GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah way to young to pass, very sad. One of my favourite game series of all time is Destiny and Lance voiced Zavala, the titan vanguard. So me being a Titan main he was like my "boss". He also loved to play Destiny, so the gaming world lost one of its biggest proponents.
for me it was the wire, thats where i became a fan of him
but yeah 61..ugh way too young

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just finished Ozark. Quite a raunchy show. So conflicted on it. Ruth and Wendy drove me crazy.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just watched it.
I thought it was very good!
I forgot about this one. I want to check it out for sure. Good movies are hard to come by these days in comparison to the past IMO.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I forgot about this one. I want to check it out for sure. Good movies are hard to come by these days in comparison to the past IMO.
I agree.
I like him as an actor.
Did you see Hotel Artemis?

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I agree.
I like him as an actor.
Did you see Hotel Artemis?
I have not. Another worthwhile? I’ve been kinda picky watching new movies just due to a hectic life. Another good one?

I actually had time to watch a movie last night and wasn’t sure so I rewatched edge of tomorrow(awesome movie IMO for sci-fi fans).

I may actually have time to watch the M. Night movie tonight

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have not. Another worthwhile? I’ve been kinda picky watching new movies just due to a hectic life. Another good one?

I actually had time to watch a movie last night and wasn’t sure so I rewatched edge of tomorrow(awesome movie IMO for sci-fi fans).

I may actually have time to watch the M. Night movie tonight
Personally, I enjoyed Hotel Artemis. .Dave Bautista does a great job, and Jodi Foster did a Solid job. .... And a lot more familiar faces. It is in the near future, and the "Hotel" is actually a secret hospital for criminals with a lot of money.

Ton Cruise has some Weird ideas, but I think I've enjoyed Every Sci-Fi movie he's ever made.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Knock at the Cabin is now streaming on the Peacock app.
May check this out now that it is streaming. Heard it was a little hit or miss (but the source material was kind of that way too and most M. Night seem that way as well), but I like Bautista so I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually.

Just finished Ozark. Quite a raunchy show. So conflicted on it. Ruth and Wendy drove me crazy.
Thought it fizzled a little towards the end, but I enjoyed that show overall.

Idk there are still tons of great movies most years, you just have to open your self up to where you look for them. Maybe main tent-pole blockbusters are a little weak lately with the overabundance of superhero movies, but there are still tons of other great options in tons of genres with a little looking.

I'll be hitting up Wick 4 here in a few hours. I don't get to go often and pretty pumped to get a chance to go watch.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
May check this out now that it is streaming. Heard it was a little hit or miss (but the source material was kind of that way too and most M. Night seem that way as well), but I like Bautista so I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually.

Idk there are still tons of great movies most years, you just have to open your self up to where you look for them. Maybe main tent-pole blockbusters are a little weak lately with the overabundance of superhero movies, but there are still tons of other great options in tons of genres with a little looking.

I'll be hitting up Wick 4 here in a few hours. I don't get to go often and pretty pumped to get a chance to go watch.
You know what I miss?
The IFC Channel.
Back when it was Really The Independent Film Channel.

Years ago, they showed Nothing but Independent Films (BTW, that doesn't automatically mean small budget), with No advertisements.

There were a lot of misses on there, but I also used to find some Real winners.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Definitely not new but I recently got hbo max app and have been re watching The Sopranos.

Probably not overly heard of, think it’s on Netflix? It’s called bone tomahawk. It’s a western movie but has a weird plot to it, a group of cannibals in it. This will not be for most people but I enjoyed it 🤣

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Personally, I enjoyed Hotel Artemis. .Dave Bautista does a great job, and Jodi Foster did a Solid job. .... And a lot more familiar faces. It is in the near future, and the "Hotel" is actually a secret hospital for criminals with a lot of money.

Ton Cruise has some Weird ideas, but I think I've enjoyed Every Sci-Fi movie he's ever made.
Yea I watched a preview and at the very least it looks original which peaks my interest.

And yea Tom Cruise is a weirdo with that Scientology stuff…but man he makes a lot of awesome movies. Hey as long as he isn’t forcing crap down my throat weird out and make great stuff haha

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yea I watched a preview and at the very least it looks original which peaks my interest.

