, but nothing incredible. Conspiracy plot was pretty good. Acting was mid-tier to slightly above average. Didn't take away from anything, but I wouldn't say there were any 'wow' performances. Had some decent action stuff. Not really a binge show, but worth watching an episode or two every couple of days.
I watched half an episode yesterday and I concur on the acting part. The plot really hasn’t started yet so I can’t talk to that. But yeah I’ll keep going. Thanks for the review.

Last edited:
baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I watched half an exposure yesterday and I concur on the acting part. The plot really hasn’t started yet so I can’t talk to that. But yeah I’ll keep going. Thanks for the review.
I guess this could be construed as mildly spoily but: depending on how you look at it, they slowplay the 'full' conspiracy plot a lot more than I was expecting them to. Did a decent job of keeping me guessing for quite a while. My curiosity was enough to keep me going lol.

No hate to the lead actor, because I can't necessarily point to anything he did that bothered me... but I feel like this show would be getting a lot more attention if a bigger name had the role. But if you check out the cast, it's essentially a collection of people who have careers as random recurring characters on other shows. Can kinda see why haha. None of them are awful, but no one steals the show.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nobody was pretty good, same writer as the Wick movies.

Still waiting for that final season of Better Call Saul to hit Netflix though..
oh wow still hasnt hit netflix .. but it was very good season .. guy is such a fantastic actor

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@GreenMachineX
no i watched half of fallen .. it is very good but i do data engineering w/ lil bit of networking as well.

How about yourself what do you do ?

And i couldn't pay full attention to it and felt like i was missing out on some important stuff so left it off for when i can focus on

started watching The Serpent ( about a serial killer in asia )

Last edited:
GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
no i watched half of fallen .. it is very good but i do data engineering w/ lil bit of networking as well.

How about yourself what do you do ?

And i couldn't pay full attention to it and felt like i was missing out on some important stuff so left it off for when i can focus on

started watching The Serpent ( about a serial killer in asia )
Gotcha. Yeah, Fallen deserves full attention. I might re-watch it again. Watching Flatliners now. It's been 25 years since I've seen it I think.
I monitor social media feedback for the company I work for.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
oh wow still hasnt hit netflix .. but it was very good season .. guy is such a fantastic actor
Ya I've been waiting a little bit to watch. Last year I got a bit burnt out on TV shows either from the quality or just because I've seen too many, but this will probably be one of the few I do tune into this year.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ya I've been waiting a little bit to watch. Last year I got a bit burnt out on TV shows either from the quality or just because I've seen too many, but this will probably be one of the few I do tune into this year.
ohh but once you get your hands on it .. gonna run through it pretty quickly with binge watching.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I saw this and was pretty good .. mainly shows capitalism vs communism

very entertaining and true story .. i think all OG had the game boy hand held tetris at one point.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I saw this and was pretty good .. mainly shows capitalism vs communism

very entertaining and true story .. i think all OG had the game boy hand held tetris at one point.
I thought this was fun. I enjoy Tarons work and thought this was entertaining enough.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I thought this was fun. I enjoy Tarons work and thought this was entertaining enough.
i honestly couldnt name you any of taron's previous job without looking it up .. but yeah damn he killed it in this.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
i honestly couldnt name you any of taron's previous job without looking it up .. but yeah damn he killed it in this.
I like him in kingsman and he’s pretty good in Rocketman. Black Bird was decent too.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I found on hbo max, they have saints of Newark. Supposedly the soprano movie based on tony when he was a kid. Watched the trailer and I think tomorrow going to watch the movie.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Succession, on hbo max…Good family drama, sort of mad men vibe…I’m one season in

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Succession, on hbo max…Good family drama, sort of mad men vibe…I’m one season in
that was just recommended to me last week by my cousin .. will check it out once finish serpent

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Got to all along the western front…freaking awesome. Can’t remember who said it was good but whoever it is you are correct. Highly recommend.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Got to all along the western front…freaking awesome. Can’t remember who said it was good but whoever it is you are correct. Highly recommend.
That god damn 3 tone music/sound effect thing.... DUUHHHHH NUUUHHHHHHHH nuhhhhhhhh, fucking haunting haha.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That god damn 3 tone music/sound effect thing.... DUUHHHHH NUUUHHHHHHHH nuhhhhhhhh, fucking haunting haha.
Yea that was amazing. Surprised at how good it was and from what I’ve learned accurate that was. Just phenomenal. WW1 is a tough one bc you can’t make the story simple…at least that’s why I think we don’t really learn about. But yea great flick!