And yea Tom Cruise is a weirdo with that Scientology stuff…but man he makes a lot of awesome movies. Hey as long as he isn’t forcing crap down my throat weird out and make great stuff haha
LOL. .... I agree.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Yea I want to see Wick 4. I guess when I look at like “best movies of the year” essentially every year when I was younger it had bangers. I just think sometimes the CGI, which is cool, is taking the place of great acting and dialogue.

I also may get tons of pushback but I am not a fan of taking great stories for name recognition, saying you are going to make a movie, and just shitting on the source material. Dune was a great acceptation. Took an amazing story and adapted it while respecting source material. Loved that movie and can’t wait for the second.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anyone see All Along the Western Front? Been considering that. It’s a WW1 movie on Netflix.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
John Wick 4 was awesome. Best movie I’ve watched since Top Gun 2.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yea I want to see Wick 4. I guess when I look at like “best movies of the year” essentially every year when I was younger it had bangers. I just think sometimes the CGI, which is cool, is taking the place of great acting and dialogue.

I also may get tons of pushback but I am not a fan of taking great stories for name recognition, saying you are going to make a movie, and just shitting on the source material. Dune was a great acceptation. Took an amazing story and adapted it while respecting source material. Loved that movie and can’t wait for the second.
Ya I can see that. I think it just depends on when exactly we are talking about. There’s a lot of great movies in the last 10-15 years and some old ones I’ve watched that haven’t held up to my nostalgia vision and some that still are amazing. Kind of just depends.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Wick 4 was awesome. Super long but I also felt it went by quite well and I’m glad I took the opportunity to see it on the big screen.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
LOL. Bill Burr on the Mandalorian.

No spoilers please.
I'm still catching up.
(y)

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Knock at the Cabin is now streaming on the Peacock app.

View attachment 230547
I hate a lot of M. Night movies, he loves to ruin a lot of things with his need to have some sort of twist... but Knock At The Cabin was pretty good. There were some 'don't really give a ****' elements, could have done a better job making me care about certain characters/gave them very generic predictable backstories... but god damn Dave Bautista was incredible in this. Worth watching just for him honestly.

Anyone see All Along the Western Front? Been considering that. It’s a WW1 movie on Netflix.
Yup, and it's amazing. Gotta be ready to read since it's all subtitled, but it perfectly demonstrates the horrors of trench warfare. Beautiful cinematography, really awesome sound FX.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I hate a lot of M. Night movies, he loves to ruin a lot of things with his need to have some sort of twist... but Knock At The Cabin was pretty good. There were some 'don't really give a ****' elements, could have done a better job making me care about certain characters/gave them very generic predictable backstories... but god damn Dave Bautista was incredible in this. Worth watching just for him honestly.

Yup, and it's amazing. Gotta be ready to read since it's all subtitled, but it perfectly demonstrates the horrors of trench warfare. Beautiful cinematography, really awesome sound FX.
Awesome. I actually prefer subtitles if it is in a land that does not speak English. Like if narcos show had columbians and Mexicans speaking English the whole time it would have taken authenticity away.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is Wick4 anything more then constant gunfights? That's literally all the first 2 I've seen were about...and a dead dog.
You should watch #3.
If you don't like any of the first three, you probably won't like the 4th (although I haven't seen it yet).

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You should watch #3.
If you don't like any of the first three, you probably won't like the 4th (although I haven't seen it yet).
Well, I can't recall if I saw the 3rd. I think I did, but don't remember being impressed with any of them. To each their own though.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Mark Twain prize for American Humor, Adam Sandler…is excellent

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
john wick 4 was pretty awesome .. but yeah if u dont like fights/action u prolly wont like it but then again if you dont.. are u a man ?