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yea that was amazing. Surprised at how good it was and from what I’ve learned accurate that was. Just phenomenal. WW1 is a tough one bc you can’t make the story simple…at least that’s why I think we don’t really learn about. But yea great flick!
I've seen a couple 'breakdowns' that point out some little things like: the way they use the flamethrowers to clear the trenches during that tank scene, not necessarily how flamethrowers were used. Some little things like trenches being built in the 'wrong direction' for certain shots... but all in all a good job of not 'Hollywood-izing' the story.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've seen a couple 'breakdowns' that point out some little things like: the way they use the flamethrowers to clear the trenches during that tank scene, not necessarily how flamethrowers were used. Some little things like trenches being built in the 'wrong direction' for certain shots... but all in all a good job of not 'Hollywood-izing' the story.
Damn you went super specific. Respect

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Says a lot that all there was to critique about the movie was tiny little stuff like that :p
Honestly biggest critiques have tended to the changes from the book (specifically the ending) and how that potentially changes the emphasis of the themes and point of the story.

The music, cinematography, and overall quality of the movie were pretty solid though.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Honestly biggest critiques have tended to the changes from the book (specifically the ending) and how that potentially changes the emphasis of the themes and point of the story.

The music, cinematography, and overall quality of the movie were pretty solid though.
Does it have to do with the guy saying “go on and fight because the social democrats” part? That part seemed a little odd to me.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Does it have to do with the guy saying “go on and fight because the social democrats” part? That part seemed a little odd to me.
I don't know that specific line you are referring to, though there were a few of additions and changes from the source material.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't know that specific line you are referring to, though there were a few of additions and changes from the source material.
Got it. It was at the end and it was the one part that seemed a little forced to me. Not so much the action but the wording. Nothing that messed the movie up or anything.

I didn’t realize it was a book. That always opens new avenues of criticism, many times warranted.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It’s a great show. All of the seasons are good. I just started on the 4th season.

started succession .. 1st 10 mins i wanted to shut off but stuck with it and yeah now im hooked .. knocked out 3 episodes all together

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Went to the movies and saw Super Mario Brothers with my fiance and 20 year old son. We all really enjoyed it!
Me growing up playing all the early Mario games and my son having played the more recent ones. We found joy in all the easter eggs. Even my fiances who only know about these thrings thru osmosis said she recognized alot.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Where is this streaming?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

any1 ever seen this .. im about 6 episodes in .. stupid comedy like expected good time pass and to switch between serious shows to get a laughter in.

i used to follow him on youtube when he first started .. he used to go freestyle randomly to people and is pretty good at entertainment.

its on hulu

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
View attachment 231078

any1 ever seen this .. im about 6 episodes in .. stupid comedy like expected good time pass and to switch between serious shows to get a laughter in.

i used to follow him on youtube when he first started .. he used to go freestyle randomly to people and is pretty good at entertainment.

its on hulu
I really liked the first season. The last season didn’t care for as much, but definitely worth watching what you have.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I really liked the first season. The last season didn’t care for as much, but definitely worth watching what you have.
just finished season1 .. yeah i can see it getting to a point where it runs out of material

but def enjoying it for time being.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
started succession .. 1st 10 mins i wanted to shut off but stuck with it and yeah now im hooked .. knocked out 3 episodes all together
My dude…nice!

Yeah I felt similar. And just started season 2 last night.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My dude…nice!

Yeah I felt similar. And just started season 2 last night.
nice 8 episodes in season1 ..so good man i feel for kendall roy seems like he has a great vision and keeps getting screwed

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am watching BEEF on Netflix. I am 3 episodes in and really enjoying it.