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is Wick4 anything more then constant gunfights? That's literally all the first 2 I've seen were about...and a dead dog.
Yeah thats a huge generalization about the movies. They are highly stylistic and lore rich movies but yes very violent.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah thats a huge generalization about the movies. They are highly stylistic and lore rich movies but yes very violent.
I love violent movies though with bad mamajamas, for example Rambo, Predator, Terminator...now that I'm thinking about it, maybe it's the actor. The Bourne movies were the same way for me. Matt Damon is not Bourne lol

Last edited:
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I love violent movies though with bad mamajamas, for example Rambo, Predator, Terminator...now that I'm thinking about it, maybe it's the actor. The Borne movies were the same way for me. Matt Damon is not Borne lol
oh yea the actor makes everything .. replace keanue here with anyone i bet it wouldnt be a great franchise

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
oh yea the actor makes everything .. replace keanue here with anyone i bet it wouldnt be a great franchise
Lol the opposite for me. Replace Keanu with someone like Christian Bale or Stallone in his prime...probably would be amazing. I'm going to watch the 3rd one (maybe again, unsure) and give it another shot.

Edit: Or Daniel Craig...he's not jacked to the gills, but love his acting.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ya I think what really sets the Wick series apart at this point is how super stylized and over the top the lore is. The choreography, stunt work, and some of the film techniques are really enjoyable.

Before Wick 4 my favorite beat them up action movies I had watched this year were The Raid 2 and Wick 3.

Lol the opposite for me. Replace Keanu with someone like Christian Bale or Stallone in his prime...probably would be amazing. I'm going to watch the 3rd one (maybe again, unsure) and give it another shot.

Edit: Or Daniel Craig...he's not jacked to the gills, but love his acting.
I mean John Wick isn't solely about acting chops, its more about the stunts and choreography for the fights. Keanu's background with Stahelski definitely plays into how well much of that is put together and I am unsure if (m)any other actors would have been able to capture that in the first one to the ability it did that led to the eventual growth the franchise has seen.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

those who like john wick .. if you havent seen this, you would most likely enjoy this too.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ya I think what really sets the Wick series apart at this point is how super stylized and over the top the lore is. The choreography, stunt work, and some of the film techniques are really enjoyable.

Before Wick 4 my favorite beat them up action movies I had watched this year were The Raid 2 and Wick 3.

I mean John Wick isn't solely about acting chops, its more about the stunts and choreography for the fights. Keanu's background with Stahelski definitely plays into how well much of that is put together and I am unsure if (m)any other actors would have been able to capture that in the first one to the ability it did that led to the eventual growth the franchise has seen.
I just watched about 30 minutes of Wick 3. I guess I just want more then choreography in my films.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I just watched about 30 minutes of Wick 3. I guess I just want more then choreography in my films.
That is fine everyone has their own preferences and tastes, but for mindless action it really doesn't get much better for me. I definetely have a preference for more martial arts style action than 80s style action movies fwiw.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That is fine everyone has their own preferences and tastes, but for mindless action it really doesn't get much better for me. I definetely have a preference for more martial arts style action than 80s style action movies fwiw.
I hear ya. I get that.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, mystery is a good word for it. Lots of elements of different genres.
nice ill check it out once finished you and mindhunter

have you ever seen or heard of LUPIN ?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
nice ill check it out once finished you and mindhunter

have you ever seen or heard of LUPIN ?
Nope...just Googled it and looks interesting. I need something now that I've finished ozark, and this looks pretty good.

FTR, Archive 81 does have some horror elements, but it's not horror (in my opinion).

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
maybe it's the actor.
This is what is it. At the end of the day, Keanu is really a terrible actor. He's the same exact person in every film he does. No difference between John Wick, the coach of the Kekambas or Kevin Lomax, other than the fight stuff.

Mainly why I was always someone who preferred 'The Equalizer' over John Wick, because at least Denzel is entertaining when he opens his mouth to talk haha.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This is what is it. At the end of the day, Keanu is really a terrible actor. He's the same exact person in every film he does. No difference between John Wick, the coach of the Kekambas or Kevin Lomax, other than the fight stuff.

Mainly why I was always someone who preferred 'The Equalizer' over John Wick, because at least Denzel is entertaining when he opens his mouth to talk haha.
Agreed. Denzel has some amazing movies...like Fallen, one of my favorites.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Equalizer 3 is due out later this year, so I need to rewatch the first two in preparation. Definitely don't prefer them over Wick and Fuqua and Denzel definitely have some better offerings (together and separate), but I won't miss the opportunity for another Denzel + Fuqua outing.